Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

:ussr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

:france: Meet Stéphane Ravier, Front National mayor of the 7th sector (13th and 14th arrondisments) of Marseille. Yesterday he sent out instructions to all city employees under his jurisdiction that they are forbidden from speaking anything but French when on the clock, whether with the public or in private conversations among themselves. The only exception is if one of the parties concerned doesn't speak French. :france:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/151451-watch-man-confront-police-officer-shot-dog/

Man confronts police officers after he receives a phone call from animal control stating a policeman shot his dog to death.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I'm glad I don't have any Aldi stores in my country, because they can gently caress off forever. I loving hate sarcastic tweets from companies.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Good thing that's not a real account, then. :downsgun:

http://blogs.reuters.com/data-dive/2014/06/27/wage-growth-still-stagnant/

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Hubis posted:

Seems like one potential explanation (and I am not debating the specific issue at hand necessarily) but it's also based on the somewhat specious argument that people immediately involved in a world event have the most "correct" perspective on it.

Interesting how more people in Egypt and Jordan believe the jews did it than people in Palestine.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKHeXC7L85s

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

Stock photo lifestyles!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/27/frank-lucas_n_5537217.html?1403886995

quote:

KFOR in Oklahoma reports that Timothy Ray Murray believes Rep. Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), his opponent in the congressional Republican primary, was executed three years ago and is being represented by a look-alike. Because he believes Lucas is really dead, Murray said he will challenge the results of Tuesday's Republican primary, in which Murray received 5.2 percent of the vote. Lucas won the primary with 82.8 percent of the vote.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

Wouldn't be the first time a dead person won an election in the U.S.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

The Comna posted:

Wouldn't be the first time a dead person won an election in the U.S.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Edit: poo poo, I have embedding turned off so didn't catch it. Sorry for the duplicate. Lowtax bring back the link duplicate checker.

LogisticEarth fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 28, 2014

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Nice screenshot, Tojo.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

The Washington Christs? That's a brilliant idea!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

I await the replies from the teabaggers.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Farking Bastage posted:

I await the replies from the teabaggers.

It wasn't a deer. It was an eight-year-old kid from the farm next door who was running away from home because his dad took away his Nintendo.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Song about special forces with a ~Spooky~ music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bN-dlW4568

Monteunicorn
Jun 19, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJbrTgUL0Dk

videogames

Tsuru
May 12, 2008

Soviet Commubot posted:

:france: Meet Stéphane Ravier, Front National mayor of the 7th sector (13th and 14th arrondisments) of Marseille. Yesterday he sent out instructions to all city employees under his jurisdiction that they are forbidden from speaking anything but French when on the clock, whether with the public or in private conversations among themselves. The only exception is if one of the parties concerned doesn't speak French. :france:
Is this an unreasonable thing to ask of civil servants?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tsuru posted:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I, too, hope for a culturally pure and clean France.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Tsuru posted:

I can't imagine a situation in which it would be reasonable to regulate the language people conduct their private conversations in. I know some people get uncomfortable when they hear a language they don't understand but they're universally idiots and pretty much always racists.

These are two examples of what is called a signal, symbol or a cow in various languages. They were used in schools in France (mostly Brittany and Occitania) and certain French colonies in Africa during the 19th and 20th centuries. If a child was caught speaking their native language they would be given the item to wear or carry all day. They were openly mocked in front of the other students and at the end of the day if you had the item you would be severely punished, either through manual labor, corporal punishment and public shaming sessions. You could get rid of the item by catching another child committing the same offense and then telling the teacher who would then transfer it to the new child.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Tsuru posted:

Might want to post an image, champ.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

emfive posted:

Might want to post an image, champ.

Can I get an explaination?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPRLb0XJIzY

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

It's an image describing the desired extent of the Caliphate (oddly leaving out Pakistan, Bengladesh, Indonesia, etc).

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

CNN ‏@CNN 29m
Do you think Jose should be deported? Answer with JOSESTAY or JOSEGO using #Documented pic.twitter.com/qPfYQQJxMB

:stare:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

WASHINGTON — Just weeks before Blackwater guards fatally shot 17 civilians at Baghdad’s Nisour Square in 2007, the State Department began investigating the security contractor’s operations in Iraq. But the inquiry was abandoned after Blackwater’s top manager there issued a threat: “that he could kill” the government’s chief investigator and “no one could or would do anything about it as we were in Iraq,” according to department reports.

American Embassy officials in Baghdad sided with Blackwater rather than the State Department investigators as a dispute over the probe escalated in August 2007, the previously undisclosed documents show. The officials told the investigators that they had disrupted the embassy’s relationship with the security contractor and ordered them to leave the country, according to the reports.

Classic Blackwater

RonJeremysBalzac
Jul 29, 2004

Soviet Commubot posted:

These are two examples of what is called a signal, symbol or a cow in various languages. They were used in schools in France (mostly Brittany and Occitania) and certain French colonies in Africa during the 19th and 20th centuries. If a child was caught speaking their native language they would be given the item to wear or carry all day. They were openly mocked in front of the other students and at the end of the day if you had the item you would be severely punished, either through manual labor, corporal punishment and public shaming sessions. You could get rid of the item by catching another child committing the same offense and then telling the teacher who would then transfer it to the new child.

So, the French version of the Welsh Not?

I find all of these independence movements brewing in European countries very interesting. Why stop at Scotland's independence or the UK leaving the European Union? Maybe England can go back to the heptarchy.

RonJeremysBalzac fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 30, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Travis Haley, former Force Recon Marine, member of Bremer's detail and the Pavel Petel of gun nuts everywhere, celebrates the 10th anniversary of shooting a bunch of dudes from a rooftop in Najaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v00pc9-zP_s

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.

Exclamation Marx posted:

WASHINGTON — Just weeks before Blackwater guards fatally shot 17 civilians at Baghdad’s Nisour Square in 2007, the State Department began investigating the security contractor’s operations in Iraq. But the inquiry was abandoned after Blackwater’s top manager there issued a threat: “that he could kill” the government’s chief investigator and “no one could or would do anything about it as we were in Iraq,” according to department reports.

American Embassy officials in Baghdad sided with Blackwater rather than the State Department investigators as a dispute over the probe escalated in August 2007, the previously undisclosed documents show. The officials told the investigators that they had disrupted the embassy’s relationship with the security contractor and ordered them to leave the country, according to the reports.

Classic Blackwater

Man, absolutely nothing will ever beat the Bush years for pure, mind-bending, black-is-white and up-is-down absurdity. It would be a lot funnier if they hadn't gotten so many people killed.

Tony Blair

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

emfive posted:

It's an image describing the desired extent of the Caliphate (oddly leaving out Pakistan, Bengladesh, Indonesia, etc).

Why the gently caress is Aceh considered "Modernist" Islam?

Below: A woman in Aceh being caned under sharia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...
The Bush Administration was just an attempt to distract us from Benghazi

• Locked thread