Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow. Ryan Hart falls to losers too. So many upsets already...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
DID YOU KNOW?

Tier lists do not factor in individual player skill.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

LogicNinja posted:

DID YOU KNOW?

Tier lists do not factor in individual player skill.

actually picking your character is a player decision so yes it is a factor of skill

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

actually picking your character is a player decision so yes it is a factor of skill

I'm top tier at picking top tier characters.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
Momochi's Juri was pretty much King of Fighter's Kim in HD mode there.

TIMER PLEASE!

ToiletDuckie fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 29, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
oh my loving god that just happened

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

AnonSpore posted:

oh my loving god that just happened

i literally screamed in my computer room

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Hahahahahaha lil evil

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Everybody go home, tournament's peaked.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah ex tatsu doesn't work with U2 lol way to know your character.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
that was a great pity

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Nishikin just got fukken Smuggled

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I could watch Smug play all day. His Dudley is so fluid.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Can I just say that I love UltraChen as a casting team? They do great analysis and play-by-play, they are capable of getting excited without screeching into their microphones, and they are always all about what's actually going on in the tournament. They don't spend an entire match talking about themselves or arrange money matches or broken-record catch phrases or anything that every other FG caster seems addicted to. It's so refreshing.

And yeah, Smug is really a joy to watch most of the time.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006
Hakan top tier.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Che Delilas posted:

Can I just say that I love UltraChen as a casting team? They do great analysis and play-by-play, they are capable of getting excited without screeching into their microphones, and they are always all about what's actually going on in the tournament. They don't spend an entire match talking about themselves or arrange money matches or broken-record catch phrases or anything that every other FG caster seems addicted to. It's so refreshing.

And yeah, Smug is really a joy to watch most of the time.

ultrachen is only good by comparison, they are actually really clueless about high level play lol

i mean i give every person the benefit of the doubt in the heat of a match because projecting decision making is pretty much impossible (unless you're jwong), but when they talk about actual stuff jchen just sort of says stuff that doesnt make any sense 99% of the time. they are good at being bland and carry themselves pretty professionally though which is something a lot of people dont put a lot of weight into as a caster. personally they are what you ideally want in a filler caster or someone who doesnt necessarily talk about technical aspects of the game, but get excited and talk to players about stuff.

also james still cant call stuff like they've been called for like 20 years. input codes.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 29, 2014

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

but when they talk about actual stuff jchen just sort of says stuff that doesnt make any sense 99% of the time.

I'm watching a "Winner go home" match as we speak according to Chen.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

At least James has gotten better about going off on really weird tangents nobody cares about regarding fg minutia while hype poo poo happens on the screen.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I am confused about what they were just sayin, is there more Ultra tonight? "Royal Rumble" of some sort? And on which stream?

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

cams posted:

I am confused about what they were just sayin, is there more Ultra tonight? "Royal Rumble" of some sort? And on which stream?

I think they were saying some side event would be on ceogaming later, but I think ceogaming is behind since Blazblue is still on and KI was expected to start at 8PM (2 hours ago). So there might be some Ultra at... 1AM?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
They were saying it'll be on https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

Right now apple is in grand finals of BBCP so watch him win (hopefully)

edit: Chen just tweeted that the Rumble is canceled. Apparently it was going to be an edition select exhibition

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 29, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I don't follow BlazBlue, is Kokonoe as stupidly broken as she looks?

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

Suspicious Cook posted:

She used to be worse.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Suspicious Cook posted:

My limited understanding is that in the original patch she was nigh-broken and in this patch she's "just" very good.

For context, in the ~20 games of BlazBlue I've randomly seen on tourney streams I have never seem a Top 4 without a Kokonoe. I'm vaguely sure I haven't seen a grand finals without a Kokonoe?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

iPodschun posted:

CEO stream schedule

KOF top 3 is on https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming with Spanglish commentary courtesy of Romance and nothingxs (goon!).

Is this EST? So fuckin injustice finals are 7am on the west coast?

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

a cop posted:

Is this EST? So fuckin injustice finals are 7am on the west coast?

They moved it by two hours because they've gone through enough stuff quickly.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/483067824299315200

Edit - God damnit, I fail at time zones, so used to going to MTN from EST =(

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

kender posted:

They moved it by two hours because they've gone through enough stuff quickly.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/483067824299315200

Edit - God damnit, I fail at time zones, so used to going to MTN from EST =(

Huh? That just says they switched it to 3 out of 5, but it's still at 10am EST right?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Is the royal rumble tourney going to be on stream? Which channel? I don't see it on the CEO schedule.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mantle posted:

Is the royal rumble tourney going to be on stream? Which channel? I don't see it on the CEO schedule.

http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

It's KI right now though, are they going to switch games ever? I know they were doing Ultra King of the Ring last night.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

According to James Chen the rumble is canceled because of time constraints.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

According to James Chen the rumble is canceled because of time constraints.
gently caress killer instinct

Toasta
Jan 18, 2006
All shall fade to black.
Wow KI was supposed to start at 8 PM. What took so long and delayed it?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

cams posted:

gently caress killer instinct

Toasta posted:

Wasn't BlazBlue scheduled before it? How many people entered? How many were watching the stream?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I've never enjoyed watching KI but this is some pretty good poo poo. Lots of super close games / comebacks. Plus that one guy who does a 30 second combo after he wins.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
It's fun to watch but max is painful to listen to and constantly wrong.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

http://www.twitch.tv/sfotv

Watch some rather decent british gents play SF4, inluding the terribly named but very skilled 'White Daigo'

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Injustice starting on https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

Schedule for CEO's stream is Injustice, Project M, Melee, then Marvel.
https://www.twitch.tv/funkyp has Marvel top 16 -> 8 around 11AM Eastern
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters around 6PM Eastern or whenever Marvel ends for the end of Ultra

Toasta posted:

Tournaments don't run on time unless Keits is the organizer.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Couldn't tell if this IJ stream was rear end or if my eyes were just bleary from waking up. Looks like the former.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's definitely the CEOGaming stream. Funkyp's stream last night was way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Marvel top 32 is on.

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp