Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

Wouldn't want you to do anything new. Appropriate for the WiiU thread, I guess, just keep recycling the same stuff over and over.

Well, for this Wii U thread anyways.

Oh yeah that thing that is a sequel to something.

Thank you to showing how fantastically up-to-date and not "same stuff" the other consoles are in comparison to the Wii U.

Edit:

Fulchrum posted:

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

Sequel, remake, side scrolling shooter, remake of a really old game, sequel.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Towerfall is a game that started on OUYA. The loving OUYA!!!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

All of those are also PC games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Good games. EVer heard of them??? Well, perhapes this former OUYA-exclusive will change your mind..

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Oh yeah that thing that is a sequel to something.

Thank you to showing how fantastically up-to-date and not "same stuff" the other consoles are in comparison to the Wii U.

That "something" being its own tech demo and proof of concept?

Suspicious Dish posted:

All of those are also PC games.

Resogun: A PC game. You heard it here first folks.

But even if I ignore that, so? I wasn't aware the WiiU could play PC games.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Towerfall is a game that started on OUYA. The loving OUYA!!!
And its the one game that absorbed all the quality from everything else about the Ouya, and became awesome.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

And its the one game that absorbed all the quality from everything else about the Ouya, and became awesome.

Agreed.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I am amazed that a bigger retard than Fame Douglas has stepped forward

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mabels big day posted:

I am amazed that a bigger retard than Fame Douglas has stepped forward

Stop announcing yourself, its annoying.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

That "something" being its own tech demo and proof of concept?

And it uses the same tech and mechanics so it is a rehash according to your logic.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Stop announcing yourself, its annoying.

Zing!

Diamond Joe Biden
Dec 29, 2009

by Cowcaster

Fulchrum posted:

Resogun is the only one I can't buy on steam though

Exclusives are basically the only reason to buy a console and you haven't really come up with any

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, at least Wii U managed to sell almost as much (within 10k units) as Xbone in the month of May, in the US; trouble: Both are selling horribly.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

And it uses the same tech and mechanics so it is a rehash according to your logic.

...loving what? A tech demo and mechanics walkthrough using the same tech and mechanics its supposed to be demonstrating, makes the full game a sequel? I'll remind you, the original Octodad was freeware.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

...loving what? A tech demo and mechanics walkthrough using the same tech and mechanics its supposed to be demonstrating, makes the full game a sequel? I'll remind you, the original Octodad was freeware.

You might want to talk to the people that created it because they call it a sequel.

http://octodadgame.com/#about

quote:

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is the sequel to the splash hit, Octodad!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yes, a sequel to the proof of concept game they made. Just like Portal is a sequel to Narbacular Drop.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
the Amount of fun and epic Ive had playing Mario kart 8 is wrong you see because Octodad

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

Yes, a sequel to the proof of concept game they made. Just like Portal is a sequel to Narbacular Drop.

It's still a rehash according to your asinine logic that says that the 3DS Zelda is a remake of Link to the Past.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It's still a rehash according to your asinine logic that says that the 3DS Zelda is a remake of Link to the Past.

hahaha what

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I wasn't aware that A Link To The Past was given away for free and no-one could ever pay Nintendo for it.

Also what?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The Wii u is the only next gen console worth owning

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

lol all of these are on pc so who gives a poo poo

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

I wasn't aware that A Link To The Past was given away for free and no-one could ever pay Nintendo for it.

The original thing being free doesn't make its sequel not a sequel you idiot.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

yea?? big fan of ownage first party titles from Nintendo? not anymore *throws 5 indie titles at your face*

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol all of these are on pc so who gives a poo poo

"No, but those games are on PC and thus they don't count. Now let me tell you about how these games that have been on every other Nintendo console and I've already played 7 times before TOTALLY justify the price of this new Nintendo console."

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

Fulchrum posted:

Also what?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fulchrum posted:

Lmfao

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Oh, I guess you're saying that it's not a sequel because you paid for both games, unlike OCtodad, which is a true sequel because the first one was free?

Fulchrum posted:

Also what?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Confirmed that is fulchrums okcupid

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

it is beytond my understanding that someone thinks link between worlds is basically a replica of link to the past because both game have "zealda" in the title

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

"No, but those games are on PC and thus they don't count. Now let me tell you about how these games that have been on every other Nintendo console and I've already played 7 times before TOTALLY justify the price of this new Nintendo console."

you're retarded

also nice okcupid fedora lol

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Suspicious Dish posted:

Oh, I guess you're saying that it's not a sequel because you paid for both games, unlike OCtodad, which is a true sequel because the first one was free?

I'm not claiming anything isn't a sequel you're confusing yourself.

He's talking about how the PS4 is SO MUCH MORE INNOVATIVE when really it isn't.

Edit:

Kewpuh posted:

it is beytond my understanding that someone thinks link between worlds is basically a replica of link to the past because both game have "zealda" in the title

I got confused, somebody else said it, not him, and I can't find the post again it was a while ago.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Seriously lmao at every single one of those games this guy is stupider than fame douglas somehow

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Confirmed that is fulchrums okcupid

I repeat: Care to :toxx: on that?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm not claiming anything isn't a sequel you're confusing yourself.

He's talking about how the PS4 is SO MUCH MORE INNOVATIVE when really it isn't.

Edit:

I got confused, somebody else said it, not him, and I can't find the post again it was a while ago.

Everybody makes mistakes. We forgive you.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Fulchrum posted:

Yes. Post your pic

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

If a mod doesnt give him the mark of shame custom title linking to his okcupid theres no justice in this gay world

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

the pompous language is not doing you any favors here friend of mine

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Yaoi Mandel posted:

If a mod doesnt give him the mark of shame custom title linking to his okcupid theres no justice in this gay world

unfortunately I know its not him because ive seen him ask about non US release dates for games before

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Kewpuh posted:

unfortunately I know its not him because ive seen him ask about non US release dates for games before

Actually it is him. It has the same name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Yes. Post your pic

gently caress that, I am not going to give you a picture to pleasure yourself to, you sick fedora wearing gently caress. Mods, run an IP check.

• Locked thread