Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ehhh forget it

EDIT : Aw poo poo new page.

So... Should I do an Adventure while I am low level so I get a feel for them before I do the veteran versions at max level?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jun 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Psykmoe posted:

/\ Have you ever considered letting paragraphs into your life?

Anyway, news from the housing front:

Goddamn. Did you just use a REALLY big bookcase?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Goddamn. Did you just use a REALLY big bookcase?

It is an empty bar cabinet :v:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
On the PvP side I'm pretty sad that there are only two Battlegrounds. It's such a tiny tiny amount and I don't really enjoy either of them so I find myself never PvPing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The Dominion isn't evil for evil's sake: there's a whole backstory of how they basically made the lives if every Exile member miserable. They created a terrible caste system for humans, nearly conquered the granok, are basically destroying the Aurin homeworld, and well the Mordesh have nobody but themselves to blame for their mess.

I don't mind seeing individual Dominion characters being decent people that have just been raised on propaganda their entire lives, but I don't want a bunch of false equivalence bullshit about how both sides are just as bad. And poo poo, is cartoon villainy really that terrible when the game is basically a giant sci-fi cartoon that isn't taking itself all that seriously?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

How can you take the plot seriously when in one of the first quests you can get (on Crimson Isle) a space hamster asks you to enact revenge on his behalf while he's being cooked alive?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Jack Trades posted:

How can you take the plot seriously when in one of the first quests you can get (on Crimson Isle) a space hamster asks you to enact revenge on his behalf while he's being cooked alive?

That quest gave the Chuas a lot of credit. He was literally cooked all the way through but he still wants to fight.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rorus Raz posted:

I don't mind seeing individual Dominion characters being decent people that have just been raised on propaganda their entire lives, but I don't want a bunch of false equivalence bullshit about how both sides are just as bad. And poo poo, is cartoon villainy really that terrible when the game is basically a giant sci-fi cartoon that isn't taking itself all that seriously?

The Dominion are the Toads from Bucky O'Hare.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Zephyrine posted:

That quest gave the Chuas a lot of credit. He was literally cooked all the way through but he still wants to fight.

And hes more annoyed that they used too much salt! :haw:

E: VVV Chua was cooked once, chua got better.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 30, 2014

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Thyrork posted:

And hes more annoyed that they used too much salt! :haw:

Chuas do not mess around.

He needs to return in quest hub somewhere.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013

Commissar Budgie posted:

Anyone who says Scientist isn't the best path is lying. I tanked Sanctuary of the Swordmaiden the other day and stealthed through the jump puzzle, then just summoned the whole group at the other end. :smug:

Scientist is an awesome path due to it's benefits. Leveling it on the other hand is a nightmare.

Unlucky7 posted:

So... Should I do an Adventure while I am low level so I get a feel for them before I do the veteran versions at max level?
If you're solo, I would just skip the 5mans when leveling. That poo poo is just no fun and really lovely experience with bad pubs.

Lionguild fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 30, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I just gave up on doing Hycrest at the 'proper' level. Only so many times you can be the only person in a group that avoids the giant gently caress-off search light before it gets annoying.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

Lionguild posted:

Scientist is an awesome path due to it's benefits. Leveling it on the other hand is a nightmare.

The best part about Scientist are the extra Galactic Library entries with sassy scanbot annotations.

Yes, Scanbot is a real character with entertaining writing Carbine never tells you about.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Don't spell surge charged shot, it just makes it charge faster with no effect on the damage. I like surging rapid fire, but some people swear by surged ignite or assassinate.

Huh? Surge it anyways unless you feel like sitting there for an hour.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rhymenoserous posted:

Huh? Surge it anyways unless you feel like sitting there for an hour.

Surging Charged shot barely costs anything anyway.

I surge it for convenience.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Psykmoe posted:

The best part about Scientist are the extra Galactic Library entries with sassy scanbot annotations.

Yes, Scanbot is a real character with entertaining writing Carbine never tells you about.
Scanbot makes me enjoy scientist path because he wants to murder you in your sleep.

Scanbot is not afraid of the danger involved in scanning this creature because user cares for scanbot and would not simply let scanbot be destroyed then copy scanbot's memories into a new body and wipe the memory of repeated destruction.

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Strain devspeak is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eAso4-mIqg

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
They really like to straddle the line between sounding like casual, actual people and full-on meme spouting, don't they?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Don't spell surge charged shot, it just makes it charge faster with no effect on the damage.
Not being able to use any other abilities for an additional second does something to your damage...

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

SumYungGui posted:

Scanbot makes me enjoy scientist path because he wants to murder you in your sleep.

Scanbot is not afraid of the danger involved in scanning this creature because user cares for scanbot and would not simply let scanbot be destroyed then copy scanbot's memories into a new body and wipe the memory of repeated destruction.

I'm at the end of Hycrest with two characters and haven't read anything that was longer than a sentence, but this tickled my fancy. Is all the lore scanbot unlocks commented like that?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm debating between medic and engineer as my second class. Warrior has been really fun up to 42 so far but I think I need a small break with another class. I suppose I also have a stalker that I've been playing with but I'm not sure how similar that's going to be to warrior. Engineer seems fun because I can tank if need be (since warrior is currently useless for it) and I hate myself just enough to try to heal on a medic. Thoughts?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Saxophone posted:

I'm debating between medic and engineer as my second class. Warrior has been really fun up to 42 so far but I think I need a small break with another class. I suppose I also have a stalker that I've been playing with but I'm not sure how similar that's going to be to warrior. Engineer seems fun because I can tank if need be (since warrior is currently useless for it) and I hate myself just enough to try to heal on a medic. Thoughts?

Might as well finish the 50 push before you altitis it. At least, that is what I'm telling myself at lvl 27 with my SpellSlinger. Mages be so squishy :(

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Donnerberg posted:

I'm at the end of Hycrest with two characters and haven't read anything that was longer than a sentence, but this tickled my fancy. Is all the lore scanbot unlocks commented like that?

A fair portion of it. Some of it is general comments, but I'd say the majority of it is stuff along the lines of "of course scanbot can understand what the buzzbings are saying anyway, but scanbot is pretty sure user would not want to know as user is sensitive about user's appearance and buzzbings can be surprisingly catty" or him cataloguing the things he hopes you are one day punished for.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Is anyone else getting "Network Error: Unable to Connect" when they try to log in? Trying to get my usual lunch-break fix but I'm seeing this on both my work box and my home box (I remoted into the home one to check).

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Just went down for supposedly 10 minutes.

Edit: MMO Dev minutes can be pretty long.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 30, 2014

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Double Monocle posted:

Posting here because screw asking randomly in guild.
Dominion, Warbringer.

Looking to start up some goon arena.
2s, 3s, even 5s if we get enough interest.

If you are looking for serious dedicated arena where there is spreadsheets and yelling this is not the place.

On the other hand, if your the dude complaining about how you cant turn fast enough with your keyboard... this probably isnt the place either.

Just looking for a group of goons to just sorta throw ourselves at arena pvp to have fun with it and maybe get some sweet purps.

I dont care about your gear or your spec or whatever as long as you hold your own. Pvp gear takes 2 hours top to get and we doing this for fun after all.

TinySpaceWizard in game.

The catch- I live in japan, so if your stateside my hours are gonna be really weird for you.

I would be down for this, but it depends on your hours. What kind of crazy hours are we talking about here? I'm in Central North America.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Virigoth posted:

Might as well finish the 50 push before you altitis it. At least, that is what I'm telling myself at lvl 27 with my SpellSlinger. Mages be so squishy :(

Slot a utility heal, the only thing I have issues with is primes, and the only folks I know that handle those effortlessly are engineers and sometimes medics.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Slot a utility heal, the only thing I have issues with is primes, and the only folks I know that handle those effortlessly are engineers and sometimes medics.

Espers make primes look like chumps between a root that goes through IA, a self-healing spammable dps move that outranges melee autos, a dash that self-heals, and an absorption innate (pretty much the same skillset that makes the class king overlord of being obnoxious in 1v1 fights). I actually have a harder time with primes on my engineer alt than I did as an esper but a lot of that is trying to use my innate on engineer for absorbs (this does not work with the dps innate of course). Also because Engineers don't have a forward dash skill :negative:.

Also best NPC in the game is hands down the Osun Blood Pit Announcer in the KV instance.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Zephyrine posted:

(like eating vegan to save the cows except the cows only exist in captivity and if we all went vegan then cows would go extinct)

Loved the way you squeezed in your opinion on veganism as a matter of fact in this analysis of video game morality. :rolleyes:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Strain Drop is scheduled for "later this week" so please look forward to spamming /strain at pubbies during the 4th of July weekend.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Doublestep posted:

Strain Drop is scheduled for "later this week" so please look forward to spamming /strain at pubbies during the 4th of July weekend.

That Instigator goon mod is going to be just magic.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Sophism posted:

Loved the way you squeezed in your opinion on veganism as a matter of fact in this analysis of video game morality. :rolleyes:

It was the first one that came to mind of a group that does what feels right without the rationality.

Or maybe treehuggers that don't realise that trees used for paper are planted for the purpose?

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Maybe you might want to create your own shower thoughts/chua vore fanfic forum to save this thread from some of these posts! :ohdear:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

It was the first one that came to mind of a group that does what feels right without the rationality.

Or maybe treehuggers that don't realise that trees used for paper are planted for the purpose?

Ironically posted by someone with an Aurin avatar.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Zoness posted:

Ironically posted by someone with an Aurin avatar.

Our love for trees is of a purely sexual nature so no hugging is involved.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
Is this Strain update going to have something for all levels, or is a 50-only update?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Koth posted:

Is this Strain update going to have something for all levels, or is a 50-only update?

It's a mostly 50s patch, but all levels will enjoy the balance changes and /strain

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Koth posted:

The new hoverboard costs something like 180 platinum for all the bells and whistles or something absurd like that. I'm not sure who that is aimed for, unless it's to help out gold sellers to justify their selling of gold.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Pesterchum posted:

The new hoverboard costs something like 180 platinum for all the bells and whistles or something absurd like that. I'm not sure who that is aimed for, unless it's to help out gold sellers to justify their selling of gold.

CREDD is cheaper than the gold sellers. Hth.
I make 4-5 Plat a week so far, and I mostly just vendor my gathering mats and donate BoEs, patterns, and AMPs to the gbank. I don't think it's unreasonable to come to the conclusion that there are probably a fair few people that have that kind of cash. Plus it pulls that straight out of circulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Saxophone posted:

CREDD is cheaper than the gold sellers. Hth.
I make 4-5 Plat a week so far, and I mostly just vendor my gathering mats and donate BoEs, patterns, and AMPs to the gbank. I don't think it's unreasonable to come to the conclusion that there are probably a fair few people that have that kind of cash. Plus it pulls that straight out of circulation.

I do pretty much the same thing, I'm averaging about a plat a day once you factor in dailies.

On the other hand money flits through my hands like a sieve (I invest a lot in decorating my plot).

• Locked thread