Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kanos posted:

Sony owns. They said preload starts on 6/26 but never put it up, then they said they'd put the game up at midnight tonight but it's still not up. I'm going to be up all night anyway so I guess I'll check at 12 PST but I'm betting it won't be up until tomorrow evening.

A rep said it won't be up until the normal PSN update on Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

KoB posted:

Well isn't that fantastic, why bother advertising pre-loading in the first place?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Dramicus posted:

Well isn't that fantastic, why bother advertising pre-loading in the first place?

Which Gundam is this and for which platform?

Edit: looks like GW:Reborn and for PS3. Derp.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

KoB posted:

This looks correct. Just checked and it's not up as of 12:10 PST, which almost assuredly means it won't be up until whenever some dude at Sony can be bothered to press the button tomorrow afternoon.

Dramicus posted:

PSN is really, extraordinarily bad about pre-loads and midnight releases in general. They're not remotely as accurate or responsive about it as Steam and even asking different Sony reps will often get you different answers to when something is actually going to be available.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well I thought the pre-loading thing was just for PS4 titles so I guess I'm glad I didn't know otherwise or I'd probably be kind of irritated right now. Not that I should be buying the game anyway since I'm kind of broke and am still wrapping up DW8XL.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Will DWGR have a physical release in the states?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

No.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

Man, for a second i thought i ended up in the Dark Souls thread and got very confused.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I guess we are never going to get the blur fix patch that Japan got months ago for the PS4 version of DW8. Man, why does the North American side of their operations seem to be so poo poo? I just want the drat depth of field option that the Japanese got.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Japanese game companies tend to despise their western customers. Being a fan of a Japanese game series is an exercise in Stockholm/Battered Person Syndrome. :sigh:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

No idea how or why but DWG: Reborn just started its download!

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

TARDISman posted:

No idea how or why but DWG: Reborn just started its download!

Someone post in here when I can buy it, page was just an overview with no buy link earlier :(

Edit: and it's up!

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 1, 2014

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
If I've never watched Gundam, and don't plan too, and the most I ever had anything to do with the series was a Gundam action figure a friend got me as a present when I was 11 will/could I enjoy this new Gundam game? Is it like DW where I can just blow up robots with a cool laser sword?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you were able to enjoy DW without knowing about the Three Kingdoms beforehand I imagine so. The gameplay is mostly identical.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nutranurse posted:

Japanese game companies tend to despise their western customers. Being a fan of a Japanese game series is an exercise in Stockholm/Battered Person Syndrome. :sigh:

Being a Yakuza fan is the truest form of suffering.

KoB
May 1, 2009

PureRok posted:

If I've never watched Gundam, and don't plan too, and the most I ever had anything to do with the series was a Gundam action figure a friend got me as a present when I was 11 will/could I enjoy this new Gundam game? Is it like DW where I can just blow up robots with a cool laser sword?

The voices are all in Japanese, if that matters to you. Theres no English dub.

Its only $40 so you could do worse. Theres tons of robots with big guns and swords n poo poo.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

If I pick a character for Ambition Mode, am I committed to that character or can I switch on the fly?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

a cartoon duck posted:

If I pick a character for Ambition Mode, am I committed to that character or can I switch on the fly?

You're stuck with them until you beat up the other dudes. Thankfully it doesn't take very long to get a lot of characters.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

a cartoon duck posted:

You can switch between any playable officer you have while in the camp.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

PureRok posted:

I was never a fan of Gundam (the weird space drama thing most of them ended up being turned me off, since I was just in it for the gigantic robots) but so far the gundam wing game is pretty rad. It shortens all the big arcs into a few cutscenes from what I can tell which speeds them up to much more tolerable, and gives you enough plot that you feel like there's a point to killing a billion robots. It's fun, too, I'm a pretty big fan so far.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Looking at the store, apparently all the DLC for DWG: Reborn went up as well, so there that is.
DLC includes the Crossbone Gundam, GP-03 from Stardust Memories, Wing Zero Custom, Full-Armor Unicorn, and the 00 Qan[T] along with a decent amount of mission bundles. New Mobile Suits will run you $5 each and mission packs are are either $2 or $3 each. If you don't want to deal with that, there's a bundle of everything for $30. I'll probably pick that up in about a week or two after screwing around with everything else.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Is anyone else's download going super slow?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Sonata Mused posted:

Mine seems to speed up and slow down periodically.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Hivac posted:

You're stuck with them until you beat up the other dudes. Thankfully it doesn't take very long to get a lot of characters.

In fact, doesn't the game basically give you a second playable character in your first outing?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Shima Honnou posted:

In fact, doesn't the game basically give you a second playable character in your first outing?

Yea, it's part of one of the tutorials.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sonata Mused posted:

Store's probably being hammered since they decided to do a sale as well as dump the latest ps+ offerings on the same day.

Edit: and I'm really annoyed because I've been waiting for hours for my download to finish. This is the only DW series I buy every title for.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Welp, I'm only up to 5%... great.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Waiting for Reborn to download. Coming from the PS4 makes me really hate everything about the PS3 online structure ("No downloads during standby? THE loving 360 HAD THIS!")

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Waiting for Reborn to download. Coming from the PS4 makes me really hate everything about the PS3 online structure ("No downloads during standby? THE loving 360 HAD THIS!")

It does have this, but you need Playstation Plus IIRC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

It does have this, but you need Playstation Plus IIRC.

It also works like complete poo poo.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Ive been enjoying DWG Reborn so far. Definitely gets pretty framey when I massacre a ton of dudes. The charged shot adds a different layer compared to the previous games that I like so far.

I did the story mode for MSG which was good, and the SEED story which I liked less because I dont like how the Freedom fights. Switching the backpacks on the Strike was kind of interesting.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Crosbones Gundam is overpowered as gently caress. I just took it for a spin completely stock without any upgrades and its moveset is basically a never-ending whirlwind of murder.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im really not enjoying having to use the ps3 controller after playing on the ps4 for awhile. At least the game is pretty fun. Is anything really weird/cool in the game like knight gundam?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You can use a PS4 pad on the PS3. The most recent firmware update even enabled wireless connection (go to system, manage bluetooth accessories, scan for bluetooth devices while holding PS Button, Share, and the track pad down). Not every game works, you get no rumble or motion controls, and the PS button doesn't work so you might want to keep the PS3 pad around just for that.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fauxtool posted:

Im really not enjoying having to use the ps3 controller after playing on the ps4 for awhile. At least the game is pretty fun. Is anything really weird/cool in the game like knight gundam?

Wasn't there an update recently that allowed you to use a PS4 controller with the PS3?

EDIT: beaten

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dramicus posted:

Holy poo poo Crosbones Gundam is overpowered as gently caress. I just took it for a spin completely stock without any upgrades and its moveset is basically a never-ending whirlwind of murder.

As it drat well should be. Some of the best drat UC suits they are. :colbert:

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
The new 'Big In Japan' sale on the EU PSN Store has loads of Dynasty Warriors games in it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/big-in-japan/cid=STORE-MSF75508-BIG_IN_JAPAN_CH

from a quick look it has:
DW8
DW7 - empires
WO3
Bladestorm
FOTNS - Ken's Rage 2
DW6
DW6 - empires
DW7
DW7 - XL

from what I could see, prices aren't crazy cheap, seem to be in the €15-€20 range, shame that even the older games are similarly priced to later releases.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Chewy Bitems posted:

FOTNS - Ken's Rage 2

Chewy Bitems posted:

€15-€20 range

Must resist :shepicide:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo don't buy Ken's Rage 2 it's arguably the worst modern Warriors game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Falcon2001 posted:

I was never a fan of Gundam (the weird space drama thing most of them ended up being turned me off, since I was just in it for the gigantic robots)

Stop what you're doing right now and go watch Build Fighters. Star Build Strike, Crossbone Maoh and Sengoku Astray better be in the next DWG I swear to god.

edit: How the gently caress have I not put the BF OSTs as my custom soundtrack yet?

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 3, 2014