Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

Hey bud just thought you'd like to know, really bad posts made without capitalization or punctuation does not turn said really bad posts into jokes- they still remain really bad posts.

owned by an autist, i will now take my own life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Wow. You sound as bad as Pat. "Comics are for losers."

Comics, video games, anime, and movies are all the same thing. There's AMAZING ones, bad ones, and a whole lot of mediocre ones. Giving a blanket statement that ALL are bad or something like that comes off as incredibly ignorant.

Listen man, we've got some forum strife going on here you definitely don't want a part of. The something awful anime wars have been ragin and will continue to rage for thousands of years. probably because our actual anime forum is pretty lovely.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Listen man, we've got some forum strife going on here you definitely don't want a part of. The something awful anime wars have been ragin and will continue to rage for thousands of years. probably because our actual anime forum is pretty lovely.

Let's all just agree that anime is for jerks. :shobon:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
were all jerks if you really think about it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey Matt, how possible would it be to get the Zaibatsu to come to PAX East next year? I'm not sure what part of Quebec you're in since it's massive, but that seems like one of the few major gaming conventions you could easily make it to since Massachusetts is a hop skip and a jump away from the Canadian border, and close to the same time zone for you too.

PAX East is ridiculously fun, and everyone there is there to have a good time. It's absolutely exhausting, but man, is it a blast, and Boston is a great city if you get some time to do some sightseeing(I personally recommend the Museum of Science and Boston Aquarium as must-see places). I had bought some posters from the Supergiant folks and the Galax-Z guys and after hopping into a free-play room and playing some Smash Bros with some dudes who I never even asked the names of, accidentally left my poster tube behind in the free-play room. At the end of the day, I was in a panic trying to find it and when I ran in that room, a dude was using it as a footrest and said "I knew if I held onto this thing long enough, someone would come running up to me frantically looking for it." and handed it to me with a smile.

PAX East is full of cool people. I can only think of a few things to know beforehand, and that's: don't wait in line for hours to play a particular game because gently caress that; check out the indie megabooths; bring your own food because the stuff they have there is apocalyptically expensive(I find Subway is great for bringing to the show, 1-2 subs ought to last you the entire day); make sure you plan for panels ahead of time because some of them have huge waiting lines such as the Giant Bomb panel. I bet if you held a panel it'd require the largest theater they have there.

edit: if you guys ran a panel I think that gets you an exhibitor's badge, which I BELIEVE lets you skip lines and such to play anything you want without waiting, so there's that too. Also the guys with stores there often have craaaaaazy poo poo for sale. Mint in box copies of super rare games, huge amounts of fight stick custom stuff, all sorts of things.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
It would be boss if they came to the northeast in Obama land. I shot a tweet to Matt and Pat I see if they would come to the Too Many Games conference in Philadelphia that just happened, but never got a response. I figure trips like that have to be planned out far in advance for them. Spoony, the Angry Video Game Nerd, and AlphaOmegaSin were there, and if the Zaibatsu showed up, that would have definitely tipped the scales into me buying a ticket and making the 3 hour drive to meet all of them.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt, is it possible you guy'll ever do anything with the GOOD Berserk game? Arc of the Millenium Falcon's all in JP of course but it's also mostly just that manga arc so it's not like you don't know what's going on for the most part.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
A new cast has been podded:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I81Mny8OpzY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ahahahahaha

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Matt you and Pat directly motivated me to finally start reading Berserk which I had been kicking around as an idea for years.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
The dreamcast game is fine, and the reason we are doing it is that it's translated. We've all played the PS2 Berserk game a little bit, but it's loving hard to get through and the game has tons of tutorials and it's really long. The DC game is a brief two hour affair, and much better suited for an LP.

As for cons, I plan out our schedule months in advance, and sadly we cannot go to every single one, and we especially can't afford to or have time to do so. We have rough plans to go to a big american con this year, but I can't say which until it's set in stone.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 1, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

As for cons, I plan out our schedule months in advance, and sadly we cannot go to every single one, and we especially can't afford to or have time to do so. We have rough plans to go to a big american con this year, but I can't say which until it's set in stone.

I figured as much, but appreciate the confirmation. Keep on keepin' on, you crazy fuckers.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Hey Matt!

So, is Pat a tweaker? There's the obvious times of someone mentioning crack and they'll make a seemingly not-joking comment of "pat endorses that", but: he's a twitchy guy, has been scared really easily on the mailbag (happens with sleep deprivation), he's talked about how his immune system is lowered from not sleeping ever, his pupils are always huge, a bunch of other examples etc etc. Is the joke that he's prescribed adderall or something and you guys exaggerate that "pat loves crack/pat endorses crack", or does he unabashedly like speed?

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
Pretty sure Pat is just a big anxious goony nerd but I guess that doesn't preclude him from being a speed fiend. Happy Canada Day, Matt/Zaibatsu!

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Hey Matt I'm pretty sure one of your best friends is a drug addict and I'd just like you to confirm this on a public forum tia

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Beard Yawn posted:

Hey Matt I'm pretty sure one of your best friends is a drug addict and I'd just like you to confirm this on a public forum tia

With the way they joke about "pat loves crack" that's been made a number of times either he doesn't use drugs and it's a joke he uses drugs/endorses drug users or he uses drugs and it's still a joke of him using drugs/endorsing drug users.
I'm not asking a person on a |Public|Forum| anything they haven't light-heartedly joked about a bunch on a publicly free podcast. But thanks ~ ~ ~

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Pat loves crack in much the same way that Woolie kills animals - it's all a series of horrible McDonalds-spawned misunderstandings.

(Also I think Pat's mentioned in the past that he doesn't do the cons because crowds freak him out, so he's probably just an anxious bundle of ginger nerves.)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The Kins posted:

Pat loves crack in much the same way that Woolie kills animals - it's all a series of horrible McDonalds-spawned misunderstandings.

(Also I think Pat's mentioned in the past that he doesn't do the cons because crowds freak him out, so he's probably just an anxious bundle of ginger nerves.)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hey guys, I heard that Woolie doesn't know how to read. Is there any truth to that?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

roach cum puddle posted:

With the way they joke about "pat loves crack" that's been made a number of times either he doesn't use drugs and it's a joke he uses drugs/endorses drug users or he uses drugs and it's still a joke of him using drugs/endorsing drug users.
I'm not asking a person on a |Public|Forum| anything they haven't light-heartedly joked about a bunch on a publicly free podcast. But thanks ~ ~ ~

Dude...

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Also, What's the gently caress is woolie's deal stealing pies all the time?! jeez louise I mean tell him there's actual criminal ramifications to stealing.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Also understand that I'm a new fan who has only listened to the podcast, so I'm coming from a place where I don't know if this is an inside joke or what. I just assumed he has ADD medication and it was an inside joke with the fanbase he loves crack or something to that effect (cuz again, I have only listened to a handful of podcasts)

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 1, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

roach cum puddle posted:

Also understand that I'm a new fan who has only listened to the podcast, so I'm coming from a place where I don't know if this is an inside joke or what. I just assumed he has ADD medication and it was an inside joke with the fanbase he loves crack or something to that effect (cuz again, I have only listened to a handful of podcasts).

You could've just asked something like "So where does the whole Pat loves crack thing come from" without asking if he was an addict. It's kind of a disrespectful thing to do. Though I might be taking comedy forum something is awful dot com a bit too seriously. :shrug:

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

watho posted:

You could've just asked something like "So where does the whole Pat loves crack thing come from" without asking if he was an addict. It's kind of a disrespectful thing to do. Though I'm taking comedy forum something is awful dot com a bit seriously. :shrug:

I didn't ask if he was an addict, I asked if he takes amphetamines or if it was just a joke they madke. In hindsight "tweaker" is a derogatory term and it added a weird vibe to my post of trying to fingerpoint a Drug Addict out which I apologize for, but they made a Pat & Crack joke in a podcast I was listening to today that simply just made me wonder what the truth was behind it. Honestly I was hoping he takes amphetamines because I like amphetamines a lot and I like Pat a lot.

e: Also in hindsight I really didn't need Matt to specifically answer, but this is the only place I know of where to talk about them and he posts here now so I figured hey, horse's mouth or something.

roach cum puddle fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 1, 2014

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

roach cum puddle posted:

I didn't ask if he was an addict, I asked if he takes amphetamines or if it was just a joke they madke. In hindsight "tweaker" is a derogatory term and it added a weird vibe to my post of trying to fingerpoint a Drug Addict out which I apologize for, but they made a Pat & Crack joke in a podcast I was listening to today that simply just made me wonder what the truth was behind it. Honestly I was hoping he takes amphetamines because I like amphetamines a lot and I like Pat a lot.

e: Also in hindsight I really didn't need Matt to specifically answer, but this is the only place I know of where to talk about them and he posts here now so I figured hey, horse's mouth or something.

Pat endorsing crack is a long-running gag, I'm 99% sure he doesn't actually smoke crack or do drugs besides alcohol. In related news, Matt doesn't actually stalk Emma Stone, Woolie doesn't actually like Naruto, and Liam isn't actually 12.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think it's partially a gag on the fact that Pat is a slightly large, very white, ginger man, and thus the joke of him being a crackhead DEFIES SOME STEREOTYPES, and also he sometimes acts like a spaz in games so it's funny to say he's a crackhead instead of just saying he's a goofball.

Also didn't it start around when Pat marathoned The Wire?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Guys, please don't goon away the content creator that has deigned to speak with us.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

Rodyle posted:

Guys, please don't goon away the content creator that has deigned to speak with us.

Yeah no, I agree haha. Both for me being weird and wording my question weird and not doing a good job of asking the simple question "where did the pat does crack joke come from? that's the a thing right? i'm new and don't know" and also for the people here acting like DJ Youtube Comment.

Is pat doing crack an actual long-running joke though? I'm confused. Giving an answer without your ~impressive humor~ would also be nice.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

roach cum puddle posted:

Yeah no, I agree haha. Both for me being weird and wording my question weird and not doing a good job of asking the simple question "where did the pat does crack joke come from? that's the a thing right? i'm new and don't know" and also for the people here acting like DJ Youtube Comment.

Is pat doing crack an actual long-running joke though? I'm confused. Giving an answer without your ~impressive humor~ would also be nice.

Yes. It's a running joke like how Woolie steals pies, killed that one guy, and can't read.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Except unlike those it's not actually true!

edit: Woolie is my favorite best friend sorry Matt :(

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

CJacobs posted:

Except unlike those it's not actually true!

edit: Woolie is my favorite best friend sorry Matt :(

See, I don't know what any of those Woolie things mean, making me realize there's a lot more to this zaibatsu conglomerate. Has anyone ever made a spergy-wiki-type place that has the origins of podcast jokes/trivia?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I had a few minutes to kill, so I made fanart of Pat and the Hoooooge Dog!

bigger version here:-

http://imgur.com/QKR4lw3

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

roach cum puddle posted:

See, I don't know what any of those Woolie things mean, making me realize there's a lot more to this zaibatsu conglomerate. Has anyone ever made a spergy-wiki-type place that has the origins of podcast jokes/trivia?

There is a two best friends play wikia, yes.

I don't know why it exists, no.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

roach cum puddle posted:

If only there were some engine that would power Internet searches to give you relevant results. Alas, there is not.

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Attention Matt:

Please play Vampire Savior and/or Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire for Friday Night Fisticuffs. Thanks in advance.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Well meanwhile, RE4 ep 22 is up and the first theme video is coming later tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3vw3uV8UA

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

roach cum puddle posted:

the thing is random bullshit like this is completely pointless trivia that nobody should care about except for nerds who think they get some kind of super best friends nerd cred for knowing stupid obscure poo poo and that referencing it makes them cool and popular. just enjoy their loving content and stop this awful convo thx

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Well meanwhile, RE4 ep 22 is up and the first theme video is coming later tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3vw3uV8UA

5 minutes in:

"That's one thing I absolutely love about the TMP"

What's happening to Pat :ohdear:

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 2, 2014

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

5 minutes in:

"That's one thing I absolute love about the TMP"

He joined the launch party. That's what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

5 minutes in:

"That's one thing I absolute love about the TMP"

Darkness reigns.