Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

HGH is hard to detect because it clears your system in hours. If you aren't a complete idiot you would never take it at a time of day where you might be tested.

Did they catch him like, MINUTES after he did his entire series of shots? That's actually kind of hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I don't know which test they gave him, the detection window has been improved since London 2012 but there's still only been less than 20 HGH test failures ever and Sonnen is in rarified air

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Anyone know what drugs one could take and get away with it if they were fighting in the UFC? I thought HGH was one of them but I guess that's out now.

Are fighters going to rapidly start shrinking like Badr Hari now?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Count Roland posted:

Who is this bunch?

Rampage? A close fight, and Rampage has great boxing (and a lovely kicking game)
Jones? Is a great striker
Davis? Machida won that fight

So a bunch seems like 2, at most.

He lost to dan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Matt Serra is a real life ninja turtle.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
chael sonnen was a dingus and a real estate fall guy and took drugs, and is therefore an sociopath, but anderson silva was prepared to kill a man with a shotgun over money, but this is okay because he talks about hespect and pretends to not speak english, two things goons love

I'll give Chael credit though, his excuses usually leave him room for plausible deniability.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's not Jon Jones, so I forgive him.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Anthony Pettis is a bad role model for the children:
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhRXZC1SV0eZxMBZ6G

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Favorite comment: "I HAVE TO TRY THAT KICK ON SOME WHITE CRACKER TODDLERS ONE DAY"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

What would the failure mean now that Chael is retired? Fines? Would they actually fire him from an analyst position for PEDs now that he's out of active competition?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Mr. Carlisle posted:

What would the failure mean now that Chael is retired? Fines? Would they actually fire him from an analyst position for PEDs now that he's out of active competition?

Chael was in competition during the time of his initial random drug screening (regardless of the bullshit he spewed regarding being in or out of competition) so him choosing to retire will largely be irrelevant now that this second one came to light.

I kind of wonder what would have happened if he just went to the commission about his first test, because he could have conceivably spun that one in his favor ala the way he attempted to do on that FOX Sports 1 show.

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

chael sonnen was a dingus and a real estate fall guy and took drugs, and is therefore an sociopath, but anderson silva was prepared to kill a man with a shotgun over money, but this is okay because he talks about hespect and pretends to not speak english, two things goons love

I'll give Chael credit though, his excuses usually leave him room for plausible deniability.

If there's something Punchsport Pagoda is well known for is for its widespread long held hatred of Chael Sonnen and undying love of brazilians.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

willie_dee posted:

Anyone know what drugs one could take and get away with it if they were fighting in the UFC? I thought HGH was one of them but I guess that's out now.

If you're still an undercard guy, you're probably fine. If you have a brain, you won't get popped for HGH. Still worth taking the risk at this point.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

willie_dee posted:

There's really no reason not to take drugs. The penalties are pretty much non-existent as long as you win.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Max Awfuls posted:

If there's something Punchsport Pagoda is well known for is for its widespread long held hatred of Chael Sonnen and undying love of brazilians.

Unless this is sarcasm Sonnen seems pretty well liked here until he does something he gets in trouble for and then it's a dogpile like it would be for any other idiot that got caught trying to cheat

Edit: or gets caught just trying to make sure his kids are born healthy and strong, of course

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 29, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Unless this is sarcasm Sonnen seems pretty well liked here until he does something he gets in trouble for and then it's a dogpile like it would be for any other idiot that got caught trying to cheat

Edit: or gets caught just trying to make sure his kids are born healthy and strong, of course

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Fair enough, glad I went with the 'I'm probably wrong' disclaimer up front on that one

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The love for Carlos "Milquetoast" Condit is all ironic, however. I hate how much better looking he is than mefighters who finish almost every fight they win.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Aurain posted:

The love for Carlos "Milquetoast" Condit is all ironic, however.

Hahaha, who called Carlo milquetoast again? That was awesome.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
there are so many more physically attractive guys fighting in the ufc than carlos conduit

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

niethan posted:

there are so many more physically attractive guys fighting in the ufc than carlos conduit

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

niethan posted:

Only face.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004
It shouldn't be that shocking that Chael pissed hot again other than him being retired already. He did say not that long ago that TRT isn't even the most effective cheating that the commissions should be looking for in regards to PEDs. He's pretty much admitted to being a cheater already.

None of that matters to me, he still owns despite being unable to win a belt when cheating.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Shoota_McG posted:

despite being unable to win a belt when cheating.

This describes the majority of the roster.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

-Atom- posted:

Hahaha, who called Carlo milquetoast again? That was awesome.

That was me and it's true

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

It's true that everyone thinks you're a big retard for saying it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
My vocabulary is pretty good for a retarded person, yes.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Carlos condit is a very not boring fighter with a very boring personality

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I hope his recovery goes well

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
If he comes back and finishes Rory MacDonald he can continue to give all the boring Primetime interviews he wants and all will still be forgiven.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah I hope his recovery goes well

maybe he's never a good fighter again but he takes on the personality of connor mcgregor. that'll make goon happy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

maybe he's never a good fighter again but he takes on the personality of connor mcgregor. that'll make goon happy

I think macgregor is a pretty good fighter.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

Actually everyone in this forum poo poo talks mcgregor constantly for his annoying personality even though hes a pretty good and fun fighter. your Hivemind radar is off

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

still haven't looked the definition of that word up, have you?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

finishes Rory MacDonald

Again?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Lolton Smith

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

My vocabulary is pretty good for a retarded person, yes.

freud mayweather posted:

still haven't looked the definition of that word up, have you?

:lol:

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer
Dammit Chael!

I am looking forward to 175. Ronda hopefully schools someone and Chris continues carrying the belt around and making my wife happy by posting so much on Instagram.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

manyak posted:

Carlos condit is a very not boring fighter with a very boring personality

But he's ridiculously good looking so he's allowed to be boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

corillon posted:

I am looking forward to 175. Ronda hopefully schools someone and Chris continues carrying the belt around and making my wife happy by posting so much on Instagram.

I feel like Honda will have that arm within the first two minutes, and my main concern with the Wide Man will be that knee surgery he had recently. also Machida doing Machida things, :ortiz:

• Locked thread