Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
They could probably do that in the cities with FEMA but they keep hammering the point home that these tiny parishes are ignored by everyone and have to fend for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to make do with what silver/UV guns they had before all the Hep V scare went down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sober posted:

They could probably do that in the cities with FEMA but they keep hammering the point home that these tiny parishes are ignored by everyone and have to fend for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to make do with what silver/UV guns they had before all the Hep V scare went down.

Given how many people were buying and selling anti-vampire weapons before, shouldn't that actually be quite a lot?

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Pretty much everyone knows about vampire weaknesses now, right? Even in season one it wasn't exactly a big secret that silver hurt them, even if it wasn't common knowledge. Now there have been people selling anti-vampire weapons and stuff, so basically everyone knows all this poo poo, right? So why aren't there way more UV lights available? Don't want vampires setting fire to your house, set up some UV floodlights pointed outward. Barbed wire fences with silver barbs.

Also, Andy's daughter and Sookie can get into fairyland, right? And there are no fairies there any more. You could shelter a bunch of people there overnight. It's always sunny, but that fairy nightclub was in fairyland and also dark, so let people sleep there.

Or, since a shitload of people must have died by now, move everyone into a central location with UV lights and silver barbed wire and guards posted at night. It's not like you need to defend the whole town, a lot of it must already be abandoned anyway.

The characters on this show haven't behaved like rational thinking humans since like season 2, so you should probably stop trying to make sense of it all because the writers sure as hell don't give a poo poo.

Amaterasu
Aug 7, 2007
Godless Heathen
The opening scene did not disappoint! Thank you True Blood!

I knew there was a pretty good chance that Eric got Hep V as there were some fan pictures online that showed the Hep V makeup on AS. I theorize that fairy blood cures Hep V.

Did the preview for the next episode just imply that Vince shoots Sam? They need to kill this Vince guy in a horrible way ASAP. Also, I think Sookie and Bill are headed to Fangtasia.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Amaterasu posted:

I think Sookie and Bill are headed to Fangtasia.

I think Sookie and Bill are headed to the bone zone!

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Clamknuckle posted:

I think Sookie and Bill are headed to the bone zone!

I realized how much more I liked Bill in S1 thanks to those flashbacks. He's way more annoying these days.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Mister Kingdom posted:

A vampire can't enter your home without being invited, but could they destroy your house and then eat you?

Maybe that vampire she had a love affair with could still get in.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Kazanir posted:

I realized how much more I liked Bill in S1 thanks to those flashbacks. He's way more annoying these days.

That entire flashback was cute. I loved Sookie's character back then (and Bill's for that matter). Too bad they've kind of butchered her now.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The 'must be invited in' thing has always been really flimsy. There's a ton of ways to easily bypass it. First you can literally destroy the house with your super vampire strength like Bill did in the first episode to those drainers. Or if you control everything else I'm sure there are some bank and mortgage shenanigans you could get up to to transfer ownership of the house like Eric did in season whatever. Or you could just wait by the window/door and glamour your way in the first time someone looks outside like in season every season.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
aside from the tumblr special scene... did anything happen at all in that episode i kinda zoned out

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Dunno what "tumblr special scene" means, but yeah a bunch of things happened this episode.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

aside from the tumblr special scene... did anything happen at all in that episode i kinda zoned out

What? tumblr what?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hoyt's mom was hilarious in this episode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The scene with Jason and Erik. It's straight out of some weird slash fiction corner of Tumblr.

Did Arlene escape? that's all i really give a toss about

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

So like, why can't the HepV vamps just drink the tainted Trublood? They are already infected.

Also, why can't they just manufacture new, non-infected Trublood?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Why would the hepv vampires bother throwing the entire town in a giant ditch.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

So like, why can't the HepV vamps just drink the tainted Trublood? They are already infected.

Also, why can't they just manufacture new, non-infected Trublood?

From the last season: HepV means you're dead real dang quickly once infected and its really easy to get infected.

For the latter, would you trust anybody making TruBlood after what happened and the fact that probably all the people who know how to make it are now dead.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I'm confused, phones still work but nobody from the government answers, entire cities are dead but someone is still bringing food into the town as nobody is starving this is a very selective apocalypse.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

quote:

So I'm confused

- The writers of True Blood

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

socialsecurity posted:

So I'm confused, phones still work but nobody from the government answers, entire cities are dead but someone is still bringing food into the town as nobody is starving this is a very selective apocalypse.

I don't think it's really an "apocalypse" though. As someone else mentioned further up, everyone knows Vamps weaknesses and anti-vampire weapons are everywhere now. I imagine someone could buy anti-vamp supplies at the local Wal-Mart at this point. The smaller towns like Bon Temps are on their own just because the Government only has so much manpower. The bigger cities, and towns with large populations of upper middle-class white people, are probably doin' just dandy.

Plus, only the citizens of the Bon Temps area are dumb enough to hold vamp/human swinger parties outside in the middle of the night while feral Hep V Vampers are running amok. Most everyone else in the world would be smart enough to just stay inside at night with some UV lamps on the front porch and not answer the drat door.

Also, I think Tara's mom saw an opportunity during the attack and staked her. It happened off screen so that it could be a big reveal later on in the season. I didn't buy her wanting to make amends during last seasons finale at all and the whole thing being a setup so she could find an opportunity to kill Tara is exactly the kind of bullshit she would pull.

Esroc fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 1, 2014

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Seldom have I disliked a character as much as Tara's mom. I know that she probably has a mental disorder of some kind in True Blood but drat.

Every single bad thing that happens is somebody elses fault. Of all the characters she has not a single positive trait in my opinion, but just blames everybody and invokes God at every opportunity.
As a character she really rubs me the wrong way. Really hoping we are released from her as soon as possible.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Kalenden posted:

Every single bad thing that happens is somebody elses fault. Of all the characters she has not a single positive trait in my opinion, but just blames everybody and invokes God at every opportunity.

You talk about this like it's some kind of fictional personality type that the writers made up.

It was really weird to see Lettie Mae act like a normal, well adjusted person for a few seasons, I guess this is them going back to their roots? Their crazy, crazy roots.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Kalenden posted:

Seldom have I disliked a character as much as Tara's mom. I know that she probably has a mental disorder of some kind in True Blood but drat.

As a character she really rubs me the wrong way. Really hoping we are released from her as soon as possible.

She has always been one of the worst characters, second only to any of Lafayette's boyfriends.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Harry posted:

She has always been one of the worst characters, second only to any of Lafayette's boyfriends.

I liked Jesus :colbert:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
As did I.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Every time I think Sookeeeeh has done the dumbest possible thing, she does something even worse.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

LazyDivey posted:

"You can't trade magic like loving Pokemon cards" is a line it takes a pretty great actor to sell, and he sold it.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

LazyDivey posted:

Everyone liked Jesus.

From what I read from interviews about this season, infected vamps need to feed on fresh blood constantly to help stave off dying from the Hep as long as possible. But, as Betty showed us, every vamp has their limits. Plus Nora got a massive dose of the Hep which is why she died much quicker.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Since Eric is infected I'm sure they will magic up a cure.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

ded posted:

You just know it'll involve Sookie's precious loving fairy vagina.

Lipset and Rock On
Jan 18, 2009

Kazanir posted:

Is it just me, or, for an immortal undead magical being has Bill aged a lot?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ded posted:

Nah, they could kill him off this season, why not? Are people gonna threaten to stop watching in protest? Honestly if half the cast hasn't met the true death by the end of the season I will be disappointed.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

Nah, they could kill him off this season, why not? Are people gonna threaten to stop watching in protest? Honestly if half the cast hasn't met the true death by the end of the season I will be disappointed.

One of the best things HBO could do is have an Eric-centric spin-off so I sure as hell hope not.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why would the hepv vampires bother throwing the entire town in a giant ditch.

Yeah for some reason that stuck out to me as well.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

I assumed that was the mass grave for people who were killed but not taken in the attacks? This seems obvious enough.

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

Kazanir posted:

I assumed that was the mass grave for people who were killed but not taken in the attacks? This seems obvious enough.

Presumably the vampires are consumed with bloodthirst, and not concerned enough with public sanitation practices to bust out excavation equipment.

Talon Karrde
Oct 18, 2004
I just assumed the surviving townsfolk dug the grave and placed everyone after they were killed

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Maybe it was the grave for HepV+ humans?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
HepV has no effect on humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

So the town was down with a giant mass grave but couldn't be bothered to evacuate?

• Locked thread