Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

That's page 68, the page number and the link numbers are offset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
You'd really think there's got to be some way to turn it off, at least temporarily. "Nope, sorry, you've accidentally awakened your latent ghost powers now you have to put up with all this weird junk touching you forever, PS you might get crushed by a giant space whale and your non-ghostly friends and family will have no idea what the hell just happened and there's nothing you can do about it."

That does sound very Paranatural though, so who knows.

Tangentially, dead space whales reminds me of Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. Not enough to want to go watch it again, of course, but

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Maybe this happens semi-regularly, which is why knowledge of the paranatural is not very widespread and everyone seems pretty terrible at it. Every few decades anyone with paranatural abilities dies of smooshing/sudden space journeys.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Pretty sure he's just saying "Yes, definitely" because that's a fun and absurd scenario/question. Giant space whales are unlikely to make an appearance crushing all spectrals on Earth.

Besides, you might as well ask the same thing about asteroids and how they exist out in space and could theoretically destroy all life on Earth if they hit us. Unless space is packed cheek-to-jowl with spirit whales it's probably no more dangerous than that.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Dolash posted:

Unless space is packed cheek-to-jowl with spirit whales

I'd prefer to assume that this is the case. Some spectral cosmonaut is gonna get out there and see a sea of giant space ghostblobs all knocking into each other.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Whalepocalypse is the best 'pocalypse.

Bizarro Buddha
Feb 11, 2007
As a jork.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Boss Leader, Best Leader.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Whose teeth are those???

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I wonder if Boss Leader has a real name or if she just happened to be born with the name Boss Leader.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

pik_d posted:

Whose teeth are those???

They're in Max's dream-mind-room-thingy. It's been shown that a persons spirits inhabit this room. It's gotta be Scrap Dragon. Bet it hates intruders that actually don't belong in its room.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Fecha posted:

I wonder if Boss Leader has a real name or if she just happened to be born with the name Boss Leader.

She was born Elizabeth Leader, Bess for short. Then one day a simple one-vowel typographical error provided the inspiration she needed to achieve her full potential...

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Boss Leader is the best. I hope she and Max get to keep interacting. It'd be amazing once he got used to having a strange woman in his dreams.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

Boss Leader is the best. I hope she and Max get to keep interacting. It'd be amazing once he got used to having a strange woman in his dreams.

He was already dreaming about his mom.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fecha posted:

We can't be told her real name yet, it'd totally spoil the twist that she's actually Ms. Baxter.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Cat Mattress posted:

We can't be told her real name yet, it'd totally spoil the twist that she's actually Ms. Baxter.
It says something about Zack that even as we spend a ton of time with the main characters I'm still thoroughly interested and want more time with the side characters. More Suzy and Miss Baxter are always completely welcome.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I'm only pretending to be a pajama suit wearing bozo!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Max's job will be to poke and prod at all the dumb things in the Consortium that none of the others have picked at before.

Also I assume whatever's moving in to take a bite of Boss Leader won't actually do any damage to her, it'd be a bit of an ignomious end to get bitten in half while saying "joke".

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
This last sequence has been really good, and the way Zach does rapid motion is pretty cool. I hope it's not being overused but I really like it with the redrawing in multiple positions thing so you know, that's just an observation about a thing I like about this cool comic.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Dolash posted:

Max's job will be to poke and prod at all the dumb things in the Consortium that none of the others have picked at before.

Also I assume whatever's moving in to take a bite of Boss Leader won't actually do any damage to her, it'd be a bit of an ignomious end to get bitten in half while saying "jork".

Fixed that for you.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Paramemetic posted:

This last sequence has been really good, and the way Zach does rapid motion is pretty cool. I hope it's not being overused but I really like it with the redrawing in multiple positions thing so you know, that's just an observation about a thing I like about this cool comic.

It's always struck me as odd that more comics don't do this, or something similar. It really makes those silver age walls of text stand out even more when nobody's facial expression changes while the run-on sentence they're spouting calls for at least three.

PS I need more Violet and Jeff in my life

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Paramemetic posted:

I thought that was her growing a second head for laughing with because she's horrifying like that.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Splicer posted:

I thought that was her growing a second head for laughing with because she's horrifying like that.

It could be, honestly

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Splicer posted:

It's not exactly something we haven't seen before.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Don't think it's a smear in that case. Zach's smears generally have lines of motion, partial outlines and less defined shapes, whereas with Boss Leader the two heads have none of those points.
I think it's two heads, but it's supposed to invoke the impression of a smear.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eh, look at her arms.

Also I gladly await the day we receive the plot revelation that Johnny is the true Mystery of Mayview :allears:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

horriblePencilist posted:

Don't think it's a smear in that case. Zach's smears generally have lines of motion, partial outlines and less defined shapes, whereas with Boss Leader the two heads have none of those points.
I think it's two heads, but it's supposed to invoke the impression of a smear.

Maybe the second head and the third arm in the second to last panel... are evil clones.,, just a fan theory, nbd......

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

BL is Zaphod Beeblebrox in disguise, it all makes sense now

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

BL is Zaphod Beeblebrox in disguise, it all makes sense now
That's highly improbable.

...oh no.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Johnny needs to show up again soon he's the best

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Update!

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=272

alt text: max isn't even listening he's just staring at the grudge sign

Scrapdragon! :ohdear:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I don't think that BL's going to kill Scrapdragon, but she does bring up a good point. We didn't even know about Grudges, and this means that there's a possibility that Scrapdragon can be tamed into something that's actually helpful to max.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If Max wanted a different spirit he could just swap his tool for one from the 'archives', surely.

Honestly if I were Max I'd've asked about those, checked if there were any sweeter powers.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

MikeJF posted:

If Max wanted a different spirit he could just swap his tool for one from the 'archives', surely.

Honestly if I were Max I'd've asked about those, checked if there were any sweeter powers.

He will be able to magnetize non-metals.

This is his full potential.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think it's a fine idea, Scrapdragon is just no good. Chop its head off now and let's find Max a nice new spirit.

Also Boss Leader is my favorite character.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jul 4, 2014

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Regy Rusty posted:

Boss Leader is probably Johnny's mom and they have a family of Rad Dudes What Love The Messin' With Nerds

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Regy Rusty posted:

I think it's a fine idea, Scrapdragon is just no good. Chop its head off now and let's find Max a nice new spirit.

Killing a spirit because it's not a good tool is the sort of attitude that Eightfold was criticizing in Isabel, and seems to be an issue in general with the Activity Consortium and spectrals. I'm guessing Max will be a bit uncomfortable with that and will opt to keep Scrapdragon.

It'd be interesting to learn more about what a Grudge is, exactly. I wonder if Spender knew about this and is just being his usual cagey self, or if this is another thing he's overlooked?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spender mentioned "the Grudge Process" a while back, I think in the last chapter.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Tollymain posted:

Spender mentioned "the Grudge Process" a while back, I think in the last chapter.

The very first chapter, actually. It's why the spirit suddenly turns all firey-like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay, so Scrapdragon presumably evolved from a snake spirit then(Codename: Scrapsnake). The real question is what scared it enough to evolve. Or maybe it just hit level 36.