Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Anne Whateley posted:

Skyn is my favorite too (there's definitely a difference), but buying them in the drugstore/etc. is way pricier than normal condoms. Buy them online at condomdepot.com.

Thirding Skyn. Before my snip we tried a ton of different brands/types but we always came back to whatever the thinner Skyn ones are called. They are pretty sweet but yeah order them online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

MyStereoHasMono posted:

She's not on any birth control. She also said she hasn't experienced irregular bleeding other than when we had sex, but that there was light bleeding for a day or two after.

Seeing a doctor to be safe is always a good idea, but in my own experience occasionally getting some spotting/bleeding after sex happens sometimes. Could be a tear or it could be that you're hitting her in the cervix at some point or just everything is getting jostled around in general. I think sometimes it also depends on where I am in my cycle. If it's getting close to my period (like a week or less) it tends to happen a lot.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Skutter posted:

Also more lube chat: Get a fancy hand soap dispenser and put your lube in it. It makes getting the lube out so much easier (pump rather than fumbling with a cap), and it is oh so classy.

This. One of the things that drives me up the wall with Pjur is (at least on the bottle I have) they used a fairly fine thread pitch on the cap that requires six or seven turns to tighten. Middle of the act isn't the time to be fumbling with a cap, and if you don't put it back on you're guaranteed to knock the bottle over and ruin a set of sheets.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
My Sliquid comes in thing with a top like a shampoo bottle, push down and the opening pops up. It's not as good as a pump but it's good enough for me.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 28, 2014

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

neongrey posted:

My Sliquid comes in thing with a top like a shampoo bottle, push down and the opening pops up. It's not as good as a pump but it's good enough for me.

Yes but you can buy a pump dispenser that matches your bedroom decor. Your lube dispenser should always accent the paint color. :eng101:

Also thanks Anne and AcE for the Condom Depot suggestion. I saw it mentioned in the previous thread, but never gave it any thought. I will definitely check it out though, thanks!

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Vaginas are made to fit a baby through. Even if you had a monster dick you're probably not going to cause tearing.

Vaginas are made to fit a baby through after being prepared by hormones for nine months and then many hours of gradual labour. I've fit a baby through my vagina and both before and after I regularly got/get small tears from certain positions. Apparently I just have very fussy skin in that one place.

Not saying that that's the cause here, but the fact that vaginas can fit babies through them doesn't make them impervious to small tears from regular sex.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yeah, if you're getting post-sex blood and everything checks out fine at the GYN, just use more lube. Natural lubrication can run short for lots of reasons, from meds to dietary changes to being less hydrated, even when you're maximally turned on. "Make sure she's turned on" might not be the best answer if she's turned on but getting dry. Lube lube lube lube.

Going back a ways, KelJu, I'm sorry I assumed and made an rear end of me (but not you)!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Fair enough. Still, I think they should ease off until she visits a doctor.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
He said that it hurts her when he first enters so I don't think he's knocking anything loose. My boyfriend has knocked some leftover blood loose before and it doesn't hurt, and it generally didn't get moving immediately with penetration. I'd think maybe some tearing or hitting the cervix, both of those suck rear end but I can't remember if blood came with the cervix.

As for the anal-condom chat, I know I don't need the condom, but I'm pretty neurotic about bacteria (I don't care if it's good or bad bacteria, there's still poop coming from there.) Plus it's gross, so there's that.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

CeramicPig posted:

He said that it hurts her when he first enters so I don't think he's knocking anything loose. My boyfriend has knocked some leftover blood loose before and it doesn't hurt, and it generally didn't get moving immediately with penetration. I'd think maybe some tearing or hitting the cervix, both of those suck rear end but I can't remember if blood came with the cervix.

As for the anal-condom chat, I know I don't need the condom, but I'm pretty neurotic about bacteria (I don't care if it's good or bad bacteria, there's still poop coming from there.) Plus it's gross, so there's that.

It's not so much "leftover blood" as it is just uterine lining which is present all month long. So you can get bleeding anytime if you knock things around enough.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
True, it happens to me most commonly right after a cycle since the lining is already heavy and trying to escape so I guess I just ran with the association.

KelJu
Jul 18, 2004
IT WAS A MISCLICK

AlbieQuirky posted:

Going back a ways, KelJu, I'm sorry I assumed and made an rear end of me (but not you)!

Lol, not a big deal. I wasn't offended.

sweetbeets
May 9, 2014

MyStereoHasMono posted:

I know the best answer is to see a doctor, which she already has an appointment for, but it's several weeks away still so was hoping for some insight in the meantime.

Recently my girlfriend has been bleeding from penetrative sex. The first time we had sex I noticed some brown... something on the pillow that was under her, but didn't really know what it was and didn't want to embarrass her by bringing it up since I didn't think it was a big deal, maybe she'd just finished her period recently, or something.

Recently, however, there's been red blood shortly after we begin having sex. She understandably freaked out after the first time, we waited a couple weeks, then we tried again with the same result.

She's very short and small (like 5'1 - not sure if this could play a part) and despite her always being wet when we begin she always experiences some discomfort or pain when I first enter her. I almost always go down on her and get her off at least once before we even begin having sex so I'm pretty confident it's not a matter of arousal.

Most of this information leads me to believe she's getting some type of small tear or something, but she said she's never experienced this before. My dick is pretty decent sized but not some huge 8 incher or anything, so I don't know if I buy that the reason she hasn't experienced before is that my dick is that much bigger than anyone else shes had sex with.

Even if it is a matter of tearing, how can this be avoided if she's already turned on and wet? Use lube on top of it? Gently finger her first? And does anyone have any experience with this and have any other ideas what could be the cause?

This was me for about a year. I had never had sex and when we first started having sex it was great. After the first 4 or 5 times though I started going through exactly what you describe your girlfriend going through. We would wait between sex and it never seemed to get better. I made a doctors appointment and when I was finally able to see him he refused to refer me to a GYN and told me I likely wasn't wet enough and to take Tylenol before sex. To that I told him he was an idiot and left his practise.
Eventually I discovered that my chronic struggle with candida and yeast infections (which are not always the obvious and disgusting types of infections that we are taught) was more than likely the cause. Once I got that more or less under control and started eating more preventatively the pain decreased significantly. We also found using a lot of extra lube helped a lot.
It still happens occasionally and I have tracked it to my diet, it happens more so when I'm eating a lot of sugar and carbs and I think there's some candida activity happening and/or some bacterial vaginosis going on. If it does occur I just watch what I'm eating and tale extra greens and stress supplements (it also occurs occasionally during periods of stress/mild depression).
That's just my experience. Hopefully you/she can tale something away from it.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Has anyone used dating/hookup sites much? I'm in a new city and don't really know anyone yet, and was wondering about trying them out.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Has anyone used dating/hookup sites much? I'm in a new city and don't really know anyone yet, and was wondering about trying them out.

Check out the "Are dating sites halfway decent now?" thread in e/n. It does have a bad rating, but the last ~40 pages have somewhat useful discussions about okcupid and Tinder. You could try posting your questions in there, get help with setting up a decent profile, etc. You can also try Meetup.com if you're looking for non-sexy time friends. It's a great way to meet people and find places in your new area, without the added dread of a first date.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Are you male and gay? Grindr is really, really easy to get hookups with.

Are you female? You may have good luck with Tinder. If you're male, it's just ok though.

Otherwise, OkCupid is your #1 best bet. It will take time and it's not easy. You need to have a really nice profile, answer a bunch of the questions, and don't be an annoying douche when you message girls (if you're a guy). If you're a girl, you'll have to weed the decent guys from a tidal wave of shitheads.

Personally, I'm a straight guy, and over the years I've meet 90% of my hookups, friends with benefits, and dates (including my wife) through OkCupid. I highly recommend it, but don't expect immediate magical results.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

I'm a straight guy, so sounds like OkCupid is what I should try out. I'm mostly looking for hookups or possibly friends with benefits, a full on relationship is more than I want right now. I'll check out Meetup too, since some nonsexual friends would also be good to have.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well, you CAN find plenty of hookups and FWBs through OkCupid (I did), but you have to make sure you're up-front about your intentions without being sexually aggressive. And it will take a while. It took me over a year before I got any girl to respond to me on OkCupid - most of that was me, I had a self-degrading, trying-too-hard profile and I was sending form letters to girls instead of actually engaging them in conversation.

There's no magic bullet - just go in 100% being ok with being friends (not just pretending - you have to honestly want to meet girls as platonic friends as well) while still being upfront. I have a number of lifelong friends I met through OkCupid where I very early on in the conversation mentioned I'm mainly interested in casual sex from OkCupid - they responded "Oh, I'm not, but thank you for being honest." And then - gasp - we kept talking because we liked each other.

Have fun, natural conversations, enjoy meeting people, and sometimes it'll result in FWBs or hookups. That's the long and short of it.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If you message a girl on OKcupid, don't just say "Hi" or "Hi, how're you tonight?" or "Hey sexy, what's up ;)" because they get a million of those, and they pretty much go nowhere. Mention something from her profile, make it obvious you read it. Put in a bit more than the minimum amount of effort.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

This thread seems a lot more positive about all this than the dating thread. Guess it deserves its place in EN.

Rotten Red Rod, how were you trying too hard with your profile? Going in open to whatever and actually being interested in them as people doesn't make it sound that hard.

Since this is the sex thread, was the sex in any way better/worse/different from just hooking up with people offline?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Having slept with someone I met online, it's pretty much the same as offline sex once you get used to the network cable up your rear end.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
How do I massage my prostate? When should I do it, before, during? I've heard you can get intense orgasms and that's something I'd love to try. It's also something I want to ask my GF but maybe after I figure out HOW.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm going to ignore your hilarious username/post combo and just answer your question.

I think if it's your first time you should just get something small and just go for it. Slide it on up there, use some lube if you need to and just sort of wiggle it around until you find something that feels pretty pleasant. If you're sitting down, poke it sort of upward, towards your junk. I'm sure you can look up a medical diagram and learn exactly where the prostate is but I say just go for it and see what works for you. Some guys can climax solely from prostate stimulation but in my case it's not that dramatic. It's just a nice treat sometimes. You can do it while you're jerkin' it and it makes the whole experience a bit more intense. I've never tried to like, hold something up there and have sex at the same time. That seems like a more advanced maneuver.

As far as what to use I got my start when I was a teenager jerkin' it to Cinemax with a Sharpie marker. I wouldn't recommend that to anybody now but something of that diameter would probably be a good start.

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

Is there a limit on how long you can use one condom? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I usually can't come when i'm having vaginal sex drunk so I have ended up using the same one for hours and i'm worried about it breaking or something.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Araenna posted:

If you message a girl on OKcupid, don't just say "Hi" or "Hi, how're you tonight?" or "Hey sexy, what's up ;)" because they get a million of those, and they pretty much go nowhere. Mention something from her profile, make it obvious you read it. Put in a bit more than the minimum amount of effort.
Generally, yeah... But that can backfire too. For a long time, my process was to scour over a girl's profile for something I could comment on, then insert a comment about that thing into a form letter. Didn't work, at all.

Even now, sometimes I comment on something in her profile, it goes back and forth a bit, and then fizzles when I try to move to other topics because she wasn't really interested in talking about anything but that topic. I just shrug and move on when that happens.

Now, honestly? I usually just send a message with something like "You seem really awesome and similar to me. Let me know if you want to chat." And it actually works, because I send it to girls I actually DO think are awesome and that actually ARE similar to me. If I can organically relate something in their profile (as in, I actually want to talk about it, not that I'm trying to insert it), I do.

This thread seems a lot more positive about all this than the dating thread. Guess it deserves its place in EN.

Rotten Red Rod, how were you trying too hard with your profile? Going in open to whatever and actually being interested in them as people doesn't make it sound that hard.

It's kind of hard to explain. It's like, you want your profile to make you sound good, but not bragging. You should show a sense of humor and not take yourself seriously, without being self-degrading. While you should list a bunch of your interests and favorite movies/books, it should be a lot more than that - go into your own personal life philosophies and talk about the point in your life that you're at.

This is the one part that's inorganic. You want to work a LOT on your profile, but it should sound like you naturally wrote it in a few minutes. Keep updating and changing it so it sounds better, it's always a work-in-progress.

quote:

Since this is the sex thread, was the sex in any way better/worse/different from just hooking up with people offline?

Not really sure how to answer this... Sex is sex. Plus, as I said, about 90% of girls I've been with have been through OkCupid, so honestly, I've never really hooked up with anyone offline. I met a few girls I actually dated through friends, but otherwise it's been online. Some people go to bars, I go to OkCupid. It's just another tool, as far as I'm concerned.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Apple2o posted:

Is there a limit on how long you can use one condom? I know it sounds like a dumb question but I usually can't come when i'm having vaginal sex drunk so I have ended up using the same one for hours and i'm worried about it breaking or something.

A half hour max is what they're tested for, and what the "perfect use" statistics are calculated with. So if it's your only contraception, that's something to keep in mind.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Travis343 posted:

I'm going to ignore your hilarious username/post combo and just answer your question.

I think if it's your first time you should just get something small and just go for it. Slide it on up there, use some lube if you need to and just sort of wiggle it around until you find something that feels pretty pleasant. If you're sitting down, poke it sort of upward, towards your junk. I'm sure you can look up a medical diagram and learn exactly where the prostate is but I say just go for it and see what works for you. Some guys can climax solely from prostate stimulation but in my case it's not that dramatic. It's just a nice treat sometimes. You can do it while you're jerkin' it and it makes the whole experience a bit more intense. I've never tried to like, hold something up there and have sex at the same time. That seems like a more advanced maneuver.

As far as what to use I got my start when I was a teenager jerkin' it to Cinemax with a Sharpie marker. I wouldn't recommend that to anybody now but something of that diameter would probably be a good start.
Thanks, I will let you know if I find anything suspicious.

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.
Suspicious Lump:

If you're using an object, use one with a flared base. Preferably one designed for the purpose of going in your butt, with a condom on it, and also its made of a non-porous substance like pure silicone, hard plastic, pyrex glass or stainless steel.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

loki k zen posted:

Suspicious Lump:

If you're using an object, use one with a flared base. Preferably one designed for the purpose of going in your butt, with a condom on it, and also its made of a non-porous substance like pure silicone, hard plastic, pyrex glass or stainless steel.

Pfft. Safety be damned, tradition demands the first object up ones anus should be a pen.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

As long as it's one of those long rear end novelty pens because you gots to make sure you can get that out with minimal effort.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

90's kids used a CD spindle. Comes with a flared base!

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

loki k zen posted:

Suspicious Lump:

I'd go so far as to say: for god's sake, do not use anything that was not designed for the purpose. If you use something without a flared base, you run the risk of it getting lost up there (see loki's link, it happens alarmingly often), but if you use something not built for purpose you risk it breaking. There are gifs out there of people shoving glass stuff up their butts and it shattering. If it's anything that can crack or splinter, don't put it anywhere near your tuchus. Err on the side of caution.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Hydrolith posted:

I'd go so far as to say: for god's sake, do not use anything that was not designed for the purpose. If you use something without a flared base, you run the risk of it getting lost up there (see loki's link, it happens alarmingly often), but if you use something not built for purpose you risk it breaking. There are gifs out there of people shoving glass stuff up their butts and it shattering. If it's anything that can crack or splinter, don't put it anywhere near your tuchus. Err on the side of caution.
I work in a hospital (in pathology) and I know a few of the ED (ER) girls. Yeah I won't be putting anything apart from my finger or a butt plug in my butt.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Holy poo poo I forgot how awkward sex with someone who's a virgin is. An hour + of foreplay, and it was still difficult to get it in (and yes, she was very wet), and I'm not exactly big or anything. I must have done something right though, cause she's planning on "coming over tomorrow so I can jump you" :3:

Someone please remind me it gets better. Also any tips for teaching / helping someone learn would be appreciated, I've honestly never been with anyone without any experience, this is new and slightly scary grounds for me. I don't want to screw it up basically :ohdear:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

TrueChaos posted:

Holy poo poo I forgot how awkward sex with someone who's a virgin is. An hour + of foreplay, and it was still difficult to get it in (and yes, she was very wet), and I'm not exactly big or anything. I must have done something right though, cause she's planning on "coming over tomorrow so I can jump you" :3:

Someone please remind me it gets better. Also any tips for teaching / helping someone learn would be appreciated, I've honestly never been with anyone without any experience, this is new and slightly scary grounds for me. I don't want to screw it up basically :ohdear:

Be gentle. Watch for signs that she is uncomfortable with what you are currently doing carefully. If she doesn't know what she likes then try poo poo out to see what works.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

If the difficulty continues she may want to see a doctor. A previous partner of mine had a really shallow pelvis (I think, not %100 sure that was it), and it made vaginal sex for her difficult. She would be fine during, but afterword when she came down it would hurt. I am also average in size, and we always had to take it slow when getting going too.
If she does turn out to have some problem like that, I recommend trying anal, its not for everybody, but if she's into it then that gives you a much easier option.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

TrueChaos posted:

Most likely she'll pick things up pretty quickly and it won't be awkward for long. I remember in my case after a few weeks it wasn't a problem. Keep in mind that not only is she a virgin but she's also a new sex partner in general (experienced or not) and that's always a little awkward until you figure each other out sexually.

Then sometimes you'll both still have moments because you're human. :v: If I were you I'd just try to enjoy it and try not to get too hung up on experience levels. You can be a total novice and still good in bed and an experienced person can still be downright terrible. It's more about the individual than some RPG-esque XP thing.

Edit: Or I guess to actually give advice: just try things out with her and have fun. It can be fun for you two to discover what turns her on together and get more creative as you both get more comfortable as partners. And it's not an absolute must for everyone, but of course it's good to have lube around.

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 16, 2014

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

TrueChaos posted:

It never hurts (heh) to use lube, no matter how wet or aroused she is.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Suspicious Lump posted:

How do I massage my prostate? When should I do it, before, during? I've heard you can get intense orgasms and that's something I'd love to try. It's also something I want to ask my GF but maybe after I figure out HOW.

There are prostate massagers or butt plugs that do this like the Njoy pure plug which is recommended around here. You basically just insert the plug and leave it while you do whatever else like sex or masturbate. If you are open to it I think a dildo such as the Tantus acute is more stimulating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loki k zen
Nov 12, 2011

Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.

TrueChaos posted:

You can be super aroused but also nervous because it's your first time, and this causes muscle tightness that's gonna make it a squeeze regardless of lubrication.

Incorporating more penetration/fingering into the foreplay will probably help, but while the medical problems some people mentioned exist, it's also likely to be a problem that resolves itself with time and experience.

Plus for TMI I often have trouble getting it in the first few times with my current partner, and while he would never view himself as 'big', he hasn't seen a whole lot of cocks and therefore didn't realize that he's actually pretty big in terms of circumference rather than length. So that could be a thing too, especially if you find standard-size condoms really quite uncomfortable.

Sounds like you're doing everything right though tbh.