Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

WebDog posted:

There was another mommy blogger who said she once did the same to a stray piece of her child's poo poo when changing. I'm sure there are tons more of mothers smitten to madness.

Lest we forget classics like Juliana Wetmore (still alive and a hit with the fundies) and "Your poison womb is making heaven crowded".

On a darker note, recently there's been Lacey Spears, who had a past of clinically lying about all sorts of past-misdeeds, culminating in a seriously nuts rabbit hole of lies that starts off with an unsettling coveting of someone's kid she was being a nanny to then running off after getting pregnant with the guy next door and beginning her own "tragic mom" story that culminates in her kid dying from a sodium overdose.

There's a five part expose on just what the hell was going on.

This is just so sad and awful. I'm sick from reading this. Maybe it's hosed that I even say this, but I want that woman to get help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Retro Access posted:

Do they somehow think that if their card gets stolen, the culprit is also going to write "check photo ID?"

I really don't get this.

It's so that the cashier will ask to see some ID and make sure names and faces match.

content, brought to you by the letter F******:

quote:

Someone Toad Him Different
Videogame Store | USA | Crazy Requests, Technology, Theme Of The Month

(I work at a well-known game store. The year is 2008.)

Me: “Hello, welcome to [Video Game Store]. How may I help you?”

Customer: “Do you have a copy of Battletoads?”

Me: *trying not to laugh* “No, we do not, sadly.”

Customer: “That sucks.”

(About a week later:)

Me: *on the phone* “Hello. How may I help you today?”

Caller: “Do you have a copy of Battletoads?”

Me: “No, sir, we do not!”

Caller: “It’s been five days. How come?!”

Me: *in shock* “IS THIS THE SAME CUSTOMER?!”

Caller: “Yes! I want my d*** Battletoads for my PS3, dumb-a**!”

Me: *trying not to laugh* “Sir, Battletoads has been out of print for 17 years now. And I doubt it’s on the PS3.”

Caller: “Well, YOU’RE just a d*** MORON?!” *hangs up*

Me: *shrugs*

(A day later, the same customer walks into the store.)

Customer: “HEY, YOU! I WANT MY BATTLETOADS!”

Me: “Sir, WE. DO. NOT. HAVE. BATTLETOADS!”

Customer: “My brother told me you have it. I want it NOW!”

Me: “You’re brother must’ve been mistaken.”

Customer: “I DON’T WANNA HEAR IT! I’M GONNA FIND MY D*** BATTLETOADS IF I’M GONNA HAVE TO DESTROY THIS ENTIRE STORE!”

(The customer then proceeds to go on a rampage through the entire store, knocking over multiple games and destroying several others. We had to call the police to arrest him. An hour later, his brother shows up)

Customer’s Brother: “Hey, my brother told me you guys ripped him off.”

Me: “Eh, you do know he was looking for a game called Battletoads, right?”

Customer’s Brother: “Oh, god. I can’t believe he fell for that. I told him to do that just to get that moron out of my house. I’m so sorry about that.”

Me: “It’s okay.”

Customer’s Brother: “I’m surprised he didn’t even know about that prank anyway.”

(Turns out that asking for ‘Battletoads’ at any video game store is a popular prank done by people to piss off the employees.)

quote:

What Would Jesus Discount?, Part 2
Fast Food, Restaurant | PA, USA | At The Checkout, Bad Behavior, Food & Drink, Religion

(I decide to visit my old work on the off-hours for a quick bite to eat. I am served by a new cashier.)

Cashier: “Okay. That will be $11.89. Press the confirm button to make sure your order is correct.”

(I go to press confirm when this occurs at the same time.)

Cashier: “Do yo—”

Me: “Do you want any sauce with that?”

Cashier: “Uh…”

Me: “Did I just ask you if you wanted sauce?”

Cashier: “Yup. You sound like you’d be fit for this place.”

Me: “I worked the day shift.”

Cashier: “Uh, well. Okay.”

Me: “I need to get out of the food service industry.”

Cashier: “Hey, at least you didn’t scream ‘THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT!’”

(A few minutes pass. Another customer goes to order. She proceeds to yell at the cashier seconds after she finished placing her order. Having several years of bad customers under my belt I was pretty sure I could handle this one, even though I didn’t work there anymore.)

Me: “Pardon me, ma’am. What seems to be the problem?”

Customer: “THIS CASHIER OF YOURS SCREWED UP MY ORDER! I WANT MY FOOD FOR FREE, AS IT’S THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO!”

(I see that this customer has ordered the food via a self-service order screen. The employee just reads the screen and then hands out the order.)

Me: “Ma’am, I find it hard to believe that this cashier managed to screw up an order that is entirely dependent on the customer’s order screen.”

Customer: “Don’t you dare talk back to me! It isn’t the Christian thing to do! God will ha—”

Me: “Pardon me for a second, but I don’t understand you. While I might not be Christian, you claim talking back to you is not Christian. I’m not sure at what point you manage to assume a role higher than God to be able to dictate what is and isn’t ‘Christian.’ In fact just by doing that you are breaking two of the seven deadly sins! I’m sure that isn’t the CHRISTIAN thing to do.”

Customer: “You’ll burn in Hell for this! I’ll make sure of it!”

Me: “But isn’t that conspiring with the D—”

Customer: “F*** YOU!”

(The customer proceeds to run out of the building.)

Cashier: “Wow…”

Me: “The sad part is, she is a regular here and has been pulling that for months. Well, you had your weird customer, and your first ‘Not Always Right.’ I guess its time for your first tip.”

Cashier: “This has been a long night…”

(The cashier and I have been best friends ever since. That was her first day working there. Thankfully, she never saw the lady again.)

quote:

All Manner Of Meat With No Manners
Deli | CT, USA | Bad Behavior, Crazy Requests, Food & Drink, Language & Words, Top, Wild & Unruly

(A customer approaches the deli just as I’m about to shut down the department to clean it. She takes a number and spends the next few minutes looking over the meat selections.)

Me: “How can I help you today?”

Customer: “Uh, yes… I would like half a pound of pastrami, please.”

Me: “Sure thing!”

(I slice her order and hand it to her. She thanks me and looks at the package. Just as she’s about to turn to leave, she looks at the package.)

Customer: “Excuse me! But this isn’t what I f****** ordered you stupid piece of s***!”

Me: “Ma’am, you asked for pastrami and that’s what I cut for you.”

Customer: *scoffs* “Well, that’s not what this is!” *points at the glass case*

Me: “Are you pointing at the pastrami?”

Customer: “Yes, I am, you dumb a**hole! You should be able to f***** see that!”

Me: “Actually, I can’t. One moment.”

(I walk around the counter to where she’s standing.)

Customer: “See, this is what I want.”

Me: *sigh* “Ma’am, that’s not pastrami you’re pointing at. It’s salami. It clearly says it on the wrapping and on the sign under the product.”

Customer: “I know that, you f****** idiot!”

Me: “If you know that, then why did you ask for pastrami? They’re not even close to being the same product. In fact they’re in different color wrapping.”

Customer: “Hey, stop being an a**hole and give me what I want! You’re making this more difficult than it has to be and you’re wasting my time!”

Me: “Sure, hold on. Please be advised that you are the one that placed the wrong order which is prolonging your stay here.”

Customer: “I don’t f****** care! Hurry up and finish my order!”

(I quickly slice her order as the deli is now closed and I want to go home.)

Me: “Here you go, ma’am.”

Customer: “Thank you. Was that so f***** hard?”

Me: “Yes, it was about as hard as reading a sign that says salami and confusing it with pastrami.”

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 21:37 on Jun 28, 2014

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

WebDog posted:

There was another mommy blogger who said she once did the same to a stray piece of her child's poo poo when changing. I'm sure there are tons more of mothers smitten to madness.

Lest we forget classics like Juliana Wetmore (still alive and a hit with the fundies) and "Your poison womb is making heaven crowded".

On a darker note, recently there's been Lacey Spears, who had a past of clinically lying about all sorts of past-misdeeds, culminating in a seriously nuts rabbit hole of lies that starts off with an unsettling coveting of someone's kid she was being a nanny to then running off after getting pregnant with the guy next door and beginning her own "tragic mom" story that culminates in her kid dying from a sodium overdose.

There's a five part expose on just what the hell was going on.

Get Off My Internets is a really good source of mommy blogger STDH nonsense, for anyone who's in need of another internet timesuck.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

WebDog posted:

Yeah that pink headband incident at Wal-Mart was written by Kathleen Carpenter aka "Katie Vyktoriah" and became a bit of a sensation last year.

Despite earning major mom-blog-cred, her story was quickly pulled apart and questioned. Hoping to spin back some sympathy she threatened suicide and got put under psyche evaluation.

She was taking the STDH cake with claims on her blog that included...

No doubt somewhere in all that her original husband left her and laid the tracks for the crazy train to ride on. She's remarried (in Vegas) and is now back on facebook, again posting clickbait about pregnancies and other handy dandy lists, plus carefully commenting about the KFC mauling incident.

Actually, BPD I totally buy from that description.

Metal Gear
Dec 10, 2006

This is SomethingAwful.com

DrBouvenstein posted:

Accidentally asked this in the wrong thread...now I'm asking here:

Weird request, but does anyone remember/have a copy/some link to an internet post (possibly from TVTropes? In one of the "Troper Tales sections?) I read about here a few years ago:

If I remember it right, the guy was trying to be one of those "citizen superhero" types, and described sewing some weights into gloves, like ball bearings or something, to better fight crime. He then said he went patrolling, or something, (possibly in/near a cemetery?) and claimed a wolf ran at him to attack, but he punched it in the face with his new gloves, and that it wouldn't be bothering anyone anymore.

The only thing that comes to mind is Colonel McBadass.

No mention of punching out wolves though.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
There's the "retail revenge" form of stdh and then there's the Lacey Spears brand, the kind that spans years and years; these longform medical lies that the person keeps going and dupe everyone in their lives. There was one from the last thread, maybe, that was hosted on tumblr about a girl who lied to her online and real life friends about having some kind of disease. I remember it all started to unravel when she posted a picture of herself supposedly in a hospital bed with a cat. She claimed they had allowed her to have her cat in hospital with her for some special circumstance, and the friend began to uncover lie after lie after that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Any similar ones you can think of as well? Those are always good reads because the sheer amount of lies that are uncovered eventually is always mind-blowing.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Double Plus Good posted:

There's the "retail revenge" form of stdh and then there's the Lacey Spears brand, the kind that spans years and years; these longform medical lies that the person keeps going and dupe everyone in their lives. There was one from the last thread, maybe, that was hosted on tumblr about a girl who lied to her online and real life friends about having some kind of disease. I remember it all started to unravel when she posted a picture of herself supposedly in a hospital bed with a cat. She claimed they had allowed her to have her cat in hospital with her for some special circumstance, and the friend began to uncover lie after lie after that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Any similar ones you can think of as well? Those are always good reads because the sheer amount of lies that are uncovered eventually is always mind-blowing.

Was that the super crazy girl who also claimed to have AIDS? And had her mom in on the scam? (Well, IIRC the mom claimed she didn't know, but supposedly took the girl to doctor appointments and stuff, soooo.) I think this was the one: http://alaska-says-sun.tumblr.com/

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Getting sick of the retail/food server/cashier stories.

No one ever speaks like these people do with all the "ma'am"s and "sir"s. I'm beginning to imagine the protagonists (if you can call them that) as the same person.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Münchausen by Internet is a unofficial category of mental illness where people compulsively thrive off fictitious or exaggerated ailments and so on. Often it's revealed most symptoms are based purely off pop-culture depictions of things like cancer where characters almost always seem to die heroically and peacefully. They just don't have the understanding of the disease they're supposed to be having so you have people posting during fits or strokes with little loss to their ability.

There's famous cases like in 2001 when Kaycee Nicole died from her fruit salad of health complications after leading the internet on since 1999.
She was a personality created by Kelli Jo Swenson then adopted by her mother Debbie Swenson. In this instance the hoax gets unraveled as people find out nothing seems to have happened in the town where she lived, no obituaries or funerals to attend.

LiveJournal was pretty much the Tumblr of yesterday, to the point where they had dedicated forums setup to investigate the many many claims of "pseuicides". LJ was also the perfect environment as everything was easily controlled and disseminated at will, don't post for a week - you just were in intensive care again!
You also could gain some immunity by people not talking about you out of bereaved respect as you made your escape or a new profile.

It's almost a follow on from inspirational biographies, featuring personalities such as Anthony Godby Johnson, an abused kid who was adopted at age 11 and was then discovered to be an unlikely survivor of AIDS for the past 19 years. He's widely believed to be a hoax given that attempts to track him down have ended at his fiercely adoptive mother, leading many to suspect she's the one perpetrating the elaborate hoax.

The really tragic tipping point is when the deception has to become real, such in the Lacy Spears case. Curiously I've yet to find something notable where the hoaxer is actively making themselves fatally ill, it's usually to a level that isn't remotely fatal - staying up all night to look pale and tired or at worst, self harm.
They're well aware that any active attempts to investigate will screw them over.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Double Plus Good posted:

They let my service dog visit with me in the hospital. She lay on my feet. All the doctors, nurses, and aides on the floor came by to meet her. Most of them left happier than when they came in. No one made her leave until visiting hours were up.

But: She's a service dog with a job (she's my seizure alerter) and trained not to crap everywhere.

Some hospitals and rehab facilities have animals "on staff". My dog's mother was on staff at a nursing home, where it was her job to visit everyone daily and participate in activities. Before anyone asks, they're Standard Poodles, so the dog hair and allergies are a moot point. A few have a cat who visits people, like the one who seemingly predicted which patients were about to die.

This is not the norm at regular hospitals, and no one ever gets to keep their animal for more than a visit.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Double Plus Good posted:

The old STDH thread had a link to Linda Tirado's bullshit.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Weird request, but does anyone remember/have a copy/some link to an internet post (possibly from TVTropes? In one of the "Troper Tales sections?) I read about here a few years ago:

If I remember it right, the guy was trying to be one of those "citizen superhero" types, and described sewing some weights into gloves, like ball bearings or something, to better fight crime. He then said he went patrolling, or something, (possibly in/near a cemetery?) and claimed a wolf ran at him to attack, but he punched it in the face with his new gloves, and that it wouldn't be bothering anyone anymore.

There were a couple of old Weekend Web articles that made fun of amateur superhero forums:
http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/strippers-vampires-superheroes/8/
http://www.somethingawful.com/weekend-web/superheroes-chrstian-teens/1/

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

drat, he REALLY wants to live Final Fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHzaQeVVrBQ

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
I've always gotten a chuckle from Michael Guglielmucci.
A Hillsong Church pastor (mega church that pumps out tons of Christian music albums). Guglielmucci announced to the faithful that he had cancer, resulting in tons of outpouring and and resulting in a song he wrote becoming a hit amongst the following.

And he went the whole mile, forcing himself to vomit and loosing hair that his wife fell for it and quit her job to look after him. He often appeared in concert like this.

Later he shaved off his hair.

But even before then he'd been floating around churches miraculously being healed via faith of:

Glandular Fever
A Blood Clot in his brain
A Brain Tumor
A Burst Ear Drum
A broken leg
33 other broken bones, including
2 broken arms,
8 broken bones in his back
2 Broken hips
and several broken ribs
Multiple Myelomas
And a blood cancer diagnosis that gave him just 9 months to live.

With an oxygen bottle in tow this managed to go on for two years, and then the beans were spilt. He wasn't suffering from cancer at all! No it was his raging porn addiction (then entering it's 16th year!). His father was quoted saying he'd been fighting it since he was twelve.

Of course the church wasn't very happy, remove him of his positions and gave him the boot. Any cash he'd raised to be returned or donated to a charity. Beyond that his family and associates had their reputations trounced as people questioned just how his wife somehow had no idea or even questioned why he would go off alone to Sydney for treatments let alone get no post or even pills for his cancer.

I can't seem to find anything of him since 2008 so he's likely gone underground.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
poo poo, I love internet compulsive liars. :allears: There should be a separate thread for them, since it's a special strain of STDH.txt.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

WebDog posted:

LiveJournal was pretty much the Tumblr of yesterday, to the point where they had dedicated forums setup to investigate the many many claims of "pseuicides". LJ was also the perfect environment as everything was easily controlled and disseminated at will, don't post for a week - you just were in intensive care again!
You also could gain some immunity by people not talking about you out of bereaved respect as you made your escape or a new profile.

I spent a lot of time in high school and college on fandom_wank, obsessing over (mostly) livejournal drama, so if anyone is interested in reading about people being crazy on the internet ten years ago, HAVE I GOT SOME LINKS FOR YOU.

I don't know why, but my favorite one is the Kids Next Door fandom one. It's like 28 pages of her "siblings" live-blogging her death in the hospital, including stutter typing (because they were so sad), and then someone comes in and was like "wow this is insane and bullshit" and people start calling the hospital and doing internet detective poo poo. It's great.

The Life and Death of Jesse James is also great. Dan Fogelberg is a player in the story, as are his llamas.

Limeybean is the first major livejournal faked death that I can remember? She claimed that she was doing it "as a vehicle to try and get some of the idiot emo kids on LJ to buck up and realise they don't really have it all that bad". Inspiring.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

I spent a lot of time in high school and college on fandom_wank, obsessing over (mostly) livejournal drama, so if anyone is interested in reading about people being crazy on the internet ten years ago, HAVE I GOT SOME LINKS FOR YOU.

I don't know why, but my favorite one is the Kids Next Door fandom one. It's like 28 pages of her "siblings" live-blogging her death in the hospital, including stutter typing (because they were so sad), and then someone comes in and was like "wow this is insane and bullshit" and people start calling the hospital and doing internet detective poo poo. It's great.

The Life and Death of Jesse James is also great. Dan Fogelberg is a player in the story, as are his llamas.

Limeybean is the first major livejournal faked death that I can remember? She claimed that she was doing it "as a vehicle to try and get some of the idiot emo kids on LJ to buck up and realise they don't really have it all that bad". Inspiring.

Honestly, my favorite thing from then was the Msscribe story. It's a long story, but to summarize it, someone makes up a bunch of crap about herself and other people in order to get in good with the popular Harry Potter fans. Highlights include pretending to be a abused Pakistani wife who loved her own fanfiction.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
You can't mention fandom_wank without speaking of the seminal insane person that really ignited that community, Victoria Bitter.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Christ, you people are giving me flashbacks from my time on the LiveJournal abuse team.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bonestructure posted:

You can't mention fandom_wank without speaking of the seminal insane person that really ignited that community, Victoria Bitter.

The best part is that he's still wanking! (Although now I think he's in Supernatural and Teen Wolf rather than Harry Potter.)

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Funktastic posted:

Honestly, my favorite thing from then was the Msscribe story. It's a long story, but to summarize it, someone makes up a bunch of crap about herself and other people in order to get in good with the popular Harry Potter fans. Highlights include pretending to be a abused Pakistani wife who loved her own fanfiction.

Oh man I was not even thinking about non-psudocide wanks. I remember watching that entire series of posts going up in real time, because it was pretty much all anyone wanted to talk about at the time. The series of posts on Cassie Claire is also pretty great, because even though everyone in fandom was already aware of what a piece of garbage she was, it was kind of mind-blowing to see it all written down at once. Also, I think she already had a book contract at that point (for the first book in her YA series which she named after a NC-17 Ron/Ginny fanfic that she later deleted and disavowed any knowledge of).

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

dovetaile posted:

The best part is that he's still wanking! (Although now I think he's in Supernatural and Teen Wolf rather than Harry Potter.)

Teen Wolf has a fandom? The 80s Michael J Fox movie? Or is this some other thing I've never heard of?

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

Teen Wolf has a fandom? The 80s Michael J Fox movie? Or is this some other thing I've never heard of?

There's a new series running on MTV, though it would not surprise me if there was a rabid Michael J Fox fandom. I've seen fans of the Highlander TV series surface in the last few years. :psyduck:

Does anyone remember the name of the internet crazy in the Sonic fandom who claimed that she had her spine removed?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

There's a new series running on MTV, though it would not surprise me if there was a rabid Michael J Fox fandom. I've seen fans of the Highlander TV series surface in the last few years. :psyduck:

I like (well, liked) the Highlander TV show. :mad:

Not enough to post or read about it, or really even watch it again though.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

I like (well, liked) the Highlander TV show. :mad:

Not enough to post or read about it, or really even watch it again though.

These fans were getting a group order together to get a BJD head made in the likeness of one of the actors.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Dear Mrs. Woolf,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Woolf, are listed below and are "documented by our video surveillance cameras":
1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.
6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' Emergency Medics were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose. 10. September
10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'
14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!
15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was. And last, but not least:
16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the Staff passed out.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Farmland Park posted:

Dear Mrs. Woolf,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Woolf, are listed below and are "documented by our video surveillance cameras":
1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people's carts when they weren't looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5- minute intervals.
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women's restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away'. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted in management getting involved causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of chips.
6. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?' Emergency Medics were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose. 10. September
10: While handling guns in the Sports department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly humming the ' Mission Impossible' theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'
14. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!
15. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was. And last, but not least:
16. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, and then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here.' One of the Staff passed out.

I say, I say, that's a joke, son. Flew right by ya.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
To be fair, I've seen people repost it genuinely thinking it's real.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008
Why does it bother me that every version I've seen of that story has quotation marks around "documented by our video surveillance cameras" like it's an obscure figure of speech?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toriori posted:

To be fair, I've seen people repost it genuinely thinking it's real.

There's a similar thing I've seen going around on Tumblr and a few other place about an employee at a Wal-mart Deli that always has "wacky, OMG random" messages left to him on a whiteboard by "management."

It's pretty obviously fake*, but so many people are passing it off as real.

*In this case, I do think it's an actual whiteboard at a deli, Wal-mart or otherwise. But there's no way that "Management" is writing these "hilarious" messages to some mysterious employee named "Shane." It's just an employee's way of trying to have some some fun at work, and making his co-workers laugh a little.

Fake edit: Found it.
http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/06/23...they-leave-him/

Truth be told, I do find some of them to be a litte funny, but in a stand-up-comedian "the joke/story is funny, I know it didn't actually happen" sort of way. I guess I just get annoyed that so many places are reporting it as "totally 100% legit, guys."

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Jun 30, 2014

silencekit
May 1, 2014

Wacky workplace prankster poo poo that didn't happen is far and away the worst kind to me. It's so boring, and so universally not funny, and the perpetrators always seem to me like the same smug rear end in a top hat who refuses to grow up and loves quoting Jim Gaffigan and wearing t-shirts that say things like "Official Pussy Inspector".

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Going back to internet drama STDH, I was actually friends with the chick responsible for Flashman the guy who didn't die on 9/11 because he didn't exist my freshman year of college. By the time she "killed" him, we had already stopped being friends because surprise surprise she was an rear end in a top hat, but my softhearted roommate who thought she could be a good influence was still trying to be friends so I got to see her pull the "boohoo towers crashed on my friend" thing irl too. I had no particular reason to doubt her story, but boy did I have a :stare: moment when the truth came out two years later.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Getting sick of the retail/food server/cashier stories.

No one ever speaks like these people do with all the "ma'am"s and "sir"s. I'm beginning to imagine the protagonists (if you can call them that) as the same person.

I live in England, the land of Sir and Ma'am and I haven't been called Sir by anyone, not even when I visit the bank.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Judge Tesla posted:

I live in England, the land of Sir and Ma'am and I haven't been called Sir by anyone, not even when I visit the bank.

I work in a school, so I get called "sir", though it's only by teenagers who have been told that how you have to address members of staff.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Judge Tesla posted:

Really? I hear and see sir and ma'am used all the time here in the states.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

OptimusShr posted:

Really? I hear and see sir and ma'am used all the time here in the states.

Yeah, and it used to bother me when I was 19 and the bagger at the grocery store who is two years younger than me would call me sir.

There's not really any other polite pronoun to use (guy, hey you, bro, dude) The best idea is to just avoid using pronouns, but sir/maam are totally fine.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
"The day I called my customers wife an overpriced whore"

quote:

I do car sales, and I had a customer place an order for his dream vehicle (He was active duty) his wife was next to him, and it was a special order from the factory.

All said and done and we are waiting for the car to arrive when one day he comes in all sad eyed and things like that and I'm like "Dude whats up" he goes "The wife says I can't get the car cause she wants a BMW" and I said "But I thought you had just bought your wife a lexus 2 yrs ago and now was your turn?" He goes "Yea...but she fell in love with a BMW" and I go "Well do you like it?" He goes "nah I want my Challenger" I said "I understand...I mean why don't you just tell her its your turn and you want your dream car she already got hers...she can wait for the BMW." He responded "She told me to cancel" I fired back "Is she your boss?" (this is a summary of the conversation)

He agreed he should stick with his dream car, he has the money, great credit, and its a gift they agreed upon. He was going home and going tell his wife what was up.

He came back the next day with his wife in tow. They came in sat down and said she said "we are going cancel this order right now" we went back and forth reminding them they aren't going get their deposit back etc, all because she wants a BMW. She finally says "Look I deserve the BMW I work hard and I deserve the best of the best" (keep in mind the BMW was clearly out of this mans price range costing near $70k) so to which I said "O what do you do?" she goes "I give him the best booty on this earth" and I respond "So what your saying is your extremely pricey whore?" she said "excuse me!" my customer is sitting as far back in his seat....strangely enough with a smile on his face. She asks me to say it again...so I do. She says I have no right to say that. I qualify my statement (most likely shouldn't of done that) I was having a bad day she of course complained to my management who scolded me I shrugged it off...gently caress her she's a bitch.
Deal was canceled, customer didn't get his money back although he was told if he did decide to come back we'd let him use his deposit in addition to another deposit on any vehicle.
3 weeks later he came in, said after I bought up the "whore" idea it set something off in his mind and he did some digging...Apparently she really was a whore and had 2 affairs ongoing...he was getting a divorce so he reordered his challenger.

After math

BTW she was incredibly bitchy.

Bit more backstory I'm actually still in contact with this guy as I am most of my customers. He got successfully divorced because of the evidence he had on her she basically got nothing in the divorce. She ended up marrying one of the guys she was having an affair on.
My customer took her lexus and traded it in when the Challenger came in (Car was in his name)

The Challenger was R/T in header orange with the T grip shifter, sunroof, navigation, upgraded sound system. He since put on some very tasteful rims, and done a bit of exterior additions. Car looks pretty sweet.

My customer is doing well, and very happy with current situation.

As per my comments to his wife...management didn't "shrug it off" I did get in quite abit of trouble and was very nearly suspended (which is something we never really do) also exceptions to our rules where put on restriction. AKA all my deals had to be perfectly clean for the next month which is INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to accomplish.

I've also been advised not to make a habit of calling my women whores...its bad for business.

If your curious why I didn't get fired...well I'm a really good sales person with really good results and a great customer service record...This was one serious ding in my reputation.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

"The day I called my customers wife an overpriced whore"

"very tasteful rims"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Did you Know That . . ?

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Did you Know That . . ?

please be careful out there, LITERALLY A BIRD. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Oh man, this is "Don't throw rice at weddings! The grains puff up in birds' stomachs and make them explode!" all over again.

I have noticed pigeons pecking at discarded cigarette butts, and I imagine that's super-bad for them. If you have to pick one thing not to throw on the ground, I suggest you make it cigarette butts.

• Locked thread