Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

RIP Bert Lahr :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What's a Marjorie? It belongs to his guardian angel apparently.

I know it says Marjorie, but at first glance I swear I thought it said Mayonnaise. I guess I'm hungry.

For content, some horrible scarification grossness.

I didn't want to search through GIS scarification to find the image without text.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

Boris Galerkin posted:

He's also very very very proud that all of these are done "freehand" whatever that means.

I was in a bar a few weeks ago and this guy was showing me his tattoos (he would have fit in here with many of them), but he was like "these are all freehand" and I was like "you don't say"

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I guess they mean the "artist" tattooed them with no pre-drawn sketch in pen or a stencil of any kind. Which just seems dumb and unnecessarily risky. Unless you're at a famous tattoo place getting original art from a renowned tattoo artist and even they do a rough sketch on the body first. Even if I knew my artist as a friend and talented professional, I'd still ask them to draw it on first. Just to make sure it's right. It IS permanent after all.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Buggiezor posted:

For content, some horrible scarification grossness.

I didn't want to search through GIS scarification to find the image without text.

I know nothing about scarification, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. But is that the final product ? Will it look like that forever ? Or is it still in a healing phase ?

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
It looks like it's still healing, But it also looks poorly done and possibly on the way to infection.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

The White Dragon posted:

Agreed. That's some goddamn art right there. I mean, it'll probably be perfect material for this thread in ten years, maybe a decade and a half, but until then? Doesn't fit in here at all.

Yeah truthfully I'd pay for it to hang it on my wall. Too big of a commitment to put it on my body, but it's beautiful artwork.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Buggiezor posted:

I guess they mean the "artist" tattooed them with no pre-drawn sketch in pen or a stencil of any kind. Which just seems dumb and unnecessarily risky. Unless you're at a famous tattoo place getting original art from a renowned tattoo artist and even they do a rough sketch on the body first. Even if I knew my artist as a friend and talented professional, I'd still ask them to draw it on first. Just to make sure it's right. It IS permanent after all.

Freehand generally means that the tattooist has drawn the design onto your skin either with a pen or a sharpie rather than transferring a stencil onto the skin. It is normally done to ensure that the tattoo design will flow with the curves and contours of the body or when somebody wants a design either bigger or smaller than the existing flash.

I haven't ever seen somebody tattoo straight onto skin without some kind of drawing first but I wouldn't put it past some of the geniuses featured in this thread.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is awesome.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Yep, owns.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
You think they would have some kind of 3D plotter for tattoos by now. Not the Starship Troopers kind where a design just gets blasted at once, but still.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Laserjet 4P posted:

You think they would have some kind of 3D plotter for tattoos by now. Not the Starship Troopers kind where a design just gets blasted at once, but still.

They do...well sort of.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2598996/The-3D-Printer-TATTOO-Students-hack-machine-volunteer-inking-robot.html

regularizer
Mar 5, 2012

I'm about to spend half a year abroad with the guy that just got this:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/K4tq2ns.jpg :nws:

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Jesus loving Christ. :suicide:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Are you both that stupid? It's loving paint.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah that looks a lot like paint.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Now Kith!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

regularizer posted:

I'm about to spend half a year abroad with the guy that just got this:

judging by your avatar this is one of those self-depricating fishing for a compliment on your own tattoo deals yeah?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sonic has been done... much worse.

What's wrong with your hands? How many fingers do you have?

I... I have nothing.

Hand are hard? Pfft, arms are harder.

Why not get two?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

If someone could tell me what this is supposed to loving be, I would be grateful.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Say Nothing posted:

If someone could tell me what this is supposed to loving be, I would be grateful.

It's either an eggbeater in a chokehold or a double decker hot ballon.

Kind Milkman
Sep 3, 2011

Indeed.

Say Nothing posted:

Looks like a whisk with either a lightsaber or a sonic screwdriver for a handle. Nerd chef?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Say Nothing posted:

It's a lightsaber whisk. loving stupid way to mix nerd culture with your love of cooking.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
And the most ineffective culinary tool, at that. What doesn't a lightsaber, at the very least, eventually cut through?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

kinmik posted:

And the most ineffective culinary tool, at that. What doesn't a lightsaber, at the very least, eventually cut through?

Other lightsabers.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

kinmik posted:

Mandalorian Iron.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Should've gotten the lightsaber bread knife from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy instead. :science:

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

kinmik posted:

A taozin

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kinmik posted:

The lifetime of regret that a tattoo like that begets?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kinmik posted:

Kortosis and vibro blades.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

kinmik posted:

Reality.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I admit I laughed at most of those replies but

Inzombiac posted:

Kortosis and vibro blades.
what are these words, you nerds. I looked them up, please don't go into any greater detail.

Why would anyone want to immortalize that travesty in their flesh?

Papyrus font and apparently colored in with Crayola markers. Lovely.

AbbiTheDog
May 21, 2007

kinmik posted:

Papyrus font and apparently colored in with Crayola markers. Lovely.

Maybe it's the reason Anakin killed the Younglings. They had terrible tattoos.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Terrible handwriting aside, at least they spelled "angels" right. :shobon:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

JoelJoel posted:

Why not get two?

It's the same sonic he's just going really fast

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

taiyoko posted:

Terrible handwriting aside, at least they spelled "angels" right. :shobon:

I'm pretty sure they didn't on the first pass :(

Amykinz
May 6, 2007

Countless reblogs on tumblr with "need" added in. One actual critique/comment out of 400 "want"s saying, "the toes are a little weird, but that doesn't take away from the awesome linework".

Am I missing that this is some sort of semi-famous historical artwork, or can people just not see how poorly this is done?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoda thunkit
Sep 20, 2010
I couldn't tell you which piece of greek art its referencing but it is pretty accurate, even the long toes are a common part of the art. Here's something similar from a vase, it's Athena and some trojan fellas.

I like it at its face value. Of course, someone more knowledgable on the subject will probably chime in saying its a depiction of the god of rape or something and make me look like an rear end but it seems pretty cool to me.

• Locked thread