Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

uggy posted:

I enjoy the elephant being the man and the donkey being the woman. Excellent

Gotta love how he highlighted ME two different ways so you know that Obama only talks about himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Cat Face Joe posted:

Branco is the worst and no one can convince me otherwise.

In recent years, the closest thing the team has had to an offensive line is "Hail to the Redskins." Now the guilt riddled left is hell-bent on taking that away. The least disruptive and most cost effective solution for the Skins, would be to replace the formidable proud American Indian profile with the humble redskin potato. That should shut the libs up until they realize that potatoes are members of the tobacco family. –Dale
POSTED BY DALE 6 COMMENTS: LINKS TO THIS POST
LABELS: POTATO, RACISM, SLUR, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

JaggerMcDagger posted:

That should shut the libs up until they realize that potatoes are members of the tobacco family. –Dale

TOMACCO!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Rogers has really been on a hot streak. This one is beautiful and concise

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
That dog looks pretty harmless to me, even without the muzzle.

The last panel has been happening for years already.

God drat it you lazy rear end in a top hat.

Because there is no such thing as an adverse reaction or allergies to oral birth control methods.

Hateful even in victory.

Hate to admit it, but that last panel is pretty good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius posted:

The Supreme Court sucks. Sorensen knows. She knows, man.

Everyone was unhappy with the decision to cast Clarence Thomas as Nick Fury.

Pants Donkey fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 1, 2014

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Internet Webguy posted:

The last panel has been happening for years already.

Okay I'm amending my 1040 and replacing every number with RFRA, will report back.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oh god I'm envisioning a little pair of sunglasses on the moon and some of those little neon-pastel squiggle-swirl things from the late 80's in the right panel I'm sorry

RADICAL

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh god I'm envisioning a little pair of sunglasses on the moon and some of those little neon-pastel squiggle-swirl things from the late 80's in the right panel I'm sorry

RADICAL

Radical Islam:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Monkey Fracas posted:

RADICAL

Did somebody say,
?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Internet Webguy posted:

Hate to admit it, but that last panel is pretty good.

Ted Rall ruins it a couple times with his Rallness but this is almost a good comic about the poo poo corporations already get away with even if they lost this ruling.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Monkey Fracas posted:

RADICAL

:regd08:

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Webguy posted:

Hateful even in victory.

Doesn't the decision only affect employee insurance plans? Are conservatives now arguing that regulation concerning compensation for work is a type of hand out? (Also, "the left" is an overweight, unattractive woman with hairy legs.)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Not that that isn't an awesome picture, but that dude's hat and outfit looks Orthodox to me. Am I just seeing things?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'd love it if a Muslim lobbying group actually organized itself around this principle. Imagine sending CNN badly made video of your spiritual leader rollerblading while wearing venetian blind sunglasses. Commissioning Lisa Frank to make a really snazzy cover for your group's Korans. Threatening to send a group of your agents to infiltrate the crowd at Muscle City on the anniversary of 9/11 and shred some massive waves. Release a manifesto that's also a poorly conceived anti-drug PSA. Islamic Pog competitions. Halal Ecto-cooler and Fruit by the Foot.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd love it if a Muslim lobbying group actually organized itself around this principle. Imagine sending CNN badly made video of your spiritual leader rollerblading while wearing venetian blind sunglasses. Commissioning Lisa Frank to make a really snazzy cover for your group's Korans. Threatening to send a group of your agents to infiltrate the crowd at Muscle City on the anniversary of 9/11 and shred some massive waves. Release a manifesto that's also a poorly conceived anti-drug PSA. Islamic Pog competitions. Halal Ecto-cooler and Fruit by the Foot.

holy poo poo

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

Discendo Vox posted:

This may be one of the best posts I have ever read.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Edible Hat posted:

Are conservatives now arguing that regulation concerning compensation for work is a type of hand out?
Don't they always do that? Minimum wages, unemployment insurance, and any thing else to help the employee and not the employer is always treated as some sort of hand out.

Also pretend I'm crass enough to have made a 13th amendment joke.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

If I were a radical Muslim I would totally use that logo on the right. It's kickin' rad.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Cat Face Joe posted:

Branco is the worst and no one can convince me otherwise.
I can sure as hell try.:colbert:

I think the difference for me is that Branco, the McCoys, Lester, and even/especially Allie will do trollish cartoons that aim specifically to "Piss off the Libs", but I can't think of anything they've done that's as mainstream offensive as Ramirez's Challenger cartoon and/or the Benghazi-9/11 one. On Cagle and even on Ramirez's own turf, the Investor's Business Daily website, there were conservative commentors basically saying "Dude, I hate Obamacare too, but using the Challenger explosion and the deaths of seven people like that is not cool." (Although there were still a few too many supporters who loved the cartoon.:suicide:)

Sorry for combining so much hate into one post, but that's what you get with Ramirez. Two loving Pulitzers!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Also keep in mind Two Pulitzers and Ramirez is printed in actual newspapers.

Newspapers that real people read.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sadly putting the idea into practice isn't particularly meaningful unless it comes from, y'know, actual muslims. Otherwise it's just basically a blackface routine.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Edible Hat posted:

Doesn't the decision only affect employee insurance plans? Are conservatives now arguing that regulation concerning compensation for work is a type of hand out? (Also, "the left" is an overweight, unattractive woman with hairy legs.)
It's also funny because the right winger meme is "liberal women are dour fat trolls that will never be married" yet they are also sex fiends that demand we pay for their birth control.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Internet Webguy posted:

Because there is no such thing as an adverse reaction or allergies to oral birth control methods.
The kind I used to get cost more than $9 per month with good insurance (obviously YMMV, but $9 is pretty drat low). Not to mention, something like an IUD that has virtually no possibility of improper use (like forgetting to take pills or even not taking them at the same time daily) is significantly better at preventing unwanted pregnancies than most other methods... and those cost hundreds of dollars without insurance. It was free with mine.

If these people are legitimately invested in preventing abortions, why the gently caress are they trying to create circumstances where more will necessarily happen?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Stroop There It Is posted:

If these people are legitimately invested in preventing abortions, why the gently caress are they trying to create circumstances where more will necessarily happen?

It's not about abortion, it's about punishing women for having sex.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The kind I used to get cost more than $9 per month with good insurance (obviously YMMV, but $9 is pretty drat low). Not to mention, something like an IUD that has virtually no possibility of improper use (like forgetting to take pills or even not taking them at the same time daily) is significantly better at preventing unwanted pregnancies than most other methods... and those cost hundreds of dollars without insurance. It was free with mine.

The treatments at issue in Hobby Lobby were viewed by the plaintiffs as a form of abortion, so it was as bad as the more conventional form of the practice.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Rorus Raz posted:

It's also funny because the right winger meme is "liberal women are dour fat trolls that will never be married" yet they are also sex fiends that demand we pay for their birth control.

It's this weird view of the world where people mix Dr. Jekyll, She-Hulk and the Madonna-Whore Complex where dowdy, hairy-legged spinsters SUDDENLY TRANSFORM into virile baby-making sperm-jacking seductresses, even if they're "one of the good ones". And it's drat disgraceful.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Yeah, my wife's BC was upwards of $60 per month, WITH insurance. What's this Cadillac-plan $9 false equivalence poo poo?

Banana Tapestry
Jun 20, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

I have to agree with the other posters, you're making Islam sound rad as hell.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, my wife's BC was upwards of $60 per month, WITH insurance. What's this Cadillac-plan $9 false equivalence poo poo?

I didn't actually know it was that expensive, I was also under the false impression it was relatively cheap. $60 bucks is my entire luxury budget for the MONTH. That changes things dramatically.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

If it's just 9 bucks per month per full time employee (who is apparently being paid fourteen bucks per hour), then I guarantee you that the bad publicity from this decision is going to cost them more than just putting up with it and paying for the pills would ever do. How the gently caress can they justify this decision to their shareholders?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A 5-4 decision hardly amounts to the entire SC spanking Obama. That's just expected SC poo poo these days. Now the recess appointments decision--that would have been appropriate for this comic, but I guess that one's less exciting to McCoy or something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I usually hate Rall, but I have to give credit where credit is due: this is a good cartoon.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Somfin posted:

If it's just 9 bucks per month per full time employee (who is apparently being paid fourteen bucks per hour), then I guarantee you that the bad publicity from this decision is going to cost them more than just putting up with it and paying for the pills would ever do. How the gently caress can they justify this decision to their shareholders?

The entire company is owned by the one crazy family. That's the only reason this case was ever brought.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Banana Tapestry posted:

I have to agree with the other posters, you're making Islam sound rad as hell.

Thanks, but again, it's only meaningful if it's Muslims who are doing it. Otherwise it looks like we're dressing up another cultural group with our own attributions for entertainment, which feels a bit like a blackface performance.

Somfin posted:

They don't because the company is closely held. That means a very small number of people hold the majority of the shares (the specifics of what kinds of company fall under the decision are debated).

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Somfin posted:

The foundation of the ruling is that they don't really have shareholders. The owners company are willing to pay extra for all the labor it takes to avoid barcodes, which they believe to be the Mark of the Beast. I don't think they'll have trouble with losing money over not murdering poor little zygotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Poopy Palpy posted:

The foundation of the ruling is that they don't really have shareholders. The owners company are willing to pay extra for all the labor it takes to avoid barcodes, which they believe to be the Mark of the Beast. I don't think they'll have trouble with losing money over not murdering poor little zygotes.

Holy loving poo poo is that why they're like that? I just assumed they were too cheap to buy scanners and modern inventorying technology.

• Locked thread