Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
To be fair, Topanga cheated on him too, and one of the professors at that state school was the car from Knight Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

MrAristocrates posted:

That's from months ago.

Besides, while I'm sure he'd love to have a movie, that's a pretty jokey post.

So does Occupation have to watch Season 4 of LMS live?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 1, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
One tv show we never mentioned for having a great intro was Malcolm in the Middle. Who doesn't remember the anime dude at the beginning, the random wrestlers, the boys fighting all set to the tune of "You're not the boss of me now!"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lycus posted:

Yep.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I'm torn between wanting to tell Occ I'm so, so sorry and laughing harder than I have in weeks.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Just Watched Fargo the movie, the show is a whole lot better, but thats not a big surprise.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I hated Fargo the movie. Fargo the series is so much better.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
I'm going to pretend the last two posts don't exist.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Yeah Fargo the show is fantastic but it's built off of everything that worked in the movie first.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The Leftovers was boring and stupid.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm about two and a half seasons into the Sopranos and liking it a lot. It can be a little frustrating how storylines will start and then drop for several episodes and then pick up again but overall it's a really sharp show.

I just finished the episode where Tony almost ends up in prison for life when a witness spots him at a murder scene. I loved it. Really made you question your loyalty to Tony as a protagonist. Is it good that he wins in the end? If he hadn't, if he had gotten put away, a lot of people's lives would be a lot better. I especially liked the scene of him handing Beansie the money, after Beansie insisting he doesn't want it and basically being forced to take it, and Tony is just grinning like mad as he walks away. He's so sure that he's been rewarded, despite the fact that he's done literally nothing worth rewarding.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
DVR'd the PBS premiere of Vicious last night: looked like a sweet little British comedy about an elderly gay couple, played by Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi.

To my surprise, it was created by Gary Janetti, who was a major part of early Family Guy. Should be interesting!

Putrefaction
Oct 16, 2013

IRQ posted:

Actually just how does Yahoo have money at all?

Yahoo are selling part of their stake in Alibaba for billions of dollars or something. I guess they need to do something with all that cash.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DivisionPost posted:

Even in the case of Yale -- which is a little hosed up -- Topanga took "I choose to stay with my man" one step further and proposed to Cory on the day of their high school graduation. If nothing else, it feels less "he's dependent on her and drags her down because she's afraid to hurt him" and more "they're dependent on each other." But remember, Wikipedia.

The reboot so should've been a Topanga who blames Corey for how rotten her life has become, and deciding to take vengeance against him. Probably not on Disney.

Lycus posted:

Am I the only person who doesn't see the ongoing hilarity of 'man watches bad TV show'?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

DVR'd the PBS premiere of Vicious last night: looked like a sweet little British comedy about an elderly gay couple, played by Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi.

To my surprise, it was created by Gary Janetti, who was a major part of early Family Guy. Should be interesting!

I watched the first episode of that and I could just about handle them being horrible shits to each other the entire time (it is the point of the show after all, hence the title) but not the creepy as gently caress "elderly gay men love young boys" stereotype subtext.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bown posted:

I watched the first episode of that and I could just about handle them being horrible shits to each other the entire time (it is the point of the show after all, hence the title) but not the creepy as gently caress "elderly gay men love young boys" stereotype subtext.

Ehhh, for some reason I was able to separate out the stereotype baggage and say "It's just a show about two vain shits who value the youth they no longer have, so of course they're going to drool over the handsome new neighbor when he comes around." Mark me down for greater media ignorance if you'd like.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Under the Dome returns tonight which I'm sure you're all very excited about.

Imagine my surprise when I thought some milquetoast summer replacement turned out to be one of the most popular things on TV at the moment.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Are they still under the same dome this season? If not, what happened to the first dome?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Irish Joe posted:

Are they still under the same dome this season? If not, what happened to the first dome?

It's the same dome but now it's ~magnetic~.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Irish Joe posted:

It's a snowglobe this time. Turns out this is a prequel to St. Elsewhere.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Remember how we were all like "Pfffff that ancient Egypt show on Fox is gonna get so loving cancelled". Well it did already.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Slamhound posted:

The Leftovers was boring and stupid.

I got pretty bored about halfway through too. Silent smoking cult was not really all that interesting and the rest of it could be dropped into any small town america scenario. Show is going to need to pull a Jericho real fast or I don't see watching it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Not really sure what you guys were expecting. Lindelof came right out and said it was Lost without any of the things that made Lost interesting.

edit: this was posted in the commercials thread, but it deserves to be reposted here. I defy you not to laugh at child slaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 1, 2014

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Irish Joe posted:

Not really sure what you guys were expecting. Lindelof came right out and said it was Lost without any of the things that made Lost interesting.

edit: this was posted in the commercials thread, but it deserves to be reposted here. I defy you not to laugh at child slaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

You can't have slaughter without laughter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Irish Joe posted:

I knew nothing about it until I saw a commercial before The Weekly Show.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
A classroom of children? Does he mean a regular class of 20-30 kids, or one of those remedial English classes with like 6 students? This is important.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Shame on you

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Shame on you

Occupation did it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

zoux posted:

Remember how we were all like "Pfffff that ancient Egypt show on Fox is gonna get so loving cancelled". Well it did already.

I can't remember if I ever knew that show existed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It actually didn't.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

loving hell, why isn't he in the TMNT movie?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

It actually didn't.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Irish Joe posted:

Yahoo owns Flicker and Tumbler.

How do Flickr and Tumblr make money?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

SEO social network join the conversation hashtag stuff?

Also I'm annoyed that Twitter isn't called Twittr

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

zoux posted:

I'm sure the regular viewing public would've been confused as to why there were white people in Egypt, because apparently no one seems to understand how Egyptian history works and think it's all pharaohs and pyramids up until 1960.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sober posted:

I'm sure the regular viewing public would've been confused as to why there were white people in Egypt, because apparently no one seems to understand how Egyptian history works and think it's all pharaohs and pyramids up until 1960.

Indiana Jones.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Well, Jesus was white, right? And he saved all those Jews from big bad Eqypt.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Sober posted:

Egyptian history? that's all greek to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

Well, Jesus was white, right? And he saved all those Jews from big bad Eqypt.

I have it on good authority that Jesus was Batman, actually.

Wait, no, that was Bruce Wayne. Sorry.

• Locked thread