Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

I'm a huge fan of Australian thrillers (The Square, Animal Kingdom) so I was hype as hell for this. Good to sorta bring the expectations down to earth a bit. Your review made me really excited to check out Pattinson's performance.

I didn't even dislike Pattinson to begin with, because the only thing I've seen him in was Cosmopolis and I thought he was pretty good in that, but I was still surprised at how much I liked him here.

I really need to check out The Square. I'm a big fan of Aussie thrillers too, as you could probably tell. The Rover was my most anticipated movie of the year. Now I guess it's either Calvary or Borgman.

edit: speaking of which, Wolf Creek 2 is on Netflix now, I gotta watch that. I really liked the original, can't imagine this one is that good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Paging Dickeye. Your ability to suffer through Spawn poo poo is requested.

Dear god what do you want from me.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

To expand on that a bit, I've found out that a lot of the Spawn video games are actually not bad at all (there's like one straight-up bad one out of six, which is a crazy batting average for such a lovely license) and I kinda want to LP as many of them as I can.

The problem with this is, my knowledge of Spawn lore pretty much boils down to half-remembered poo poo from the HBO show and the movie, and the ones I've played so far explain pretty much jack poo poo. The SNES game has you fight Overt-Kill in the first boss fight and literally doesn't even tell you his name until the rematch, so if you don't know who he is it's just some random cyborg guy out of nowhere who hits you really hard. So I want someone who's read the comics to co-commentate and hopefully explain what in the hell is going on so I don't have to say "because reasons," "because 90s comics" and "because gently caress you that's why" every time I try to fill in some of the gaps these games are leaving.

Oh dear god.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hey, people who live in New York, why does it seem like there are beautiful women on literally every block of your fine city? I swear to god, Chicago isn't like this.

If you think New York is amazing, try LA. Seriously, now that I don't live there it blows my mind every time I go back. The Bay Area is not bereft of attractive people, but gently caress LA is just another level. New York comes close, but even it isn't the same.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Voodoofly posted:

If you think New York is amazing, try LA. Seriously, now that I don't live there it blows my mind every time I go back. The Bay Area is not bereft of attractive people, but gently caress LA is just another level. New York comes close, but even it isn't the same.

Not that I doubt that, there's something about New York City women that just catches my eye.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You fuckers have no idea about beauty until you've been in line at a Golden Corral in the Midwest on a Friday night.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

FishBulb posted:

You fuckers have no idea about beauty

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

You fuckers have no idea

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Haha, "Overt-Kill"

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FishBulb posted:

You fuckers

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
You

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I like my women with pale waxy skin and dry brittle hair and club feet and I find your emphasis on physical beauty ~*problematic*~

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

Dear god what do you want from me.

Oh dear god.

I take it that's a yes? :unsmigghh:

Swagger Dagger posted:

Haha, "Overt-Kill"

90s comics are goofy as hell, film at 11

honestly like 3/4 of why I want to do this is because torturing Dickeye is funny

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Soulja Boy, tell 'em!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

90s comics are goofy as hell, film at 11

honestly like 3/4 of why I want to do this is because torturing Dickeye is funny

I love a lot of 90's comics, we can talk NFL Superpro and Extreme Justice all day, but man. Overt-Kill.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Why? Why do I always forget that seeing an IMAX 3D film will make me severely ill about an hour or so into the experience? :smith:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

yeah?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

MisterBibs posted:

Why? Why do I always forget that seeing an IMAX 3D film will make me severely ill about an hour or so into the experience? :smith:

It costs a lot more money so it must be better, right?

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

FishBulb posted:

You fuckers have no idea about beauty until you've been in line at a Golden Corral in the Midwest on a Friday night.
I've always been attracted to tomboyish women, so this is the one I'm most likely to believe.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Soft and only?

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

RIP :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbZ_k1Z8gU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm 20 and I'd feel really uncomfortable dating a 17-year-old. Pluss the only people I've known who've done that are all super sketchy weirdos.
I'm 23 and I can't relate to people under 21. It's weird how just like 1-2 years puts people at totally different places in their lives.

Just got back from Transformers 4; I'm glad it came out now instead of in 2002 because then it would probably have been called Transf4mers. I won't clutter up this thread with much more talk about it, but that's a movie with a lot of pretty sunsets and an awful lot of jackets. I dug it.

Also some dude was smoking pot in the theater.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Fuuuuuck no. If i'm doing a thing where I'm talking about comics I want it to be about comics I enjoy.

Hey Niel let's turn Dickeye Before E into a comics podcast where we occasionally discuss wrestling, and also one that is recorded ever.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Swagger Dagger posted:

It costs a lot more money so it must be better, right?

It was mostly a timing issue. It was that or seeing the thing at midnight. Now I'm at home trying not to vomit.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hey Niel let's turn Dickeye Before E into a comics podcast where we occasionally discuss wrestling, and also one that is recorded ever.

I'm pretty sure it's already that first thing.

Anyway, I'm about 10 minutes into In A World... and it just struck me that it would make a good double feature with Berberian Sound Studio.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

Anyway, I'm about 10 minutes into In A World... and it just struck me that it would make a good double feature with Berberian Sound Studio.

Not really actually.

Also stop posting and watch the drat movie :argh:

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

I saw Berberian Sound Studio on a double bill with Suspiria. THAT was a good double feature.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

TrixRabbi posted:

I saw Berberian Sound Studio on a double bill with Suspiria. THAT was a good double feature.

I was there too. poo poo was real good.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hey, people who live in New York, why does it seem like there are beautiful women on literally every block of your fine city? I swear to god, Chicago isn't like this.

Because New York City is where beautiful women aspire to be, obviously. Same deal with LA.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Because New York City is where beautiful women aspire to be, obviously. Same deal with LA.

Yeah, pretty much. Not many beautiful women dream of someday moving out to Chicago to live out their dreams.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I almost had a double feature of The Double and 22 Jump Street today but it didn't work out because of a subway closure.

The Double was awesome though so that made up for it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Go to SoHo sometime, drat near every woman you see either looks like a model or is dressed like one.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Not many beautiful women dream of someday moving out to Chicago to live out their dreams.

They move here when their dreams inevitably fail in LA/NY

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I live in Massachusetts where nobody is happy.

It's dope.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
But I thought you guys had gay marriage?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That is a reference to the double meaning of the word gay. I'm not implying homosexual marriage is inherently happy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Behold the greatest Doctor Doom costume ever made:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Discount Viscount posted:

I've never seen Blade Runner.

But now I have it courtesy of the library.

Anyway I'll be someone who saw Prometheus before Blade Runner, and that seems wrong somehow. Not that I care much because I liked Prometheus. Just kinda weird.

Hope you got the final cut.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Noxville posted:

Well fair play to the guy, there's nothing strange about a 17-year-old getting together with a 20-year-old unless you run in a backwards country ran by puritanical idiots.

Well yeah, we're from America.

SRM posted:

I'm 23 and I can't relate to people under 21. It's weird how just like 1-2 years puts people at totally different places in their lives.

It's probably just because you're a goony goon.

Fuuuuuck no. If i'm doing a thing where I'm talking about comics I want it to be about comics I enjoy.

I've recorded about a dozen episodes of a podcast where me and a friend or two discuss episodes of RL Stine's the Haunting Hour and no one's ever heard it because my friend has yet to edit or do anything with them.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

LesterGroans posted:

Yo, anyone who has the ability to see Calvary and hasn't is sleeping on a fantastic film.

I don't think I'll see a better film this year. It's so goddamn good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

SRM posted:

Just got back from Transformers 4; I'm glad it came out now instead of in 2002 because then it would probably have been called Transf4mers. I won't clutter up this thread with much more talk about it, but that's a movie with a lot of pretty sunsets and an awful lot of jackets. I dug it.

The fact that it's not called Trans4mers is only acceptable because there's still a chance the next one (!) will be called Trans5mers.

• Locked thread