Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A couple more weeks of OTAs, maybe another arrest or two. After that, there's literally nothing going on until training camp. Talk about whatever is people talk about when there's no football stuff happening.

Benne fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Go Spurs

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Worst month in the NFL.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Contract signings, is X the best Y in the National Football League, athletes being funny/stupid on Twitter

a shameful month

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah sadly June will be jack for football but not to fear Miami will be here to entertain you with tales of inept front office decisions

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Spurs-Heat is the NBA version of a Steelers-Patriots super bowl. Its bad and you should feel bad for cheering for anything other than a stadium collapse.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

davecrazy posted:

Worst month in the NFL.

Don't worry next year we'll have the draft on June 25th to entertain us

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Faltese Malkin posted:

Don't worry next year we'll have the draft on June 25th to entertain us

I was thinking the same thing.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah sadly June will be jack for football but not to fear Miami will be here to entertain you with tales of inept front office decisions

I'm excited for them to fire all the women in their FO for fear that they will attract bears.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Schwack posted:

I'm excited for them to fire all the women in their FO for fear that they will attract bears.

The Danger is Real
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/bear-kills-suncor-employee-oil-sands-northern-alberta-154628823--finance.html

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Spurs-Heat is the NBA version of a Steelers-Patriots super bowl. Its bad and you should feel bad for cheering for anything other than a stadium collapse.

But I like the Patriots

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Except both teams are likable and I'm pretty sure don't have rapists on them. Also Dunks.

Go Heat

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hating the Heat is hating success. Pour that haterade down the drain and quench your thirst on some universal love for your fellow human kind.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Whip Slagcheek posted:

On the bright side, one of them will lose

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

But I like the Patriots
They did the lights out dance at the 50

e: rugby is on nbc if you're bored. i know i am

e: some cool stiffarms and stutter steps in this rugby

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 1, 2014

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

We can talk about a sport the rest of the world wrongly calls Football.

internet inc
Jun 13, 2005

brb
taking pictures
of ur house
I'll use this slow, boring month to ask a question then.

I want to drive from Quebec to Burlington (or somewhere close by) and grab a plane to see a good football game somewhere in the US. Bonus points for a nice city to visit and other games (MLB, NBA, NHL, college football, etc.) nearby.

What you got, TFF?

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

internet inc posted:

I want to drive from Quebec to Burlington (or somewhere close by) and grab a plane to see a good football game somewhere in the US. Bonus points for a nice city to visit and other games (MLB, NBA, NHL, college football, etc.) nearby.

What you got, TFF?

San Francisco is pretty awesome. Cool city with lots of things to do, a brand new stadium for the 49ers, a good baseball team, and a good basketball team (granted the Warriors are across the bay).

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

NHL is ending, NBA is ending, college football hasn't started yet.

As much as I hate to say it, try to get a Boston home game just to see Fenway. It's a really nice park and the Red Sox are :barf: sorry I can't continue to compliment the Red Sox.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

internet inc posted:

What you got, TFF?

Drive to Boston/Foxboro

Whip Slagcheek posted:

NHL is ending, NBA is ending, college football hasn't started yet.

As much as I hate to say it, try to get a Boston home game just to see Fenway. It's a really nice park and the Red Sox are :barf: sorry I can't continue to compliment the Red Sox.

This is also true. Additionally, you could stay and watch the Ochocinco show in Montreal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

internet inc posted:

What you got, TFF?

Find cities that have all four major sports. Boston, Denver, Chicago, the Bay area, Philadelphia, etc

Boston has Boston College, Philly has Temple and Villanova, the Bay Area has Berkley and Stanford, Chicago has Northwestern, if you're looking for college stuff close by as well

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

sweet thursday posted:

Hating the Heat is hating success. Pour that haterade down the drain and quench your thirst on some universal love for your fellow human kind.

Lebron is a wiener.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MonsterWalk posted:

Lebron is a winner.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hockey and Basketball are entering their finals... and this is the point in the year that baseball starts becoming more interesting to follow.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Find cities that have all four major sports. Boston, Denver, Chicago, the Bay area, Philadelphia, etc

Boston has Boston College, Philly has Temple and Villanova, the Bay Area has Berkley and Stanford, Chicago has Northwestern, if you're looking for college stuff close by as well

Honestly the obvious choice is the Bay Area, if you don't mind flying across the country and spending a pretty solid chunk of money.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Chilichimp posted:

Hockey and Basketball are entering their finals... and this is the point in the year that baseball starts becoming more interesting to follow.

I didn't know it was October already

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah alright pal whatever you say

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Football nerds are the worst when it comes to watching other sports

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Someone should start a TFF World Cup thread, that can't possibly end badly

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Vando posted:

Every writeup on every national team will be based on how that nation makes me feel emotionally

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We could GDT the final if it's not on at like 3 in the morning or something.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Thank christ I don't have look at a picture of Chris Kluwe every time I open this thread anymore

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sometimes you remember other sports and how they're played in other parts of the world with vastly different time zones, and then you think gently caress those sports, those time zones, and those people, let's watch the NFL

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Vando posted:

Better that then having to wade into the cesspool that is TRP.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's pretty cool how American football is literally the best sport, and better than soccer.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There's football, and there's sports you watch when football's not on

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

sweet thursday posted:

There's football, and there's sports you watch when football's not on

Such as arena football, womens football, little league football, lingerie football.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Schwack posted:

Such as arena football, womens football, little league football, lingerie football.

Nothing will be better than GDT'ing the Los Angeles KISS, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any sports are good sports. Except for the WNBA.

• Locked thread