Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Movies I have watched in that past 48 Hours.

13 Assassins
Mulan
Fearless
Ip Man

Nearly ready...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Any idea what time this is going to unlock? midnight? 10 am?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

nucleicmaxid posted:

They haven't said a time as far as I can tell, but I'd assume they open the servers sometime during the business day in wherever their American offices are.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

nucleicmaxid posted:

Check the last page.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

upping the game with more videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W1ym3yggR4

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Drinkfist posted:

13 Assassins
Mulan
Fearless
Ip Man

Nearly ready...

14 Blades, definitely a good Donnie Yen movie.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

13 Assassins
Mulan
Fearless
Ip Man

Nearly ready...

13 assassins need more love. Its another iteration of the eternal story of honor and death but by the Buddha it is beautifully told. Also 14 blades for some RG goodness even if they are not in this game.

I could never get behind Ip Man. No matter how much China movie making try to turn him into a heroic national patriot(one of the few non political figure past the cultural revolution getting this treatment) it feel more like the guy was just an opium addict who sadly squandered his talent halfway up his life.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

not long now. I think

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

BERGfu posted:

not long now. I think

holding my breath!

poo poo looks like its 2pm pdt

Delerion fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 1, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

pinpointerror on Arc forums posted:

We are aiming for 2pm PDT (Pacific) for both early access on Tuesday and wide access on Thursday.

Time converter for Tuesday, 7/1, for reference: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Swordsman+Open+Beta+Early+Access+Start+Time&iso=20140701T14&p1=224
Post edited by pinpointerror at 8:35PM

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Syndlig posted:

14 Blades, definitely a good Donnie Yen movie.

I went with "The Raid" for my fifth. Starting up Battle Royale next.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I wish I kept up with learning to read Chinese, I'd be reading the original Swordsman novel this game is based on right now (Xiao Ao Jiang Hu). I might give it a try if it looks less buggy/more promising the 9Dragons, Age of Wushu, and other wannabe Wu Xia MMOs. All of them have been disappointing in some shape or form for me, though that might be because of terrible localisation.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well here we are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwfLgXJpQd0

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

13 Assassins
Mulan
Fearless
Ip Man

Nearly ready...

What was that one we watched where Jet Li returns from WW2 and beats up all the dishonourable Americans?

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

So what's the difference between this and Wushu? Why would I play this instead of that?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Baron O Beefdip posted:

So what's the difference between this and Wushu? Why would I play this instead of that?

randombattle posted:

It's also not run by snail games and oh my god that cannot be mentioned enough.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Baron O Beefdip posted:

It looks better and the company involved isn't Snail Games.

e: Sadly the op is wrong and there isn't an actual Pokemon system with child slaves, but most of the other crap is on point.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Kegslayer posted:

What was that one we watched where Jet Li returns from WW2 and beats up all the dishonourable Americans?

I think it was Born to Defence, and it was fantastic.

I think i'll have to pick this up, been so long since AoW that i'm really looking for a chinagame2.exe.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011
I recommend Three Kingdoms (2010) for anyone wanting some ancient chinese action to help get in the mood. It's incredibly long, but all up on youtube. That old image of Cao Cao laughing at Yuan Shao got me to try it out and I didn't regret the ride.

It also features liu bei throwing a baby on the ground. :china:

Are we using CTS or do we have our own mumble set up?

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

It looks better and the company involved isn't Snail Games.

e: Sadly the op is wrong and there isn't an actual Pokemon system with child slaves, but most of the other crap is on point.

Did you not get high enough level to get a free pokemon? Okay yes technically they are mostly like, people, or animals, but you can teach them moves.

I will be the pokemon master.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Man what level was this? Clearly I did not play the beta long enough.

e: Sorry I ever doubted you Reggin, clearly I should have known better.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 1, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

Man what level was this? Clearly I did not play the beta long enough.

e: Sorry I ever doubted you Reggin, clearly I should have known better.

He's actually not being facetiousness about the pokeman thing either. You want the pet maid, you go and beat up maids until you can cast the capture item on them. Level wise I think it was 25

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Clearly insane Taoist pokemon master must now be my life goal.

e: I also can't believe this isn't something I heard people talking about while playing. I don't know that I'd ever *stop* talking about it.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 1, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

e: I also can't believe this isn't something I heard people talking about while playing. I don't know that I'd ever *stop* talking about it.

They literally will pick up items and sell them for you.

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

There is like some kind of event on Sundays that I think is about companions, but it requires level 50+, so my goal is to like grind to 50 before the first Sunday. I don't think any of us actually really understand the whole pet system yet though. I'm going to try and figure out if it has value in PVP.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Looks like there's going to be two US East servers, claymore and rapier.

Also level cap is 89 for the moment.

http://forums.arcgames.com/en/#/discussion/1282/swordsman-open-beta-faq

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

13 Assassins
Mulan
Fearless
Ip Man

Nearly ready...

If you haven't, you need to watch Red Cliffs.

Also, there are some great TV series made in Taiwan around the Wuxia series. They used to be on youtube, and I want to say they were subbed. Laughing smiling wanderer (笑傲江湖) and the condor trilogy (Legend of the Condor Heroes, Return of the Condor Heroes, Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber)/(射鵰英雄傳, 神鵰俠侶, 倚天屠龍記) are by FAR my favorite

EDIT: Looks like this dude on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/HueNgocZoeTay/videos) has my favorite adaptation for Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber.

skystream92 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 1, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ok Claymore it is. Hopefully I can talk to blood of evil and see if they are playing with us.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Third World Reggin posted:

Ok Claymore it is. Hopefully I can talk to blood of evil and see if they are playing with us.

Ecccck I am not liking this number of servers. Merges are always painful and I think they may be overextending their reach.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007
Has everyone decided what school to play yet? I've been thinking either Zephyr or Splendor.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuGy72vdo4_ScwTYb1bAynhBs3KgowvvQ

This is the 2013 remake of Swordsman/Smiling Proud Warrior. It's got some of the same actors as the previously mentioned Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber, and is English subbed.

Also, they're taking a similar route as Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber by starting way before the original story's start and giving a lot more back story.

jwang fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 1, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Well this is interesting. I have early access but I can't launch the game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

From what I can see it isn't open yet or the right time for like 4 hours.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

skystream92 posted:

Has everyone decided what school to play yet? I've been thinking either Zephyr or Splendor.

I am trying to decide between the same but don't forget about this brand new feature of being able to make more than one character!!!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Here is some more wuxia stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33A390995E9A7F00

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYRGCE_sj_lE0NmQ2Wi_Tzi5OUZ8qG4RE

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYRGCE_sj_lE1Ii96dtuBXYjf-Nv152mi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2i7GsxKfz8

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

From what I can see it isn't open yet or the right time for like 4 hours.

Oh then how are people able to see the servers or is this related to something completely else?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You mean the ones listed in that beta faq on their forums?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

You mean the ones listed in that beta faq on their forums?

there we go. I thought you guys were able to launch the game and could see that already.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
You can look at the server list in the client, they're all just closed (one's under maintenance apparently.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Gonna make a Wutang called ManageMing, because he handles jianghu bandits and vacuums them into team building exercises. :colbert:

• Locked thread