Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Roadbuster's lookin' pretty legit:

Recon Ironhide, Whirl, AoE Hound, Skids and now Roadbuster. Hasbro sure loves giving Autobot characters loads of weapons. Maybe the Bay movies are getting to them.

edit: 360 view

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

I wonder if you can get Roadbuster into a 3rd mode. Whirl's cannon mode makes for an excellent 4th.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Picked up voyager Galvatron at Target today and I'm glad I didn't watch any reviews for him because I was pleasantly surprised by his transformation and how fun it was. Plus he's a pretty solid-feeling figure all around. The backpack is not that big of a deal. Voyagers and leaders on sale 5% off too!

The vehicle mode absolutely dwarfs Evasion Mode Optimus too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

It looks pretty good, but I'm not in love with it. May just wait to see what the Takara one looks like (and of course I'll probably buckle if I actually see it in a Target).

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

I wonder if you can get Roadbuster into a 3rd mode. Whirl's cannon mode makes for an excellent 4th.
I'm digging Roadbuster's big rear end Autobot symbol.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I was in a comic shop recently and saw that they have a box of IDW Transformer comics for a dollar an issue. I have a bunch (all?) of the MTMTE and RID tpb's, so I just picked up the ones that said just "Transformers" (they all have movie inspired designs, guess this was the series before it split into RID and MTMTE?). Are the MTMTE or RID comics worth picking up at only a dollar each just for future flipping value?

Also got Scoria today! :dance: He's fantastic, except his shoulders are terribly loose. Getting Future where it needs to be seems like it'll involve taking his chest apart, which may be a real pain in the rear end.

e: That Roadbuster is decent, not crazy about the head

catch22 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 1, 2014

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You can easily write the character out of the script by saying she went to college or something. The screenwriters deliberately made her break up with Sam in a way that hurts him deeply.

Bay putting his name on a truck as his cameo is meaningful, inherently. If he put his name on a toilet, that would mean something. We have Mike riding a truck labelled 'Mike' at the climax of the film. It is literally written on it.

I do not think you are stupid. If I did I would not bother to address you. However, can say with confidence that you do not understand film very well if you dismiss production design choices during the climax of the film as 'meaningless'. Don't sabotage your own intelligence with cynicism.

Haha, it's pre-broken.

This goes right back to my point about Megatron and 'authentic' dirt.

All this thinking around such a trivial point, but I have to ask: does Michael Bay ever call himself "Mike?" Folks I know who call themselves Michael have gone through some trouble to NOT be known generally as Mike.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Roadbuster is a Hasbro joint? That's freaking sweet, gotta keep an eye out for that. I was totally unaware he existed.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rhyno posted:

That Roadbuster is a Hasbro joint? That's freaking sweet, gotta keep an eye out for that. I was totally unaware he existed.

Yep, it's Hasbro's. He should be released soon in the US along with Sky-Byte. Comes with a lotta stickers like Whirl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

Yep, it's Hasbro's. He should be released soon in the US along with Sky-Byte. Comes with a lotta stickers like Whirl.

Freaking excellent. I'm back on the TF wagon all of a sudden, might be finally getting MP Grimlock that did it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Whirl had a LOT of stickers. I gave up.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TheDK posted:

I'm digging Roadbuster's big rear end Autobot symbol.

Yeah I thought his legs were garbage but it seems they were mistransformed in the promo pics. He looks real solid in those newer pics.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I must be the only person who doesnt care for Roadbuster. Standard robot mode with nothing standing out about it.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That Roadbuster (especially the legs) is giving me some rad-as-hell Fansproject-Y vibes.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Have the IDW titles gone down the shitter in the wake of Dark Cybertron? You guys don't talk about them much any more, and I never bother to catch up until I see gushing in this thread.

This thread has pretty much always been more about the toys than anything else for as long as I've been in here.

Which sucks because I can never afford them.

In any case, MTMTE has only been improved by the inclusion of Megatron, and as was mentioned earlier, Windblade is great. TC's return in RiD was great, but everything else so far has been pretty average at best I think.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RID had Spacebus and multiple posts about Spacebus so I don't know why you're dissing RID.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Age Of Extinction is pretty solid.

The fascinating thing is that the characterizations are totally reversed, and the good guys now behave almost-exactly like the Decepticons did in prior films. Optimus behaves almost-exactly like Megatron. The bright green robot behaves almost-exactly like Starscream.

Meanwhile, the new villains are literally the Autobots. They are Autobot clones who work alongside a NEST-like black ops group to hunt down the new Decepticons (i.e. Optimus).

Also, the film directly equates transformers fandom with brony-ism. The autobots are literally depicted as Rainbow Dash turning into a machinegun while nerds cackle.

I think this might be satirical.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

No-one bite.

I'm guessing there's a room at Hasbro with a bunch of the third party stuff and they're taking notes.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Age Of Extinction is pretty solid.

The fascinating thing is that the characterizations are totally reversed, and the good guys now behave almost-exactly like the Decepticons did in prior films. Optimus behaves almost-exactly like Megatron. The bright green robot behaves almost-exactly like Starscream.

Meanwhile, the new villains are literally the Autobots. They are Autobot clones who work alongside a NEST-like black ops group to hunt down the new Decepticons (i.e. Optimus).

Also, the film directly equates transformers fandom with brony-ism. The autobots are literally depicted as Rainbow Dash turning into a machinegun while nerds cackle.

I think this might be satirical.

I agree except for the first and the last line. If you think any of this is satirical and not just inept writing and storytelling, you're completely out of your loving mind. Everything you say is the worst kind of baseless masturbation disguised as film criticism. I stopped reading CineD so I wouldn't have to read drivel like this, and it sucks that it's infected this thread now.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Peaugh reviews Daca Toys Kronos and is incredibly forgiving

http://youtu.be/bdKwPvx3Z_0

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

catch22 posted:

Peaugh reviews Daca Toys Kronos and is incredibly forgiving

http://youtu.be/bdKwPvx3Z_0

Wow that jet mode is a complete shitpile.

Pretty impressive size and a reasonably good robot mode though.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Christ, that guy is enormous! That's like combiner huge, drat.

But yeah, that jet looks blah, and the robot pretty ordinary as well, and where's the massive flippy shoulder cannons?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

No-one bite.

I'm guessing there's a room at Hasbro with a bunch of the third party stuff and they're taking notes.

I've assumed this for awhile now. Maybe they even order some of it and reverse engineer it, because that Hasbro brainstorm is better than any of them.

Here's hoping that the Generations Stunticons are real, because having a voyager be the leader bot for a team greatly helped the FOC bruticus with the 3rd party addon.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jul 1, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Hasbro announcing an Heroic Autobot Megatron toy is just the bees knees. Boring tank mode be damned.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The MSJ posted:

Recon Ironhide, Whirl, AoE Hound, Skids and now Roadbuster. Hasbro sure loves giving Autobot characters loads of weapons. Maybe the Bay movies are getting to them.

edit: 360 view

Don't forget the first Classics Jetfire! The guy has like... 12 guns. He's made of guns.

Roadbuster is looking good!

Keldroc posted:

I agree except for the first and the last line. If you think any of this is satirical and not just inept writing and storytelling, you're completely out of your loving mind. Everything you say is the worst kind of baseless masturbation disguised as film criticism. I stopped reading CineD so I wouldn't have to read drivel like this, and it sucks that it's infected this thread now.

CineD is a cesspool that's become drat near unreadable because of this poo poo. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, guys. Just ignore SMG and maybe he'll give up and crawl back into his hole.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ka0 posted:

Hasbro announcing an Heroic Autobot Megatron toy is just the bees knees. Boring tank mode be damned.

Wait I thought that was the same Megatron figure we saw already but you can change the faction symbols.

I'm hoping for a Voyager or Leader Galvatron now since they did Megatron Justice.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Which AoE firstwave Dinobot was the one everyone liked in this thread? Slug or Scorn?

Cause I picked up Scorn, and while I think he's not terrible, I'm just not feeling him. His lance arm doesn't seem to fold up right in Dinomode, and leaves a somewhat messy gap. His robot head needed a mod to function, and his dino mode head is just constructed weird (which I get why they did it, but it seems like they could have done better with less parts, or just made that flappy thing into his tongue, which could cover his wrist gap.) His knees are weird and his calves really don't need that extra folding in robot mode. And I hate the weird gap in his alt mode between his head and spines that just leaves holes and smooth plastic. Also that weird square gap in his robot torso. It's also weird that his tail is one piece when it was shown as super flexible in robot mode in the movie.

Maybe i spoiled myself on AoE by getting Hound first, but I'm just not feeling Scorn, was Slag better?

As for Hound, holy crap did they learn from the Vehicon, cause there is not reason for Hound to be anything but a shell former, and he just folds it all up perfectly. The only kibble is on his arms, and part of it just gives him boxing glove hands, which is pretty cool. Plus those guns are sweet, I just wish the shot guns had better pegs for storage/combined gun mode. It really shames that Galvatron with his cab as a backpack.

Edit: Hold up, is that a spring loaded missile launcher on Roadbuster?

Anora fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 1, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I like Scorn quite a bit better than Slag. Slag's Triceratops mode is okay, but he's pretty limited. Slag's robot mode is kind of odd and I'm not a huge fan of it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I am partial to Slug but TBH that's mostly because I have a relentless enthusiasm for purple transformers.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
While I don't usually like the movie toys, I got Grimlock, Scorn and Slug and I dig them. I think it's because they have a somewhat different aesthetic than the other movie bots. I put them with my Beast Hunters Predacons and they fit fairly well.

Been hunting for Slash and Strafe but haven't been able to track them down yet. I feel like I need some more colors for my Dino Sentai.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Keldroc posted:

Optimus wakes up in a vivisection lab screaming "I'll kill you!!!" and then spends most of the film openly declaring how much he hates humans. He is hunted by a NEST group, and told outright that the old factions are meaningless.

How do you propose this got in the film by accident?

Age Of Extinction is almost a remake of Transformers 1, from Megatron's POV. A tow truck is even employed as a weapon at the end.

It's a good movie.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Gammatron 64 posted:

While I don't usually like the movie toys, I got Grimlock, Scorn and Slug and I dig them. I think it's because they have a somewhat different aesthetic than the other movie bots. I put them with my Beast Hunters Predacons and they fit fairly well.

Been hunting for Slash and Strafe but haven't been able to track them down yet. I feel like I need some more colors for my Dino Sentai.

I'm hunting around Target and Wal-Mart stores, they're on sale for $10 but ... no distribution!!!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Are those Beast Wars repaints out yet? I wanna get the Blue Terrorsaur and Purple Guiledart(that is not Killerpunch), I'd love some weird gold and orange Beast Wars Megatron repaint but that doesn't seem like it's in the cards.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Some of them were out, in Canada I think? It's how people got their first Strafes since his pack came out before the individual deluxe.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Is his ringtone part of the Transformers theme?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is Hasbro going to show new stuff at SDCC? That leaked list from awhile back had had almost everything be revealed for it with the only exceptions being Outback, Brawn, and the Legends Megatron Repaint.

We're getting pretty close to having a full team of minibots because we're just missing Huffer,Pipes, Wheelie, Warpath and Seaspray. But I bet the Megatron repaint is going to be Warpath.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
While I honestly understand can appreciate not enjoying the way someone views items and ideas we hold dear to our hearts, outright demonizing a person for attributing a different viewpoint than yours--one that holds valid reasoning and employs evidence from a text--is not really the reason I come to any forum of discussion. It's not as if SMG is presenting the information in a manner that makes it impossible to see how he is creating his points (quite the opposite, in fact).

Not to get all composition teacher, but when someone says, "A represents B, because X is influenced by Y, and X is creating the backdrop for both A AND B" and your sole response is "A isn't B, there's no way that's true, and how could you even SEE that when I SEE something different (which I won't go into nearly as much detail in explaining my reasoning or influences because I don't need to because it's SO OBVIOUS) and how could you possibly HAVE TIME to see all that when you are ruining things left-and-right all day" is basically way, way more harmful to the health of a forum than someone saying stuff is fascinating for "weird" reasons. For chrissake, he's enjoying the thing we all enjoy and people are mad at him for "doing it wrong."

I received Scoria yesterday. He is very large and we are getting married soon.

I love MTMTE lately. There's a lot of good stuff happening but it's a lot of set-up, too, which is good. Lots of things are being set up for a slow burn and I'm loving it. I stopped reading RID--but I only read that by trade, and picked up the last six issues or so (however many Dark Cybertron had) because they were on sale at Comixology.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 1, 2014

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I'm catching up on the last mtmte and noticed "EQUAL RIGHTS FOR KNOCKOFFS" written in Megatron's jail cell. These comics are about a million times better than the movies.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Captain Magic posted:

I received Scoria yesterday. He is very large and we are getting married soon.

Have you experienced any of the reported QC issues?

For those of you that own Voyager Hound, how in the world do you fold his head away in vehicle mode? I keep stuffing it up there, and it keeps falling out.

Finally looked at the review of Roadbuster. He seems weirdly "flat". Like I'm not usually in favor of the "dipped in glue and rolled in model parts" look, but the lack of detail just feels odd in his case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I haven't played with him enough to really test out his shoulders, but they seemed fine? What I DID notice was that his sword had a few cracks in it. Nothing major, though.

My one complaint about him so far is that his legs are REALLY heavy, and so transforming him can be a bit awkward because his legs want to swing down when you lift them away (and his legs are full of big swingy-parts that need room to expand). But yeah otherwise he is pretty fantastic.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 1, 2014