Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KDY is fine to PUG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That law only holds true for endgame stuff. When leveling, pugging flashpoints is perfectly OK. Yes, you do get the occasional Maraudurr or the Sniper wearing aim gear, but the bosses have so few mechanics it's hard to gently caress them up.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I hate Lost Island because for some reason it is the only area of the game where my game turns into a slideshow. Like, 7-10 FPS when even notably slow places like Alderaan and Makeb stay in 20-30ish range.

I have a poo poo graphics card though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

That law only holds true for endgame stuff. When leveling, pugging flashpoints is perfectly OK. Yes, you do get the occasional Maraudurr or the Sniper wearing aim gear, but the bosses have so few mechanics it's hard to gently caress them up.

Yeah, by and large, I haven't had too many terrible experiences pugging leveling flashpoints (or for that matter, the hardmode versions of them at 50 and 55). At least 75% of them are pretty smooth I think, with everybody being polite and knowing what they're doing. In the other 25%, the majority of the bad people pick up on their mistakes after a while and nobody gives them too hard of a time about it.

There is, however, that fraction of...undesirable pubbies you run into. I feel like most of them play PVP so you don't run into a lot of it in flashpoints but they are definitely out there.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
SM LI is cake, I can solo it on my Shadow Tank in half an hour. HM is is easily duo'ed.

The best part of LI pugs are watching AC's (Mandos, VG's, Gunslingers) who can be immune to every Sav'rak Smash but still manage to get knocked off anyways. Also the people who don't realize there is gap between the columns and the platform.

If your going for Achievements the only way is Tank...instant queues, you can force people to run the FP/Op's (with bonuses) you want to, and a good Tank goes a long, long way to pug success. I used to think hybrid Op/Scoundrel was the best solo'er but I've since changed my mind to Shadow Tank, Resilience cheese all day, every day.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

While shadows had self healing they were by far the best for soloing stuff like that. Didn't make up for dying in raids but it was something! Now you just let Treek handle the healing.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If anyone is still interested in Kaon or LI I will be on probably around 9 or 9:30--closer to 9:30.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Alter Ego posted:

If anyone is still interested in Kaon or LI I will be on probably around 9 or 9:30--closer to 9:30.

Closer to 930 for me too

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Closer to goddamnit you jerks, I'm not gonna sit around and wait all night.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aloofa, log on and heal us through Kaon and Lost Island so we don't have to pug one.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
Got a 40 mercenary on JC named Jaxol. Is everyone already 55?

Swiddlefiddler
Jul 3, 2011

Future Son posted:

Got a 40 mercenary on JC named Jaxol. Is everyone already 55?

Pretty much, plenty of people with alts though!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There, Alter Ego finally got to see Kaon and Lost Island. For the first and last time.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I hate everyone and everything. No wonder no one ever runs those.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well if you ever get sick of joy, I'd still like to see it some time :(

Maybe the same night that we finally get around to that EC run!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well if you ever get sick of joy, I'd still like to see it some time :(

Maybe the same night that we finally get around to that EC run!

Well technically both of us exited area before finishing Lost Island so we need to run it again to get the effing quest off our logs. Grrrr.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well technically both of us exited area before finishing Lost Island so we need to run it again to get the effing quest off our logs. Grrrr.

If you ever want to do that on a night when I'm not doing something interesting with my life, say the word, I'm down!

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

After spending 99 tokens at a time every couple of days I finally got a rancor at around 600k spent. Not 10 minutes after saying "I don't even want the rancor." when explaining to general chat that all I really wanted was the black vectron. :shepface:

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Catsworth posted:

After spending 99 tokens at a time every couple of days I finally got a rancor at around 600k spent. Not 10 minutes after saying "I don't even want the rancor." when explaining to general chat that all I really wanted was the black vectron. :shepface:

You mean this old thing?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

nonentity posted:

You mean this old thing?

I owe you thanks, for granting my oddly specific request to add a new "plasma cannon" to the game. My commando has been rocking that thing, and cruising around on a Vectron Magnus, and life is good.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:sigh:

And with 740 presence at level 23, it means that he has multiple alts with maxed companions. So it's not a newbie mistake... Or does presence get bolstered as well?

Then I went on to lose a PVP Novare Coast at 2% left on the enemy bunker. It's not a good day for pugging.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Stats on gear don't matter for Kuat, so he's just being cheap.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KaneTW posted:

Stats on gear don't matter for Kuat, so he's just being cheap.

Actually stats on gear does matter.

Having worse gear can mean that you get bolstered more. At one point after 2.0 the best pvp stats were gained by going in with only a MH and OH equipped.

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya

hobbesmaster posted:

Actually stats on gear does matter.

Having worse gear can mean that you get bolstered more. At one point after 2.0 the best pvp stats were gained by going in with only a MH and OH equipped.

I remember Naked PVP! That was a fun week or two.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Hey nonentity do you do design work on weapons only for the cartel packs? I've wondered if there was ever the chance that some of the uniquely designed NPCs like Satele Shan would have their armor bits in a pack at some point.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

nonentity posted:

You mean this old thing?

Yeah, that thing's great. Got a white one too for 300k. Have enough certs for the blue one but not really a fan.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Guys, I'm sorry to say that I just released the dread masters again. There were 3 planetary coms and 16k xp in it.

I guess we'll have to kill them again on tuesday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Guys, I'm sorry to say that I just released the dread masters again. There were 3 planetary coms and 16k xp in it.

drat you!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drat...Crate O Matic for 18 million...tempting...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

drat...Crate O Matic for 18 million...tempting...

raid the guild bank

do it

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
So finally finished the Inquisitor storyline.. and I'm still only halfway through level 52.

Now to grind Illum and Makeb, and starting to look for some decent pre-raid gear (both DPS and Heal)...

...oh and decide how I want to end the weird time-share going on in Khem's body by helping Zash take full control, or support Khem in ditching the witch.... decisions, decisions....

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OzCavalier posted:

So finally finished the Inquisitor storyline.. and I'm still only halfway through level 52.

Now to grind Illum and Makeb, and starting to look for some decent pre-raid gear (both DPS and Heal)...

...oh and decide how I want to end the weird time-share going on in Khem's body by helping Zash take full control, or support Khem in ditching the witch.... decisions, decisions....

Don't forget you can do Section X and Black Hole, gonna be better rewards than Ilum. And you can tag along with someone doing CZ198 dailies too, that's huge xp.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

hobbesmaster posted:

How many times do we have to tell people, stop releasing the power scary evil sith without a timetable for them to resume healthy evil activity.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

When does the double exp week start? It's this week right?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Splash screen says 1st through 7th. That starts it on Tuesday, which is weird, but whatever.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Blhue posted:

Splash screen says 1st through 7th. That starts it on Tuesday, which is weird, but whatever.

Why is a Tuesday start weird? All of the weekly quests/Operations reset on Tuesday, as well as that being the day their patches are released. They like doing things on Tuesdays.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Coming back after not playing for 5 or 6 months, still only level 25ish. Any quick tips?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

Coming back after not playing for 5 or 6 months, still only level 25ish. Any quick tips?

Would probably be able to offer some advice if you, say, let us know what class you play. :D

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

omg chael crash posted:

Don't die. It slows down leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

omg chael crash posted:

Play a lot the week that is coming, with double experience. Delivering quests will be your main experience income. You can skip class stories during double experience, level as much as you can and then catch up later. Take advantage of the experience boost.

If you have cartel points, get rocket boots, upgrades for it, upgrades for quicktravel and when you can get all 3 upgrades for fleet pass, get them. No point getting one or two, you want all or nothing.

• Locked thread