Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Objection your honor, Leading the Witness. At this point the movie is clearly Argo 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

It's going to be revealed that he's been cast as Cyborg and the internet is going to lose its loving mind over the whitewashing. Then, just an hour later, everyone will collectively remember that nobody gives a poo poo about Cyborg.

EDIT: Like others have said, the little bit of Drax from that video was great. I think playing him as a slight meathead would work pretty well, and it could be done without ruining the character.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 27, 2014

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i like tacos posted:

Here's even more footage and actually shows Drax talking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnlY24m9tD8

The guy from Parks and Recreation is Peter Quill? :wotwot:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

You know, Batista actually sounded pretty ok in that admittedly tiny-rear end clip. He actually successfully delivered a joke!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Batista never really had trouble on the stick. Just don't ask him to wrestle.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I can't wait for the fight scene where Drax gets winded a minute in and Ronan has to clumsily cover him as they move from spot to spot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DFu4ever posted:

It's going to be revealed that he's been cast as Cyborg and the internet is going to lose its loving mind over the whitewashing. Then, just an hour later, everyone will collectively remember that nobody gives a poo poo about Cyborg

I guess it's true that no one cares because Cyborg has been cast months ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The MSJ posted:

Not Khary Payton, don't care.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

The MSJ posted:

Hank Henshaw is in that movie too?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

I wonder if it's more of Affleck stretching his influence. They should give him a decent role cos Scoot McNairy is great.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Latino Review thinks he's Nightwing which really doesn't fit, but I can see him as Hal Jordan or Barry Allen

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are the Flash and Green Arrow TV series separate from DC's movie continuity?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Metal Loaf posted:

Are the Flash and Green Arrow TV series separate from DC's movie continuity?

Yes. They are their own thing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Waterhaul posted:

Yes. They are their own thing.

If DC/WB/CW/whoever were smart, they would use this as an opportunity to do a Crisis-style cross-universe movie.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This is shaping up to be one heck of a trial.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Here's a good look at Ronan

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Hakkesshu posted:

He looks like he didn't have a spoon for his Snack Pack.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Chill Penguin posted:

If DC/WB/CW/whoever were smart, they would use this as an opportunity to do a Crisis-style cross-universe movie.

Boy are you in for a *potential* treat.

Dacap posted:

Latino Review thinks he's Nightwing which really doesn't fit, but I can see him as Hal Jordan or Barry Allen

Why not a villain? http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06/27/batman-v-superman-scoot-mcnairy-cast-as-the-joker-1604228?lt_source=external,manual#!4REvm

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I really doubt they would use Joker before a standalone Bat film but he could be another villain. Perhaps the muscle for Luther, Metallo maybe?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dacap posted:

I really doubt they would use Joker before a standalone Bat film but he could be another villain. Perhaps the muscle for Luther, Metallo maybe?

I think it's pretty obvious that he's playing Rosario Dawson playing Daredevil.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Dacap posted:

Honestly, I'm not sure that doing a very Joker-Centric Batman movie is really a good idea because The Dark Knight really cut down to the core of his relationship with Batman. Having a team-up with another villain is probably the only way I could see him working.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

He is Superboy Prime

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

He is Superboy Prime

Just cameo cast Dan Didio for that role

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Full big hero 6 roster:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I want to see Michael Bay's BAYMAX.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Dan Didio posted:

I want to see Michael Bay's BAYMAX.

No it's like IMAX except random seats have c-4 underneath them.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

prefect posted:

The guy from Parks and Recreation is Peter Quill? :wotwot:

"I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos..."

Ok, that got a laugh out of me.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

Rough Lobster posted:

"I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos..."

Ok, that got a laugh out of me.

What's even better is it's 80's Full House Stamos, where he was billed as the rebel. He drove a motorcycle, had long hair, and was in a rock band for heavens sake! Can't get much more rebel than that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://instagram.com/p/p4O1YsxDxD/?modal=true

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hakkesshu posted:

This isn't actually Ronan, is it? It looks like an action figure.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

DynamicSloth posted:

Full big hero 6 roster:

Hiro looks exactly like Hiccup with black hair.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Raserys posted:

Hiro looks exactly like Hiccup with black hair.

I'm pretty sure it's a fake.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

TwoPair posted:

And NYC isn't really that crime-ridden, but we're in TV-land (well, Netflix-land, but whatever) where every big city just turns into a total murderous shithole the minute the sun goes down.

Well thank god Yellowjacket isn't Pym then. I'm so tired of comics retreading the same ground of "Pym's so fuckin' bonkers" that having a movie do that same thing would just be saddening

I would kill to see the infamous slap in MCU form

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Race Realists posted:

I would kill to see the infamous slap in MCU form

Back when everybody had Simon Pegg figured for the lead I could see it becoming a running gag where he was always accidentally hitting Jan and it being funny.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 2, 2014

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

SirDan3k posted:

Back when everybody had Simon Pegg figured for the lead I could see it becoming a running gag where he was always accidentally hitting Jan and it being funny.

It's horrible, but I want to see it now. And every time, someone walks in just at the wrong moment.

Janet and Hank are sparring, someone walks in and distracts Janet, letting him get in an easy shot. The person only sees the defenseless hit and rushes to Janet's side. "It's OK", she pleads. "He didn't mean it."

Hank and Janet celebrate some scientific milestone with drinks. They decide to really celebrate and break out the champagne. Being a bit tipsy, the cork is not discharged safely and pops Janet right in the eye. The next day she walks in where ever, with big sunglasses. When confronted about her shiner, she tells the truth. "It was an accident. We got a little drunk and he slipped is all."

Hank is off facing down the big boss and Janet, needing something to distract her from thinking about how her husband is in mortal danger, starts cleaning the lab. She gets called away by a phone call mid clean by a concerned friend, worried about all the "accidents" that keep happening. Suddenly, a bruised and bloodied (but victorious) Ant Man comes through the door. "Oh my God! Hank! No!" Janet screams and races to embrace her husband, dropping the phone. There's a crash, as she trips over a stray mop and tumbles head first into a doorknob. The concerned friend, hearing this, races over to help Janet. Janet answers the door, with a bruised and swollen face. When asked what happened, she simply replies that "It's totally my fault. I forgot to put the mop away."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mmmmm that GotG soundtrack...

1. Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling
2. Raspberries - Go All the Way
3. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
4. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
5. Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love
6. 10Cc - I'm Not in Love
7. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
8. Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
9. The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
10. Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
11. The Five Stairsteps - O-O-H Child
12. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Lmao hell yes let's keep the domestic violence jokes coming ftmfw!!!

E: for some content, here's some Ant-Man casting: http://www.mtv.com/news/1859635/dar...Fmovies%2Ffull+(MTV+Movies)

Chill Penguin fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 2, 2014

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Mmmmm that GotG soundtrack...

1. Blue Swede - Hooked on a Feeling
2. Raspberries - Go All the Way
3. Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
4. David Bowie - Moonage Daydream
5. Elvin Bishop - Fooled Around and Fell in Love
6. 10Cc - I'm Not in Love
7. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
8. Redbone - Come and Get Your Love
9. The Runaways - Cherry Bomb
10. Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
11. The Five Stairsteps - O-O-H Child
12. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Man, 10 year old Peter Quill had great taste in music. Best thing about the soundtrack, though?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 2, 2014

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

A lot of jokes about how it would be hilarious if everyone thought Janet was being savagely abused by her husband.

Dude, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It can be funny in limited context. The episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where people keep catching Larry David in compromising situations with his wife Cheryl when he hasn't actually done anything is hilarious. But that's because the joke is about how people perceive Larry. The version posted above seems to be more "boy domestic violence sure is hilarious! Hey what if Jan made a joke about being told something twice?"

• Locked thread