Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Well it's Tuesday so obviously Tacos were on the menu but now I don't know :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I don't see what's so surprising about the claim that cooking food in fat makes it taste better.

GuyinCognito
Nov 26, 2008

by Ralp
Did you know that you could any scene in the show house and stitch a bunch of them together and it would seem like any average house show?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This Cook Put Butter in a Pan. You Won't Believe What Happened Next.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Joementum posted:

This Cook Put Butter in a Pan. You Won't Believe What Happened Next.

She spouted some racist poo poo and got her show canceled.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Joementum posted:

I don't see what's so surprising about the claim that cooking food in fat makes it taste better.
Yeah it's tough to argue against. But people will try!

edit: also "World of Warfare" edition. Hm.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 1, 2014

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Holy poo poo who put this thread here?

Did I miss out on burger chat?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

Someone rubbed a magic lamp, and a genie created this thread. Nobody anger this genie with Experimental D&D Gunchat.

quote:

The best burger I ever had was a steamed burger. It was also free which may have tainted my judgment on the burger.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bob James posted:

Someone rubbed a magic lamp, and a genie created this thread. Nobody anger this genie with Experimental D&D Gunchat.

The best burger I ever had was a steamed burger. It was also free which may have tainted my judgment on the burger.

Steamed burger. What an interesting concept. Did it have beetroot on it by any chance?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Hello everyone, my name is Avshalom and since the start of this year I've had numerous recurring dreams that the ghost of Ariel Sharon is my friend and sends me on cryptic quests that I inevitably fail. It's nice to meet you all.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

fukken Americans don't know poo poo about burgers; have to be told in the NYT that a half pound patty is bad.
Shameful burger connoisseurs.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avshalom posted:

Hello everyone, my name is Avshalom and since the start of this year I've had numerous recurring dreams that the ghost of Ariel Sharon is my friend and sends me on cryptic quests that I inevitably fail. It's nice to meet you all.

IDGI

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Here you go.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I dreamt that he told me to deliver a seminar on the Truth, but on the way there, I was distracted by a young Indian orphan selling lap harps in a back alleyway. We had a harp-playing competition. I lost decisively. As the people jeered, I went on my way only to find that I'd missed my own seminar appointment by several hours and the building was now locked behind a barbed-wire fence. When I told Ariel what I'd done, he told me that he wasn't angry, just disappointed.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

When I click on that link Senor Lowtax insists there were no results matching my search query to display.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Vladimir Poutine posted:

When I click on that link Senor Lowtax insists there were no results matching my search query to display.
That's because you're looking for a ghost.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I dreamt that Ariel told me to dig up his decomposing body and feed it haunches of roast beef until it regenerated its flesh and returned to life. But when I was done, all that I had was a mouldering skeleton full of wasted meat and a confused, annoyed spectre.

e: If you have any questions for Ariel, please direct them via me.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avshalom posted:

I dreamt that he told me to deliver a seminar on the Truth, but on the way there, I was distracted by a young Indian orphan selling lap harps in a back alleyway. We had a harp-playing competition. I lost decisively. As the people jeered, I went on my way only to find that I'd missed my own seminar appointment by several hours and the building was now locked behind a barbed-wire fence. When I told Ariel what I'd done, he told me that he wasn't angry, just disappointed.

I knew Andy Koffman wasn't dead, but who could have predicted he'd wind up here?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Avshalom posted:

I dreamt that Ariel told me to dig up his decomposing body and feed it haunches of roast beef until it regenerated its flesh and returned to life. But when I was done, all that I had was a mouldering skeleton full of wasted meat and a confused, annoyed spectre.

e: If you have any questions for Ariel, please direct them via me.
tell him to suck my dick

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Avshalom posted:

It's posts like this why I never got into FYAD clones. We were happy having Experimental D&D Burgerchat and I was about to post how easily that would work as the lyrics to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1DZ9FdX6V0&feature=kp

Now I've got to see if FOMO beats my desire to not read that block of text.

edit: these blocks of text.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

R. Mute posted:

tell him to suck my dick
Okay.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm talking about burgers here people. sheesh.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
How is everyone this fine evening?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I've learned this neat trick from YLLS called calorie counting. 90-10 ground meats help that out a lot.

So far I'm down over 60lbs between eating not poo poo, not drinking as much, and lifting weights. GOP-induced anger helps that last one a lot.

I'm with you, though. If I were to grill up a bunch of burgers for my homies I'd go with 80-20 or 85-15. Good advice to learn your meats and the cuts you get!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Beetroot on the burger is better than pineapple on a burger.

Fact.

Sorry in advance for showing avshalom this thread.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I thought burgerchat was just the settled state of AusPol, but now I learn all of D&D does it???

Surely you guys at least realise that pineapple is wrong in every way to put on a bun.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

willus posted:

How is everyone this fine evening?

"It's morning in America." ~ Ronald Wilson Reagan

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Hardboiled eggs are a good way to lose weight because they are reasonably filling, very nutritious and only ~70 calories apiece.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cheekio posted:

We were happy having Experimental D&D Burgerchat and I was about to post how easily that would work as the lyrics to this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1DZ9FdX6V0&feature=kp

Australia takes its burgers and poo poo posting pretty seriously. At the Sydney meetup most people ate a burger; FACT.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Sorry in advance for showing avshalom this thread.
Ariel told me that the right medium for the truth would be obvious when I found it, and I do believe that I have.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
When are we having the next Sydney meet-up? I'd like to come and spend the entire time in eerie, bug-eyed silence.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Tokamak posted:

Australia takes its burgers and poo poo posting pretty seriously. At the Sydney meetup most people ate a burger; FACT.

The Sydney meetup happened like a week after burgerchat though and lines had to be drawn.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Avshalom posted:

When are we having the next Sydney meet-up? I'd like to come and spend the entire time in eerie, bug-eyed silence.

Never, because we are a bunch of incompetent goons who languished on when to do it until the last minute. It happened because I got the organiser to read my post telling them to check their email, after a few other people wondering what's going on.

:goons:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Avshalom posted:

Hardboiled eggs are a good way to lose weight because they are reasonably filling, very nutritious and only ~70 calories apiece.

Eggs are a pretty great all around, really. Like a dollar a dozen.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
Lets have another Sydney meetup I would like to invent a flimsy excuse for you all as to why I can't make it.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I will be grooming my majestic penis hair on that day.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Last time I went to Luna Park, I forgot that I'm afraid of heights and then had a panic attack on the ferris wheel and they had to stop the entire thing to let me off.

Let's meet up at Luna Park.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DemeaninDemon posted:

Eggs are a pretty great all around, really. Like a dollar a dozen.

My last big health kick I was smashing two boiled eggs a morning. Was a good breakfast. Now I make a more luxurious flourless quiche (guess you could call it a frittata) just with eggs and cottage cheese and bacon and cheddar and mushrooms and chilli's. Make a big batch, freeze it and reheat for breakfast for the rest of the week.

You're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm going to bed now. Xylo, please don't ban me overnight for whatever reason.

• Locked thread