Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Ducky Shine 3 with brown switches and orange light:

Not quite as good for typing as the Filco Majestouch (also brown switches) I use at work, which has a far heavier backplate, but very, very near it and lights up so I don't have to hunt for the right keys in the dark. Yes, I exchanged the Space key for the subtler one they pack with the keyboard.

Glider for holding the showerhead, because my old one broke. 25 € for a piece of plastic. The joys of being a grown-up.

Because I'm still running out of batteries, despite having like 20 rechargeables stuck in various devices:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

Aw yiss. Coolest dad-mobile on the block and only 35k on an '09 SL.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

WhoIsYou posted:

Got a little something for the 4th of July

This is unironically awesome. God bless you, Patriot.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Got this for $180:

Then got Mario Kart 8 with Windwaker as the free download :c00l:

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

I had VHS copies of all of the concerts (except Rome) and they were all well played.

"In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Decius posted:

Ducky Shine 3 with brown switches and orange light:

Not quite as good for typing as the Filco Majestouch (also brown switches) I use at work, which has a far heavier backplate, but very, very near it and lights up so I don't have to hunt for the right keys in the dark. Yes, I exchanged the Space key for the subtler one they pack with the keyboard.

I just bought a white one and replaced all the keys from GeekKeys.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

This is unironically awesome. God bless you, Patriot.

Celebrating the 4th in obnoxious style should be mandatory.

Last year I had a similar tank top, American flag track shorts, flag glasses and had a flag bandana.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SaltLick posted:

Celebrating the 4th in obnoxious style should be mandatory.

Last year I had a similar tank top, American flag track shorts, flag glasses and had a flag bandana.

I just pulled the trigger on this guy:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

gdi i just bought it too

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Gel cups for my Peltor Comtacs & MSA Sordins. Makes wearing them for long hours not so horrible.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Continuing on a 'Murica note... Bought a new Moultrie Flag for the house for the 4th. Even though it's been usurped by the damned tea party :ughh:

Scarf has a new favorite as of 18:21 on Jul 1, 2014

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Key-Bar. No more noisy, jangly keys. Not my pic.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WhoIsYou posted:

Got a little something for the 4th of July

More like back to back Johnny-Come-Latelys am i rite non-Americans *high five or whatever weird foreign thing we do instead of high five*

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

gently caress. Ordered. Friday is gonna be fun! I also like how the only size they have the tank top version is XXXL. 'Murica indeed.

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde

Jesus. I'm not even American and I want the tank top version.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Key-Bar. No more noisy, jangly keys. Not my pic.

Why is the cheapest model $45. Seems so excessive for a place to put keys :(

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There is a cheaper alternative called smart keys for $20 on Amazon. I thinks these are just built a little beefier for idiots like me.

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!

Phaeoacremonium
Aug 7, 2008
I think the last time I bought anything for my kitchen was around 2008. Just finally got a nice heavy cast iron pan:

I also got an induction cooker, but I'm still waiting for it to show up.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Why did I visit this thread a day too late? I could've gotten it by the 4th! :(

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Phaeoacremonium posted:

I think the last time I bought anything for my kitchen was around 2008. Just finally got a nice heavy cast iron pan:

I also got an induction cooker, but I'm still waiting for it to show up.

That doesn't look like cast iron. Maybe carbon steel?

edit: google makes it seem like it is iron, but not cast iron

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 14:08 on Jul 3, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
It's steel (but not stainless steel), which only differs from cast iron in the carbon content %.

It's used almost exactly the same way as a cast iron pan (you have to season it).

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's steel (but not stainless steel), which only differs from cast iron in the carbon content %.

It's used almost exactly the same way as a cast iron pan (you have to season it).

I get that, you can just tell from looking at the pan that it wasn't cast.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Ikea Nordli chest of drawers. Took four hours to assemble, a million joints at least. The stuff in the room fits together as badly as anything, but maybe finally some day they won't :D

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Ihmemies posted:

Ikea Nordli chest of drawers. Took four hours to assemble, a million joints at least. The stuff in the room fits together as badly as anything, but maybe finally some day they won't :D

There is no way that it would look anything like that if I smoked a million joints while assembling it. Congrats!

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Tim Whatley posted:

A bunch of random Disney World merch I found at a flea market and a six pack of this:

It hit the spot so hard. God bless New England.

I grew up in Rhode Island and loved Del's Lemonade. That is like my childhood meets adulthood...I have to have some. If I give you money will you send me some :(

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I had one and it was really bad, good luck to you

Phaeoacremonium
Aug 7, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I get that, you can just tell from looking at the pan that it wasn't cast.

You're perfectly right, my mistake! Heavy steel pan. Enjoying it anyway!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

psyopmonkey posted:

It doesnt effect the amount of oxygen. I bought it to strengthen my diaphragm and intercostals.

The most it will do is make your cardio sessions a bit more difficult because you have to work harder to have a complete breath cycle. I got this to simulate when I used to run in my CBRN mask, which dropped my 2mi times by a considerable sum.

But, im just a dumb rear end who buys gimmicks and does zero research into what im buying. :rolleyes:
throw that piece of poo poo in the garbage, idiot.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Because aw, t'hell with it. Blasting Nazi skulls is probably the most patriotic thing I can do during a rainstorm anyway. :black101:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I went to the mall to buy one of these:

(a potato ricer, so I could make gnocchi)

And while I was there I went to EB Games because they were having a big sale and bought:

And these for my wife:

Because being an adult is all about making sound financial decisions :colbert:

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe
Shirts from look human

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
I have a 2 year-old Dell laptop that is working great. It's a combo work/school/play device, though the most I do is watch Netflix, and it's got a 2nd gen i5 and SSD. I'm also broke.

So I bought an XPS 13. It was 30% off a refurb, but still more than what I paid for my current machine.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

psyopmonkey posted:

Altitude Training Mask, AKA: "make my runs and hill sprints an even worse living hell"
wait gently caress am I too late because DORK VADER

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

TenementFunster posted:

wait gently caress am I too late because DORK VADER

You had something for this, Sterling?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Two new pairs of shoes - Adidas Busenitz. I wanted a set of gray shoes similar to my red Sambas (also pictured) and they had a sale, so I got two. The gum soles will be in regular rotation with the Sambas, and the white soles will be for non-work occasions when I want a light colored summer shoe.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Those grey ones are my dream shoes. Where'd you get them?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Butt Savage posted:

Those grey ones are my dream shoes. Where'd you get them?

Zumiez, 70 bucks for dark gray and 25 for the lights (Yay sales). I looked everywhere I could, and the only place I could find Adidas soccer style shoes in a non-black colorway was Zumiez. Other places had Samoas, but I don't like the way they fit. I wanted to try Dragons, but couldn't find any. Also, I can't understand why Asics Onitsuka Tigers are so recommended, I didn't like them :shrug:

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Are these the ones you bought? The lettering next to the stripe look darker on yours. Must be the lighting?

Edit: I'm not much of a sneaker guy, but there was a certain style that I had running through my head and I was hoping that some day I'd run into just the *right* style that fit what I had in mind. Those Busenitz pretty much nailed it, and in light grey, too! Woo!

Butt Savage has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Jul 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Yup, that's them. They were 5 bucks cheaper in store before the sale also.