Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
To be fair...Cro Cop murdered quite a few people with that left leg. And Cesaro would probably be sure to not get taken to the ground by Del Rio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

To be fair...Cro Cop murdered quite a few people with that left leg. And Cesaro would probably be sure to not get taken to the ground by Del Rio.

It's not that simple. Del Rio hasn't competed in years, but he's not going to have a lot of trouble getting down someone without a wrestling pedigree unless his knees are shot.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer posted:

It's not that simple. Del Rio hasn't competed in years, but he's not going to have a lot of trouble getting down someone without a wrestling pedigree unless his knees are shot.
That's what I mean. Cesaro would probably recognize his disadvantage in terms of technical grappling and even his strength won't be of any use if he can't disorient Del Rio somewhow.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Obviously we need for WWE to organize Brawl For All 2.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Didn't Del Rio show up to RAW sometime this year with a black eye because he and Jerhico got into a bar fight with other people?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Black Is Black posted:

Didn't Del Rio show up to RAW sometime this year with a black eye because he and Jerhico got into a bar fight with other people?

I've heard this story but with Drew McIntyre instead of Jericho, maybe Del Rio just gets into a lot of bar fights.

Now I'm imagining if Wrestlemania 29 would have had a more interesting WHC match if Del Rio and Swagger had an actual shoot fight.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Black Is Black posted:

I don't think it was Jericho. I wanna say McIntyre?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There was a story going around about Sheamus and New Sin Cara/Hunico going around and it said Hunico had the best of it.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Aurain posted:

There was a story going around about Sheamus and New Sin Cara/Hunico going around and it said Hunico had the best of it.

That's a different story, and yeah Konnan said that Sheamus was talking poo poo to Hunico saying he was a minor player and Hunico in return took him to the ground if I remember. Also something where Sheamus said something similar to Yoshi Tatsu and Tatsu took him to the ground again previously?

I want to know during Ryback's face run he came out on a Smackdown with a real shiner on his eye, was there anything on that?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

That's a different story, and yeah Konnan said that Sheamus was talking poo poo to Hunico saying he was a minor player and Hunico in return took him to the ground if I remember. Also something where Sheamus said something similar to Yoshi Tatsu and Tatsu took him to the ground again previously?

I want to know during Ryback's face run he came out on a Smackdown with a real shiner on his eye, was there anything on that?
Sheamus and Yoshi were living together, and Yoshi kept asking Sheamus to clean the blender and Sheamus was being an rear end in a top hat about it, so Yoshi took him the gently caress out.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Flameingblack posted:

Sheamus and Yoshi were living together, and Yoshi kept asking Sheamus to clean the blender and Sheamus was being an rear end in a top hat about it, so Yoshi took him the gently caress out.
Another story recently emerged where Sheamus had borrowed money from Yoshi and kept ducking him when it was time to pay him back until Yoshi got mad at him and I assume turned went Stewie Griffin on him till Sheamus coughed up what was owed.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

All these stories make it sound like Sheamus is another one of those guys with a gimmick based on their real selves.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think it was Jericho. I wanna say McIntyre?

McIntyre and Del Rio were travel buddies, and the night before a Raw in LA, there were at a sports pub. Del Rio apparently had a disagreement with another patron, who got into a fight with Del Rio, only to have Drew break it up and save Del Rio's bacon.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tonfa posted:

All these stories make it sound like Sheamus is another one of those guys with a gimmick based on their real selves.
Sheamus doesn't really have a gimmick.

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

His Gimmick seems to be getting his rear end whupped in Bars by Jobbers.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

it's a shame to be
a lobsterhead. clean blender
or i punch your head

-yoshi tatsu

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

His gimmick is Irish.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

You can buy a t-shirt with a word that his people sometimes say.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Some Other Guy posted:

it's a shame to be
or i punch your head

-yoshi tatsu

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

keithy george posted:

Fenian?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

keithy george posted:

sawft?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

I've heard this story but with Drew McIntyre instead of Jericho, maybe Del Rio just gets into a lot of bar fights.

Now I'm imagining if Wrestlemania 29 would have had a more interesting WHC match if Del Rio and Swagger had an actual shoot fight.

Swagger is a highly decorated amateur wrestler who also happens to be a legit 6'7" 270~ pounds who could basically throw anyone in the roster around who isn't named Bork Laser. So what I'm saying is that seeing an actual shoot fight between him and Del Rio would be hilarious and end with ADR ground into a fine paste.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Some Other Guy posted:

it's a shame to be
or i punch your head

-yoshi tatsu

the best haiku

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

Swagger is a highly decorated amateur wrestler who also happens to be a legit 6'7" 270~ pounds who could basically throw anyone in the roster around who isn't named Bork Laser. So what I'm saying is that seeing an actual shoot fight between him and Del Rio would be hilarious and end with ADR ground into a fine paste.

Swagger was an All American nearly 10 years ago and hasn't competed in competitive wrestling since college. Del Rio represented Mexico internationally and fought MMA four years ago. Saying Swagger would definitely wipe the floor with him is silly, we have no clue what would happen.

Edit: Del Rio represented Mexico internationally over a decade ago, that's his Greco background, not that he represented them 4 years ago.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 29, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Swagger was an All American nearly 10 years ago and hasn't competed in competitive wrestling since college. Del Rio represented Mexico internationally and fought MMA four years ago. Saying Swagger would definitely wipe the floor with him is silly, we have no clue what would happen.

Zeb would grab the sides of his head and then throw his hands up in the air in frustration.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ok I knew about his amateur background (14 years ago) but I actually thought that ADR's mma career consisted of getting murdered by Cro Cop and a whole bunch of worked "fights" in z-league promotions. Turns out the z-league part is probably right but that maybe they were real matches. You learn something new every day!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The only way we can settle this argument is to have someone in the EA UFC thread create everyone involved and simulate the ensuing matchups.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave's Arsenio Hall moment:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Maybe Dave took it to mean blading? :v:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

rovert posted:

Followed by his wife smashing a banana in his face, I'm sure.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

rovert posted:

Straight and to the point. No explanation needed

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Who would beat up who is always my favorite topic.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Simon Gotch (@GotchStyleWWE) is a Whovian and a Dune fan-boy, so you should follow him if you're into awesome nerd stuff.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tonfa posted:

Irishman gimmick: Oi lohve to foight.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

skaboomizzy posted:

Simon Gotch (@GotchStyleWWE) is a Whovian and a Dune fan-boy, so you should follow him if you're into awesome nerd stuff.

I'm getting into Who but I'm a SUPER rear end VAUDEVILLIANS nerd so thanks

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Drake with hair is so weird to me

BigT
Oct 22, 2004

Memento posted:

I don't know...If Big Show ever got legit pissed, angry and not gave a poo poo he could pretty much kill anyone on the roster.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Swagger manages to hurt people when he is specifically trying to not hurt them so I can only imagine the destruction he would cause if he were "unchained" as it were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
This is all ignoring that Bill DeMott would probably win any shootfight in WWE, because he's a shooter (With his pistol).