Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I too go to worldtruth.tv for all my science news.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

FirstAidKite posted:

:rolleyes: Shared by a friend of mine.

Or if you don't wanna raise two kids mom how about we kill you and BAM you don't gotta raise nobody

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

FirstAidKite posted:

"If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms"

Childbirth, virtually risk-free!

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

I've seen loads of people die, the only beliefs that it's made stronger in me is 'it's a bloody stupid idea to race motorbikes' and 'don't point guns at people unless you want them to cease existing'

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

FirstAidKite posted:

Shared by two people on my Facebook yesterday, including my sister. :( I had to restrict myself so hard from not writing some apeshit comment about how great and wonderful it was she had a male doctor to tell her what to do with her body and completely ignoring her choice, along with everything else wrong with this stupid motherfucking post.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

FirstAidKite posted:

Ah yes, late into the third trimester. The most common time for abortions.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Come on, you know the baby is fully formed as soon as conception happens. You should also know that abortions are preformed by jamming a stick blender up there and making a baby smoothie.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
All those posts about the dumb text and none about the horror show going on in the picture.

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

FirstAidKite posted:

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

The doctor smiled, realizing that he was a loving psychopath.

Occupy Sesame Street!
Nov 20, 2012

BobFossil posted:

He just loooooves death! :unsmigghh:

Wait, wrong thread. Still works.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

BobFossil posted:

A woman goes to her doctor and expresses concern about being able to financially support two small children. Ideally she would have some time between births to assess her situation, but her doctor is more concerned with pushing his agenda than her and her family's well-being. She feels pressured to keep the child and ends up moving back in with her parents under the strain of extra childcare costs, losing her job, and the doctor makes six figures every year, cheerfully continuing to examine her annually while she silently wonders how things could have been different had she not voiced her concerns to him. The second child suffers from a considerable amount of emotional anguish because of the way his mother treats him differently than his older sister, but he does not understand why. Somehow, he will turn out reasonably well-adjusted, but countless children like him will not.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Buzkashi posted:

A woman goes to her doctor and expresses concern about being able to financially support two small children. Ideally she would have some time between births to assess her situation, but her doctor is more concerned with pushing his agenda than her and her family's well-being. She feels pressured to keep the child and ends up moving back in with her parents under the strain of extra childcare costs, losing her job, and the doctor makes six figures every year, cheerfully continuing to examine her annually while she silently wonders how things could have been different had she not voiced her concerns to him. The second child suffers from a considerable amount of emotional anguish because of the way his mother treats him differently than his older sister, but he does not understand why. Somehow, he will turn out reasonably well-adjusted, but countless children like him will not.

SHE SHOULD LEARN TO KEEP HER LEGS CLOSED!

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

All problems would be solved if everybody just kept their genitalia in their pants.

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!
I posted this in the D&D thread, but since we're on the subject of those dirty sluts keeping their legs closed I'll post it here too. Bob Frapples is the OP's wife.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

hamster_style posted:

I posted this in the D&D thread, but since we're on the subject of those dirty sluts keeping their legs closed I'll post it here too. Bob Frapples is the OP's wife.

boop boop freedom of religion is also freedom from religious persecution boop boop

Orgophlax has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Jul 1, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BobFossil posted:

Pro lifers have never pretended to care about the well being of a child after it's be born. They only care about potential. Once born it's a sinner, I guess.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Pro lifers have never pretended to care about the well being of a child after it's be born. They only care about potential. Once born it's a sinner, I guess.

The pro-life movement isn't about caring for a fetus's potential. It's all about punishing women for daring to have sex.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011
I love how people don't realize that throughout all of history (and with some native tribes that still exist in south america right now) if they have a second unwanted child they dash it's head in the second it's born, otherwise both children will die of starvation. Unless the doctor in that story will personally pay for the expenses or hand her off to a charity that will abortion would be a safer/wiser choice.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

hamster_style posted:

Also, isn't there alot of controversy in the scientific community as to how IUDs and the lack work? And they are actually starting to come down on the side that it doesn't actually prevent a fertilized egg from implanting.

Fake edit: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/03/heres-why-hobby-lobby-thinks-iuds-are-like-abortions/284382/
Apparently it varies and we generally don't know, but for the most part it kills sperm.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I remember that movie.

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Sometimes, it's the small things in this thread that get me.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
So Robin Thicke's management decided a Twitter ask-a-thon was a good idea. It ended about as well as you'd expect.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Zero Star posted:

So Robin Thicke's management decided a Twitter ask-a-thon was a good idea. It ended about as well as you'd expect.

did he rape someone or something?

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Fandyien posted:

Nope, just wrote rape-y songs.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Celebrated abortion drug, Plan B. Guess we better start charging women for murder whenever one doesn't release an egg on time.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Fandyien posted:

He wrote a very popular, very misogynistic song, the main hook being the words "I know you want it."

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

trapped mouse posted:

He wrote a very popular, very misogynistic song, the main hook being the words "I know you want it."
And then his wife left him, so he wrote a song about wanting her back.

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

Buzkashi posted:

lyk dis if u agre.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
George Takei reported that contraception thing and the comments are going horribly.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

FirstAidKite posted:

Xenomorph jokes are too easy.

(but seriously, the foot imprint is really disturbing-looking)

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
The level of ignorance surrounding this Hobby Lobby/Supreme Court ruling is just astounding. 3 people have been deleted off my Facebook since posting some of the most juvenile, misogynistic poo poo I've ever read.

Facebook Friend Off '14: I Was There!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Redczar posted:

Short and sweet with horribleness throughout

I really liked how they spelled gently caress - "phuq." I'm going to take it for a spin.

What the phuq?! Yeah, that's the good poo poo.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

I loving love Frankie Boyle.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

FirstAidKite posted:

That reads like it was written by FunnyGuyWithLaughing.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Oddly enough, so far my Facebook's been fairly quiet about the Hobby Lobby thing. The person I was expecting to explode over it who's More Feminist Than Thou is currently raging over the new Wonder Woman team saying "We want her to be a strong -- I don't want to say feminist, but a strong character. Beautiful, but strong." So far it's not really gotten threadworthy, but if it does, I'll share.

In the meantime, since Unschooling was asked, I do have a homeschooler friended. When we shared some classes together back in Community College, she didn't seem the type other than leaning towards being a crunchy momma. Since she's gone the stay at home mom route, she's been homeschooling. Not for religious reasons, but more anti-establishment stick it to the Man type and she's often griping about how hard it is to find non-religious focused homeschool textbooks. So here's a few gems from her:

The nature's flu shots one amuses me in there's no way to really know if it worked or one just got over the flu on your own, and with the call social services for not having organic food sounds like something they'd say 'we'll get right on that after child near beaten to death with an extension cord and the ones growing up in the meth lab'.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:suicide:

I just want to strangle the kid. He goes on and on for months about how lonely he is then BAM. Proves his own existence.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
My oldest was homeschooled. He is medically diagnosed Aspergers and I thought it would be best. I dropped out of several homeschooling groups because of people like that. We didn't use any sort of traditional schooling program and really did "unschool". For us that meant weekly field trips, projects about things he was interested in, and his dad and I were very involved. It was exhausting.

He is 22 now and passed the GED with the highest score in the area without having the prep course. He's currently researching horticulture and sustainable agriculture college programs trying to decide what to do next. Most people who meet him, including a woman who teaches special education in high school, don't know he has Asperger's.

The other two kids went to school because they are better off there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I don't think Pink Floyd's The Wall is really an endorsement of homeschooling.

• Locked thread