Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like sending Batiuk a copy of Harlan Ellison's "Somehow, I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore, Toto." Now THAT'S how you rant about Hollywood ruining your awesome ideas.

Les slumping around with the bitchface permanently welded on, muttering petulant little asides about how much he hates everything? Just makes me feel sorry for the people who have to deal with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Julet Esqu posted:

Could be you're right.

Hell, if Gunther spends his whole time in Peru being ravaged by some unspecified gastrointestinal distress, I'll defend Evans myself.

"Say what you want about that Luann comic, but Gunther didn't even bother to bring any antibiotics with him to Peru and spent the next few weeks making GBS threads and praying for death. Now that's realism!"

Praying for Gunther to get BGS! (bidirectional gastrointestinal distress)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps is just childish today. (That's not to say it's not funny.)

He... he has three arms. I just.. I can't see it any other way.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

He... he has three arms. I just.. I can't see it any other way.

He's moving the arm in a sweeping motion, hence the motion lines.

Also can we please rename Rex Morgan MD to poo poo that Didn't Happen the Comic. "I defeated a bully by telling him he was a mean jerk and then an old lady gave me a million dollars! Also my uncle totally works at Nintendo"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Selachian posted:

Les slumping around with the bitchface permanently welded on, muttering petulant little asides about how much he hates everything? Just makes me feel sorry for the people who have to deal with him.
What gets me is they accepted his first script in a timely manner, they flew him out first class to continue to work on it personally, they put him up in a swanky chateau; I'm not an expert on the ins and outs of screenwriting but by my standards it looks like they consider him the Golden Child of the business. It's almost like a satire on Funky.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

I think these people might be Les's target audience.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Completely fictional, I assure you; there's no such place as Albuquerque, and Alf won that race by a landslide.

Was '87 one of the periods of mass hysteria about non-existent murderous cults, thanks to Pop Syke regression therapy?

Calvin And Hobbes

DOGG

Ripley's

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

I'm thinking I might add another comic to what I post, but I dunno if I can locate the book and or figure out the scanner...well, we'll see.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Poptropica Now a popular tie-in to a popular* game!!

*Note, game may or may not be popular. Or good. Either way, I remember that Monty started as a tie-in to a doll and came out pretty good.

My little brother used to play it - it didn't look very good. I guess it was kind of like a platformer where you sort of lob yourself around. I think it may or may not have been made by the guy who wrote the Wimpy Kids books.
He hasn't played it in ages though so I'm guessing its more for younger kids and he just grew out of it.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I don't really like Viivi & Wagner all that much but I cherry-picked a couple recent decent ones

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (June 26-27, 1956)

Today's Droodle is entitled "Poster Too Lazy To Figure Out A Way Around A Techincal Snafu". :shrug:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Been pretty boring so far, but it looks like we're finally to the part of the story where people get killed.

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wanamingo posted:

But the other ones could also have disguised their dog by changing the collar argh

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

a) Who gives a poo poo about HARV - make another one?
b) Why is there a sound effect "POW" while he's just holding him in the air? Isn't that usually reserved for things like... a punch?

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

I love the completely heartless recurring photographer who always pops up to exclaim how amazing his picture of someone being murdered/mugged is going to turn out, and he never tries to intervene or call for help.

Dr. Video Games 0081
Jan 19, 2005

Keys open doors

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Helicity posted:

a) Who gives a poo poo about HARV - make another one?
b) Why is there a sound effect "POW" while he's just holding him in the air? Isn't that usually reserved for things like... a punch?

I think that is supposed to be a punch, and the weird midget robot bad guy (???) is supposed to be flying away from him, towards the "camera," it's just hard to tell because the artist has no understanding of composition.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I think that is supposed to be a punch, and the weird midget robot bad guy (???) is supposed to be flying away from him, towards the "camera," it's just hard to tell because the artist has no understanding of composition.

First panel his left hand is on the MRBGs neck, right hand is clenched into a fist like he's about to punch. Third panel is the exact same thing. It looks like nothing has transpired between these panels. You know why? Because it's Zach Johnson. And the action is always ham-handed.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Can someone explain the midget robots to me? Where did they come from? And for some reason, they were all made to look like Philip Delight wearing a Radiohead bear mask by the House Computer? I am honestly trying to follow this storyline (mostly so I can mock it) but it is goddamn impenetrable.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I think my favorite thing about Cancerbean is the implication that Les wrote a strong cancer woman story so bad that they couldn't even sell the drat thing to Lifetime as it was :v:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo posted:

Fun fact: No one arrested by Inspector Danger has ever been prosecuted because his 'evidence' is idiotic.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I'm torn, because I was super sad when he died, but I hate Nancy's eulogy crap.

So I'll settle for "what, no Scooby-Doo reference?"

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Wanamingo posted:

Why would they immediately assume the dog is part of some purse-snatching scheme and that the owner should be arrested? maybe it's just a poorly behaved dog that grabs stuff from people? maybe the dog just took her purse because it's a loving dog and it just buried it somewhere like the dumb idiot animal it is? maybe there was no malicious intent here at all?

I hate inspector danger

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

corn in the bible posted:

But the other ones could also have disguised their dog by changing the collar argh

Yeah but the second guy's dog peed on Inspector Danger's leg, so he's their man.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
You know, I get that a lot of people knock Gunther, but one thing I want to say about the latest Luann comic is... Quill's full of poo poo. I mean with his yammering about the importance of being spontaneous and acting as if he was like that.

Quill didn't spontaneously decide to move to America to visit Luann. He made a very deliberate, calculated decision where he got into a nearby school on a work-study program. He's been depicted as being responsible, reasonable and careful in just about everything he does in that context. Hell, when Luann bitched that she hardly saw him he stressed that he was working on his career - he didn't spontaneously say 'I'll skip work today so we can have fun!' Meanwhile he's telling Gunther to just do things like give up going to the very university he wanted to go to to fly off to Peru with a girl who (unless I missed something) may not want him to go with her anyway.

Maybe all this has been pointed out, but hey, it just occurred to me.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Bloom County

Completely fictional, I assure you; there's no such place as Albuquerque, and Alf won that race by a landslide.

Was '87 one of the periods of mass hysteria about non-existent murderous cults, thanks to Pop Syke regression therapy?

1987 was the McMartin Preschool trial, so that might be what Breathed was talking about here.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

VictorGrunn posted:

Meanwhile he's telling Gunther to just do things like give up going to the very university he wanted to go to to fly off to Peru with a girl who (unless I missed something) may not want him to go with her anyway.

Maybe all this has been pointed out, but hey, it just occurred to me.

At Quill's suggestion, Gunther gave Rosa a call and asked if she wanted him to go. She was like, "Ok, yeah, of course I totally want you to go! It's just that, oh, man! You have all these plans and things! You don't want to go to Peru! Such a shame. It would have been awesome to have you there. Bye!" *click*

Now, if this were real life, I'd say she actually prefers he not come, but she wants to let him down easy - maybe even let him think the breakup was his choice. This is Luann, though, so as tepid as her response was, odds are good that her words should be taken at face value.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Speed Crazy posted:

I love the completely heartless recurring photographer who always pops up to exclaim how amazing his picture of someone being murdered/mugged is going to turn out, and he never tries to intervene or call for help.
"Alfie, let's take a look at the picture we got from that parasite paparazzi working for that fancy liberal paper."

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Did Wee Pals just do a pot joke?

Geech doesn't use spellcheck.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I just don't get this Wee Pals. They're usually pretty easy to figure out, but nope. I got nothing.

F Minus

Mary Worth

They're gonna go get high.

Rex Morgan STDH

"What?!?! This is a picture of a dick with a butt that has another dick coming out of its butt!"

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Nancy

This makes me irrationally angry.

Fritzy, [presumably] you were a teenager during the teens! Scott Joplin and ragtime rocked your bopper world, not Casy Kasem! :argh:

Predicting one of these schlocky strips for Gerry Geffin and Bobby Womack.

edited to fix awful coding

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 2, 2014

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Johnny Walker posted:

I just don't get this Wee Pals. They're usually pretty easy to figure out, but nope. I got nothing.

I'm pretty sure the joke is that the kid is confusing "kilogram" for "telegram."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Walker posted:

Trinh is mistakenly thinking of a telegram.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
True story.

And what the gently caress is a 'cured vehicle'?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

VictorGrunn posted:

You know, I get that a lot of people knock Gunther, but one thing I want to say about the latest Luann comic is... Quill's full of poo poo. I mean with his yammering about the importance of being spontaneous and acting as if he was like that.
I assume Quill just wants Gunther to leave. :shrug:

Big Nate is visiting his uncle.

:goonsay:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

RIP 4chan

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- I'm very satisfied with my new servant!
- He came into my bread last week

Bread means "service" here. The same kind of figure of speech as in "whose bread you eat, his songs you sing".

Fok_It

I'm under the impression that halloumi has become popular in Europe in the past few years, Finland included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Say Nothing posted:

True story.

And what the gently caress is a 'cured vehicle'?

Illegally pro-

• Locked thread