Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nessa posted:

I don't drive.

Fortunately, the internet makes it pretty easy to look at art.

Even the good art.

search da and gain confidence/weep uncontrollably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

boom boom boom posted:

Did you see the episode of Fishing With John where John went fishing with Tom Waits in Jamaica?

I have never heard of Fishing With John, so no. Top 3 Tom Waits' acting performances off the top of my head and presented in no particular order: Renfield in Coppola's Dracula, Domino, and Seven Psychopaths. (Coffee and Cigarettes is not acting.)

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
driving a manny tranny like a bat out of hell and knowing you are good at it is the sweetest thing there is, almost better than sex

until you get ticketed in the bullshit city for going the wrong way on a one way street of course

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

solovyov posted:

I have never heard of Fishing With John, so no. Top 3 Tom Waits' acting performances off the top of my head and presented in no particular order: Renfield in Coppola's Dracula, Domino, and Seven Psychopaths. (Coffee and Cigarettes is not acting.)

Fishing With John is really good. It's an old reality show, every episode musician John Lurie goes fishing with a different celebrity. Jamaica with Tom Waits and ice fishing with Willem Defoe are super great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdLyt2EsQ0Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvXQmMf3tP0

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Light-Bearer posted:

driving a manny tranny like a bat out of hell and knowing you are good at it is the sweetest thing there is, almost better than sex

until you get ticketed in the bullshit city for going the wrong way on a one way street of course

Unnnnnnngggggh

Sorry about your bumpkin ticket hittles. But I can't deny there's something really sexy about shifting down and accelerating hard.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

stimulated emission posted:

boom settled down in neo-tokyo
and he hung his wild years on a nail that he drove through his waifus forehead

it really does work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEj-mrwwaxo

Your hair is like meadow grass on the tide
And the raindrops on my window
And the ice in my drink
Baby all I can think of is Anime

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
my favourite anime is wakfu

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Afraid of Audio posted:

no one wants to gently caress you though

I think you'll find that I conform to almost all normative values relating to attractiveness and social acceptability.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Maoist Pussy posted:

I think you'll find that I conform to almost all normative values relating to attractiveness and social acceptability.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Maoist Pussy posted:

Post proof

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I wish you would realise your aloof & edgy internet persona is actually really boring and unfunny, maoist pussy. but keep posting, maybe one day the fyad boys will finally notice you.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

Shithouse Dave posted:

Unnnnnnngggggh

Sorry about your bumpkin ticket hittles. But I can't deny there's something really sexy about shifting down and accelerating hard.

it is best when you are in heavy traffic on a four-lane interstate with enough room to manuever and all the other assholes are looking for nearby exits but you can just slam into fourth or fifth and glide between them and feel the tranny vibrations in your arm, the engine humming up between your legs, the car responding to your lightest touch like the fairest thoroughbred destrier charging forward into battle, you and he one

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
oh god i should stop here but no one can stop my prancing palfrey

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I wish you would realise your aloof & edgy internet persona is actually really boring and unfunny, maoist pussy. but keep posting, maybe one day the fyad boys will finally notice you.

yeah this

Light-Bearer posted:

yes this, except I got ticketed for the dinky license plate light going out

such bullshit

the car I had with a manual transmission was like a little matchbox car too, it owned

http://imgur.com/qCJwIXb

matchbox car with headlights that open and close with a satisfying clunk

I wish I hadn't put off learning stick for so long, because driving it is amazing

also feeling kind of crappy about putting that bunny down and I don't even know why, it was either kill it or like, stick it in the side yard to be die slowly/possibly be devoured by cats slowly

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Light-Bearer posted:

it is best when you are in heavy traffic on a four-lane interstate with enough room to manuever and all the other assholes are looking for nearby exits but you can just slam into fourth or fifth and glide between them and feel the tranny vibrations in your arm, the engine humming up between your legs, the car responding to your lightest touch like the fairest thoroughbred destrier charging forward into battle, you and he one

you're making me hate my sensible mom-car

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Feminists complain about societal pressure to wear bras. Oh, sounds terrible! Try walking around with a bunch of tape and weights strapped to your cock for 13 years.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
oval office raja, don't feel bad. even though there were probably weird wiccan ladies in your area who take in strange animals, like the one in my village who took in the no-eyed calf. but it must be harder in the city.

OH poo poo, what coupe model is that? my sister had that car in high school when I was like 11 and i thought it was cool as poo poo cause of the folding headlights exclusively

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

oval office raja posted:

also feeling kind of crappy about putting that bunny down and I don't even know why, it was either kill it or like, stick it in the side yard to be die slowly/possibly be devoured by cats slowly

It was in pain, and you stopped it. The best vet on earth wouldn't have been able to help it get better, and even trying to get it to a vet would have prolonged its suffering. You stopped it from suffering; you did all you could do.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

I enjoyed American gods because it caught the vibe of these different American places.

Not a fan in the furry sex with a cat god, reverse birth and other 'edgy' things.

Thanks for the dildo coat holder I'm going to use that in a safety toolbox. :)

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

e: unrelated

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Light-Bearer posted:

oval office raja, don't feel bad. even though there were probably weird wiccan ladies in your area who take in strange animals, like the one in my village who took in the no-eyed calf. but it must be harder in the city.

OH poo poo, what coupe model is that? my sister had that car in high school when I was like 11 and i thought it was cool as poo poo cause of the folding headlights exclusively

edit wait if you're just asking make and model it's a '90 Dodge Shelby Daytona, tiny car that my dad helped me put a slightly bigger engine in for fun. it was like what I imagined driving a race car would feel like when I was a kid

I dunno the details on the car in that pic, I wasn't using the search terms correctly because apparently half the internet thinks of the car as a "plymouth daytona" and the other half thinks of it as a "dodge daytona" which is weird. I found one exactly like the one I had, except mine also had a thin neon green line going all the way around it, with a thin neon orange line going all the way around right above. Like 1/10th of a inch thick. I assumed they made the car go faster

here is what I had

http://imgur.com/Njvh49E

Also I would rather have drowned the bun while running and holding the bucket handle with my teeth than hand it over to some well-meaning but dumb Wicca lady so she could stuff its intestines back in with no anesthesia so it could die of sepsis in two weeks. Poor baby bun. It was so scared, but did not try to bite me.

Sharkie posted:

It was in pain, and you stopped it. The best vet on earth wouldn't have been able to help it get better, and even trying to get it to a vet would have prolonged its suffering. You stopped it from suffering; you did all you could do.

Thank you. I know I did the right thing, animal control out here is stretched thin, shelters won't take bunnies that weren't pets at some point, and it obviously did not feel good. I didn't even know it was alive until I walked up and realized it had that bunny "oh poo poo what's goin' on" alert stance, sort of. I knew what I had to do and did it without feeling bad at the time, but I went to bed and woke up at 1 AM (normal) and cried a little bit over a baby bunny (not normal). I guess it's a delayed reaction of some sort.

Also the yuppie I live with is treating my actions like some sort of "harming animals as a child = potential psychopath" thing. like I did it FOR FUN

I can't wait to move

Oh also we're moving p soon, I can't remember if I posted that or not.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 2, 2014

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
that car is still in existence. my dad uses it to go back to work in between chemo sessions. it is a badass workhorse and has my utmost respect

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
it's moving day here, but not for us. the chipper young girl we never really got to know that well is moving out right now, and later the noise-band hipster kid will start moving his stuff in.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm just getting down because they're piling more work on me than i can physically do in a day, every day, and i'm staying back late and not having breaks and just working working working all day, every day, and they still get lovely with me when i don't get everything done, and i only have ten days left of the internship so i don't want to lose my energy now and part ways on a bad note but i've been working for months and my savings are all gone and i'm just so tired :(

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
like, i genuinely like them and it's really important to me that we remain friends but they seem to be turning against me, rather than the other way around, because i can't keep up the breakneck pace that i set when i was still fresh and energetic

and i can't even vent to my mother because literally every time i ring her she's canoodling with her loving landlord :psyduck:

my life is a tragicomedy

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i guess i'm just torn between "i really don't want to let you guys down right at the end of my tenure and make you feel like this whole thing was just a waste! :(" and "wait, i'm already working full-time for free, what exactly do i owe this workplace?"

gently caress unpaid internships i guess

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
pobelsite :(

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
great, our washing machine just started leaking.

Avshalom posted:

like, i genuinely like them and it's really important to me that we remain friends but they seem to be turning against me, rather than the other way around, because i can't keep up the breakneck pace that i set when i was still fresh and energetic

and i can't even vent to my mother because literally every time i ring her she's canoodling with her loving landlord :psyduck:

my life is a tragicomedy

tell them how you feel, say you want to complete the internship to everyone's satisfaction but that you're stretched too thin between the work-load and your personal life. if they're not assholes, they will surely understand.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Avshalom posted:

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

How much longer is the internship av? Seriously don't be afraid to speak up when your workload is full.

Cars I have owned:
1981 leyland mini
1973 ford fairlane
1979 Oldsmobile regency 98
1982 Mazda 323
1994 Subaru legacy
1997 BMW 318ti
1998 Chevy cavalier

I didn't bother buying a car in Australia, and I drove either a Toyota hiace van or a Mercedes Vito van for work. The Canadian cavalier is the saddest regression, it is super crappy.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
i once got a handy in a '72 challenger, was cool

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
one week to go! :toot:

in other news, i've just applied for my 20th apartment

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

it's "pobresita"

I'm sorry your boss is dumping a bunch of poo poo on you in the last couple weeks, that's awful. at least you got a tablet out of all this

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
poblesat :(

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

pubblesit :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
niece status: potato shaped, somnolent, and really happy. my mom said she even smiles in her sleep

• Locked thread