Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

KKKLIP ART posted:

I didn't know the Undertaker was an AI regular

Nahhh man, that's Jason Momoa after bulking up for his next role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
White Machete or an extra from pirates of dark water I can't really place my finger on it

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

What sucks is when you finally grow it out decent and then have to cut it to find a new job :smith:

Ugh, ain't this the loving truth.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ultimateforce posted:

The struggle to grow it out is real.

Ulilillia says I should man up and just grow it out, he had no problem with it.

The worst part is my hair is really wavy - if I slap a hat on, it all poofs out from around the hat.

I'm trying to grow it back out, but it's at that awkward terrible stage where it's just a poorly tamed fro, unless I hit it with the flat iron every morning. And that's a lot of :effort: when I could just slap a hat on and look like a hick. Still kicking my own rear end for getting really drunk and shaving it all off one night...

e: it's down to my earlobes at the moment.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 20, 2014

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

leica posted:

What sucks is when you finally grow it out decent and then have to cut it to find a new job :smith:

Hahaha this is exactly what I've done for my last 4 jobs. Currently just past my shoulders when dry (wavy so much longer when wet).

Manager makes me put it in a pony tail, which is for the better, as being scalped by a machine would suck.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
STR did you deliver in a ship before you got the ion? You look like a pizza pirate!

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

gently caress having hair, man. Shaved head supremacy for life. Well, not that kind of supremacy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The Midniter posted:

gently caress having hair, man. Shaved head supremacy for life. Well, not that kind of supremacy.

The hair I do have looks like poo poo (male pattern baldness since I was 20, yo), so I keep it around 3-6mm always.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
So, finally got the SR20 fitted correctly in the S30. Now I am back to liking this swap.

And here's our turbo kit coming soon.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=797209143644298&set=a.278967898801761.72418.269784153053469&type=1&theater

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That looks like some crazy metal sea creature. What i'm saying is it's loving rad.

Also, please tell me that valve cover is going to be cleaned up at some point :v:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

You guys ever have much to do with the RB30? I know theres a few of them making silly power running around in some odd machines- Like a GQ patrol that dyno's 280kw @ all 4 wheels on 37" tyres.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

If it's an RB30 there's like a 90% chance we did it.

Edit: We bought the entire last batch of RB30 blocks from Nissan the last time they cast new old stock.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

T1g4h posted:

That looks like some crazy metal sea creature. What i'm saying is it's loving rad.

Also, please tell me that valve cover is going to be cleaned up at some point :v:

The first customer who is getting that manifold is also getting that engine rebuilt. I have to be done this week so it can get sent to machining.

fingerling
Mar 7, 2010
Dirty 30s have the most adorable blow-off valve noise :kimchi:

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

Did you know that you can't weld because colors?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah you're just trying to make a fashion statement what the gently caress :colbert:

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
~form before function~

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I don't weld at all, but I've been soldering for a decade now, and UFs welds look like a good solder joint, and the one in the FB photo look pretty, but the finish and lip make it look kind of like a cold solder joint. I can't explain it that well in words. I know that they're completely separate things, but it's like water wicking between two pieces of cotton versus water on a hydrophobic surface.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Hollis Brown posted:

Did you know that you can't weld because colors?

I stopped following pretty much all welding groups/sites on social media because inevitably there is bead quality dick measuring and/or selling their own lovely flavor of a product and it was driving me nuts. If I was UF I think it'd bug me even more.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Any time I find my ~CARE LEVELS~ rising I remember I have a backlog of work to do at the shop so I have better stuff to worry about.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Dudes are just jealous because they have a lovely job and yours looks cool, at least in the pictures :v:

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

WELCOME BACK TO MY THREAD

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

*like*

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
I think this thread might still pass an x-ray test, but only just

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

As things start to take off for me at the shop I am securing new contacts and things to sell. Guess who's the exclusive North America distributor for Adaptronic ECUs?

http://www.adaptronic.com.au/

If you REALLY pay attention to my threads you'll know I am a big fan of Megasquirt ECUs, but these are pretty trick and I'm proud to supply them. We've been working with them for some of the problems we have on customer vehicles and they've sorted them out faster than anyone expected. Definitely a stand-up group of guys. You'll be seeing some super cool stuff in the next month coming out so this is sort of a sneak-peek.

Total plug-and-play and a ton of overhead for adding stuff later like race displays. Built in three bar MAP sensors, unlocked tuning, etc. from the get go. Dang!

We do a currency conversion every six months to lock pricing, so until I put everything on the website and do the next round of price setting just figure $1500 for the ECU. I can also apply a 10% GOON DISCOUNT once the price is locked down.

I will be running this ECU on my Renesis engine project.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

drat that's sweet. Still a bit expensive for me though :smith:

Aren't people making PNP Megasquirts these days? I could have sworn someone makes them for Miatas.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

:ssh: I had one of the first Miata PnP units. :ssh:

But these have REAL documentation and are a bit more polished than the rough around the edges Megasquirt.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

ultimateforce posted:

Hold the phone - WHAT!?

Please elaborate.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I had to go look up why in the world that has a headphone port on it:

quote:

1 3.5mm headphone output (for listening to knock)

That's a fancy ECU.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

ultimateforce posted:

As things start to take off for me at the shop I am securing new contacts and things to sell. Guess who's the exclusive North America distributor for Adaptronic ECUs?

Huh that's funny. Turblown get the boot or something?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

ultimateforce posted:

Finally. Been a while since we've swung into a manic phase.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sudo Echo posted:

I had to go look up why in the world that has a headphone port on it:

That's a fancy ECU.

That's actually more or less the standard for knock ears. Even standard car knock sensors are just big coil microphones that the ECU checks for a pattern match to a "known knock" signal (in non-performance car cases, specially tuned to only hit a certain voltage when it sees knock that's bad enough).

3.5mm makes a hell of a lot of sense to me, sorta surprised that's not the OEM design on at least one car.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

McTinkerson posted:

Hold the phone - WHAT!?

Please elaborate.

All will be revealed when I get my current round of projects done.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Brigdh posted:

Huh that's funny. Turblown get the boot or something?

Ah, I see they are selling rotary stuff. I'm at the bottom of the totem pole on sales, but I know some stuff coming out is going straight to Raw Brokerage.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

My desk at work, all Forester parts.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ultimateforce posted:

when I get my current round of projects done.

And we all know how that goes...

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Hey I got money now and I've done quite a bit to the Mustang.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Notched the frame in Rich's Tacoma today. We stopped by a friend of our's personal shop so we could use his plasma cutter. All-and-all the job took about four hours start to finish including clean up. Easy job!

Truck's up, wheels off.

Rich has been driving like this for a while and the U bolts and frame has been taking a beating.

Miller plasma cutter and some know-how make this fly by.

This is some 1/8" wall stainless pipe I had kicking around.

Shop picture intermission! This is only a fraction of the stuff he has in his bays. There's a stocked machine shop tucked just out of frame.

There's a ton of race cars in here if you look around. Spotted this FC getting some engine work done.

An MG (?) up on a shelf. No idea if this car has an engine or not. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

A bike powered race car I did an exhaust for many years ago.

There's, maybe, five Honda Gold Wings in here. A classic American coupe I didn't want to take the car cover off of. At least two diesel engines and a ton of bike engines. What a collection!! I also found a cat named Bob, here are some cell phone pictures. Apparently he lives in the garage and watches the place. Yes he has food, water, and a litter box. He sure is dirty though.

Back to Joe cleaning up the cut. 4" grinding wheel fit perfect!

I applied some quick weld.

Rich hit up some paint.

Bonus kitty litter bag picture.

And Rich's truck is no longer slamming the axle on the frame. Now the wheels rub but that's a different project for another day.

ultimateforce fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I hope he's planning to add metal on top to compensate for the 60% vertical stiffness you just removed from the frame.

• Locked thread