Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Shai-Hulud posted:

Uh. Big pharma is surpressing everything about the easy natural cures. Duh!

The confirmation will come if when Big Pharma buys up Big Fried Chicken (Popeyes, KFC, etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:qqsay:

I guess if a made up story inspires you, religion is probably a good fit.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Joeslop posted:

Well, that's Floyd Mayweather crying in that photo, so he probably hit him with that bottle of flower pot pretty drat hard. Guy's a bad rear end.

Slate Slabrock
Sep 12, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Right thread this time!

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Can someone be cis-trans by being trans and conforming to the prevailing societal image of a transperson?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Oi vey

Lots of MRAs patting each other on the back with two being particularly bad and calling the women who comment bitches and lesbians

:negative:

Calico Heart has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Jun 29, 2014

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Slate Slabrock posted:

Right thread this time!

This must be old as balls because there's a hell of a lot more than 185 million people in the US.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Joeslop posted:

This story makes no loving sense. I figured it was gonna be about how Michael was gay and just when he had found his perfect partner, he was beaten to death by a bigot or something. I figured the idiots on social media part was going to be a bunch of hateful comments. Then the post devolved into "women are the devil" and praise god or something.

I'm going to pretend it's a troll that wrote it.

Otter Madness
Jan 4, 2014

Joeslop posted:

Wait, so is this the defense he used at his manslaughter trial?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

swampland posted:

I'm a trans hetro white guy but dont assume im white or a guy

Lighten up, trans-cis.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

karl fungus posted:

Can someone be cis-trans by being trans and conforming to the prevailing societal image of a transperson?

Depends if your sexual identity follows Sn2 or Sn1.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Joeslop posted:

quote:

Quickly, I drove to Michael's house and before he could say a word I hit him with a bottle of flower pot

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

:sigh:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

I suppose its good advice, but I don't get the 100 <3 at the end.

I was unfriended after I asked if my personality would change when I bought a new phone.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I think if something as ubiquitous as freaking chicken cured depression then we'd have noticed that only vegetarians are ever depressed.

No but they are often depressing.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

^^^ Awwwww piss.

Well I'm half Polish, is that close enough? It's like those white dudes who are 3/86th Cherokee. Totally in tune with their fellow Native Americans (redskins forever!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Independent_States

Although I'm sure that being from Eastern Europe can score some oppression points on a good day.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Do these people realize how ridiculously rich/famous a company would get from curing cancer? You wouldn't be able to suppress it...

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Met posted:

Do these people realize how ridiculously rich/famous a company would get from curing cancer? You wouldn't be able to suppress it...

No you see I watched Johnny Mnemonic and there's that one line, you know? Treating something is more profitable than curing it! So obviously they want to keep treating it! Let's just ignore that cancer isn't one singular disease and the wide variety of various cancers have a wide variety of cures. Let's also just forget that most cancers actually have been cured.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Met posted:

There are circumstances where pharmaceuticals ignore a treatment because there's no profit in it, but yeah - no amount of money is going to prevent a scientist from sticking his or her name up on the same pedestal as a Jonas Salk. If there was a cure for cancer someone would be leaking it.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

Lighten up, trans-cis.

If you just thought that up, then bravo.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Depends if your sexual identity follows Sn2 or Sn1.

What does tin have to do with sexual orientation? :confused:

If weed were a cancer cure, Bob Marley would still be with us.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bored posted:

This story makes no loving sense. I figured it was gonna be about how Michael was gay and just when he had found his perfect partner, he was beaten to death by a bigot or something. I figured the idiots on social media part was going to be a bunch of hateful comments. Then the post devolved into "women are the devil" and praise god or something.

I'm going to pretend it's a troll that wrote it.

I should point out that a 50-something year old woman shared it.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Krispy Kareem posted:

There are circumstances where pharmaceuticals ignore a treatment because there's no profit in it, but yeah - no amount of money is going to prevent a scientist from sticking his or her name up on the same pedestal as a Jonas Salk. If there was a cure for cancer someone would be leaking it.

Um, look at the picture. Sal Ami is leaking it. You just gotta smoke up.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Hedera Helix posted:

If weed were a cancer cure, Bob Marley would still be with us.

He was obviously killed by big pharma assassins, duh.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

The best is that antivaxxers preach vaccines are a conspiracy of big pharma when in reality vaccines are kind of the worst drug that pharma companies would want to make. Only need a few doses, cheap to prepare, last years and you don't get to sell more expensive drugs to the patient later when they catch the disease it is preventing.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
It's just so mind-numbingly...stupid.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Met posted:

A lot of people think it's possible to "cure" cancer meaning that no one will ever get cancer again, not just being able to treat it.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(

ForsakenDragoon
Jun 17, 2010

I just will never understand tumblr.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Irradiation posted:

A lot of people think it's possible to "cure" cancer meaning that no one will ever get cancer again, not just being able to treat it.

Like Polio right?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hedera Helix posted:

I'm talking about organic chemistry.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

kinmik posted:

It's just so mind-numbingly...stupid.

Do these people not know that touch typing is a thing that, in fact, exists, and you do without looking? Or do I just have too high of expectations based on the fact that I'm a good typist?

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Why should anyone care what someone's gender is? How is it always the first thing these people bring up about themselves?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

ForsakenDragoon posted:

What a typically neurotypical thing to say :smug:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Do these people not know that touch typing is a thing that, in fact, exists, and you do without looking? Or do I just have too high of expectations based on the fact that I'm a good typist?

I've been using computers for close to thirty years, and I just taught myself touch-typing a couple of months ago. I imagine the apple "challenge" is intended for people who are not experienced typists.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ForsakenDragoon posted:

It's young people trying, at best, to find their own identity, and at worst, trying to fit in.

It's silly as hell sometimes, but it's not exactly perplexing.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

DemeaninDemon posted:

I'm talking about organic chemistry.
Tin is not organic.

Yes, I know. Stille your replies :ssh:.

ForsakenDragoon
Jun 17, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's young people trying, at best, to find their own identity, and at worst, trying to fit in.

It's silly as hell sometimes, but it's not exactly perplexing.

It's perplexing to me to surround yourself with viewpoints that only exist to confirm your own opinions. Tumblr seems to bring out the most insane traits in people because it's literally an echo chamber. You can just block the people opposed to your lifestyle and write it off as them being hateful or oppressive towards your special group.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

ForsakenDragoon posted:

It's perplexing to me to surround yourself with viewpoints that only exist to confirm your own opinions. Tumblr seems to bring out the most insane traits in people because it's literally an echo chamber. You can just block the people opposed to your lifestyle and write it off as them being hateful or oppressive towards your special group.

People do this all the time both online and in real life. The more specialized and specific media gets, the easier it is for you to lock yourself away in a fantasy world where all you hear is things about which you want to hear and nothing else. Just look at the far right. At least making up absurdly specific gender identities is mostly harmless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Dienes posted:

I was unfriended after I asked if my personality would change when I bought a new phone.

That's amazing.

• Locked thread