Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Linux Nazi posted:

Grabbed this game on a whim with a 25% GMG coupon.

Normally I immediately regret getting suckered into a MMO purchase, but this game is pretty legit. I was up until around 2AM playing the first night. Everything about it seems pretty well put together so far.

I'm currently playing stalker, but I'd like to try a spell caster. If I wanted to lob large balls of fire at jerks, would I go spellslinger or esper?

Do you want to move while you attack? If so, don't play Esper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
How do I get Dominion rep at 50? Challenges give nothing at gold.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The continuing story of Alphonse and Jagg (found in Galeras this time, next to a freshly-dug grave):

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

PaganGoatPants posted:

Challenges you've already done don't reward rep, but ones you haven't done should reward you with a good bit per medal.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

The continuing story of Alphonse and Jagg (found in Galeras this time, next to a freshly-dug grave):

I will be seeking these two out now, thank you for opening my eyes. These NPC conversations are great... and motivating!

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Get some friends together and do the Critical Containment event in northern Malgrave when it's up. There's a daily quest available after beating the boss that gives 1500 rep.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I accidentally stumbled upon this thread and after skimming through OP and watching some vids I decided to buy it at once. The combat looked very interesting and that's usually the main thing I care about in games like this.

Is there anything I need to know as a beginner? Any classes that are not recommended for a new player?

Tomed2000
Jun 24, 2002

Made an addon for a friend of mine that wanted to gently caress with people in PvP. I was having fun with it so I fleshed it out a bit:

Already have some great reviews on Curse:

quote:

Is this proof of concept with the goal to restrict chat functionality for addons?

Because I can honestly find no other justification for such an obnoxious abuse of the game API.

quote:

I hope so otherwise this guy can pretty much shove a rake where the sun dont shine

quote:

why

Download it now! http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/221869-instigator

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tomed2000 posted:

Made an addon for a friend of mine that wanted to gently caress with people in PvP. I was having fun with it so I fleshed it out a bit:

Already have some great reviews on Curse:

Download it now! http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/221869-instigator

Instigator is a great name.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How is Stalker tanking for general PVE and leveling, anyway? I remember having a lot of fun with my Protection warrior in WoW but I'm wondering if I'd get the same sort of efficiency from that approach here - just letting them wail on me and simply outlasting the enemy group rather than murdering them in a flash, one-by-one.

TheDK posted:

I will be seeking these two out now, thank you for opening my eyes. These NPC conversations are great... and motivating!

Their one in Galeras is funny. The big guy's all :saddowns: about getting headaches and feeling grumpy all the time because his diet means he can't his usual food, so the other dude goes into a big discussion about exercise and the sort of stuff you can squeeze into your day if you're busy. :v:

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

poptart_fairy posted:

How is Stalker tanking for general PVE and leveling, anyway? I remember having a lot of fun with my Protection warrior in WoW but I'm wondering if I'd get the same sort of efficiency from that approach here - just letting them wail on me and simply outlasting the enemy group rather than murdering them in a flash, one-by-one.

I ran a Stalker tank build for the entirety of Farside in full crafted blue support gear. Nano Field gives you good AoE and nigh-invincibility so long as you're dodging the big telegraphs. Single target damage was painfully slow, though, and DPS Stalker shits out AoE damage and murders groups so fast that it doesn't need the self-healing from Nano Field in addition to having great single target damage, so I switched back around Wilderrun.

The only advantage was it was also pretty impossible to kill me in world PVP. The downside to that is since your single target damage is so bad, it's like you're chasing down a player and trying to beat him to death with a foam bat. I had a couple of fights against Espers/Medics/Stalkers where we fought for a couple of minutes before realizing we were still at 100% health, /shrugged /bowed and walked away from each other.

tl;dr just go DPS Stalker until you're max level. It's only kinda feasible if you're willing to shell out a lot of gold to craft yourself support gear since the majority of leveling quest rewards give you DPS gear and not tank gear.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 29, 2014

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
I'm playing a Medic and solo leveling him is excruciating. I'm thinking of rolling an alt....out of curiosity, what's the fasting class to level to 50?

I've also heard people can roll characters of opposing factions on the same realm....is that true?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Riftling posted:

I ran a Stalker tank build for the entirety of Farside in full crafted blue support gear. Nano Field gives you good AoE and nigh-invincibility so long as you're dodging the big telegraphs. Single target damage was painfully slow, though, and DPS Stalker shits out AoE damage and murders groups so fast that it doesn't need the self-healing from Nano Field in addition to having great single target damage, so I switched back around Wilderrun.

The only advantage was it was also pretty impossible to kill me in world PVP. The downside to that is since your single target damage is so bad, it's like you're chasing down a player and trying to beat him to death with a foam bat. I had a couple of fights against Espers/Medics/Stalkers where we fought for a couple of minutes before realizing we were still at 100% health, /shrugged /bowed and walked away from each other.

tl;dr just go DPS Stalker until you're max level. It's only kinda feasible if you're willing to shell out a lot of gold to craft yourself support gear since the majority of leveling quest rewards give you DPS gear and not tank gear.

I don't know why anyone would attempt not-dps for questing on any class.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Radio Talmudist posted:

I'm playing a Medic and solo leveling him is excruciating. I'm thinking of rolling an alt....out of curiosity, what's the fasting class to level to 50?

I've also heard people can roll characters of opposing factions on the same realm....is that true?

Warrior. But seriously, you can skip over 75% of quests the game gives you and still keep up in levels. Any class is going to be fast if you're efficient about it. Warrior and in my opinion Engineer really pick up the pace in kill quest heavy zones like Wilderrun, though.

Edit: And yes, there are no restrictions on faction choice.

Solartide
Oct 3, 2013

by XyloJW

This is great. In FFXIV I ran into a player who had a macro that shouted something along the lines of "Incoming Meteor!" followed by three ascii arts of a meteor in the air, meteor incoming, and meteor hitting the ground.

Over the top, certainly, but amazing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So how is this a full month after release? I'm considering picking it up, but I'm quite on the fence. Archeage is still months away from release, and Divinity Orignal Sin comes out Monday. That being said, I'm *thinking* about getting it. Are there any classes to stay away from, that just seem to be in a bad state currently? Are any overpowered? What is the equivalent to a WoW mage? What is the state of healing and who are strong healers? Any hybrid caster/ healers? Is there PvP gear that is obtainable without doing crazy PvE stuff(I can't committ to a raiding schedule weekly, at the moment)? Is the collector edition worth it, it's 25% off on GMG.

Sorry for the number of questions, but I'm just trying to get a feel for things. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers any of these.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jun 29, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Radio Talmudist posted:

First 50 was a stalker IIRC.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I've been away for a week, so I haven't really seen anything people have posted. I did see the patch notes, though. At least Medic DPS is slightly less terrible now, right?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Since more people are starting to get to the silver medal dungeons part of the attunement I figured I'd try and find some video guides. These two are pretty good for Stormtalon and Skullcano, and he'll hopefully post the other two soon.

Stormtalon silver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cFDF2B6fiA
Skullcano silver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMsnj0blKyg

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007
Are you guys already raiding or will you be next week?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CLAMBO! posted:

Are you guys already raiding or will you be next week?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

no no no it'll be awhile

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Would it be possible to extend auto emote when you kill someone to auto emote when an enemy dies? I'm a healer but I want this feature once it's out!

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Is there a trial available?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

poptart_fairy posted:

Their one in Galeras is funny. The big guy's all :saddowns: about getting headaches and feeling grumpy all the time because his diet means he can't his usual food, so the other dude goes into a big discussion about exercise and the sort of stuff you can squeeze into your day if you're busy. :v:

I don't think it's like protection warrior. Stalker tanking is mostly about deflecting, lifesteal, and an infinite dash bar. Armor mitigation is kind of lacking. It's incredibly fun and mobile which I can only sum up as "Rogue Tank".
After 25, stalker tanks are pretty much invincible from just nano field, but the damage output is below awful. You can sorta circumvent this by adding on Frenzy, which deals respectable damage for a support build, and only using nano field to get your health back.
The lifesteal from nano field itself is enough to get you ranked #1 in heals in pretty much every adventure.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I hate the people who vote disband the second they might not get gold. Please remove group disbanding and maybe replace it with an instance reset vote or something.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
Halfway through silver dungeons. Not looking forward to Skullcano but KV really wasn't bad.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Looking for some leveling build advice on my Engineer. Just hit 15. Here is what I currently have. The bruiserbot is temporary while I figure things out:

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/engineer#lllKlg1vEvE/410.411.412.408.420.422.423

I am sort of thinking of getting rid of Pulse Blast for an extra bot, but I don't know. On the one hand, Bioshell->Energy Auger plus Volatility Rising gives me enough volatility to burn with Electrocute until those attacks come off cooldown. On the other, I kind of want to keep it around for emergencies, and I love harvesting plants by shooting the hell out of them with a shotgun.

If I do go with two bots, should I go for Dimisherbot or Artillerybot?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 29, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Sterling_Archer posted:

Halfway through silver dungeons. Not looking forward to Skullcano but KV really wasn't bad.

This is what happens when you cater to "HARDCORE"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I just completed second "zone", the place after tutorial area, but I've only seen like 3 other players and the chat is dead silent.
Are there really this few active players? Or are there just no low-level players since everyone who's playing the game already got to end-game or something?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Jack Trades posted:

So I just completed second "zone", the place after tutorial area, but I've only seen like 3 other players and the chat is dead silent.
Are there really this few active players? Or are there just no low-level players since everyone who's playing the game already got to end-game or something?

You're playing late night in an MMO that launched a month ago. Levian Bay/Crimson Isle are heavily phased as well.

Anyone whos online right now is 30-50, not many people are making alts just yet and anyone who didnt buy at launch is waiting for the patch in a week/free-month-over reviews.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Doublestep posted:

You're playing late night in an MMO that launched a month ago. Levian Bay/Crimson Isle are heavily phased as well.

Anyone whos online right now is 30-50, not many people are making alts just yet and anyone who didnt buy at launch is waiting for the patch in a week/free-month-over reviews.

It's Sunday noon here in EU, prime gaming time as far as I know but it does make sense how there are very few low-level players.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Jack Trades posted:

It's Sunday noon here in EU, prime gaming time as far as I know but it does make sense how there are very few low-level players.

Oh, EU. Welp.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So the Dominion have forced labour camps where the prisoners are routinely abused and thrown onto a fire when they're no longer any use. Subtle. :v:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

poptart_fairy posted:

So the Dominion have forced labour camps where the prisoners are routinely abused and thrown onto a fire when they're no longer any use. Subtle. :v:

Sounds like a dig at British labour policies. Pesky liberals.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

And the exiles blow up transport ships full of civilians. I like that there's no "good" side in this game, everyone's an rear end in a top hat.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Collateral Damage posted:

And the exiles blow up transport ships full of civilians. I like that there's no "good" side in this game, everyone's an rear end in a top hat.

Eh, given this is something the Dominion do in the tutorial, on top of the whole 'lets do genocide and purge anyone who falls short of our standards but we're totally not-Nazis' thing, I'd say the Exiles have the moral edge there still! I still think the Dominion's writers had a change of heart halfway through or something. There's such a weird lack of consistency; the Exile stuff is the cause of tension between its members, whereas the Dominion stuff is GRRR KILL ALL SCUM in one quest and then moping and whining about torturing a single prisoner later. At no point do any NPCs notice this or use it.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jun 29, 2014

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

Sterling_Archer posted:

Can't comment on Skullcano much myself, but guildies who have attempted it a few times have said the first two bosses are pushovers and the last one is an exercise in frustration. The trash apparently also hits fairly hard and there's only one graveyard at the start of the instance, making corpse running a chore.

Did try Swordmaiden last night though on Veteran for the first time though, which was fairly interesting. The first boss is arguably the toughest due to the ramping damage debuff the tank has to get to maintain aggro, but the others aren't too bad. The 75 minute limit is still going to be a possible issue as there's a shitton of trash between areas, and almost all of it is needed for the optional objectives.

The map being needlessly huge doesn't help either, to the point we're apparently getting the movespeed flasks unlocked next to make pushing everyone through attunement easier.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
You can cheat the Skullcano last boss. To the inside left of the door to his room, there's a little nook you can jump onto. Nothing hits you up there except Big Bang, which can be interrupted.

They claim to have fixed this in a patch last week, but it still works.

Abuse away and get your ez silver medals!

In My Opinion however, SC is actually one of the easiest veterans. Most people recommend STL as your first vet, but STL has a very unforgiving time limit and the hardest final boss out of all the vets. SC's time limit is very forgiving unless you get the prisoner optional, to the extent that you could easily fit 5 attempts in on the last boss.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Unlucky7 posted:

Looking for some leveling build advice on my Engineer. Just hit 15. Here is what I currently have. The bruiserbot is temporary while I figure things out:

http://ws-base.com/builds/generator/engineer#lllKlg1vEvE/410.411.412.408.420.422.423

I am sort of thinking of getting rid of Pulse Blast for an extra bot, but I don't know. On the one hand, Bioshell->Energy Auger plus Volatility Rising gives me enough volatility to burn with Electrocute until those attacks come off cooldown. On the other, I kind of want to keep it around for emergencies, and I love harvesting plants by shooting the hell out of them with a shotgun.

If I do go with two bots, should I go for Dimisherbot or Artillerybot?

Don't consider the bruiserbot temporary. It is excellent for questing. It's a second and short cooldown source of MoO, as well as getting all the mobs in a cluster on top of it ripe for AOE.

Your skill lineup is about par for efficiency. A few changes to be made in my opinion.
For starters, get the Reckless Dash amp. That combined with Volatility Rising makes you a Vol generating machine. So basically remove the 3 amps from assault power%, put it in cooldown% and save amps until you get RD. Then go back to the assault power amps.
Also, until you have it at T4 (lvl 25), bioshell is not efficient. I would replace it with Artillery bot until then.

Your rotation would be Energy Auger->Pulse Blast->Electrocute spam. Use the Bruiserbot when you see a telegraph, then drop the Artillery Bot on the cluster of mobs it creates. Dash a couple times for more Electrocute and a Quick Burst whenever it procs.

edit : Remember to use your Exosuit as much as possible. I always forget to in pve.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

poptart_fairy posted:

Eh, given this is something the Dominion do in the tutorial, on top of the whole 'lets do genocide and purge anyone who falls short of our standards but we're totally not-Nazis' thing, I'd say the Exiles have the moral edge there still! I still think the Dominion's writers had a change of heart halfway through or something. There's such a weird lack of consistency; the Exile stuff is the cause of tension between its members, whereas the Dominion stuff is GRRR KILL ALL SCUM in one quest and then moping and whining about torturing a single prisoner later. At no point do any NPCs notice this or use it.

It's almost like a society can be comprised of people with varying beliefs. :ms:

The Exiles fight for their freedom and against the oppression of the Dominion. They have the good-hearted people and they have the people who employ mass-murder techniques in the name of freedom. The Dominion has that same counterbalance. Both sides have people who are trying to take the moral path, but they also have people who believe they're doing the right thing while murdering thousands of people.

• Locked thread