Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Bad Moon posted:

I would watch it if Oliver Queen shot the Devil in the face with an arrow made from the True Cross then did a back flip off a roof top to fly away on a cherubs back.

Maybe we can get a Supernatural crossover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Krad posted:

Maybe we can get a Supernatural crossover.

We got all the angst we need with Roy, thank you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
can you imagine the shippers... the earth will spin off into mars from 12 million women doing this :circlefap:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rocksicles posted:

can you imagine the shippers... the earth will spin off into mars from 12 million women doing this :circlefap:

Basically every episode of Arrow where Merlyn was in one of the last two scenes involved Tumblr begging CW to put Barrowman on Supernatural. "He's RIGHT THERE, FIVE MINUTES AWAY" or whatnot.

It's what made me glad they moved nights. I just wanted gifs of shirtless men doing salmon ladders.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 30, 2014

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.
My father is 63, and when I told him a while back how good Arrow is he said "I watched a little of it, that's not Green Arrow.". I shrugged and moved on.

I got a call from him yesterday, apparently he watched the leaked Flash pilot and didn't know it was connected to Arrow until Ollie showed up. Apparently not only did he like the pilot, the flip-off-the-building-and-shoot-grappling-arrow move was suave enough that I think he's going to try Arrow again.

I love these shows, man. :)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wolvorine posted:

My father is 63, and when I told him a while back how good Arrow is he said "I watched a little of it, that's not Green Arrow.". I shrugged and moved on.

I got a call from him yesterday, apparently he watched the leaked Flash pilot and didn't know it was connected to Arrow until Ollie showed up. Apparently not only did he like the pilot, the flip-off-the-building-and-shoot-grappling-arrow move was suave enough that I think he's going to try Arrow again.

I love these shows, man. :)

To be fair, the first season is most definitely not anything close to what most people who know Green Arrow see as Green Arrow. While he robbing the rich to help the poor he's also quite freely killing anybody in his way. The second season moves a bit further away from that direction still. If Oliver losing the family fortune was a planned move from the start (and isn't the "family" basically just him now with Thea off learning to be a badass and Walter having moved on?) we might very well see further moves into the more well known archetype of Green Arrow.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Flash pilot was awesome.

Holy poo poo we have DC superhero tv shows THAT ARE REALLY GOOD AHHHH

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Pilot was great. Gustin is loving golden. I've always thought he was pretty but I didn't know he could be so drat compelling. Glad to see at least one handsome rat escaped the horrible sinking ship that is Glee and moved on to bigger and better things. :allears:

Also, the only other thing I've seen John Wesley Shipp in is Teen Wolf, where he played a horrible abusive shitstain of a father, so his role here is making me :catstare: a little. I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

Also, the only other thing I've seen John Wesley Shipp in is Teen Wolf, where he played a horrible abusive shitstain of a father, so his role here is making me :catstare: a little. I'm sure I'll get over it soon enough.

He was Dawson's dad on Dawson's Creek.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Spergatory posted:

And he was The Flash of course.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Up until the end I thought The Flash's dad was played by John C. McGinley and when it turned out it wasn't I was inordinately mad :mad:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Bad Moon posted:

Up until the end I thought The Flash's dad was played by John C. McGinley and when it turned out it wasn't I was inordinately mad :mad:

If John C McGinley was ever that positive and endearing in any form of media I'd have to quit watching stuff. That's not what John C McGinley is for!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Tatsu Yamashiro(Katana) joins Arrow on S3 she will be played by Devon Aoki (Miho on Sin City)

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Can't wait for the incoming "Is/not hot" "Can/not act" debates

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BarbarousBertha posted:

Can't wait for the incoming "Is/not hot" "Can/not act" debates

Yes.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Will Oliver sleep with her and will Felicity get jealous?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eddain posted:

Will Oliver sleep with her and will Felicity get jealous?

Is there a woman on this show not named Felicity (or his sister) that he hasn't slept with?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Rarity posted:

Is there a woman on this show not named Felicity (or his sister) that he hasn't slept with?

Moira and jury is out on Waller. So probably.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Laurel's black lawyer friend who hasn't been seen for a while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He hasn't slept with Alex Kingston or China White... that we know of.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The housekeeper.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rejutka posted:

The housekeeper.

Please, who do you think taught Ollie to be a man?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Rhyno posted:

Please, who do you think taught Ollie to be a man?

The Island.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

rejutka posted:

The Island.

The island taught him to be be a badass motherfucker.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Ollie still needs to bag Laurel and Sara's mom to get the hat trick of Lance Ladies

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

Ollie still needs to bag Laurel and Sara's mom to get the hat trick of Lance Ladies

He already got Laurel. Season 1, remember?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And also before season 1.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Laurel and Sara's mom means the mother of Laurel and Sara, not Laurel and also Sara's mom.

You guys should stop watching TV and read some books to build your reading comprehension back up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Whizbang posted:

Laurel and Sara's mom means the mother of Laurel and Sara, not Laurel and also Sara's mom.

You guys should stop watching TV and read some books to build your reading comprehension back up.

Words are hard man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In a book it would be written "Laurel-and-Sara's Mom" so that hardly helps!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh wow, I did not know that the Pilot for Flash was out. I am totally going to watch that then be horribly depressed for a week as I don't get to watch it. :(.

Also someone mention The Shade , the Changing Man. Yes.

Ugh, you don't know how hard I'd flip out if Starman, Jack showed up on the Arrow series.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

We're also forgetting Nyssa, but to be fair to Ollie, he's working against the odds on that one.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

jscolon2.0 posted:

We're also forgetting Nyssa, but to be fair to Ollie, he's working against the odds on that one.

She seems down for a 3some

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
And I immediately regret my decision to watch the Flash pilot . It was so drat great, some rough spots, Amell was great, and some you know pilotyness, but holy crap. Unless you want to be incredibly blue balled don't watch it, it's really good but oh poo poo blue balls

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

What I really liked about the Flash pilot is that the first thing you hear is Barry telling the audience how awesome it is to have superpowers.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Vincent posted:

What I really liked about the Flash pilot is that the first thing you hear is Barry telling the audience how awesome it is to have superpowers.

This really establishes right from the word go the difference in tone between the two shows. In a good way. Barry is just so HYPED to be a hero/have super powers.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Hollismason posted:

And I immediately regret my decision to watch the Flash pilot . It was so drat great, some rough spots, Amell was great, and some you know pilotyness, but holy crap. Unless you want to be incredibly blue balled don't watch it, it's really good but oh poo poo blue balls

I think it's easy to get blue balled from the Flash pilot because it's pretty drat good. It feels a lot less pilot-y, than say, Constantine which I was forced to watch earlier tonight.

Like the tone they seem to be going for seems like it'll work well.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

This really establishes right from the word go the difference in tone between the two shows. In a good way. Barry is just so HYPED to be a hero/have super powers.

Also, I'm sure someone else knows, but can someone name a TV or Movie where the main character thought it was the coolest thing ever to suddenly have superpowers? Barry had a whole 4 seconds of worry before he figured it out and decided to go have some fun.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Warmachine posted:

Also, I'm sure someone else knows, but can someone name a TV or Movie where the main character thought it was the coolest thing ever to suddenly have superpowers? Barry had a whole 4 seconds of worry before he figured it out and decided to go have some fun.

The Amazing Spider Man had a pretty quick turn around on it, with Peter screwing with Flash not too long after discovering his powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
In The Fantastic Four movie Johnny Storms reaction to discovering his superpowers was basically "This is awesome!"

• Locked thread