Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Poque posted:

Players please post reactions not only to viewer comments but to your fellow castaways' confessionals. I always wanna hear more more more!

Man. I think I'm down for the vista but I'm really really wary to touch the confessionals. This whole shebang took a huge toll on my psyche, and I don't know how I pulled that out, but I have the distinct impression that a lot of those confessionals will be downright DEVASTATING.

Like, if I were ever on real Survivor, I doubt I'd watch. I'd just watch SA and twitter live-watch and try to infer what was going on through that and Rob C recaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

They hated me that much, huh

Don't worry, we hated everyone.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Asiina posted:

Also I voted for Skinty too :)
Skinty was a cool dude. His confessionals must have been something to behold. Congrats bro :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I would have voted for Ice after that final tribal as well. I thought you did a really good job of explaining your motives and highlighting your presence in the game.

Fast Luck, you really oversold yourself when you didn't need to. A lot of your answers were simply unnecessary and somewhat condescending.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Power of Pecota posted:

Poque who was the bo ner who voted for Cena?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Propaganda Machine posted:

Man. I think I'm down for the vista but I'm really really wary to touch the confessionals. This whole shebang took a huge toll on my psyche, and I don't know how I pulled that out, but I have the distinct impression that a lot of those confessionals will be downright DEVASTATING.

Like, if I were ever on real Survivor, I doubt I'd watch. I'd just watch SA and twitter live-watch and try to infer what was going on through that and Rob C recaps.

Maybe give it a day and then check back. If you approach it from a healthy attitude of really seeing how you come across, it can be cathartic.

That said, I'm really bad at keeping up with confessionals and legitimately don't remember how other people reacted to you, heh.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Skinty was a cool dude. His confessionals must have been something to behold. Congrats bro :)

Oh my god, before he got PMs and before the link was put into treemail, skinty sent me a short novel by email that I had to spend 20 minutes formatting so it wouldn't completely break the doc.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

CapnAndy posted:

They hated me that much, huh

I called you getting John Tucker Must Died from the first round of confessionals, idk how accurate that was

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

I would have voted for Ice after that final tribal as well. I thought you did a really good job of explaining your motives and highlighting your presence in the game.

Fast Luck, you really oversold yourself when you didn't need to. A lot of your answers were simply unnecessary and somewhat condescending.

For what it's worth, I disagree with this.

But your jury was mostly composed of people like Rarity, apparently. :)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Asiina posted:

Oh my god, before he got PMs and before the link was put into treemail, skinty sent me a short novel by email that I had to spend 20 minutes formatting so it wouldn't completely break the doc.

And yet you still voted for me.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, other than your closing statement, I thought you had the best final tribal performance. That opening song was epic. Of course, worst closing statement for me was Prop, but that is mostly because I hate bitter jurors. :)

I actually wouldn't have been bitter. I would have been a bit charmed that I was threatening enough to make it to the end and get booted last minute.

Due to my positioning, I got good reads on what was happening in the game. I do not lack balls, so I wanted to just hit them with the worst and see how they responded. As I said before, I was going in with an open vote.

I just don't think you should get to the end, and not be prepared to defend the very worst of what you did.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota posted:

Poque who was the boner who voted for Cena?

it was mr. max peck, but he ultimately cast a Real Vote for Skinty. the asiina and JC votes were just for fun and each one resulted in an actual vote for a player :)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Ha! Some of those confessionals aren't mine, y'all. Who said Skinty was sucking us off over avatars?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

And yet you still voted for me.

That's when I decided you were an awesome person. It was really great to read.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rarity posted:

I'm really sorry to anyone who was hoping for me to win. I thought I needed to sell myself as hard as possible. I thought people would find the "alliances" with the jury, with the viewers, ... and all my desperate thoughts ... fun? Cool? Whatever? I think all those things, and my idol give-away ideas, were unique for this game and things people would think were a good time. I'm so sorry guys.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CapnAndy posted:

Someone else read it and see how people liked me, I was playing to the audience so hard with my confessionals

Now I think they didn't like me :(

I thought you were great. I think I posted early on that I wanted you to go far.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I actually wouldn't have been bitter. I would have been a bit charmed that I was threatening enough to make it to the end and get booted last minute.

Due to my positioning, I got good reads on what was happening in the game. I do not lack balls, so I wanted to just hit them with the worst and see how they responded. As I said before, I was going in with an open vote.

I just don't think you should get to the end, and not be prepared to defend the very worst of what you did.

That's fair, I just thought the tone came off as bitter juror, even if you wouldn't have intended it as that. I got really angry on Fast Luck's behalf at calling his immunity streak luck, among other things. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

As someone who spent days crafting the bitterest question I could, I think that's a fine attitude to go with.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Fast Luck posted:

I'm really sorry to anyone who was hoping for me to win. I thought I needed to sell myself as hard as possible. I thought people would find the "alliances" with the jury, with the viewers, ... and all my desperate thoughts ... fun? Cool? Whatever? I think all those things, and my alliance give-away ideas, were unique for this game and things people would think were a good time. I'm so sorry guys.

Don't worry about it. As someone else who has managed to deliver an awful FTC, it happens. It doesn't take away from the fact you had one hell of a run.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

I'm really sorry to anyone who was hoping for me to win. I thought I needed to sell myself as hard as possible. I thought people would find the "alliances" with the jury, with the viewers, ... and all my desperate thoughts ... fun? Cool? Whatever? I think all those things, and my idol give-away ideas, were unique for this game and things people would think were a good time. I'm so sorry guys.

Don't be sorry. You did great and you kept the end game interesting for the viewers. We were all rooting for you and I jumped up and down when I saw you win those immunities. In the end it's just a fun internet game and you did a great job.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW, I had somehow never seen this before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yis7GzlXNM

SO thanks for that Ice! :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

King Burgundy posted:

That's fair, I just thought the tone came off as bitter juror, even if you wouldn't have intended it as that. I got really angry on Fast Luck's behalf at calling his immunity streak luck, among other things. :)
Yeah, I had a whole response to that post that I couldn't put up because she made her closing argument after me. I did IM her though:

Last, but not least by far, in our talks you always wanted to take strong players to the end, because goats were "taking up" spots at this final tribal council that other, stronger players more "deserved." If there's a better strategy to lose for sure, I cannot tell you what it is.
lol those were all lies, i couldnt let you in on my real reasons because i didnt want you to second guess my votes and wanted you to think i was inept. but i told cena weeks ahead of time the real reasons :) i wanted to pit you and ice against each other. i dont care if winson gets 0 votes, i have to beat a durf and keeping you + ice seemed better than bringing winson

as far as immunity wins, it wasn't fast internet connections, it was smart play, like refreshing from the reply page instead of the thread, like being the best at doing a crossword, etc.

You sunk your strategic game when you chose to vote YPM out over Byers.

and of course, i didn't want to keep Byers over YPM! that was bowmore being intractible. i made extensive arguments, at one point i even said, fine, let's ally with prop and byers the SECOND vote, but let's vote out winson the first vote. couldn't get him to go with it. i assume you know im not that dumb :P

i know that post was partly a jury argument but i gotta give my response. how much of my response did you already know? is any of that news? i know you already know i didnt want to ally you guys in the shuffle cuz i told you about that hehe

how would these answers have worked for you if you were a juror?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, other than your closing statement, I thought you had the best final tribal performance. That opening song was epic. Of course, worst closing statement for me was Prop, but that is mostly because I hate bitter jurors. :)

I probably should have tried to throw PMac and FL under the bus more, but after three hours of FTC and the fact that I had to come home from work early sick (THE IRONY IS NOT LOST ON ME) I was just really really burnt out. It's not really a good excuse, but I knew it was kinda lovely and didn't think I had the time to change it.

Also reading the vista is fun even though a bunch of you hated me :laugh:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess for constructive criticism FL, I think you didn't own enough that your social game wasn't really there. Like, convincing an ally to do what you want them to do is part of a social game. So saying "my ally did what he wanted I couldn't do anything about it, that has nothing to do with my social game" isn't really true. Being able to influence your allies actions to your benefit is really what a social game is all about.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

:henget:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I still have no idea what this means.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

:greenangel:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Fast Luck posted:

i know that post was partly a jury argument but i gotta give my response. how much of my response did you already know? is any of that news? i know you already know i didnt want to ally you guys in the shuffle cuz i told you about that hehe

I say this as someone who might have voted for you, because I didn't really have strong feelings going into this for the most part. I had prepped an Ice vote, but like, it is pretty clear my mind could be changed. Your responses came off as... weirdly entitled? IDK if that is right, but it is in the ballpark. Like you had programmed the game to make you win, and now you were here to claim what was yours by right. I am not saying that is what you were meaning, but it is the impression that I ended up getting.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
(I also asked once and was given that as an answer)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sorry Asiina, I literally don't think there was anything more I could have done for winson. I said every single thing I could possibly have said to earn his trust. I wrote him pining letters, I explained why I would want to ally him, I told him why I would definitely give him my idol, I did everything anyone could ever imagine. If there was ANYTHING i failed to do in my efforts to convince him he was my top ally, let me know.

And if my social game wasn't there, why did I outlast Maltose? Why did bowmore and Chili make me offers? Why did Byers and Prop want to keep me?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I hope everyone had fun, because I certainly did. And the fun doesn't stop, because we will be launching later this month the sixth season of Awful Survivor!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Winson_Paine posted:

I say this as someone who might have voted for you, because I didn't really have strong feelings going into this for the most part. I had prepped an Ice vote, but like, it is pretty clear my mind could be changed. Your responses came off as... weirdly entitled? IDK if that is right, but it is in the ballpark. Like you had programmed the game to make you win, and now you were here to claim what was yours by right. I am not saying that is what you were meaning, but it is the impression that I ended up getting.
That's a mistake on my part. I had a lot of things going on during tribal council, serious, personal things. Well, I'm willing to own that I lost. My best friends won. Skinty, my one best friend, won player of the season. Prop, my other best friend, won the game. It's cool...

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I predict Goku wins :v:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

I probably should have tried to throw PMac and FL under the bus more, but after three hours of FTC and the fact that I had to come home from work early sick (THE IRONY IS NOT LOST ON ME) I was just really really burnt out. It's not really a good excuse, but I knew it was kinda lovely and didn't think I had the time to change it.

oh no did you get to the F5 immunity

IcePhoenix posted:

:greencube:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah, I had a whole response to that post that I couldn't put up because she made her closing argument after me. I did IM her though:

Last, but not least by far, in our talks you always wanted to take strong players to the end, because goats were "taking up" spots at this final tribal council that other, stronger players more "deserved." If there's a better strategy to lose for sure, I cannot tell you what it is.
lol those were all lies, i couldnt let you in on my real reasons because i didnt want you to second guess my votes and wanted you to think i was inept. but i told cena weeks ahead of time the real reasons :) i wanted to pit you and ice against each other. i dont care if winson gets 0 votes, i have to beat a durf and keeping you + ice seemed better than bringing winson

as far as immunity wins, it wasn't fast internet connections, it was smart play, like refreshing from the reply page instead of the thread, like being the best at doing a crossword, etc.

You sunk your strategic game when you chose to vote YPM out over Byers.

and of course, i didn't want to keep Byers over YPM! that was bowmore being intractible. i made extensive arguments, at one point i even said, fine, let's ally with prop and byers the SECOND vote, but let's vote out winson the first vote. couldn't get him to go with it. i assume you know im not that dumb :P

God, you're loving adorable! I hope you were slightly joking earlier, because in that question, I tried to make it clear: we're buddies. I like you. As a dude.

For 1...

Real reasons would have served you much better. I would have respected them and, gently caress, Winson would have been gone regardless and you'd have robbed me of some ammo. Also, you lsot to me. Who knows how Winson would have done. Anyway, with that line of "reasoning," you looked like a tool, in a very similar way as I'd looked like a tool weeks prior. You just had the poor sense to do it in recent memory.

I think...somebody else...said it better, but losing control over your alliance is absolutely the trademark of a horrible social game. You should have been able to talk bowmore out of that poo poo. Aligning with a Mafia player? Come. ON.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Fast Luck posted:

Sorry Asiina, I literally don't think there was anything more I could have done for winson. I said every single thing I could possibly have said to earn his trust. I wrote him pining letters, I explained why I would want to ally him, I told him why I would definitely give him my idol, I did everything anyone could ever imagine. If there was ANYTHING i failed to do in my efforts to convince him he was my top ally, let me know.

And if my social game wasn't there, why did I outlast Maltose? Why did bowmore and Chili make me offers? Why did Byers and Prop want to keep me?

I was talking more about when you were speaking about bowmore. Like I said, I think you played a great game. And you didn't just get to the end via the immunity run, although I think that's a big part of that and as a former challenge monster myself, you should totally own it. As I said in the vista, I think you just didn't do the best job of explaining why the moves you made and the things you did mean you should win. I think by leaving those connections unsaid that's where to others it ends up coming off as possibly entitled or just unclear why you are bringing stuff up.

But of course I'm talking out of my rear end since I wasn't on the jury, so feel free to disregard everything I've said.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

I predict Goku wins :v:

Sailor Moon will win because there's a new season starting soon holy poo poo am I excited.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

oh no did you get to the F5 immunity

:greencube:

I started at the top of the first tab. I knew what to expect. I've given my thoughts on both the challenge and my reaction to it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i correctly predicted another winner from pre-season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I do wonder if players had seen my confessionals, if they maybe would have respected me more. But that's why I sold myself so hard, which was apparently a turn-off. Ah well.

I don't want to throw bowmore under the bus. He was a friend and he voted for me. Bowmore and Dhaes are my best friends outa this besides Prop and Skinty. I do think Bowmore would back me up though when I say I did every single thing possible to change his mind. That's not a lie or bsing or whatever.

• Locked thread