Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Even as an American I'm gonna watch the gently caress out of the rest of this WC and enjoy it. This tournament has owned. I barely watched anything in 2010 because I was constantly at work but apparently it was poo poo anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
none of the remaining games should be good, i dont care about any of them. not gonna watch any more, me i will be fishing i will

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

misdirectomy posted:

We're like 1-2 Germans away from being really good.

Haha, willing Klinsmann stay on? Is there words about that

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Nothing left to feel but proud.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

US were completely outclassed for most of the game and Tim Howard is a legend

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like the belges

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

Zotix posted:

Thank god the U.S. is out. Now all of the people that don't give a poo poo about soccer can go back to not giving a poo poo about soccer. Everyone at work for the past 2-3 weeks was instantly the most knowledgeable person about the sport, while at the same time not knowing poo poo about the sport.

Soccer is so good when its not mainstream amiright :saddowns:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
:911: America you were entertaining, that's more that can be said for the Schweiz.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Even as an American I'm gonna watch the gently caress out of the rest of this WC and enjoy it. This tournament has owned. I barely watched anything in 2010 because I was constantly at work but apparently it was poo poo anyway?

2010 was poo poo, we already topped their goal total

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Russ posted:

A victory for the beautiful game tonight. Looking forward to a team winning this World Cup who deserve it, with a population that respects the world's most popular sport.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
git tae gently caress america

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

Belgium is not a good team and anyone who pretends otherwise is a soccer hipster

eh, they were the better team for like 105 minutes today. that's what counts.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Belgium were about to score when the whistle went fyi
It doesn't matter, beligum deserved the match anyways, one minute just seemed pretty short

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GaussianCopula posted:

The US did not win a game without Jozy starting and did win all games he started.

also won all games in which he got injured, so what I'm saying is that Klinsman should have just started beating the poo poo out of Jozy at the half.

He also should have tested it on Badley.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

vaginal culture posted:

You have to be some kind of pathetic loser to watch the world cup after your team is elliminated. I have too much pride for that. LOl

my best teams are still in it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Yedlin was a very tidy player when he came on

Calidar
Mar 23, 2014

K U N T Z posted:

Howard made the most saves ever recorded in a world cup game, yet concedes two.

That's why he never made it at united. Inconsistent.

Inconsistent? No matter how good a keeper is, if you throw shot after shot at him eventually somethings going to slip through. Especially goals of that quality.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

are USMNT known drug cheats?

They are.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Spain won sorry if you were planning on binge watching it on netflix or whatever but it was gay and sucked rear end

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
next time don't field a poo poo team us god loving dam nit

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh no the game was growing its audience! :ohdear:

I know, some of them might actually take a liking to it and stick around.

But then they'll go do something horrible like support Manchester City :bahgawd:

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
klinsmann marched all his mlsers out there and told them to turtle up, the only way they know to play is forward

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Pro tip, bet small amounts on WC games, it's what us people from nations that never qualify do.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It was okay but there was a constant drone of vuvuzelas that either made it a pain to watch or just set in as this constant monotonous background buzz that made even the most exciting game seem boring.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i am gonna support the poo poo out of everton/tim howard this season as thanks for his effort. dude loving owns

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress bradley

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
By the way after this I'm goin all in on Colombia and I think other US fans should do so as well.

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

still did better than england

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Machinegunboyo posted:

Poor by Yedlin Jones at the end. USA would have gotten away with it too if it wasnt for that Yedlin Jones kid

FTFY.

Seriously, did Jones have a touch worth a poo poo the entire game?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Only Costa Rica can save this world cup now.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
best match of the world cup, sorry if you disagree and are wrong

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
There's always next year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I would like the Belges to make the final.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Going home to commit autoerotic asphyxiation over a Julian Green poster.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

we need a new manager not a sissy aspie german fucktard. now these germans are cap tied we can get a real alpha in charge who knows what jokes are

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Zythrst posted:

By the way after this I'm goin all in on Colombia and I think other US fans should do so as well.

I suppose it's the right thing to do because if they lose someone might get murdered again

hellzno
Jan 15, 2008

Primo

Chief Queef posted:

gently caress bradley

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
drat, it was fun while it lasted.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy