Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Haquer posted:

What's better is that Ubisoft has a Shanghai branch and you know they had to have heard of this before since chinagame is popular over there.

Maybe they just want people to forget the game exists? :v:

IP laws are a lot more lenient over in China. You can't enforce that poo poo at all like you can here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We need some write ups for a few classes in swordsman online.

Shaolin, wu-tang, E'mei, harmony, Zephyr, and five venoms.

This doesn't need to be long, just enough for a new person to get an idea of the theme and some moves.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Haquer posted:

What's better is that Ubisoft has a Shanghai branch and you know they had to have heard of this before since chinagame is popular over there.

Maybe they just want people to forget the game exists? :v:

I am one of the few people in the world who actually liked that game, apparently. :saddowns:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Wolpertinger posted:

I am one of the few people in the world who actually liked that game, apparently. :saddowns:

Hey now I enjoyed it. However the you can never die mechanic for the parkour should never have existed and combat could definitely be improved. Else I'm a sucker for cel shading style games.

Oh and they never released the DLC for PC :mad:

Skion
Mar 24, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

We need some write ups for a few classes in swordsman online.

Shaolin, wu-tang, E'mei, harmony, Zephyr, and five venoms.

This doesn't need to be long, just enough for a new person to get an idea of the theme and some moves.

Harmony is a rogue/assassin class. Uses a Longsword/Shortsword combo as a weapon, hidden in a guitar or whatever.
1st set has a poison attack and naruto shadowclones. Has a "teleport to enemies face" skill thats pretty handy.
2nd set is very fast and full of charges. Also has a spin2win that sucks in nearby mobs, a 3hit breakdance that blinds, knockdowns, crazy stuff. And for pvp an unblockable dash that paralyzes for 2 seconds, very good for pvp.
3rd set sends out ghosts and is a ranged set. The main gimmick is tapping buttons usually just sends out a ghost to attack a ranged opponent, while holding it will have you go in place of the ghost and do bonus effects. Pretty weird, but fun.

Overall Harmony does ton of damage, but is pretty fail and has no GET THE gently caress OUT options.

As far as 9poison I only got the first two sets. They use whips and poison, think WV with S&M.
1st is pretty boring, its a ranged palm set with a whip attack that pulls you in to a target then kicks them back. The main draw is this set drops a huge plant that heals any friendly for shitloads for x seconds, 1 minute cooldown.
2nd set is a crazy whip set that focuses on AOE damage, and a few single target grabs and attacks. Has a whopping 9 skills, so plenty of room to customize for single target or aoe fighting. Seems super fun, and reasonably fast.
3rd set from what I hear cranks the aoe stuff to 11, so this class seems to be heavy on PVE and AOE attacks.

This is by no means comprehensive, just the feel I got while playing for about a week.

EDIT: I also played a LITTLE of Zephyr, 1st set is straight-up a mage with blasting ice, and a few aoe attacks. Also you can dance to heal allies :dance:
I saw a preview of the 2nd set at http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Zephyr_skills and it looked super complicated, and had huge cooldowns on everything.

Skion fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 28, 2014

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Haquer posted:

Hey now I enjoyed it. However the you can never die mechanic for the parkour should never have existed and combat could definitely be improved. Else I'm a sucker for cel shading style games.

Oh and they never released the DLC for PC :mad:

Never die was pretty blah yeah, but it was a very beautiful game and I admit the idea of the main character being a dick and screwing over everyone selfishly at the ending was more entertaining and unexpected to me than a typical happy ending would be.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So is this Swordsman game fun? I quit Wushu because I couldn't stand everyone being able to two shot me for long enough that that doesn't matter... the Tong stuff looks funny - 'yeah, we have guns. We will shoot you.' is really funny for a wuxia type game in my opinion, but sounds great.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

KittyEmpress posted:

So is this Swordsman game fun? I quit Wushu because I couldn't stand everyone being able to two shot me for long enough that that doesn't matter... the Tong stuff looks funny - 'yeah, we have guns. We will shoot you.' is really funny for a wuxia type game in my opinion, but sounds great.

By the sounds of the PvP and what I've seen everyone is a tangman that can two shot one another depending on skillshots landing and your use of stuns.

Hopefully the endgame gets better and entices people into a slightly better managed game.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
swordsman thread is up

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3646261

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
:siren: Wars I actually give 2 shits about tomorrow :siren:

What: War
When: :frogon:
Where: North Louyang
Why: gently caress TDH :black101:

Nbloc also declared on TDH's southeast Shaolin base (we own the south one) so this is a double attack against TDH for pissing off nbloc for whatever loving thing they did (I really don't know if anyone else wants to fill us in). I'll be there, you should too.

Misbiopy
Jun 13, 2010

Haquer posted:

:siren: Wars I actually give 2 shits about tomorrow :siren:

What: War
When: :frogon:
Where: North Louyang
Why: gently caress TDH :black101:

Nbloc also declared on TDH's southeast Shaolin base (we own the south one) so this is a double attack against TDH for pissing off nbloc for whatever loving thing they did (I really don't know if anyone else wants to fill us in). I'll be there, you should too.

I won't be able to make it to this one, having computer troubles(the kind that cost me hundreds of dollars), and the computers I have access to basically won't run Wushu. Not that I would have been all that much help anyways, despite taichi rage. Meridians still not where they need to be.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Now that everyone has ancient tai chi, 9 palaces, and those sets that suck everyone in, guild wars are my least favorite part of the game. I don't mind dying repeatedly, but being unable to even move gets old fast.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

The pay to win sets really sucked the fun out of pvp because everyone uses the same 5 moves as they are unequivatably better than every other noncash set in the game. Yeah you can beat them with other sets because all the people left are drooling morons but it's just not fun anymore.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
TDH lost their NBloc war since they focused all their efforts and botting bucket alts into our war so we didn't win the attack but who cares.

Also, Rebellion declared on Jetli Cliff for tomorrow. Their allies are HUATAHHHH and TDH. I'll be at work during that time to enjoy~

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haroshia posted:

If you don't come play with us I will be sad.

I'm taking my laptop to get repaired tomorrow because the modem has become physically disconnected inside. Good thing I have a backup, but still.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So today I get to post my first chatp0rn, live from SV.

I think he was upset by the fact that I compared the relevancy of his guild to the dried cum stain behind my couch.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Haroshia posted:

IP laws are a lot more lenient over in China. You can't enforce that poo poo at all like you can here.

Eh, if it were legally infringing, just enforce it here. But it's probably not unlawful infringement--I mean I'd have to actually compare the assets, but I'd be really surprised if it were. Moreover, what IP? Selling a Mickey Mouse doll is different from selling a license to play with a virtual outfit that is reminiscent of something from another video game set in some other fantasy desert place. Is this about copyright (of what, an outfit?(!?) An image?)? Trademark (of what, the outfit? They have that poo poo trademarked!?)? If they were selling a "Prince of Arabia" outfit--maybe maybe maybe.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
There's maintenance today from 4pm-8pm central time. Why does it take place at the beginning of prime time? Who the gently caress knows.

Servers are now down.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haquer posted:

There's maintenance today from 4pm-8pm central time. Why does it take place at the beginning of prime time? Who the gently caress knows.

Servers are now down.

Chinagame! Snail just never fails to impress.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

quote:

Start - Monday, June 30, 2014 - 4:00 PM CDT (Monday, June 30, 2014 - 2:00 PM PDT)
End - Monday, June 30, 2014 - 8:00 PM CDT (Monday, June 30, 2014 - 6:00 PM PDT)

We are performing a relocation of our server hardware within the same data center. Extended downtime may occur, please be informed. Server performance should increase across the board after the move.

Thank you for your patience.

Patch Notes
1. New Fashion Lore - Wind God Costume
2. New Weapon Lore - Dark Sheath Lore
3. New Skill Set - Full Moon Scimitar

Guess we'll get the skillset today. Going to gently caress some nerds up. It's basically Mozi with a blade and skill disables/other utility hits in place of the other effects Mozi gives.

My gold chef blade will finally get use again :unsmith:

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Haquer posted:

Guess we'll get the skillset today. Going to gently caress some nerds up. It's basically Mozi with a blade and skill disables/other utility hits in place of the other effects Mozi gives.

My gold chef blade will finally get use again :unsmith:

i don't seem to understand the set. According to the website (http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/full_moon_scimitar/) all i see is something very similar to yangyang blade. There is no mention of skill disable anywhere.

Weirdly no skills seem to use rage (probably a website typo) and while the text for the second charge mention a 20M range the stats state it at 3.

It looks like you get 2 charge (one 4 hits, one 2) a spam, 2 Aoe (probably both cones in front of you, one of them stun for 2S, the other pushback) the feint pushback on parry break and the rage is single target. The main gimmick of the set being attaching at max 5 levels of DOT for 8S.

If the set really is about skill disable and have a 20m charge then this could be a wonderfull PVP set if it animate fast enough. If not its just a (near) reskin of Yanyang with flashier animations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

aleksendr posted:

i don't seem to understand the set. According to the website (http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/full_moon_scimitar/) all i see is something very similar to yangyang blade. There is no mention of skill disable anywhere.

Weirdly no skills seem to use rage (probably a website typo) and while the text for the second charge mention a 20M range the stats state it at 3.

It looks like you get 2 charge (one 4 hits, one 2) a spam, 2 Aoe (probably both cones in front of you, one of them stun for 2S, the other pushback) the feint pushback on parry break and the rage is single target. The main gimmick of the set being attaching at max 5 levels of DOT for 8S.

If the set really is about skill disable and have a 20m charge then this could be a wonderfull PVP set if it animate fast enough. If not its just a (near) reskin of Yanyang with flashier animations.

It's not even close to Yanyang. Yanyang is all about CC moves, this one is a more standard double charge blade set with DoTs attached do it.

E: Also Yanyang is hilariously low damage even at level 6, whereas this set looks to be putting out far more damage (but it's still external so the damage is going to be lower anyway).

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

It's not even close to Yanyang. Yanyang is all about CC moves, this one is a more standard double charge blade set with DoTs attached do it.

E: Also Yanyang is hilariously low damage even at level 6, whereas this set looks to be putting out far more damage (but it's still external so the damage is going to be lower anyway).

Says the beggar.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hole Wolf posted:

Says the beggar.

Okay genius

I'm not Haroshia

Yet, at least

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
New blade set has a massive cone stun for 2 seconds and a juggle move if they have the DoT on the (cone can apply this as well). The charges do good damage and with good enough ping you can lock people into extremely long combos where they can't really do poo poo against you. If the DoT is on a person, the rage also ignores external defense which makes it really loving good.

In account hacking news, yuyubaby of TDH outs himself as a stupid fucktard in chengdu scene chat:

If he doesn't get proper hosed, then gently caress this game.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Intoxicate shortly proceeded to kiss the ground. This is probably why successful p2ws aren't Tangmen, ever.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

Intoxicate shortly proceeded to kiss the ground. This is probably why successful p2ws aren't Tangmen, ever.

Can we like

be friends with TDH for a while

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Chaos guild in the morning... before school i'm guessing

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

Chaos guild in the morning... before school i'm guessing

Jesus Christ :cripes:

Summer vacation so no school for them, but that has to be a child.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/independence_day_event/

"Event" 4
Item description: Phoenix Perches on Plane-Tree

Doesn't Snail just have the weirdest placeholder images? :allears:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

That's no place holder. It's a stick lore for your sword.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Full Dugu.

BOGO VIP sounds nice, though Amazon has wushu gold marked as unavailable for some reason.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So apparently it was decided at a meeting that took place while I was asleep for work sometime in the past couple of weeks that You Don't Sell Caracals Ancient Fragments On The Open Market.

So if you do it I'll... take away your birthday or something I don't know! Not entirely sure how you police such a thing but hey I just play this weird Chinese game and not some weird game where you spend IRL money to win :iiam:

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler

Haquer posted:

Jesus Christ :cripes:

Summer vacation so no school for them, but that has to be a child.

How the gently caress does someone misspell their home town?

FebrezeNinja posted:

Full Dugu.

BOGO VIP sounds nice, though Amazon has wushu gold marked as unavailable for some reason.

I mentioned this in guild last week to Haq that when I attempted to buy gold via Amazon USA to renew VIP, my purchase was immediately cancelled. I tried 2 more times with same results. After speaking with Amazon they said the issue is with the seller; not my end nor Amazon. I guess, like Paypal, Amazon is having trouble with Snail and probably will drop them soon.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

funakupo posted:

I mentioned this in guild last week to Haq that when I attempted to buy gold via Amazon USA to renew VIP, my purchase was immediately cancelled. I tried 2 more times with same results. After speaking with Amazon they said the issue is with the seller; not my end nor Amazon. I guess, like Paypal, Amazon is having trouble with Snail and probably will drop them soon.

Yeah, my last gold order was fine via amazon for VIP but it's also listed for me as being unavailable :(

And it was so loving handy, too.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

So apparently it was decided at a meeting that took place while I was asleep for work sometime in the past couple of weeks that You Don't Sell Caracals Ancient Fragments On The Open Market.

So if you do it I'll... take away your birthday or something I don't know! Not entirely sure how you police such a thing but hey I just play this weird Chinese game and not some weird game where you spend IRL money to win :iiam:

I thought its dont sell fragments to mutou or tox because they buy alliance price then give to TDH :confused:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

I thought its dont sell fragments to mutou or tox because they buy alliance price then give to TDH :confused:

No clue, like I said, I wasn't there. But Leffe outside the Chengdu bank last night told me "only sell in-alliance" so who knows.

E: Not that I'm telling goons what to do because frankly this game is a chatroom that happens to have kung fu in it most of the time to me v:shobon:v

Haquer fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 3, 2014

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

PassiveSentence posted:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/static/independence_day_event/

"Event" 4
Item description: Phoenix Perches on Plane-Tree

Doesn't Snail just have the weirdest placeholder images? :allears:

As 4th of July events go this really is a poor showing.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
There's always Subway Cards, they've been the most reliable method forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
War tomorrow, defending Enigma's base in Evil Men's Valley North and attacking Southeast Louyang TDH base.

Don't know what the war plan will be nor if I'll be home for it.