Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symphonie
Dec 24, 2010

lol just flamestrike it idk

jassi007 posted:

http://mythicspoiler.com/

I'm not sure what you are refering to. The Soul of X cycle are all mythics, Zendikar, Shandalar, Phyrexia etc. That is 6. 6 Planeswalkers, that is 12. The new oblivion stone artifact is 13, the Sliver will be 14, the Chain Veil will almost surely be #15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Also: Duels 2015 is up for prepurchase today I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BaSJwy6bJk

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Meh.

edit: Truly, he is the fastest at the draw.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

See this? This is what a sweet-rear end 2 drop looks like.

Niton fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 1, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
It Comes
:kheldragar::hf::getin:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

It is pretty silly in non-standard if you can get it out quickly. People will be brainstorming ways to cheat him out quick in modern to make slivers a better deck.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

When they said this new sliver would be more impressive than previous printed chromatic slivers I thought it would actually be more impressive than them and not a pile of poo poo.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

I don't this is more powerful than any of the other five color slivers.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Zorak posted:

Also: Duels 2015 is up for prepurchase today I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BaSJwy6bJk
move out of the way Hivelard, Generator Servant coming through!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

jassi007 posted:

It is pretty silly in non-standard if you can get it out quickly. People will be brainstorming ways to cheat him out quick in modern to make slivers a better deck.

Slivers is not remotely viable in modern (and Sliver Legion is significantly better).

What a Judas posted:

I don't this is more powerful than any of the other five color slivers.

This is trash.

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
Hmmm! Hivelord certainly helps, since the main problem with slivers.dec is someone killing them all with a Wrath effect. This doesn't help with non-destruction-based removal, but there tends to be less of that.

Right into the EDH deck it goes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bugsy posted:

The intro deck seeded sealed rares are:

Do you get these (one of them) before or after opening your boosters?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

woah, red ramp?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Red has been the home of 1-shot ramp/rituals for a long time now.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Niton posted:

See this? This is what a sweet-rear end 2 drop looks like.
The best part is when you open the mythic spoiler page with those two and you're like "holy poo poo look at this sweet rear end red common oh yeah sliver mythic w/e"

And hell the mythic spoiler comments even pointed something useful out - he can haste two guys! Sweet!

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Mikujin posted:

Slivers is not remotely viable in modern (and Sliver Legion is significantly better).

This is trash.

This is one of those times where I can say "this card isn't for you" and not be trolling. The people that will love it will loving love it.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Promoted Pawn posted:

This is one of those times where I can say "this card isn't for you" and not be trolling. The people that will love it will loving love it.
I have SliverEDH.dec and am totally going to pick one of these up, I'm just completely let down by the fact that this Sliver was supposed to be a hallmark new and powerful 5 color sliver and it's just a really bland design.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mikujin posted:

When they said this new sliver would be more impressive than previous printed chromatic slivers I thought it would actually be more impressive than them and not a pile of poo poo.

There's no way they're outdoing Sliver Legion without making the thing loving broken.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Generator Servant at common makes red's promo much more viable. tap, sac, pay 5 for a 5/5 hasted flier that burns all your opponents little dudes up. Yeah, I might go red this time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LordSaturn posted:

That kind of three-card combo only works when you can reliably flip your entire library, where Dredge is usually trying to win with between 15 and 45 cards in the bin.

Also, in the category of, "I can't believe THAT'S the creature we worked so hard to cheat in," you know Oath of Druids? Banned in Legacy, lives solidly on the second tier of Vintage by giving your opponent spirit tokens to flip a free Emrakul on turn 3? Back when it was a powerhouse in Standard/Extended, the ultra-badass kill-machine creature they used to flip was Morphling.

Basically, over time, creatures have gotten way better and ways to cheat them in have gotten way worse.

When I wanted to run it, Cognivore was the way to go. I don't remember what the decklist was but I'm guessing lots of counters/tutors to stall until the combo was set up.

Seems really solid. Would be even nuttier if it had haste itself, but I also like that it gives you enough mana to potentially trot out two hasty guys at once.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

There's no way they're outdoing Sliver Legion without making the thing loving broken.
I guess. But even Overlord and Queen are more powerful, fun, and flavorful than this guy.

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

C-Euro posted:

Seems really solid. Would be even nuttier if it had haste itself, but I also like that it gives you enough mana to potentially trot out two hasty guys at once.

Use Generator Servant and 2 Mountains to play two hasty Generator Servants.

BOOM.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
All Slivers become Indestructible? Jesus that will get annoying fast in EDH.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Rinkles posted:

Do you get these (one of them) before or after opening your boosters?
In the pre-release, you choose a color. The color box with six boosters you get has a special booster called a seeded pack, with that colors rare from the video, and more cards aligned to that color you chose.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

What a Judas posted:

Use Generator Servant and 2 Mountains to play two hasty Generator Servants.

BOOM.

And then play Su-Chi with haste! :derp:

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Spiderdrake posted:

And hell the mythic spoiler comments even pointed something useful out - he can haste two guys! Sweet!

Yep, you'll need to be careful about what you are clicking to make it work on magic online.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's 5 colour, you're getting into Exodia levels of bullshit just putting the colours together and getting the sliver to cast.

In fact, just print sliver Exodia.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

neetengie posted:

In the pre-release, you choose a color. The color box with six boosters you get has a special booster called a seeded pack, with that colors rare from the video, and more cards aligned to that color you chose.

So I take it, black seeded packs are going to be in short supply.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Not necessarily. First, not everyone is out to maximize their EV at prereleases. Second, each color's pool of available commons is generally more important than your single bomb rare in terms of making a consistent deck, so even if black has the best promo it may not be the best way to go.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's 5 colour, you're getting into Exodia levels of bullshit just putting the colours together and getting the sliver to cast.

What would that even look like?
Assemble the 5 5-color legendary slivers to summon a sliver that wins you the game when cast?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Door to Nothingness/Coalition Victory.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Honestly red seems pretty solid with Generator Servant at common. If you can ramp out that dragon instead of waiting for seven lands it's pretty strong.

The best colour honestly depends on the overall strength of that colour's card pool more than the one bomby rare you get. Especially with everyone knowing about that bomby rare and playing around it if they can.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Would allowing the decision to be made after seeing your cards be an obviously bad idea? I guess it would also complicate the logistics of the event.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I don't even care about constructed christmas land, I just really like Generator Servant for draft. A 5-drop on turn 3 could be scary, and if you don't want to use it as a slow ritual immediately, Goblin Piker is perfectly playable.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pharohman777 posted:

What would that even look like?
Assemble the 5 5-color legendary slivers to summon a sliver that wins you the game when cast?

I'd watch a Sliver-starring Power Rangers/Sentai. Their giant robot can be Karn, who cares about lore, it'd be cool as all hell.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Turn 3 hasted Myr Superion sounds fun.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Its worth mentioning they they messed up the templating for Generator Servant. A strict reading of the card seems to say that it can only be used to haste one creature, but the common-sense reading will be up to two. This might need to be errata'd on day 1.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Would allowing the decision to be made after seeing your cards be an obviously bad idea? I guess it would also complicate the logistics of the event.

You're overthinking this.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I think haste for two creatures is crazy good. I hope that's what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Serperoth posted:

I'd watch a Sliver-starring Power Rangers/Sentai. Their giant robot can be Karn, who cares about lore, it'd be cool as all hell.

I just want a super-sentai block where Gideon joins their team to stop a threat.
Then we can have Gideon, DEFENDER OF JUSTICE!

• Locked thread