Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Just got Club Nintendo plat yesterday... Feeling good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

that game is sick as hell

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Bad news for those who were waiting for the June meeting to see how large the drop in confidence investors had in Iwata was:

quote:

Iwata, 2013:
Approve: 772,384
Oppose: 218,960
Approval Rating: 77.26%

Iwata, 2014:
Approve: 777,999
Oppose: 169,240
Approval Rating: 80.64%

It went up three percent.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Bad news for those who were waiting for the June meeting to see how large the drop in confidence investors had in Iwata was:

his kung fu was too strong

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All of Nintendo's bad decisions were because of the growth on Iwata-sama's bile duct, and now its been removed.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Doflamingo posted:

loving IWATA, THAT'S WHO

That's a rad gif. Where did it come from? They should put reggie and iwata in smash.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Neat, and his actual vote total went up too which is nice but I see a big missing chunk too. Was that from the stock buy-back?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

The_Frag_Man posted:

That's a rad gif. Where did it come from? They should put reggie and iwata in smash.

Nintendo's E3 presentation. Reggie and Iwata are, for all intents and purposes, in Smash insomuch as Miis are in Smash and you can make anyone into a Mii. That was actually a large part of the presentation.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Anybody who hasn't watched Nintendo's E3 show yet probably should.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Heh yeah and then you can watch Barney and Wonderpets afterwards :rolleyes: :smug: :smug:

mick foley forever
Dec 15, 2013

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh, cool. Meanwhile, as a guy who spends a lot of time doing computer stuff here's how I would improve nintendo:

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

mick foley forever posted:

Oh, cool. Meanwhile, as a guy who spends a lot of time doing computer stuff here's how I would improve nintendo:

you left off how you would improve Nintando

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Just got Club Nintendo plat yesterday... Feeling good...

The most we got last year was a soundtrack for a game which already had an available soundtrack as a platinum reward. Compare to Japan, which got Days of Ruin fully in its native language for the very first time.

Don't expect much.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The best Club Nintendo prize I can remember was the Mario hat. Last year were the cards, no? Before that the Majora's Mask soundtrack, and before that something really stupid?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
You had to choose between the Mario Hat or a WiiWare version of Punch-Out!! for the Wii that is just a single fight against Doc. The hat isn't even really wearable though, even including a disclaimer that says the hat is fun to hold while taking pictures indoors with your friends, wish I was joking.

The best prizes were when it first started out though. The very first one remember was the Zelda Collector's Edition. This was before app stores, DLC and stuff existed at all on consoles and handhelds so getting Zelda/Zelda 2/Ocarina/Majora's Mask on one disk was insane. The other cool one they had was the Metroid Prime 2 demo disk with all the Metroid timeline stuff on it, though this one later got mass released as a pack-in with Metroid Prime itself and was also included with Gamecubes that had Metroid Prime bundled with it. Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition did come out as well though as part of a Gamecube bundle with it and Wind Waker in one package (iirc only Wal-Mart carried this).

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 1, 2014

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Pssht my daughter loves the Mario hat, get a kid.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Louisgod posted:

something really stupid?

PINS!

25 5¢ PINS!

WOWOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man I hope it's a soundtrack, pretty much all of the recent Nintendo games I can think of have great music.

At the same time that would be pretty pointless as all of the music is just up on Youtube or whatever buuuuuut

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Slur posted:

Compare to Japan, which got Days of Ruin fully in its native language for the very first time.

So we're getting Mother 3?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Toad King posted:

Never.

Nintendo will simply continue to joke about its existence (or lack there of) in E3 pressers.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Best Nintendo Club reward was the Mario and Zelda throw pillows in the shape of the 8 bit spites.

But America was deemed unworthy to ever own them.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Toad King posted:

do not gently caress with me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Yaoi Mandel posted:

do not gently caress with me.

nintendo hosed with us all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CePk795Xum4

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

What was that game Sony mentioned like seven times but never actually talked about? I recall a bunch of people complaining about it. Something ribbon??

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Toad King posted:

lmao I really hope that the fan translated Mother 3 on the Wii U VC is the platinum reward just because of how loving angry it would make people

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

deadwing posted:

lmao I really hope that the fan translated Mother 3 on the Wii U VC is the platinum reward just because of how loving angry it would make people

That would literally be the best troll in the history of gaming. Do it, Nintendo :colbert:

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Excels posted:

What was that game Sony mentioned like seven times but never actually talked about? I recall a bunch of people complaining about it. Something ribbon??

Vib Ribbon? It was an incredibly obscure PSX game that their new president or whatever brought up out of nowhere. It was literally "hey remember this sweet niche game we made 15 years ago? Me too. Good times."

But nobody expects a new Vib Ribbon game, so it was just odd.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

abagofcheetos posted:

Vib Ribbon? It was an incredibly obscure PSX game that their new president or whatever brought up out of nowhere. It was literally "hey remember this sweet niche game we made 15 years ago? Me too. Good times."

But nobody expects a new Vib Ribbon game, so it was just odd.

Why would anyone want a new Vib Ribbon game, it looked like it was 20 years old when it came out and other games have done the "procedurally generated levels based on music tracks" thing much better since then.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

Why would anyone want a new Vib Ribbon game, it looked like it was 20 years old when it came out and other games have done the "procedurally generated levels based on music tracks" thing much better since then.

Well, I think the idea was the brand new president was trying to show his street cred by saying he was the guy that gave the OK for Vib Ribbon to be made. Which is cool and all... but it was kind of a blue balls, because he didn't announce another cool quirky game. He just said, "check out what I did in the past, see ya!"

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Toad King posted:

I wish I was young and optimistic like you.

I wish I was optimistic like you.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

deadwing posted:

Slur posted:

I wish I was young and optimistic like you.

I wish I was optimistic like you.

hahahaha it's already started.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,

Just buy an ez flash iv and play Mother 3 the way god intended... not released by Nintendo

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
the people who think they are smart businessmen who are poorly trolling are loving pathetic. Also, Nintendo's E3 showing basically got me to buy a wii u. Add real_tupac

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's pretty entertaining. :)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

O__O posted:

the people who think they are smart businessmen who are poorly trolling are loving pathetic. Also, Nintendo's E3 showing basically got me to buy a wii u. Add real_tupac

No one cares whether you bought a Wii U, or have a general fondness of terrible gaming products. Fact is: The Wii U is an unmitigated flop; apparently Nintendo's executives aren't "smart businessmen".

Obviously, Nintendo's upcoming and half-finished-at-release fitness gimmick will save the company!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

O__O posted:

Will do. Unfortunately, my Wii U hasn't come in yet :(

I don't even have a tracking code :(

"EA Electronics" had a high rating on Amazon, so I thought it was safe. Let's hope it arrives here soon.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

PrBacterio posted:

That would literally be the best troll in the history of gaming. Do it, Nintendo :colbert:

that was supposed to imply it's not available elsewhere, obviously

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fame Douglas posted:

No one cares whether you bought a Wii U, or have a general fondness of terrible gaming products. Fact is: The Wii U is an unmitigated flop; apparently Nintendo's executives aren't "smart businessmen".

Obviously, Nintendo's upcoming and half-finished-at-release fitness gimmick will save the company!

yawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Fame Douglas posted:

no one cares if people are suddenly buying the WiiU at quadruple the previous rate, we have already decided it is a flop and nothing can save it now!!!

• Locked thread