Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I don't like this cover very much.

they could make the 12th man flag larger imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TheModernAmerican posted:

He looks like he's about to get hit by a car.

if only

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Put a lightsaber in his left hand and that'd be his audition for Star Wars Episode VII.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Benne posted:

Put a lightsaber in his left hand and that'd be his audition for Star Wars Episode VII.

YOU COME AT ME WITH A SORRY SITH LIKE CRABTREE AND THATS WHAT YOU GONNA GET

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

KettleWL posted:

Well he actually challenged 2k to buy the license and then try to make a game. Which is a little different.

It implies that the license is for sale, though, and to someone other than EA. Hence, not exclusive.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Following the CFL game with the sad version of Ochocinco and the normal version of Troy Smith I'd advise watching the Bo 30 for 30 if you haven't seen it. Up until the point where he gets hurt, then turn it off because it's all sad (even though Bo seems really happy now, so good for him).

Chuck Klosterman's incredulity at the urban legend of childhood Bo dunking a stick is an all-time 30 for 30 highlight.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Richard Sherman, shown here telling a child at Costco to stop using his heelys.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Thus proving Richard Sherman is a Real American Hero because gently caress heelys

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

zimbomonkey posted:

It implies that the license is for sale, though, and to someone other than EA. Hence, not exclusive.

Plus it's not like EA couldn't/wouldn't outbid 2K for the license. It's like Bill Gates daring me to win those yoga lessons at the silent auction we're at.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Stop.

In the name of love

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Bad Moon posted:

Thus proving Richard Sherman is a Real American Hero because gently caress heelys

A kid ran into me at Home Depot while skating around. I laughed.

Also, they seem to have boogered up CenturyLink's architecture. How dare they mess with the hallowed cathedral of the 12s????????

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Athanatos posted:

Stop.

In the name of love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eal4fep7pK4

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"Okay Richard, this'll be easy, just do what you do when you're guarding a receiver. Like in football, Richard. No, like, when you're trying to keep them from catching the ball. Just act natural, Rich. Like you do on the field. Pretend there's a receiver in front of you and you wanna stop em-GGRRRR. You know what we've got it, thank you, Richard."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Following the CFL game with the sad version of Ochocinco and the normal version of Troy Smith I'd advise watching the Bo 30 for 30 if you haven't seen it. Up until the point where he gets hurt, then turn it off because it's all sad (even though Bo seems really happy now, so good for him).

I actually like the parts about what he's doing now. Bo just hangs out in the middle of nowhere makin' arrows and shootin' stuff with arrows and is totally content with how his life turned out. It's cool.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That makes is sound like Bo is a retired super hero archer which I'm ok with.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He can shoot a bow with his feet.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
You don't know bow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

wheez the roux posted:

You don't know bow.

:golfclap:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I remember when I was a kid Bo was on local TV talking about something he'd done in a game and said something like "yeah I'm just really good at that" or something to that effect. My mom had been teaching me not to brag about stuff recently and I asked her "isn't that bragging?" and she thought about it for a while and then said "no, I don't think it is bragging when you're just telling people how it is". I think she was right. Bo was incredibly unimpressed with himself, he just told it how it is.

I'll offer this as a counterexample.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Madden '15: Brought to you by Nightmares' Fear Factory in Niagara Falls

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Miami is working out Samson Satele on Monday lol

Sounds more and more like Pouncey will be out for a while :-/

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Or alternatively, MorningView can change his avatar to this in memory of Chich with the text "YOU SHALL NOT POST!"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just glad that Richard Sherman and the 12th man / LOB nonsense gets the worst Madden cover of all time.

It's fittingly perfect.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Per the Dallas PD: Aqib Talib was arrested this morning for public intoxication and assaulting people at a club.

Per Aqib Talib's agent, no, that was his brother Yaqub Talib

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

bewbies posted:

Bo was incredibly unimpressed with himself, he just told it how it is.

After the game where he threw Harold Reynolds out at the plate from the wall all the reporters were trying to get him to talk about what it felt like to be superhuman and he was just like "I picked up the ball and I threw it home; it's not a big deal". In his mind this wasn't a big deal, it's just what you did in those situations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

"Stop Golden! Think about what sleeping with Russel's wife will do to the team!"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Per the Dallas PD: Aqib Talib was arrested this morning for public intoxication and assaulting people at a club.

Per Aqib Talib's agent, no, that was his brother Yaqub Talib

I thought you were joking and googled it, but no that's his brother's name

:lol:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I thought akili smith died in a grease fire.

quote:

Former Bengals megabust Akili Smith says Johnny Manziel's behavior reminds him of himself.

Smith admits he was a heavy drinker who made regular trips to Vegas during his playing days, and "focused on partying first and everything else second." "Yeah, it's written all over the wall with some of the things he's doing in the offseason, going to Vegas and all that stuff," Smith said of Manziel. "He needs to put all that type of stuff to the side right now and focus on his career." Manziel can shut up his detractors by beating out Brian Hoyer and playing well on Sundays. If he doesn't, concerns about his flashy lifestyle will grow louder.
Source: Cincinnati Enquirer Jun 29 - 12:53 PM

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

bewbies posted:

I remember when I was a kid Bo was on local TV talking about something he'd done in a game and said something like "yeah I'm just really good at that" or something to that effect. My mom had been teaching me not to brag about stuff recently and I asked her "isn't that bragging?" and she thought about it for a while and then said "no, I don't think it is bragging when you're just telling people how it is". I think she was right. Bo was incredibly unimpressed with himself, he just told it how it is.

I'll offer this as a counterexample.

I work with a Newfie who had never heard of Bo Jackson. When we started telling all the stories (running up the wall, breaking bats, hosing runners at the plate on a line from the track, all of his football runs) he thought we telling a tall tale. Like he was a sports version of Bill Brasky. Then we made him watch the 30 for 30. It's all he talked about for the next week.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Intruder posted:

I thought you were joking and googled it, but no that's his brother's name

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that's just the Arabic spelling of Jacob. Its no L'Carpetron or Barkevious that's for sure.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MourningView posted:

After the game where he threw Harold Reynolds out at the plate from the wall all the reporters were trying to get him to talk about what it felt like to be superhuman and he was just like "I picked up the ball and I threw it home; it's not a big deal". In his mind this wasn't a big deal, it's just what you did in those situations.

The best is the press conference when he said during the baseball offseason that he was going to be playing with the Raiders as a hobby. No different than hunting, fishing, whatever everyone else does. He was gonna play football. It's just so absurd that a human being would be saying that. I can't think of anyone who could say that wouldn't make me roll my eyes and root for them to fail, but with him it's like welp. Bo is taking up football.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I dislike Bo Jackson

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

Yeah but you didn't like country bear jamboree, either.

EDIT: I had never watched the 30 for 30 on him. Watching it now. It owns.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 29, 2014

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

A Pale Horse posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just the Arabic spelling of Jacob. Its no L'Carpetron or Barkevious that's for sure.

It is, but I don't think Intruder is laughing at the guy's name, just the situation being ridiculous.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

Shut up.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

You're a monster.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

You have bad opinions.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

Oh hell no.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bo didn't cry even after sustaining an injury that the trainer thought was impossible to sustain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I dislike Bo Jackson

you're dead to me. you're dead to all of us, you infinite motherfucker

• Locked thread