Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

404GoonNotFound posted:

And Iris West's racelift means that it can be a New52-esque Wally as well to please DC editorial as well.

"Let's make him a black kid, but he has to have a rough past with no father figure and also maybe he is a bit of a criminal or something at first, that's how they are usually right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

404GoonNotFound posted:

And Iris West's racelift means that it can be a New52-esque Wally to please DC editorial as well.

The way I see it, is the inverse actually. N52 Wally's black to fit with the show.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That Arrow cameo was so bad.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What's the time stamp on the Gorilla Grodd scene in the Flash pilot?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

omg chael crash posted:

That Arrow cameo was so bad.

Look at how wrong this opinion is. Look at it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

Look at how wrong this opinion is. Look at it.

It was literally the worst scene in the episode. For a couple reasons.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Deadpool posted:

It was literally the worst scene in the episode. For a couple reasons.

I thought it was great for a couple of reasons. One being Stephen Amell is awesome, and two because seeing the Flash and Arrow bro out for a moment at each others abilities made me all :neckbeard:. Sure, the dialogue might have been spotty, but it being a scene that further establishes the shared TV universe between the two is great. Tells the audience that, yeah, the Arrow is going to show up in this series, so loving watch both shows.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

teagone posted:

I thought it was great for a couple of reasons. One being Stephen Amell is awesome, and two because seeing the Flash and Arrow bro out for a moment at each others abilities made me all :neckbeard:. Sure, the dialogue might have been spotty, but it being a scene that further establishes the shared TV universe between the two is great. Tells the audience that, yeah, the Arrow is going to show up in this series, so loving watch both shows.

The dialogue was indeed terrible and that goofy jump off the building that's in the trailer is still dumb as hell even though they changed it a bit.

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
Hey, so, this was a thing that almost happened:

http://auntpetunia.com/

For the people that don't want to click that and want a quick synopses, those are stills from the 1963 almost series Fantastic Four. As a bonus to get people to look at the link, here's what Doctor Doom would have looked like:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Eckertmania posted:

For the people that don't want to click that and want a quick synopses, those are stills from the 1963 almost series Fantastic Four. As a bonus to get people to look at the link, here's what Doctor Doom would have looked like:

That Doom looks pretty great but I'm not really buyinng the whole thing as something real.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Eckertmania posted:

That Doom looks too good for the 1960s.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

That Doom looks pretty great but I'm not really buyinng the whole thing as something real.

My brain refuses to accept this as reality. Probably because almost every photo with an actor in it looks photoshopped to hell. Especially the Thing photos. And the Mole Man photo. If this were true, Marvel.com would have done a featurette on it for sure, as they would have literally no reason not to.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

That is amazing and I wish I lived in the universe where that show happened.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If you read through the history and episode guide it's pretty clear that this in no way is a thing that existed and this is just a fun little What If?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey guys I got a bridge to sell ya.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Hey guys I got a bridge to sell ya.

Does Dr. Doom live under it?

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"
So, yeah, my friend that told me about it earlier and pretty much told me it was bullshit. Like, I read through it and it seemed legit enough. Oh well, just chalk this up to me being "too trusting" of my friends. At least this time it wasn't me loaning money to someone...

Edit: In fact, here's the proof that it's a load of crap:

Never trusting what Scott says again.

Eckertmania fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 28, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eckertmania posted:

Edit: In fact, here's the proof that it's a load of crap:

No, I think that's the Thing.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Eckertmania posted:

Looks better in color, and in focus.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That is an amazing rendition of Doom's armour. It really catches the "modern day medivial knight" hewn to the armour. Where is it from?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
It may be fake, but the synopses in the episode guide are fantastic:

quote:

Episode #6: “Waiter, There’s a Hulk in My Soup”

Synopsis: Reed and Sue want a night to themselves to go out and have a date at a nice restaurant. Back at the Baxter Building, Ben and Johnny spill unstable molecules on Sue’s good tablecloth and try to launder it before she gets home. Reed and Sue have to interrupt their dinner to fight The Hulk, who hurls a car through the restaurant window while on a rampage. Ben and Johnny mistake the Infinity Accelerator for a washing machine and accidentally activate it. In the end Reed uses the power of the Accelerator to stun the Hulk long enough for the authorities to capture him. Sue, hands on hips, wants to know what happened to her tablecloth.

Guest Star: Bruno Sammartino as “The Hulk”

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Question IRL posted:

That is an amazing rendition of Doom's armour. It really catches the "modern day medivial knight" hewn to the armour. Where is it from?

It looks like a statue actually.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

It looks like a statue actually.

It is a statue: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-doctor-doom-sideshow-collectibles-400086/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Yep, I'd know a Sideshow collectible anywhere.

The new FF Movie better have a good Doom, because I can take or leave anyone else, but Doom better be done correctly.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
So hey, looks like another DC comics based shows pilot has leaked (Constantine) if you're plugged into the hip underbelly of the internet.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MrFlibble posted:

So hey, looks like another DC comics based shows pilot has leaked (Constantine) if you're plugged into the hip underbelly of the internet.

Is it just the script or a full :flashfact:?
because just from the previews, I am so hype for constantine!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also it was just announced that they lost the smoking battle and John will not be smoking on air.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

muscles like this? posted:

Also it was just announced that they lost the smoking battle and John will not be smoking on air.

This is unsurprising but terrible.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

By now, this policy really has lost all its basis and rationality.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Medullah posted:

This is unsurprising but terrible.

It's the same logic NBC use regarding Hannibal. You can have gore and viscera out the wazoo, but whoa, you better smear a bit more blood on that body lest we see a naked butt on TV!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

e X posted:

By now, this policy really has lost all its basis and rationality.

The people that would complain about people smoking on TV have no basis or rationality so it fits.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Error 404 posted:

Is it just the script or a full :flashfact:?
because just from the previews, I am so hype for constantine!

Exactly like the Flash pilot - the whole episode (as its currently edited I take it - I imagine with the smoking policy they're going to have to cut a bit of the bar scene) has been set free online. I haven't read much Hellblazer so I can't say if its accurate to the comics or not - but its enjoyable as a TV show, definitely going to give it a shot in autumn.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

As someone who's not very familiar with Hellblazer, I didn't think it was very good. Definitely reminiscent of Supernatural, but not nearly as confident or fun as that show.

It feels very mid-2000-ish in that it's corny as poo poo and a lot of the sets/editing/effects look cheap as hell. Also their attempts at shock horror are downright laughable, goddamn.

Main dude's pretty good. You can tell he enjoys the part, and he has some good mannerisms and tics already. The female lead is awful, though; she's one of those paper-thin audience surrogate characters like what's-his-face from the first Hellboy, and she cannot act her way out of a paper bag. There's absolutely no personality there.

I'll probably check out a few more episodes to see if it improves, but right now I'm not impressed. The only thing it really has going for it is the main character, but I don't know if he's good enough to salvage the rest if this is all they can muster for the pilot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Show ruined and doomed to be canceled after one season.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I've just seen the Justice episode of Smallville and I gotta say, this show isn't nearly as awful as I was led to believe. :shrug:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Constantine was pretty loving great eh. In on ground floor.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Constantine was pretty loving great eh. In on ground floor.

30mins in and I'm hooked. This poo poo is good. DC is 2 for 2 on these leaks. Where's Gotham?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Goddamn, Constantine is everything I wanted from the show. Just the right mix of horror and sass. Honestly surprised some of those bits were on NBC, but I haven't watched Hannibal yet so I guess networks have changed a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deakul posted:

I've just seen the Justice episode of Smallville and I gotta say, this show isn't nearly as awful as I was led to believe. :shrug:

That was written by Geoff Johns I think.

(Not that that necessarily makes it good, but he wasn't a regular staff writer.)

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Oh man, that one was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Constantine had a petty strong pilot, will be interested to see how it plays off week to week. I'm a bit hesitant about some of the DC Universe winks, since that was always downplayed in the good source material and I'm very hesitant about whatever they're doing with Chas.