Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Dude, that's a 92mb gif. Wtf?

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Do you not know of .webm?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
here's the webm

http://gfycat.com/MistySelfassuredCrossbill

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

SirViver posted:

Dude, that's a 92mb gif. Wtf?

The future is now.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

That's not a glitch; he just didn't have his ticket.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Elfface posted:

After one battle, I as standing a little too close to a wall, so while the Main Character and one other were fine standing there, the other two were running around trying to get into good positions. This somehow ended up in Teddie and Kanji running in circles around the group like a Benny Hill chase. :3:

Sounds like the ps2 door bug all over again.

Find a door in a dungeon connected to a straight hallway that runs past it. Kite a shadow over to the right side of the doorframe and do the fight, as soon as it ends push into the right side of the door (the door itself rather than the frame) and don't let go. Boom, party members desperately trying to path into a wall and flipping the hell out because they can't.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Project Reality?

Same thing happened to me in a Chinook :(

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

FunMerrania posted:

Yeah and we cant link .webms directly

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

FunMerrania posted:

And it can't be directly embedded so nobody uses it. Now let me tell you about an even more superior file format called .apng... :smug:

Tubesock
Apr 20, 2002

something terrible happens to the postman in twilight princess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Tis_cAtCw#t=125

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Playing Batman: Arkham Origins last night. The melee combat is really good, but because Batman doesn't kill the bad guys (just beats the poo poo out of them and does the kind of damage that would leave them alive but in a coma or wheelchair) the game has a kind of block on all elevated areas, so bad guys can't fall off roofs to their deaths or anything. It also makes your last knockout of a fight go in slow motion and the camera focuses on the last guy until he's on the ground moaning/unconcious.

Except one part, where I'd climbed up an elevator shaft, got into a brawl with a bunch of guys and on the last "knockout", Batman flipped the guy in midair, and kicked the poor sap down the elevator shaft. In slow motion, camera following the guy the whole way. It was like "I'll disable and bring in every bad guy in the city, I won't even kill the really really bad supervillains, but this guy? This guy right here? He's gotta die." It was hilarious.

Not quite so hilarious is today, also in Arkham Origins, was I went to interrogate a guy for the locations of riddler datapacks. These side missions usually entail going to the guys location, having a small fight with him and a few other guys, and once all the other guys are knocked out he will surrender, allowing you to walk up and interrogate him.
I went to the location, beat the piss out of him and his buddies, but when he jumped up to surrender, he ran over to a pile of garbage bags and stood on them. Now he just stands there, begging me not to hurt him, arms up and whimpering, but I can't interrogate or damage him. Just a dude freaking out on a pile of garbage, occasionally standing upright on an impossible angle.

Damnit.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This glitch was funny enough on its own, but anyone who's played DA2 would understand that who it happened to makes it much better.

If you can't tell, yes, that's a staff jammed right up his arse.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Tomb Raider's TressFX is impressive. But then this happens.

It doesn't look bad as a still but Lara's on an open air elevator moving diagonally downwards and her ponytail just stays as a mass and follows behind her instead of whipping wildly around. It's bobbing up and down like it's on a hinge.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lotish posted:

This glitch was funny enough on its own, but anyone who's played DA2 would understand that who it happened to makes it much better.

If you can't tell, yes, that's a staff jammed right up his arse.

the most perfect visual metaphor for the entirety of Dragon Age 2 i've ever seen

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Lotish posted:

anyone who's played DA2

Who?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Me :suicide:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyxXBWHsRHY

Modding video games that aren't supposed to be moddable can sometimes have its mishaps.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Jul 2, 2014

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Action Tortoise posted:

Tomb Raider's TressFX is impressive. But then this happens.

It doesn't look bad as a still but Lara's on an open air elevator moving diagonally downwards and her ponytail just stays as a mass and follows behind her instead of whipping wildly around. It's bobbing up and down like it's on a hinge.

Yeah, this part is pretty weird. Especially considering that Lara's hair physics are really, really good most of the time, like her ponytail draping over her shoulder when you kneel and staying there unless you move quickly enough to dislodge it.

Although when I first started playing Tomb Raider on PC her hair was bouncing around like a L'Oreal commercial, even when she was standing perfectly still. Turning off 'exclusive fullscreen' mode fixed that, for some reason I can't even begin to comprehend.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Here is another one. Trying to replace Max with other people is so much harder than I wish it was. God drat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxm53ivRwQk

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

CJacobs posted:

Here is another one. Trying to replace Max with other people is so much harder than I wish it was. God drat it.

That's a cool Necromorph mod.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

CJacobs posted:

What's the music in that video (before Celine Dion)? It's pretty neat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Disco Pope posted:

What's the music in that video (before Celine Dion)? It's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_p7Kek6RR8

Music For Dancing Bear Ensemble by Josef Kenny. I have no idea why I love this song so much but I try to use it whenever possible.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

CJacobs posted:

Music For Dancing Bear Ensemble by Josef Kenny. I have no idea why I love this song so much but I try to use it whenever possible.

Thanks! It's a cool song!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

CJacobs posted:

I know why you love it so much, because it is MUSIC FOR DANCING BEARS and it SOUNDS AMAZING and I LOVE IT SO MUCH AHHHHHHHHH

Edit: Most of the rest of this album is nothing like Music For Dancing Bear Ensemble but for PAY WHAT YOU WANT I feel I got an excellent deal. Plus a couple of the other songs are rad.

Dr. Quarex has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Jul 3, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

In this image Max is walking on the city below him, which is just a 2D flat texture that is actually really tiny, while the cutscene-only area on the left phases in and out of reality as I force him to clip through it; the skybox on the far right is merging the unplayable area that you don't see in the cutscene with the playable area where the level takes place.

It's like M.C. Escher made a video game jesus christ

edit: Also lol the dev debug menu is still in the retail Max Payne 3 game, all you have to do is hold LB and RB on the main menu and after a few seconds it'll pop right up. Rockstar is so fuckin' lazy :allears:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 03:55 on Jul 3, 2014

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

More UFC 14

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Now I'm not a professional fighter but I think I picked up on a minor flaw in the strategy of the fighter in the black trunks.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Jerusalem posted:

Now I'm not a professional fighter but I think I picked up on a minor flaw in the strategy of the fighter in the black trunks.

The Wimp Lo of MMA.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

I like how clipping is getting better and better with these modern (realistic) fighting games, what system is that gif from?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

With the lighting being what it is in that gif, black trunks seems to turn into a shirtless man just before she hits the mat.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Encountered this spooky Silent Hill beast in the new Sniper Elite game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDoLq2hzSQc

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

At least ref stoppages aren't a thing in-game (or I hope they aren't).

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I'm trying to parse what went wrong. Did the one on the left freeze up because her fingers were doing a backflip or was it the other way around?

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

Nah, it's a totally valid tactic :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G90YcgwAZTM

Bushmaori posted:

I like how clipping is getting better and better with these modern (realistic) fighting games, what system is that gif from?

It's only available for PS4 and Xbone, so most likely PS4. To be honest, it's far from perfect. A lot of times a hit that looks like it barely hits, becomes lethal and other way around. I'm almost jealous of those glitches, I've played the PS4 version since release and have yet to see anything that weird. Physics bugging out is the best part of modern engines.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Got another Max Payne 3 modding, er, mishap, fresh off the grill. I have added some music for emphasis but other than that I did no post-recording editing.

(Just a warning, Max's incredibly sound-distorted voice peaks all over the place so you might not want to watch this wearing headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWchi3vAGY

I will probably never sleep again.

edit: To explain what I did to make this mess happen:

1. I was trying to get rid of the gore/bullet wound models on Max, because they look stupid and him getting riddled with bullets in a game where he takes 1 plot hit ever is immersion-ruining. They are hard-coded into his body model so I went into the text files to try and make them 0x0 pixels large. The game did not take 0x0 as a valid size and in hindsight I should have expected that, so it was just like "gently caress IT, 0 MEANS INFINITE, RIGHT??" and plastered him with gore.

2. Max's voice is played on the topmost layer of audio, so as to lower all other sounds when he is speaking/narrating. Usually it's a cool effect, but if you poke your grubby fingers around in the audio channels for too long, things gently caress up and start getting distorted. The sound lowering effect only applies when Max is speaking, and so the horrible distortion appears to come from his voice when actually it's affecting the whole audio channel.

Modding video games that aren't supposed to be modded is fun! :eng101:

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 04:08 on Jul 4, 2014

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

So Sniper Elite 3 turned out to be even scarier and more twisted than I ever imagined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZVT3sngHHA

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Got another Max Payne 3 modding, er, mishap, fresh off the grill. I have added some music for emphasis but other than that I did no post-recording editing.

(Just a warning, Max's incredibly sound-distorted voice peaks all over the place so you might not want to watch this wearing headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIWchi3vAGY

I will probably never sleep again.

edit: To explain what I did to make this mess happen:

1. I was trying to get rid of the gore/bullet wound models on Max, because they look stupid and him getting riddled with bullets in a game where he takes 1 plot hit ever is immersion-ruining. They are hard-coded into his body model so I went into the text files to try and make them 0x0 pixels large. The game did not take 0x0 as a valid size and in hindsight I should have expected that, so it was just like "gently caress IT, 0 MEANS INFINITE, RIGHT??" and plastered him with gore.

2. Max's voice is played on the topmost layer of audio, so as to lower all other sounds when he is speaking/narrating. Usually it's a cool effect, but if you poke your grubby fingers around in the audio channels for too long, things gently caress up and start getting distorted. The sound lowering effect only applies when Max is speaking, and so the horrible distortion appears to come from his voice when actually it's affecting the whole audio channel.

Modding video games that aren't supposed to be modded is fun! :eng101:

Jesus christ. I'd play a game if it featured Max Payne with huge holes in his chest demon-talking at people.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

I like to think to driver of the taxi was smoking and then this happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Haruharuharuko posted:

I like to think to driver of the taxi was smoking and then this happened.

Richard Pryor's day job