Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

precision posted:

Wait, no, that was Bruce Wayne. Sorry.

Oh, come on! That millionaire playboy? He's too busy socializing at cocktail parties and managing the affairs of the Wayne foundation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

And Clark Kent may be big and bulky but he wears glasses. So he can't be anyone important.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
And Peter Parker...

poo poo.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

And Peter Parker...

poo poo.

Peter Parker is just some lazy photographer. Spider-Man's civilian identity is that of Takuya Yamashiro, a 22-year-old motocross racer. He has the ability to perceive threats from the Iron Cross Army with his Spider-senses. He fights the Iron Cross Army in order to avenge his father's death. To conceal his superhero identity, Takuya acts as a weakling in front of his friends on purpose. As a result, Takuya gets chastised by his friends whenever he runs away from danger and is often compared unfavorably to Spider-Man. Moreover, his financial income as a motorcycle racer decreases after becoming Spider-Man due to his reduced participation in races, forcing him to assist Hitomi in her job to pay for his expenses.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Whizbang posted:

Peter Parker is just some lazy photographer. Spider-Man's civilian identity is that of Takuya Yamashiro, :words:

Not enough alliteration.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

American Gods is back on, now as a Starz series with BRYAN FULLER AS EP.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Be still my beating heart :allears:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

AND Michael Green (Kings) as showrunner. Holy shitsnacks.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Ah, Neil Gaiman, still desperately clinging to relevance despite not publishing a single noteworthy book since 2001.

edit: whoops, Gaiman apparently wrote the novelization of the movie Coraline in 2002.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jul 1, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Ah, Irish Joe, still desperately clinging to the same tired gimmick despite not publishing a single noteworthy post since the 2 Broke Girls Treatise.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Ahem.... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! gently caress that's AWESOME news!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

VDay posted:

Ah, Irish Joe, still desperately clinging to the same tired gimmick despite not publishing a single noteworthy post since the 2 Broke Girls Treatise.

Yeah, Irish Joe kind of jumped the shark back in season 3. The newer stuff just doesn't compare.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, Irish Joe kind of jumped the shark back in season 3. The newer stuff just doesn't compare.

idk I liked the arc where he ran for councilman in Eagleton...

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Whatever happened to Irish Joe?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Irish Joe nominating The Talking Dead as best show of 2013 shows he is still relevant in the modern era

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That was a copy and paste job though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rarity posted:

Irish Joe nominating The Talking Dead as best show of 2013 shows he is still relevant in the modern era

To the contrary, that just sealed my opinion of him. The Talking Dead win (and the rest of that list) was just boring and lame because no one would actually think that. It was pandering to our expectations because we celebrated and encouraged his intentionally terrible opinions. Irish Joe was better when you could at least pretend there was a real person behind that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MrAristocrates posted:

To the contrary, that just sealed my opinion of him. The Talking Dead win (and the rest of that list) was just boring and lame because no one would actually think that. It was pandering to our expectations because we celebrated and encouraged his intentionally terrible opinions. Irish Joe was better when you could at least pretend there was a real person behind that.

Yeah but not really. His gimmick was always garbage.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Whatever happened to Irish Joe?

Irish Joe is the Community of posting.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MrAristocrates posted:

Irish Joe was better when you could at least pretend there was a real person behind that.

I have always been a real person, having neither the time nor the patience to craft a persona (or whatever the gently caress you're accusing me of). What you don't seem to understand is that most people are, deep down, horrendously lovely. I'm no exception. The difference between me and everybody else, however, is I don't try to hide it. I post what I think, even if what I think is mean-spirited, ignorant or completely wrong.

In a way, that makes me the most real person here.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
No I'm pretty sure it just makes you an rear end in a top hat.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Longmire is back.

:911:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I have SuperMechaGodzilla on ignore, but I still reading peoples' replies to him.

I read every IrishJoe post, but I wish there was a way to ignore any reply to him.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Longmire is back.

:911:

So good.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Irish Joe posted:

I have always been a real person, having neither the time nor the patience to craft a persona (or whatever the gently caress you're accusing me of). What you don't seem to understand is that most people are, deep down, horrendously lovely. I'm no exception. The difference between me and everybody else, however, is I don't try to hide it. I post what I think, even if what I think is mean-spirited, ignorant or completely wrong.

This is the most coherent thing I've heard all day from this forum. We're culpable of many things but we should strive to be as honest as possible, like in "The Invention of Lying." Posting your mind doesn't make you a troll or even a bad person, it's merely a different perspective in a world that is dyed grey. There is no black and white when it comes to opinion, so simply following a bandwagon approach and dismissing Irish Joe's insight is an ignorant choice. It's alright to have different opinions. We're not debating evolution here, it's just tv. There are no factual insights.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 2, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ravane posted:

This is the most coherent thing I've heard all day from this forum. We're culpable of many things but we should strive to be as honest as possible, like in "The Invention of Lying." Posting your mind doesn't make you a troll or even a bad person, it's merely a different perspective in a world that is dyed grey. There is no black and white when it comes to opinion, so simply following a bandwagon approach and dismissing Irish Joe's insight is an ignorant choice. It's alright to have different opinions. We're not debating evolution here, it's just tv. There are no factual insights.

And here we are with the wannabe puppetmaster gimmick jumping to his defense. :allears:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hey, hey! Everyone calm down. Drunk History is back, y'all!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I just saw the commercial for the Fox remake of Broadchurch. What the gently caress? It looks exactly the same shot for shot. The hell David Tennant?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

GreenNight posted:

I just saw the commercial for the Fox remake of Broadchurch. What the gently caress? It looks exactly the same shot for shot. The hell David Tennant?

I know this will come as a shock, but most people in the States don't watch British television.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean yeah I know, but change it up a bit.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

GreenNight posted:

I mean yeah I know, but change it up a bit.

Well, they did change the ending, but yeah.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

What if the show gets a second season, is he going to do both simultaneously?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Is that from the Abed as Jesus episode?

Ravane posted:

That's not even what that movie is about. At least Joe does his research.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Aphrodite posted:

That's not even what that movie is about. At least Joe does his research.

The entire movie revolves around the fact that people can not tell lies, and one person develops this eponymous ability. Irish Joe was saying that he's a straightforward person regardless of whether or not that makes him an rear end in a top hat, which is exactly how every character except the protagonist of the movie acts. So yes, it is what the movie is about.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The movie's point is that lies are necessary.

It's literally the worst reference you can make.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The point of The Invention of Lying is that Ricky Gervais is a smug prick and Atheists can be just as obnoxious and evangelical as Christians.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The point of The Invention of Lying is that Ricky Gervais is a smug prick and Atheists can be just as obnoxious and evangelical as Christians.

This is all the truth but the last point is super tired.

That movie is a bad movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cael posted:

I have SuperMechaGodzilla on ignore

Why would anyone ever do this, he's one of the only actually interesting posters on the entire forum.

• Locked thread