Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I owe you thanks, for granting my oddly specific request to add a new "plasma cannon" to the game. My commando has been rocking that thing, and cruising around on a Vectron Magnus, and life is good.

You're welcome.

I think there's actually two, maybe one isn't out yet.

Canopus250 posted:

Hey nonentity do you do design work on weapons only for the cartel packs? I've wondered if there was ever the chance that some of the uniquely designed NPCs like Satele Shan would have their armor bits in a pack at some point.

Weapons and mounts and rest & recharges. No clothes. What am I, your tailor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

nonentity posted:

So when are we getting our "cut open taun taun and sleep inside it" rest item?

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Medullah posted:

I want that.

nonentity posted:

Ok, how about enabling dye packs to be used on weapons? I need pink blasters for my space barbies damnit!

JediBlutarsky fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 29, 2014

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Arse. Of course the double XP week is the one that I'm not in the country.

(No I'm not bragging about having a trip coming up, why would you ask a silly thing like that)

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Medullah posted:

JediBlutarsky posted:

I want that.

Me too. Especially on Hoth and Illum where I can use it to stay Luke-warm... (I am a terrible goon :smithicide: )

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
How about some half off SWTOR 60-day cards:

http://www.play-asia.com/star-wars-the-old-republic-60-day-pre-paid-time-card-60-days-paOS-13-49-en-70-4jh5.html

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Thanks, I was like five minutes away from buying the Summer Pass, but that thing works out to be more expensive AND you don't get the standard CC bonus.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

nonentity posted:

My Smuggler thanks you for the Coin Flip if that was you, it's no /e walllean but pretty close.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So anyone with a 55 should log on, we're doing 16m DF with 11 people.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

I believe it was Humdrum that asked what Wild Irish Rose was. This provides a better rundown than what I gave last night: http://www.bumwine.com/wildirishrose.html

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Dr. Tough posted:

I believe it was Humdrum that asked what Wild Irish Rose was. This provides a better rundown than what I gave last night: http://www.bumwine.com/wildirishrose.html

Bumwine is a fine site.

I am looking forward to high gravity malt liquor tuesday.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did you buy from them? If so, how long did it take to get your code? I bought last night and haven't received anything yet.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Should also make it use a class you don't normally play Tuesday.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Should also make it use a class you don't normally play Tuesday.

I might pay cartel coins to watch Oedzi and Inkarisa tank while Savarra and Humdrum heal HM DF.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

I might pay cartel coins to watch Oedzi and Inkarisa tank while Savarra and Humdrum heal HM DF.

Yeah a two juggernaut tanking team would be *fantastic*.

I forget what she's even in now. I think mostly Verpine/Underworld?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Blargh, I slept on this (literally, passed out on the couch) and when I woke up they were sold out. :argh: Anyone know how often these are usually on sale?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
I'm thinking of resubscribing to SWTOR to finally play through and finish the stories I left undone last time I played. I have a friend who might occasionally play with me, but as he isn't on a great deal, he's unlikely to subscribe. Is there any way I can throttle my own XP gain so that I don't end up significantly overlevelling him with my subscriber bonus? Or am I going to have to make a seperate free account if we are to play together?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Crindee posted:

Blargh, I slept on this (literally, passed out on the couch) and when I woke up they were sold out. :argh: Anyone know how often these are usually on sale?

I see them from time to time, but I don't know where the heavily discounted cards come from - maybe some sort of physical store clearance? It's pretty rare tbh

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I got to Corellia on my Commando and god drat does this place suck if you're like me and have a horrible tendency to gently caress up and die. Since I'm F2P scum, I only get 5 medial probes total, ever, and all the respawn locations are seemingly placed to be as far away as possible from where the mission locations are simply to gently caress you. But hey you can buy a stack of 5 medial probes for only 400 CC! :suicide:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

wtftastic posted:

I am looking forward to high gravity malt liquor tuesday.

Or as I like to call it: "Tuesday"...

Medullah posted:

If you're really looking to inflict pain, I'd be healing on my sorcerer.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Or as I like to call it: "Tuesday"...

If you're really looking to inflict pain, I'd be healing on my sorcerer.

I've never had to do anything as complicated as the whole "batting orbs away from people using a boss' cleave" before.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Don't worry if you miss only one slam you probably won't cause a wipe.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

Don't worry if you miss only one slam you probably won't cause a wipe.

Only miss one.

Probably won't cause a wipe.

Hmmmmm.....

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Patch notes for tomorrow are up. Double rewards for GSF ends, and double rewards for warzones starts. Other than that, it's mostly a new cartel pack and a bunch of little fixes. Probably the biggest one is fixing the trooper bug where they get revived with only 6 ammo.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

The scoundrel/op roll bug fix is also potentially huge, if it actually fully works this time.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

I really feel like somebody at Bioware really gets my kind of fashion-based idiocy.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

I really feel like somebody at Bioware really gets my kind of fashion-based idiocy.

Oh *wow*, that's hideous and stupid.

I am ready for tonight- I have purchased the requisite beverages and am psyched.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Looks kinda like Nappa.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aloofa or Bedinok where are you.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I'm still talking to China for work so :/

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

My Sith Juggernaut is probably going to hit 55 this weekend and that means a new alt. Which is more fun to heal as: mercenary or sorcerer?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dr. Tough posted:

My Sith Juggernaut is probably going to hit 55 this weekend and that means a new alt. Which is more fun to heal as: mercenary or sorcerer?

I personally enjoy healing on my mercenary more, it's a bit more unique compared to sorcerer.

Hey, we cleared DP HM tonight second try, with me DPSing. So I think that proves

A) I'm a terrible healer
B) Bedinok is a terrible tank
C) Onionbird is a terrible DPS

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You already know the second one since I was DPSing last time

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

You already know the second one since I was DPSing last time

Yeah and I wasn't there either so it reinforced A.

If nothing else, we know that Oedzi LOVES kiting.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It was all because of me dpsing and calling out death marks.

E: silly phone

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jul 2, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

I hate everyone and everything. No wonder no one ever runs those.

Called it :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

KaneTW posted:

That was great. As soon as I heard "Death..." I clicked evasion, didn't even look at my debuff bar. :)

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

KaneTW posted:

It took me the longest time to figure out what you were saying. I kept hearing "bedinok" and I'm just like "ok what does him being in here having anything to do with anything?".

Also, I need to stop nagging healers during this fight...

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Desht posted:

It took me the longest time to figure out what you were saying. I kept hearing "bedinok" and I'm just like "ok what does him being in here having anything to do with anything?".

Also, I need to stop nagging healers during this fight...

Hah, wouldn't be the first time. Weird foreign accent combined with my terrible speech can lead to me being hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

That goddamn turret section in Kaon was the worst part--and Lost Island was actually OK, right up until the last boss. Jesus loving christ.

Still, last night reaffirmed my faith in cartel packs--5 packs netted me the Temple Guardian Robes, Gloves, and Mask, as well as the Recon Walker.

• Locked thread