Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Mark Trail just saved the only black guy in Africa by turning a hippo into a flaming shish kabob. Meanwhile, Geech still wasn't being scanned correctly and the artist was still alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Previously, on...

Luann
Rosa announced that she's going to Peru. Gunther spends a week fiddle-faddling about whether or not he's bold enough to go to Peru with her. As far as I can tell, Rosa never ASKED Gunther to go to Peru with her, but I'm sure it's too much to hope for that when Gunther announces his big decision to go away with her that she says, "Excuse me? No, lovely high school boyfriend, we're breaking up now."

Also, I'm pretty sure Peru's been mapped.

Apartment 3-G
loving nothing. And really passive-aggressive about it, too.

Pros & Cons
Pretty much joke-a-day stuff like this:

Sally Forth
Hilary completes her final exams. The Forths prepare to go on vacation with Sally's family and Ted is NOT happy about it. Hil's boyfriend Jon had another growth spurt.

The Amazing Spider-Man
JJJ meets Doc Ock at his release from prison and copious amounts of rear end smooching commences. Apparently 3J prefers Ock to Spidey because Ock does not falsely advertise; he actually has eight arms. Ock is a genius and all, so he does not allow a good opportunity to go to waste.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Going to be funny when this half-assed Superior Spider-Man arc ends up being better than the comic book one.

Cow and Boy

Bitchin'.

Sherman's Lagoon

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Ema Nymton posted:

Nice! :) Did you do that, or was it that way when you got there?

We're building a house ATM, so we selected those wallpapers for the kids room, there's another room with the same wallpaper but green instead.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

With that, I'm off on vacation for the next week! I likely won't have access to a computer, so anyone who wants to pick up my comics is free to do so.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones
Miss Mellet, the publisher lady, is sad because Grady wasn't only her boyfriend, but also her firm's most important client. Getting dumped could sink her whole enterprise! Luckily, that beatnick janitor dude comes up with a harebrained scheme worthy of I Love Lucy.

Radio Patrol
In the absence of any real leads, the cops decide to see what all the major local fences are up to. Lucky for them, this one lady who used to work at the fur store now works in fur storage. She recognizes a stolen fur when it's brought in to be stored.

Rip Kirby
Kismet Kildare turns out to be lovely at revenge. She feels bad and goes to Rip Kirby and tells him everything. Kirby forgives Kismet, but Let's Be Friendses her before agreeing to look into her father's case. Kismet's uncle is not happy to hear about it.

Big Ben Bolt
Ben fights that Irish dude with the crap shoulder! The fight kind of sucks, though, an account of the aforementioned shoulder and Ben's knowledge of same.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
So I have Johnny the Homicidal Maniac handy. While I'm not sure if the meat of it would be kosher for this thread (since I can't tell if the actual JTHM stuff was ever published in strip format), there's some stuff filling it out that I know for a fact is, and while it kinda runs the gamut in quality and is a little heavy on the :words:, it's never really outright bad and I think it's still unique enough to be worth sharing.

So without further ado: a Public Service Announcement on the dangers of teen pregnancy. (Click for big.)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

ZeeToo posted:

The joke's on you, inspector Danger is Danish!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tiistai posted:

I'm not translating meters to American :v:

This is actually a thing. They are super strict about where you can build saunas. At our summer cottage our lakeside sauna is allowed to exist at the shore basically only because it was built way before these kinds of laws existed and kind of got grandfathered in. Even then we have to build an elaborate drainage system / waste water storage thing so our horribly contaminated sauna water doesn't pollute the lake. The same lake that is used by motorboats and even some kind of small cruise line.

It's worth noting that this horrible menace to nature is used by two people a couple of times a week and it's so old it doesn't even have showers, so you have to wash by pouring water over yourself from a vat. Thanks to Finnish bureaucracy nature is now saved :911:

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

ZeeToo posted:

What's the actual answer? I'm guessing it's that the photos were manipulated because the fire looks the exact same both times.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The actual answer is that the murder could not have taken place past 9pm because there is a fire going, and that's too late for an unattended fire, as recently enacted residential bylaws would've required the butler to smother the flames at 8:45pm sharp with an exception only if at least two members of the household were in that room watching an Agatha Christie television adaptation.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 8, 1927)

Peanuts, in which Snoopy sets achievable goals. (June 30, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

And tonight, barring further incidents, is when I catch up with the effort strips. So let's see how that goes.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sorry for the delay in Howard the Duck. Yes--it is the law.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Watch the mouth, Jill, you're still tied up... they could kick your teeth in. And I would agree with Chelle, these two aren't too bright, so she should be able to wrap this up pretty quick.

Non Sequitur

:ughh: texting_sucks.jpg

Heavenly Nostrils is still yesterday's.

Kliban

:stare: drat, did I ever do a double take there. Axemaniac? :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 6/27/2003

Nicely done, as usual, Brooke.

Zits

Ah, the "direct approach". :v:

Kevin & Kell

Cool obvious cameo, Holbrook, of someone... I guess...

Oh Nemi... :)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac is never gonna get to that friggin' petting zoo.

The Creeps reminds you to call someone a chump today.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fok_It, what the hell is your deal with buttermilk :psyduck:

I figured "icecreaming" takes less horizontal space than "ice cream stuff/things".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I suppose if you don't have any eye-bleach handy, shooting yourself in the chest would work.

I know I've bitched about this before, but god drat Brooke's whole thing of people seeing "sexy" things and losing their poo poo pisses me off. He might as well have the soldier doing a Tex Avery wild take and shouting HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA.

Maybe Ham Shears will relax me.

The Dinette Set

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth
Hilary completes her final exams. The Forths prepare to go on vacation with Sally's family and Ted is NOT happy about it. Hil's boyfriend Jon had another growth spurt.

Oh no, Ted is going to recognize that Jon lives outside their timeline and the whole Forthverse time bubble will implode, won't it?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Nenonen posted:

The joke's on you, inspector Danger is Danish!

I actually looked that up after I did this, but I couldn't figure out a good phrasing to make that work.

CaptainCaveman posted:

What's the actual answer? I'm guessing it's that the photos were manipulated because the fire looks the exact same both times.

That was the answer... but check this fire a little closer. :ssh:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

His Divine Shadow posted:

We're building a house ATM, so we selected those wallpapers for the kids room, there's another room with the same wallpaper but green instead.

Too humble to self-promote, eh? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3575175 (it's a good thread)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

But then what the hell is the motive? He's hired help, it's not like he stood to gain a bunch of inheritance or escape indentured servitude or something. Congratulations, Inspector, you figured out that the murderer was just Being an Insane rear end in a top hat for No Reason Comix!

Pooch Café

It's canon, Superman is a dick to his dog. http://www.anyclip.com/movies/superman-returns/fetch/

Ballard Street

Honestly, if I carried a handsaw around with me I'd be looking for excuses to use it too.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
This wasn't posted here, right?

Because :psyduck:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kennel posted:

This wasn't posted here, right?

Because :psyduck:

Inspector Danger's falsely arrested so many people for insurance fraud, he just figured he'd let this guy go and falsely arrest somebody for theft instead. You know, even things out a little bit. It's more fair that way.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

And here's the confirmation that, yes, this storyline was inspired by the NFL temps of '87.

P'shaw, the guy's doing a great impression.

Calvin And Hobbes

Back to the D-O-double-G spelling, but still in 2011. Gilchrist! :argh:

Ripley's

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Oh, Brother

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

gently caress, I laughed.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Uh oh, that's one higher! :ohdear:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I couldn't wait to post this Fingerpori

Saw it coming a mile away but laughed anyway

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Thank you, Quill, you are the only voice of reason in this dumb thing.

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

It's another one of Brooke's strips that is dripping with excitement.

Pibgorn

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yessssssss

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

So either Wisconsin or China, depending on the 87.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I have never before actively been rooting for Romeo and Juliet to just die already.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

gently caress you, Brooke.

Mark Trail

Buz Sawyer

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
45 N, 87 W is in Lake Michigan, so it's China. That's going to be quite a commute.

Geech has no story to advance, which is refreshing lately.

May 26, 2000 was illegible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

drat, that's a fine Christopher Guest.

• Locked thread