Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

skipThings posted:

Is that all ?
I had hoped they were having some Islamophobic rants or at least more Westrome wankfests.

Well here have some classic Erik W.

Erik W posted:

Ahm... I think that you are in the wrong mod buddy. This is an historical mod, not a fantasy coastal/river thing mod. We aim to recreate history and ahistory within the realm of plausibility and realism, not to spin into fantasy.

Erik W posted:

Game mechanics before historical accuracy? That is not a very good attitude, as we are creating a historical mod. And besides, there seems to have not been any resistance to Theodoric in Dalmatia, as all the battles in that war were fought in Italy.

This is the guy that wants Theodoric to be the WRE by default, and have any germano-roman be able to be emperor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Is there anyway to fix that bug where you inherit rebellion titles?

I've had it kill 2 ironman saves.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

skipThings posted:

Is that all ?
I had hoped they were having some Islamophobic rants or at least more Westrome wankfests.

This map modder is actually great, it's just.. he apparently just read a wikipedia article about an obscure and temporarily rich kingdom, and decided to go all-in.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Goast posted:

Is there anyway to fix that bug where you inherit rebellion titles?

I've had it kill 2 ironman saves.

Last two beta patches have it fixed. Just loading your game with them should be enough to fix the problem.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sulla posted:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...=1#post17647652

Well, poo poo...there goes the 480 AD mod. Any other alternatives?

The province map, for all to see.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Ahaha what a wreck.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

I'm trying to change succession laws, but I still have vassals fighting each other. I have medium crown authority; shouldn't that prevent vassals from fighting?

Crown authority doesn't prevent the vassals of your vassals from rebelling against your vassals due to things like attempted revocations, nor does it prevent faction or plot wars.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

Crown authority doesn't prevent the vassals of your vassals from rebelling against your vassals due to things like attempted revocations, nor does it prevent faction or plot wars.

Oh well, I guess gavelkind's not that bad.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Hey Ofaloaf how far did your fall of Rome mod get? I need a modder that won't go off the deep end to give me my Gothic fix.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Shadeoses posted:

wtf

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I love the idea of making the garamantes ludicrously powerful as I have spent whole winters digging up their ludicrously lovely provinces and their phenomenally awesome irrigation networks. They were like a bead obsessed landlocked trading empire - the one thing that the game still doesn't support.

I want more bead events paradox!!!!! All of our transactions must involve beads in some way! Beeeeeeeeeaaaaaads! Garamantian beeaaads!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Shadeoses posted:

Person cramming 100+ provinces into the northern edge of Sahara, in order to represent oasis forts. They are about as dense as the ones in Italy, and much denser than the ones along the African coastline.
The moment modders start adding provinces to the default map and it's not an optional map or not justified by some provinces "making it hard to select your troop/fleet" (i am looking at you Amalfi), you know the mod is going to turn into a shitstorm of wasted efforts and useless nice ducal borders discussions. Which remind me, any news from the new ck2plus?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poo poo! This is awful! I deposed Queen Dagmar the Cruel because she was hellbent on revoking my titles and couldnt kill her off, putting the child-queen Ida on the throne. Her regent did a great job and swept up huge swaths of Pomerania into Denmark, but then she had to go and convert to christianity! This wouldnt do, so I joined in the plot to bump her off.

Unfortunately, who's next in line for the throne? Fukken Dagmar, with a solid -100 opinion of me and she's inherited the 8k armies that Ida was using to conquer europe. Fuuuuuuck!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I woke up to the news of the new caliphate in Iraq and I could only think "cool, now they can use the jihad CB to take the whole Syria at once"

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Toplowtech posted:

The moment modders start adding provinces to the default map and it's not an optional map or not justified by some provinces "making it hard to select your troop/fleet" (i am looking at you Amalfi), you know the mod is going to turn into a shitstorm of wasted efforts and useless nice ducal borders discussions. Which remind me, any news from the new ck2plus?

The plan is currently to release when Paradox finalises 2.1.5, and bug fix until then. I've found the dev version pretty stable and playable but some people are reporting CTDs that are tricky to pin down due to nut-quite-adequate logging tools, so YMMV.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 30, 2014

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Shadeoses posted:

It really can't be said enough: I love the Garamantes and all, but all of these new provinces have maybe 100,000 even in the modern day, if they're lucky.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Shadeoses posted:

Took me a while to recognize it's the North African part of the map. :psyduck:

Edit: I'm trying to imagine conquering any of that, let alone all the courtiers the game will generate for a hundred extra courts. :psyduck:

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 30, 2014

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I, the emperor of Hispania, got imprisoned via event by my vassal and son, the king of Aragon. Apparently I wasn't discreet enough in cuckolding him and he caught me making out with his wife and decided to throw us both in the dungeon for a couple of weeks. He allowed me out for the princely sum of 345 gold.

Also I learned you can ask the pope for gold. If you can take the -50 rep hit he'll give you nearly a thousand gold! I've funded 3 universities with papal gold. Thanks Catholicism!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

I woke up to the news of the new caliphate in Iraq and I could only think "cool, now they can use the jihad CB to take the whole Syria at once"

Did you take a gander at the new thread title of the middle-east thread in D&D? :v:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Clanpot Shake posted:

I, the emperor of Hispania, got imprisoned via event by my vassal and son, the king of Aragon. Apparently I wasn't discreet enough in cuckolding him and he caught me making out with his wife and decided to throw us both in the dungeon for a couple of weeks. He allowed me out for the princely sum of 345 gold.

Also I learned you can ask the pope for gold. If you can take the -50 rep hit he'll give you nearly a thousand gold! I've funded 3 universities with papal gold. Thanks Catholicism!

The amount of money the pope gives you depends on your yearly income, so if you are only a count you won't get much gold from him.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Clanpot Shake posted:

As the doge of amalfi I somehow got imprisoned by a random Byzantine duke for all of my adulterous ways. It really seems like trade republic leaders have a lot of affairs. I guess papa is out of town a lot on business.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Shadeoses posted:

30 provinces, with 4 holdings each, would "work" for that if they really insisted, is this gonna be 115 1-holding provinces? :psyduck:

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Rumda posted:

Hey Ofaloaf how far did your fall of Rome mod get? I need a modder that won't go off the deep end to give me my Gothic fix.
Stopped working on that again when it seemed like Enlil had a good head on his shoulders and was ignoring whatever that one Swede was saying, in favor of working on the postapocalyptic America project and then faffing off last week because I finally got poo poo with the steam sale. Did a bit more work on it yesterday, added some more flags based upon Notitia Dignitatum shields and variations thereof. And slipped in some modern designs, too. The Duchy of Batavia's flag is the modern Dutch Air Force roundel.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Popped out of this game to play EU4 and come back to find out Ironman still seems unplayable. I hear that 6months autosave has been implemented but I can't find an option for it, do I need to start a brand new Ironman campaign for this to be selectable? Also how long does autosaving take for you guys on SSDs?

edit; found the answer. it isn't a seperate option for it, my bad

Pierson fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 30, 2014

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It makes sense to do that if you want there to be tons of low-power, poor provinces, making it a weirdly fractious region. It looks like it'll be awful for just about everything else, in particular micromanaging and performance.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Lawman 0 posted:

Did you take a gander at the new thread title of the middle-east thread in D&D? :v:

Just saw it LOL

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Shadeoses posted:

How the gently caress could anyone think this is a good idea? :psyboom:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
So the patch is finally out of beta:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?786431-Crusader-Kings-II-2.1.5-PATCH-RELEASED-Checksum-EQEG-NOT-for-problem-reports!
No changes from the last beta patch, besides some Spanish text being added.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Bishop Rodan posted:

How the gently caress could anyone think this is a good idea? :psyboom:

Enlil posted:

Yeah, they new provinces really don't detract from the game, and your two days late in telling me to stop. I have worked almost constantly on making these work, they look fine in game, they don't cause lag, and they enable more historically accurate borders for Languantan and Austorani. Also important nations like the Gaetulians and Garamantes wouldn't be able to be represented, and you really should have said something before I finished 78 of the provinces. I don't see how I am adding tons of "tiny" provinces if you'd simply look and France or Iberia. Giant provinces are even more distasteful, and people complain on the forums about how the counties in the Steppes, Finaland, and Scandinavia are to big. If I made large provinces, there would be complaining all the same. And for the converter, I will gladly add cultures, countries, ideas, and provinces to make it work.Its not worth making this mod less accurate to save me work later, because sooner or later, I will have to add the new provinces, because I can't ignore powers like the Garamantes and Gaetulians.

Enlil posted:

The problem is, larger provinces are not as good as representing desert. With smaller provinces, we can have much smaller sets of duchies, making any progress into the desert more difficult, and save for their fortified oasis cities, it makes fighting in the desert a long and attrition filled set of long sieges.

Well then have to be in somehow and if you wanted to stop this you should've said something before I put all this work into it, guys.

e:

Darkrenown posted:

So the patch is finally out of beta:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?786431-Crusader-Kings-II-2.1.5-PATCH-RELEASED-Checksum-EQEG-NOT-for-problem-reports!
No changes from the last beta patch, besides some Spanish text being added.
Anything modders should keep an eye out for when updating to this from the last non-beta patch?

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 30, 2014

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

Popped out of this game to play EU4 and come back to find out Ironman still seems unplayable. I hear that 6months autosave has been implemented but I can't find an option for it, do I need to start a brand new Ironman campaign for this to be selectable? Also how long does autosaving take for you guys on SSDs?

edit; found the answer. it isn't a seperate option for it, my bad

For my local iron man saves it only takes 2-3 seconds mostly, though in my mongol game where I have 95% of the world it takes like a minute. This is with an SSD.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
What happens if i claim Rome on behalf of my anti-pope? Will he still be my bitch?

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Your antipope will become the pope and, if you're an emperor, your vassal.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Dongattack posted:

What happens if i claim Rome on behalf of my anti-pope? Will he still be my bitch?
He'll be your vassal if you're an emperor, since empires are the only thing that can have vassal kingdoms. Otherwise, he'll absolutely love you, but he'll be independent and the next Pope could be who the gently caress knows.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of the Pope he can give out Invasion CBs right? If I get bored of trying to chip away at [x] kingdom that's the same size/smaller than me and thus I can't invade them normally, I can butter up the pope and hope he likes me enough than the other guy to give me that casus?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
^^^ I think the target has to be larger than you, and you not over a certain size.

Ofaloaf posted:

Anything modders should keep an eye out for when updating to this from the last non-beta patch?

If you mean does this break mods in a certain way, I'm afraid I don't know. If you're wondering about new mod thingies:

quote:

MODDING:
- demesne_size modifier is now possible to set in laws
- Added demesne_size modifier (incremental, not multiplicative)
- Added local_speed_modifier
- PAPAL_SUCCESSION_PASS_ON_HOLDINGS to defines
- PAPAL_SUCCESSION_LOSE_MINOR_TITLES to defines
- Split ARMY_LOAD_UNLOAD_MOVE_COST into two separate defines
- Added on action on_create_title
- Added on action on_settlement_looted
- Added on action on_navy_returns_with_loot
- Added on action on_new_holder_usurpation
- Added on action on_new_holder_inheritance
- Added on action on_new_holder
- Added <religion>_opinion for Hindu, Jain, Buddhism, Indian, Orthodox, Pagan and Aztec
- Added moddable opinion for brother
- Added moddable opinion for half-brother
- Added moddable opinion for sister
- Added moddable opinion for half-sister
- Added moddable opinion for grandfather
- Added moddable opinion for grandmother
- Added moddable opinion for grandchild
- Added moddable opinion for uncle
- Added moddable opinion for aunt
- Added moddable opinion for nephew
- Added moddable opinion for niece
- Untangled and made cardinal election moddable
- Now possible to mod papal succession to not lose holdings or minor religious titles
- Added dynasty_head scope
- Added history command disallow_random_traits
- Added set_graphical_culture effect
- Added effect scope any_allied_character
- Added effect scope random_allied_character
- Added remove_nickname effect
- Added is_variable_equal trigger
- Added is_looting trigger
- Added is_looting_in trigger
- Added num_of_max_settlements trigger
- Added num_of_empty_holdings trigger
- Added borders_major_river trigger
- Added trigger is_allied_with
- Added trigger scope any_allied_character
- check_variable trigger now take a scope or second variable as a right-side argument
- Added subtract_variable, multiply_variable and divide_variable effects
- All variable effects now take a scope or second variable as right-side argument

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

When I loaded my save with the last patch, the game decided that in a good number of holdings there was a construction going on when there wasn't so now i can't build anything in them.

Oddly enough it isn't a general thing, it doesn't affect everything, just a subset I can't get a handle on, even after hoping about with console commands.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
That Eric W guy in the 480 AD mod is a loving idiot.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chef Boyardee posted:

That Eric W guy in the 480 AD mod is a loving idiot.

So is Enlil, apparently. It would have been way smarter to add one more line of similarly sized provinces south of the existing ones and had crazy desert effects w/r/t attrition to foreign armies. The "Fortified Oasis Towns" were, in all likelihood, poo poo compared to European fortifications in terms of size and durability (especially when it would come ot resisting larger armies, because garisson forces would not be especially large), so adding 110+ provinces because they were "Fortified Oasis Towns" is a loving joke

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Large provinces don't represent deserts as well as small ones? The gently caress?

Having a big area that takes ages to get across and provides only as much resources as a much smaller non desert province seems a pretty good representation to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

So is Enlil, apparently. It would have been way smarter to add one more line of similarly sized provinces south of the existing ones and had crazy desert effects w/r/t attrition to foreign armies. The "Fortified Oasis Towns" were, in all likelihood, poo poo compared to European fortifications in terms of size and durability (especially when it would come ot resisting larger armies, because garisson forces would not be especially large), so adding 110+ provinces because they were "Fortified Oasis Towns" is a loving joke

No kidding, especially since 300 years in it will be abandoned wastes.

• Locked thread