Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be victorious?
Netherlands and Costa Rica
Netherlands and Greece
Mexico and Costa Rica
Mexico and Greece
Football will be victorious
Football is dead
View Results

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

The Finn posted:

stop quoting his stupid loving post and talk about how Costa Rica are in the quarter final of a World Cup

its real cool and impressive for sure i like watching them they have some sick players. Navas was so good, so many big stops not enough can be said about him tonight and that Ruiz finish was slow as gently caress but placed perfectly.

They are gonna give it to the netherlands good and hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Frankston posted:

This is such a World Cup. I cringe when I think about how poo poo 2010 was. gently caress you South Africa.

Vuvuzelas.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I wanted Greece to win but Costa Rica winning with a team of 10 literal cripples was great and i love this world cup

im going to have to go back to watching lovely West Brom again with our 3 players after this and it'll be such a come-down

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Seems doubtful that CR can pull off another miracle against the Dutch but with this tournament who knows!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

doomisland posted:

im excited for dutch v CR in the FIFA World Cup Quarterfinals this Saturday

I think the Dutch will eat them up, but I hope I'm wrong. CR are in dreamland.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
those were all v well taken pens with one excellent save making the difference

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Seems doubtful that CR can pull off another miracle against the Dutch but with this tournament who knows!
Well they're already beaten Italy and Uruguay so who knows

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

If anyone is interested I will make a big effortpost in the 'new fans thread' about why they use X's for goals and O's for no goals.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Is it coming home?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think the Dutch will eat them up, but I hope I'm wrong. CR are in dreamland.

Tbh are the Dutch that much better than Italy, England or Uruguay? Without some key players as well

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a reminder we only need 1 goal in the next 11 matches or so to surpass 2010

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Frankston posted:

This is such a World Cup. I cringe when I think about how poo poo 2010 was. gently caress you South Africa.

Spain not winning has already made it better.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Thirteenth Step posted:

I wanted Greece to win but Costa Rica winning with a team of 10 literal cripples was great and i love this world cup

im going to have to go back to watching lovely West Brom again with our 3 players after this and it'll be such a come-down

a couple of weeks with no football will change this

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

cheese posted:

Those really were some nice penalties. 3 or 4 of them were in the roof of the net, ballsy stuff on a stage like this.

As much fun as these 120 minute games are the players all looked completely gassed by the end. Wonder if we will see any affects of that when Costa Rica takes on the Dutch.

Doubt it, they dont play until saturday

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Thirteenth Step posted:

Do you still like Odemwingie op? He's been great so far.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
oh lord I can't take much more of this World Cup mates

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hegay posted:

Tbh are the Dutch that much better than Italy, England or Uruguay? Without some key players as well

Who are they missing? But yeah, they are.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

MagicCube posted:

If anyone is interested I will make a big effortpost in the 'new fans thread' about why they use X's for goals and O's for no goals.

please dont. its fine to do because maybe someone is following the thread and not watching tv or a stream but lets leave it at that

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Robben might get a ban for admitting he took a dive right? Pretty sure I heard a journo talk about how some South American countries are talking about how FIFA must take action, like they did against Suarez or some poo poo

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

at least one CR made it to the quarterfinals

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

He's a dick and I hate him when it comes to club football but he's still a good player and he's looked great for Nigeria.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Fag Boy Jim posted:

oh lord I can't take much more of this World Cup mates

it's beyond my wildest dreams young gay jim

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

lol nice

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
These ITV graphics sure are something, the Simulated fans, the outreached hand. Fantastic stuff.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Mr. Mambold posted:

It still makes me lol about his deadline day car park stunt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

someone gif that save thanks in advance

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I hope Joel Campbell is getting IV fluids and O2 in the locker room cause drat!

saihttam posted:

Doubt it, they dont play until saturday
Fair point, I forgot that the gap in games got so large. Group stage is always so frantic in comparison.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

tbp posted:

I like the guy that posted all the penalties in backwards X and O order so I could do a logic puzzle to figure out who won instead of watching it

it was some really bad posting for sure

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hegay posted:

Robben might get a ban for admitting he took a dive right? Pretty sure I heard a journo talk about how some South American countries are talking about how FIFA must take action, like they did against Suarez or some poo poo

That would be.....interesting.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Thirteenth Step posted:

Spain not winning has already made it better.
Spain went out in the group stage.
Italy went out in the group stage.
England got one point.
Mexico choked in the Round of 16.
Luis Suarez did something retarded again and it probably cost Uruguay a chance of going past the Round of 16.

All of the above things are pretty great.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fag Boy Jim posted:

it was some really bad posting for sure

:twisted:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Quality penalties

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

No joke, every single time someone said CR itt I thought "but he's out...". So: lol

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I almost loving died friends

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

The Finn posted:

those were all v well taken pens with one excellent save making the difference

that save was lovely wasnt it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Drogadon posted:

I almost loving died friends

I want you fuckers to win it all go on

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
the dutch are poo poo and i hope that CR destroys them

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Hegay posted:

Would be super dumb concidering that he was also denied a penalty when he deserved one once before his "dive". The Mexicans foot was inside and over Robbens, the ball was long gone. It was a legit penalty, now stop whining about it. Mexico really had it coming given it was the third time they tried tripping him.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Alexei Lalas is infuriated about water breaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
when 10-man Costa Rica were gassed as poo poo in ET with no subs left I thought there was about a 1% chance they would win, what a cup

• Locked thread