Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Biff Rockgroin posted:

What I find funny about the people like Crowder who are happy about the Hobby Lobby decision is that now it's likely that birth control might be subsidized by the government, so now THEY get to pay for it via taxes.

They already would (and will) take our their wallet or checkbook and pony up directly to score rhetorical points and go 'heh, libs.' :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Eric, son of Eric is dissapointed you didn't bite on his first tweet so now he's reminding everyone that this was actually a victory for slut shamers and people who think pregnancy is a punishment:

quote:

My religion trumps your "right" to employer subsidized consequence free sex.
— @EWErickson

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

psychic chasms posted:

If today's latest installment of scotusghazi has you down, just pop over to the National Review's Facebook page for some knee-slappers courtesy of their new Dees-esque photoshop pal:

Gotta admit this one is pretty fresh, though.
It's always interesting to reverse search cropped or photoshopped images to find their origin. My Google-fu finds that it's this image:

Which was posted on Flickr back on August 28th, 2009 with the title "ms-13-mexican-gang-los-angeles".

Please note the "Los Angeles" part, because that didn't stop the photo from being used in a scare article this month about Mexican gang members possibly coming into this country. Protip: You guys missed the boat, they've been here for at least four years now you fuckheads (and that's assuming they're not citizens, but it's not like the right cares about that distinction).

Also those guys are not the children crossing the border, but you can't fearmonger very well if you use an actual picture like this:

Side note: If you can frame this issue in a Republican mindset, it is possible to change someone's opinion about this, it actually worked once for me: "God drat it they're risking everything to come to this country and make a life for themselves, that's that can-do American spirit that makes this the greatest loving country on earth. So welcome to America, we're a nation of immigrants; start teaching your kids English and apply for your Green Card/Citizenship as soon as you can, and enjoy your time here."

It's not just Rush who can spin stuff.:smug: Disclaimer: This may only work in Hispanic Majority areas like San Antonio where Hispanics aren't seen as "scary". Also you have to acquiesce to the "learn English" talking point.

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 1, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Every time I hear anti immigrant sentiment I want to start talking about the crazy french immigrant lady I saw in new york harbor waving a torch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm also waiting to see if anti-Walmart sentiment, after being concisely explained as a company on foodstamps that's profiting massively from foodstamps, is going to gain any traction on the right.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

fade5 posted:

Side note: If you can frame this issue in a Republican mindset, it is possible to change someone's opinion about this, it actually worked once for me: "God drat it they're risking everything to come to this country and make a life for themselves, that's that can-do American spirit that makes this the greatest loving country on earth. So welcome to America, we're a nation of immigrants; start teaching your kids English and apply for your Green Card/Citizenship as soon as you can, and enjoy your time here."

"What you don't love America enough that you'd cross a fence to be here? Ok comrade..."

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

fade5 posted:

It's not just Rush who can spin stuff.:smug:

I always play the "I admire these people because they remind me of my ancestors who fled religious persecution and my mother who escaped communist oppression" card. I'm about as whitebread as you can get, so it throws the xenophobes a curve when I use "admire" and connect contemporary immigrants to my pasty Euro heritage.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fade5 posted:

It's always interesting to reverse search cropped or photoshopped images to find their origin. My Google-fu finds that it's this image:

Which was posted on Flickr back on August 28th, 2009 with the title "ms-13-mexican-gang-los-angeles".

Please note the "Los Angeles" part, because that didn't stop the photo from being used in a scare article this month about Mexican gang members possibly coming into this country. Protip: You guys missed the boat, they've been here for at least four years now you fuckheads (and that's assuming they're not citizens, but it's not like the right cares about that distinction).

Also those guys are not the children crossing the border, but you can't fearmonger very well if you use an actual picture like this:

It's not just Rush who can spin stuff.:smug: Disclaimer: This may only work in Hispanic Majority areas like San Antonio where Hispanics aren't seen as "scary". Also you have to acquiesce to the "learn English" talking point.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gheen-immigrants-may-smile-you-they-hand-you-your-cheeseburger-they-really-want-you-and-your

Because apparently all Mexicans want to do is kill you and your WASP family because they are evil Communists.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't know if any of that work, since anti-immigrant people are mainly operating off of pure xenophobia. Hell I don't even know how you explain someone like my conservative uncle, who complains about immigrants on Facebook but is married to a woman from India.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mantis42 posted:

I don't know if any of that work, since anti-immigrant people are mainly operating off of pure xenophobia. Hell I don't even know how you explain someone like my conservative uncle, who complains about immigrants on Facebook but is married to a woman from India.

He might be of the mind that his wife is "a good immigrant who actually tried to assimilate"?

Where I live though there are plenty of rich Chinese and Indian engineers in Silicon Valley who are disgustingly racist and hate Mexicans and black people as much as your stereotypical redneck.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

fade5 posted:

Nah, works pretty well in New York. I use it all the time. You know, slow and contemplative-like.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He might be of the mind that his wife is "a good immigrant who actually tried to assimilate"?

Where I live though there are plenty of rich Chinese and Indian engineers in Silicon Valley who are disgustingly racist and hate Mexicans and black people as much as your stereotypical redneck.

At least for China it's because they have a "light skin = good" complex as bad as any WASP has ever had.

Also just in general it's perfectly logical for educated immigrants to oppose the immigration reform that's discussed because it's a bunch of poor people trying to get into the country.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm also waiting to see if anti-Walmart sentiment, after being concisely explained as a company on foodstamps that's profiting massively from foodstamps, is going to gain any traction on the right.

Unlikely. Walmart is just going after the opportunities wherever they are. We can't punish good business sense but if you really hate Walmart that much then you should help us vote food stamps out of existence because that would hurt Walmart's profits.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
So, in the aftermath of Alito's ejaculation, several right wing blogs have mentioned

quote:

Do yourself a favor: check to see whether the person that you’re arguing with on this subject knows that Hobby Lobby’s employee insurance plan included oral contraceptives. If s/he doesn’t believe that, bet them twenty dollars that you’re right; you might as well make money of the Left’s ignorance. Goodness knows the Democratic Establishment isn’t shy about doing just that.

http://moelane.com/2014/06/30/hobby-lobby-scotusblog-elizabeth-warren/

I can't find confirmation of this at all, nor why it is in past tense.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I imagine they had their health plan comply with the law until the case got resolved? It'd at least make sense.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

So, in the aftermath of Alito's ejaculation, several right wing blogs have mentioned

Hilariously enough, if I remember correctly, they even covered IUDs and possibly Plan B before the Obamacare overhaul actually. They looked at their books and saw that stuff and decided to squawk even though they had been paying for it for years. They just hadn't known it was in their plan. So, ironically, Obamacare's transparency with what's in your plan caused Hobby Lobby's moral outrage.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

I'm not following. Why would :ghost: "the Left" :ghost: be upset about that?

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

sleepingbuddha posted:

I immediately thought of this verse, which I have heard from conservative Christians as justification for owning guns.

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

—Luke 22:36, NIV

I always just chalked it up to lousy Bible continuity and editing, which is prevalent throughout the tales. However, when looking the verse up just now, I learned that Jesus was just putting on a show so he could get caught and executed, talk about a martyr complex!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sell_your_cloak_and_buy_a_sword

IIRC Jesus was knowingly fulfilling a prophecy where he had to get martyred in a particular manner(i.e. as a criminal/terrorist, hence swords).

It's not a martyr complex if you really are dying for our sins. :v:

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

HL's objection was to Plan B, not regular BC.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So basically Hobby Lobby's objection to contraception only started with the black president?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah I just don't see what HL hopes to gain by doing this. Unless they have so grand plan they are working towards.

This is one of the weirder court cases when it comes to actual results.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah I just don't see what HL hopes to gain by doing this. Unless they have so grand plan they are working towards.

This is one of the weirder court cases when it comes to actual results.

In all honesty supreme court cases against piles of inanimate objects have often resulted in greater changes.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Nintendo Kid posted:

In all honesty supreme court cases against piles of inanimate objects have often resulted in greater changes.

A Book Named "John Cleland's Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure" v. Attorney General of Massachusetts

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hazo posted:

I'm not following. Why would :ghost: "the Left" :ghost: be upset about that?

Yeah, I'm confused too. Is the point supposed to be that Hobby Lobby supports contraception? If so, what the gently caress was the point of all this?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Steven Crowder decided to go off on a tweetathon re: Birth Control or as he calls it Abortion Care

What kinds of 'feminist' gloats about loving over women's health care.

Meanwhile, here's what some actual women have to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStwVfygh9I

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 1, 2014

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Spacedad posted:

Your mistake is that you are conflating two unrelated concepts: "women" and "people." You need to get someone who counts - think white and male, and preferably republican since everyone else is an illegal alien here for the free health care and to took are jobs - to take up your side of the argument.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: ... Now, at first blush -- and I read one of the preparatory pieces about the Hobby Lobby case, and it was in the Drive-By Media. And of course the point made about it was that even if the court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, it was going to be very, very narrow. It was not going to be earth-shattering, it was not gonna be landmark, because it was only gonna affect a few corporations, those corporations which are called "closely held."

Now, what is a "closely held" corporation? It basically means when the owners run it. The Hobby Lobby is owned and operated by a family, not a gigantic public company with all kinds of stockholders and massive numbers of boards of directors. And so the court in that case said those companies have a right not to have their religious beliefs violated by federal legislation, in this case Obamacare, and the contraception mandate. Obamacare requires that all employers provide contraception insurance coverage to their employees. And the Hobby Lobby, "We don't believe in that. We don't believe in abortion. We don't believe in contraception and we don't believe the federal government can tell us that they can make us violate our religious views," and the Supreme Court agreed with them today.

Now, despite what many on the left are saying today, despite what you probably are gonna hear from a lot of people on the left, birth control is not what was banned by the Supreme Court. That's not what was on the docket, so to speak. In the Hobby Lobby case, narrow though it may be, the Supreme Court, by 5-4 majority decision, defended liberty. And it should be noted that even after this decision, birth control remains widely available. It is dirt cheap no matter where you want to go get it. The fact is, if you wanted to be entirely -- well, not entirely -- if you wanted to be somewhat negative about this, you could say that the most appalling thing about today's decision is that we had to even endure it, that we had to even go through this.

We had to sit on the edge of our seats to find out if people who own a for-profit company will also be allowed to exercise their religious views under our laws. The fact that that was up for grabs is an indication of where we are nationwide and where we're heading. I think it's just amazing, given that we're supposed to have freedom of religion enshrined in the Constitution, it should never have been an issue. The only reason it is because we have a political party today conducting an all-out assault on the Constitution because they don't like it. It's too limiting. The Constitution limits government. That's why Obama is saying, "I don't care." He's really whining lately.
We've got some sound bites.

He's really whining. (imitating Obama) "Well, they can call me names, but if they won't act, I'm going to." As though there is no Constitution. But as you read the ruling from the Supreme Court -- in fact, let me just share with you one view that I have found by an appellate lawyer today. "This is a meaningless decision." This is an appellate lawyer. And, by the way, one thing you should know. Every time the conservatives win a Supreme Court decision, it's always narrow, always meaningless. It's really no big deal. It's just, you know, we gotta throw 'em a bone now and then to keep 'em happy, but there's really nothing to see here.
In fact the left -- grab audio sound bite number four. This is Gloria Borger. (interruption) Why? Well, but you're gonna have it in a second, right, after the computer reboots? (Interruption) Right. Okay. How long does that take, two hours? (interruption) Right in the middle of the reboot. Well, but, okay, is that still another five minutes, 10 minutes? (interruption) If you get a Mac you can reboot in 30 seconds. Anyway as soon as I call for the sound bite the computer that holds them crashed and now we're rebooting it.
What is really important, yet really small in this case, is that even after the Hobby Lobby decision, women can still go to Target or Walmart and buy a month's worth of conception for nine dollars. What's kind of being overlooked here in all this -- and we did look at it in great detail on the previous occasion on this program -- is that somehow we've gotten to the point where women should not have to pay for their own birth control. Somebody else is gonna pay for it, no matter how much they want, no matter how often they want it, no matter for what reason, somebody else is going to pay for it. That's the root of all this. The employer should pay it, the insurance company will pay it, but in no way in 2014 America are women going to being pay for it, even though you can go to Target or Walmart and get a month's supply for nine bucks.
There were really only four "drugs," if you will, that Hobby Lobby objected to. In fact, you could say that this case was about abortion, in a sense, because Hobby Lobby objected to providing coverage for abortifacients. In other words, "medications," if you will, that would abort a fetus, something that's already conceived, as opposed to a preventative. They didn't care about any of that. It wasn't contraception, actual contraception. Being aborted. That's what they objected to; it's what was upheld.

The latest kid serving as the White House press secretary, a guy named Josh Earnest, at the White House briefing today -- and I'm assuming this quote is accurate -- is putting out purposely misleading information. "Today's decision jeopardizes the health of women that are employed by these companies." There's a part of me that says, Obama likes these rulings. Remember, everything is political, everything ends up politicized. It's how they see the world.

"Rush, I'm tired of politics. We've got to stop fighting. Everything is not political."

I agree with you except the left makes everything political. And if you disagree with it you have to do so on -- the aggressor sets the rules in any fight. They clearly are. So today's decision jeopardizes the health of women employed by these companies. It does not. It does not. How did it end up that women are not supposed to buy their own contraceptives? When did this take hold that this is somebody else's responsibility, particularly when you can do it for nine dollars a month.
And then Josh Earnest said, "We will work with congress to make sure that any women affected by this decision will still have the same coverage of vital health services as everyone else."

And don't forget, these people view pregnancy as a disease. The feminists and militant leftists have always, in their convoluted support of abortion, have always portrayed it as a disease. And so they're taking medication to treat medical conditions such as pregnancy. Even in the AP story, "Contraception is among a range of preventive services that must be provided at no extra charge under Obamacare." Preventive services, as though it's a disease, a sickness? And it's exactly one of the many ways in which they've gotten to this point.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...n_birth_control
Those drat women! Only having to pay 9 dollars a month for all the sex they are having! :bahgawd:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Spacedad posted:

One of my facebook friends from high school (white, upper class, male, very catholic, engineer) who likes writing long drawn-out pseudo-intellectual essays on why it's impossible to be moral without being Christian, posted about the ruling, calling it common sense and a victory for religious freedom. Literally everyone who responded, male and female, called him out and he just kept farting out smokescreens and false analogies.

Here it is in case you want to see inside the mind of a true believer.

edit: Before "why are you friends": He's a good barometer of the religious right, through the lens of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Also: Is it true this ruling will not affect people who want contraception coverage for non-BC reasons? Another pro-hobby lobby fb friend posted that and I don't know if it's true

Hazo fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 1, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The HL retirement plan investing in abortion has been known for a long rear end time and was exactly why I facepalmed when the court said they have a reasonable belief that association with someones insurance plan options can cause them to go to hell.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The HL retirement plan investing in abortion has been known for a long rear end time and was exactly why I facepalmed when the court said they have a reasonable belief that association with someones insurance plan options can cause them to go to hell.

Haha, I just googled this and had no idea that it was actually a thing. There is no morality in capitalism as long as it's hidden but mutual funds or something.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Hazo posted:

One of my facebook friends from high school (white, upper class, male, very catholic, engineer) who likes writing long drawn-out pseudo-intellectual essays on why it's impossible to be moral without being Christian, posted about the ruling, calling it common sense and a victory for religious freedom. Literally everyone who responded, male and female, called him out and he just kept farting out smokescreens and false analogies.

edit: Before "why are you friends": He's a good barometer of the religious right, through the lens of the Dunning-Kruger effect

Also: Is it true this ruling will not affect people who want contraception coverage for non-BC reasons? Another pro-hobby lobby fb friend posted that and I don't know if it's true

It's hilarious when any given dime-a-dozen religious zealots think their wandering desert tribe of choice invented and has a monopoly on morality.

Because clearly their morals were 'more moral' than the other tribes they slaughtered. :o:

Religion trying to monopolize morality is of course one of the oldest con games in the book - religion claiming itself as the source of all morality is like Koch Industries trying to claim it's the source of all breathable air. It's accessible to us all, and up for all of us to figure out.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 1, 2014

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Spacedad posted:

Because clearly their morals were 'more moral' than the other tribes they slaughtered. :o:

That actually brought up a pretty sad memory of a Jewish Holocaust survivor, a touring speaker giving a chat at my school when I was little. When asked about the worst thing she personally saw, it was Nazis finding a newborn in the ghetto, then taking it by the ankles and smashing it dead against a building. It reminded me of a bible passage.

Hazo posted:

Catholics still regard the seven deadly sins with some seriosity, right? Let's chart out conditions no longer deserving coverage.

Here's a badly-incomplete list, I got bored. Given the demographics of the USA, it'd be darkly comical to see a bunch of conservatives get turned down for: (lifestyle-induced) cholesterol issues, (lifestyle-induced) blood pressure issues, (lifestyle-induced) diabetes, boner medicine, STD treatments, (lifestyle-induced) dental trouble, falls in a shop while buying nonessential goods, recreational drug problems, heart attacks and strokes had during long TV sessions, injuries sustained after lecturing or bragging to an uppity ne'er-do-well, any problems had while desirously viewing a person/house/car/phone/etc, depression which responds to exercise/sunlight/diet, any fights not perfectly defensive in nature, any problems encountered outside the church during the hours of their church service, suicide attempts, issues while stealing (whether standard thievery/underpaying employees/undertipping servers/exploiting privilege for personal gain), feasibly-preventable traffic accidents, blah blah blah.

Everyone who doesn't go to church at least three times a week while living a pious, healthful and non-profit lifestyle now has to skip medicine, I guess. Does he ever post in support of denying healthcare for anything related to that list? Outside of questioning from others related to him being a doofus wearing blindfolds?

sweart gliwere fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jul 1, 2014

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

sweart gliwere posted:

That actually brought up a pretty sad memory of a Jewish Holocaust survivor, a touring speaker giving a chat at my school when I was little. When asked about the worst thing she personally saw, it was Nazis finding a newborn in the ghetto, then taking it by the ankles and smashing it dead against a building. It reminded me of a bible passage.

The nazis are why everyone should regard those who spout off about moral piety with contempt. We know down which road that way of thinking leads.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hobby Lobby objected to plan b & IUDs but the Supreme Court ruling is about the contraceptive mandate as a whole.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

moths posted:

"What you don't love America enough that you'd cross a fence to be here? Ok comrade..."

"I love America so much I'd follow the legal immigration process."

*has no idea what this process actually entails or how impossible it is*

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That's got a great trap response, since you then get to school them on just how expensive and unobtainable citizenship actually is.

Ellis Island is a museum for a reason.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
If hobby lobby's employees are having sex out of wedlock, are the owners going to hell by association? Because this is how asinine this ruling is.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"Are you afraid Jesus cannot save you from your employee's off duty actions?"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

sweart gliwere posted:

Everyone who doesn't go to church at least three times a week while living a pious, healthful and non-profit lifestyle now has to skip medicine, I guess. Does he ever post in support of denying healthcare for anything related to that list? Outside of questioning from others related to him being a doofus wearing blindfolds?
You know the answer to this. He mainly just has a huge hard on for anti-choice arguments, especially after popping out two kids with his doting and submissive wife (one of whom suffered from serious complications following birth).

Anyone know about whether the decision means HL still has to cover contraceptives for non-BC reasons, as my other acquaintance alleged? That would make this much less horrible but she's kind of a moron and I doubt she's correct. She dropped this little nugget yesterday, for example:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hazo posted:

You know the answer to this. He mainly just has a huge hard on for anti-choice arguments, especially after popping out two kids with his doting and submissive wife (one of whom suffered from serious complications following birth).

Anyone know about whether the decision means HL still has to cover contraceptives for non-BC reasons, as my other acquaintance alleged? That would make this much less horrible but she's kind of a moron and I doubt she's correct. She dropped this little nugget yesterday, for example:

Are we going to see nerds start being smug about not playing sports and then claiming that is a viable alternative to insurance covering injuries?