Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

Fucknag posted:

Antifreeze you can actually just dump down the drain, as it gets broken down at the water treatment plant.

This depends entirely upon where you live/your water treatment center. I know that in my city, they frown upon dumping it down a drain/toilet. They sure do make it easy and convenient though with 1 hazardous waste disposal place that's 45 minutes clear across town.

Mine generally goes down the driveway and into a huge concrete drainage ditch that feeds the man-made lake in the middle of the neighborhood. Considering how high the HOA fees are and how they give no shits about re-stocking it with fish like they said they would for the past 3 years, I don't really care that it's where it ends up because I honestly don't do much coolant system work and gently caress that lake with the stupid loving fountain in it that they also haven't fixed.

Basically what I'm saying is HOAs are loving worthless for anything but taking your money and complaining about every little god drat thing, while doing nothing with the money you send them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Phone posted:

Apparently the weather is cooperating this weekend. Got some sweet shots riding my bicycle around the track. Gonna rock.

I want to say VIR because the bridge and corners look familiar. Either way have fun.

I picked up Kerbal Space Program on the steam sale the other day, decided to give it a shot. Next thing I know it's 2AM...I started at 8pm planning on playing a bit then getting a late dinner and hitting a bar or two. Oh well.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn what a lovely day at work. Too many drivers, not enough business. Then once the closing manager took over the till (after counting it), he gave myself and another driver access - that way we don't have to find a manager to cash us out on every run, and we can handle carry-out orders. It's normal for the closing driver to have till access, and to handle a lot of dispatch duties. I closed. The other driver with access was the late driver.

.... till came up $100 short, exactly. I know it wasn't me, I know drat well it wasn't the other driver. I ran a till audit, and saw the other driver used that computer exactly once - to reprint a receipt (which doesn't open the drawer). I saw two no-sales under my name; I did one to make change for a waitress, the other was less than a minute later later, and I know drat well I didn't do it - so someone either did it just as I walked off (before it timed out - 15 seconds), or figured out my password (easy enough - the POS requires a 2-5 digit numerical password). I made sure to change my password before I left, at least. Closing manager claims to have seen two $100 bills in there earlier (why the gently caress weren't they dropped?! that drawer is never supposed to have over $100 in it), and only one of them was still there, without a corresponding increase in other bills, at close. I only saw one of them, and made sure to bury it under the checks once I saw it. That was one of the new Monopoly style Benjamins, and that's the one that was still in there at close.

Best part? There's a camera directly over it, aimed at the drawer. The DVR crapped out 6 months ago, and they're too cheap to fix it. :fuckoff: There's probably gonna be some paperwork for all 3 of us (closing mgr, myself, and late driver) over it.

We have a POS station w/cash drawer that we never use at the drive thru (we can enter orders on it, but that's it without it having a till assigned) - I'm going to strongly suggest that we start using it and assign either a head driver (we have 3 - myself and 2 others - head driver basically meaning we often handle dispatch duties and training, and been there long enough to be trusted with store finances, also trusted with management passwords to issue refunds, credits, cash out dine-in tickets, etc) or a CSR to it, and assign one manager to the one we normally use to dispatch. It'll add a lot more accountability, and it'll also mean we have a till at the drive-thru.

Oh yeah, left my window cracked between deliveries with my regular glasses sitting in the car (in an Oakley case, the case I usually keep my sunglasses in). They disappeared, so now I'm down to my sunglasses and a 10 year old pair of prescription glasses. I'm hoping they just rolled under the seat. :ohdear:

[/en]

Fucknag posted:

Antifreeze you can actually just dump down the drain, as it gets broken down at the water treatment plant.

Really depends on the city, as viper pointed out.

SMALL amounts - like a couple of gallons - you're probably safe doing that with, assuming a decent sized city. But many cities - mine included - will pick it up, for free, if you just call them and let them know you'd like them to pick up household chemicals.

This is what my city will accept. For some reason, they don't accept nuclear or medical waste. :stare:

If you're on a septic, don't ever dump coolant down the drain. Don't do it in a small town either. Only do that in a big city, and only via the sewer, not storm drains (storm drains normally drain to a creek). And check with your water utility first. Dallas, for example, says it's perfectly fine to dump up to 3 (5?) gallons at a time into a toilet. Plano says OH HELL NO to even a drop. They're on similar wastewater treatment systems, but Plano is a suburb.

There's also this:

quote:

You will be instructed to place the items in a box marked "HCC" at your collection point by 7:00 a.m., at least 2 feet from your refuse and recycling containers. Each box placed out should weigh no more than 50 pounds. This is a service separate from your regular garbage, recycling, and landscape waste collection.

Never place household chemicals in your refuse or recycling container. They require special handling for recycling and/or disposal.

Collection Limits
To keep your tax dollars working most efficiently and for the safety of our employees, there is a 15-gallon limit to each collection. If your request exceeds that amount, we will schedule a second appointment for the following week.

Items suitable for reuse are placed on the shelves of the Household Chemical Reuse Center. Plano residents are invited to visit the center and obtain chemicals free of charge for home use.
(pickup date is different from normal trash/recycling)

I've made use of this service several times for old paint, antifreeze, and oil. Since my car takes exactly 5 qts, and I buy my oil in 5 qt jugs, I just dump the used oil into the jugs and put them in the box the night before collection.

KozmoNaut posted:

Oh yeah, I think weightlifting or crossfit* is much better than just running, but for someone who just wants to be able to run more, C25K is great.

*At a sensible gym with a sensible trainer doing sensible programs. NOT the crazy-rear end oorah "so badass filthy few no pain no gain" bullshit that everyone rightfully criticizes.

There's a Crossfit next to where I work. I see people running around there that look like they're about to fall over, between the medicine ball on their shoulder and the 95F degree heat. gently caress that.

I'm quite happy with my city rec center membership. They do have trainers available for a (very cheap) fee, but I'm only after cardio right now. Also taken a couple of university level fitness classes, and my doctor and I are both in agreement that working my way into cardio is my best option right now. I'm not trying to build muscle mass yet - I want to get my blood pressure and resting heart rate down, and drop some weight. Once I'm down to a healthy weight, I'll start worrying about muscle.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 28, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Ugh, I had $100 disappear under my name once, but the problem was that once it was dropped at the end of the day there was no accountability from there to the main office...So, no action taken besides me being asked about that day (like I'd remember that specifically) & I'm pretty sure they could deduce who did it but didn't have any proof really.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

There's a chance - a very very slight chance - someone dropped it in the safe. But only a manager is authorized to do that - and a witness has to key in their password to do a drop (in addition to the manager on duty). If it was dropped without a password, then it'll be jammed in the top of the safe, and the safe will be giving an error in the morning about someone opening the drop drawer without authorization (you need an RFID tag + PIN to even look in its general direction, and it shuts most stuff down after 7pm.. except for drops... and you still need to enter the RFID+PIN to open the drop slot - it won't prevent the slot from opening).

The safe is locked after 7pm (it can be opened at 8am), so we couldn't get in there. And the only person who's been loving up on safe drops has been a new asst mgr (the store he came from used a newer version of our point of sale system). He did work today (yesterday now), but when they do a shift change, the over/short is displayed for each till. Once the new shift accepts it, the till resets to whatever was accepted - thus, resetting the over/short to $0 for that drawer.

I've had cash disappear in my name before at a grocery store, but it was the one day I was working with the flu + 102 fever. The only other time anything else happened was when I forgot to hand back debit cash back to a customer - and thankfully for me, every time, the customer called and said "hey uh, I don't think I got my cash back". If they called, it'd be noted, and a gift card (or cash) would be waiting for them, or I'd run it to them on my way home if I was the one to answer the phone. The one time I was short, it was $100. 102 fever + a bottle of Delsym != cash handling skills.

They called me zero hero for a reason. :sigh: They had a progressive points system - if you were off by $4.99 or less, you didn't get points. Off by less than $3, lost points. Lose more if off by $1 or less, and lose a ton of points for zero. You'd gain points if you were off by said amounts; $50 (either at once or cumulative, regardless of direction) was a write up and demotion to cart/bagger for a week.

Everything at the grocery store had 2 signatures though. Cashier + customer service mgr if it was a drop (or loan, basically "I need more coins or singles"). End of day deposit was closing CS mgr + my signature, and would be verified by the opening cash office manager. Cash drawers were also counted down to a set # (I think $400? $75ish worth of coins, the rest small bills), signed off by cashier and mgr, signed off again by opening cash office manager, and then re-counted by the next person to take the till (and if THAT didn't add up, the opening CS manager counted it - if it still didn't add up, cash office manager got some paperwork, as did the last mgr to count the drawer).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 28, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
drat I just bit my tongue really hard. This is gonna smart.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

mafoose posted:

I don't get it... Don't you put your phone on silent when you sleep? If you're worried about people getting ahold of you, there's plenty of apps with time based incoming call whitelists, and even logic like 2 calls from the same number in X minutes will cause it to ring.

I have to be able to answer my phone, I was on call with work that night. And I don't think I can do any fancy apps on my phone cause it's an iPhone.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

trouser chili posted:

I have to be able to answer my phone, I was on call with work that night. And I don't think I can do any fancy apps on my phone cause it's an iPhone.

I use a burner android phone and RingPlus for my craigslist stuff... separate your "real" information from dirty craigslist people as much as you possibly can.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Driving down south to go to Goodwood tomorrow with my little lad and it's a toss-up as to who's more excited. Break for lunch at the services on the m25.

His imagination is also awesome, he wants to own or build a bmw monster-truck fire-engine lawnmower that flies when he's older.

Anyone handy with Photoshop?

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Cakefool posted:

Anyone handy with Photoshop?

Having a quick go now for you!

Ok so this is weird!
http://imgur.com/JGD31lP

thegasman2000 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 28, 2014

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

trouser chili posted:

Can you set the default ringer to silent and then set work to your usual ring? Might be a bit of a pain in the rear end if you do it frequently but it will prevent late night craigslist shenanigans.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

trouser chili posted:

iOS 7 has it built in!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CountOfNowhere posted:

iOS 7 has it built in!

Hmm not bad iOS, not bad. I miss this feature on my old phone since I haven't rooted it yet. I'll find something when I get back to the US because I'm sick of the flashing light, email/text alerts and phone calls that aren't important. Can't silence or turn it off because I'm in the same boat as trouser chili, on-call at least every other week if not constantly.

Trouser chili I never paid attention to your username until now...descriptive.

Also just ate at an Irish Pub called "The Irish Pub", they speak english! It's amazing how nice it is to hear normal clear english after a few weeks over here. VW Museum tomorrow!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Apparently, Taylor Momsen has a band and it certainly isn't what I was expecting. What a world we live in, where the little girl from How The Grinch Stole Christmas is an opening act for Marylin Manson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtbg5b7_Aw

I know it's not the most groundbreaking poo poo out there, and the director of the video needs to be shot, but it's not half bad for what it is. And she's got the voice for it, if they can turn down the generic-ness a bit, I think they've got something.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 28, 2014

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

thegasman2000 posted:

Having a quick go now for you!

Ok so this is weird!
http://imgur.com/JGD31lP

Thanks! He loves it!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The Subaru salesman I was dealing with is out for the week and I've been trying to get a hold of the sales manager. I called him twice yesterday but I don't think he's going to be calling me back today.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Don't fukken pass me, THIS IS MY HOUSE. MY. HOUSE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vRnFTTitKk

Dude was fine. I told him I had video and that I'd sell it to him for $50, delete it for $100.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Are you talking about that BMW that crashed at 1:07?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah. According to the guy in the silver E46 M3, the white E36 was getting more erratic as the session went on and he dropped a wheel at the top of the hill. When you crest the hill, it gets a bit squirrely; however, it's completely manageable.

Phone fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 29, 2014

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

Are you talking about that BMW that crashed at 1:07?

Seriously....don't bury the lede. Track day videos are nice and all but I had little to no idea what the gently caress you were talking about. Looked like a regular track day to me. People wipe sometimes. It wasn't even on camera.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

goatse guy posted:

I'm unemployed again, and I've been amazingly productive in my job hunt without the forums to waste time on.

I realized that call center work isn't for me. It took me less than three days to start contemplating suicide. I've got an interview for a service advisor position tomorrow, but I'm worried that being young and female is going to work against me because people won't take me seriously.

My manager is a woman, and started being a service writer/advisor whatever you wanna call it. Just trust the mechanics. She doesn't and it fucks her a lot. Also if you don't know please don't act like you do just to get a sale. Dealerchat over

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Phone posted:

Don't fukken pass me, THIS IS MY HOUSE. MY. HOUSE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vRnFTTitKk

Dude was fine. I told him I had video and that I'd sell it to him for $50, delete it for $100.

What car are you driving?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

SouthsideSaint posted:

My manager is a woman, and started being a service writer/advisor whatever you wanna call it. Just trust the mechanics. She doesn't and it fucks her a lot. Also if you don't know please don't act like you do just to get a sale. Dealerchat over

Thanks for the advice. The interview went extremely well and I have round two of interviews on Monday. I don't feel as intimidated now because the service manager is female and so are half of their service advisors.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PaintVagrant posted:

Miata~~ (it's me, i'm the pov)

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

PaintVagrant posted:

Looks like the car in his av, a first gen Miata, with a Mazda 3 shift knob :P
edit: yeah I'm slow.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Great Beer posted:

Can you set the default ringer to silent and then set work to your usual ring? Might be a bit of a pain in the rear end if you do it frequently but it will prevent late night craigslist shenanigans.

Work don't call me from a set number.

Good news! I sold the 76 Nova to "Crazy" Teremus (pronounce ty-remus). He was stoked, and possibly drunk or on drugs. I'm not sure. He said he rode the bus to someplace nearby and bought some cologne, vodka, and beer at Walgreens before he came here. Whatever, he showed up all sweaty and also blathering on about his Prada sunglassess to my wife while apologizing for some reason I'm not sure. He then shoved money in my hand, grabbed the keys and tore rear end down the street shouting "NOOO-VAAA!" out the windows. I'm not making GBS threads. Afterwords my wife looked up his name on casenet, it had several pages.

Also, something else AI followed me home. Details to come.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

trouser chili posted:

Ty-remus?!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

trouser chili posted:

I hope it's another Scout!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Phone posted:

Miata~~ (it's me, i'm the pov)

Baller. Looks really planted.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Finally watching 21 Jump Street and can't stop laughing at Ice Cube's line:

"Quit fuckin' with Korean Jesus! He ain't got time for your problems! He's busy with Korean poo poo!"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
God drat is it ever hard to find straight lumber these days. I can't even get a 4x4 that's worthy of being a fencepost.

trouser chili posted:

Good news! I sold the 76 Nova to "Crazy" Teremus (pronounce ty-remus). He was stoked, and possibly drunk or on drugs. I'm not sure. He said he rode the bus to someplace nearby and bought some cologne, vodka, and beer at Walgreens before he came here. Whatever, he showed up all sweaty and also blathering on about his Prada sunglassess to my wife while apologizing for some reason I'm not sure. He then shoved money in my hand, grabbed the keys and tore rear end down the street shouting "NOOO-VAAA!" out the windows. I'm not making GBS threads. Afterwords my wife looked up his name on casenet, it had several pages.

I think you just met the world's only fourth gen Nova enthusiast. If you run into him again, tell him I know where he can get a two-door.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I think you just met the world's only fourth gen Nova enthusiast. If you run into him again, tell him I know where he can get a two-door.

Wrong. I have an unnatural love of Disco Novas, particularly the two doors.

But I really cannot afford another car right now :(

That is maybe the best car sale story I've ever heard.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yeah honestly I almost bought the 2-door I just mentioned. There's another one that's been gutted, tubbed and put on air suspension with no engine or drivetrain in it on Kijiji too. Slung Blade knows how often I look at it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Yeees! Novas for everyone! I think I need to party with Teremus.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeees! Novas for everyone! I think I need to party with Teremus.

I saved his number. Might be handy. It's in my phone as "Crazy Teremus". I wonder if he managed to get out of my neighborhood without getting arrested.

In other news, video is almost finished processing. It's not a Scout. It has eight cylinders, two distributors, and a dizzying number of valves. Oh, and I haven't paid even so much as a dime for it.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 29, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
1997 Cadillac DeVille with a jag swap

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Car and Driver's old CRX2 project, with upgraded engines.

E: 2 stolen ITRs

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm going with an AWD MR2 with 20V motors front and rear.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Meet my latest retarded decision.

It has 32 valves.

Quattro

and early 90's styling

It's a 1991 Audi V8 quattro, and it's complete with UFO brakes, hooray!

Of course they're warped to poo poo. The car otherwise drives quite well, especially considering the 214,000 miles showing.

Oh, and it sounds glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMuj6wl4sk

I can just sit in the driveway and listen to that over and over again. It's really quite a hoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo

• Locked thread