Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

SALT CURES HAM posted:

tbh stormfront is largely pretty unfunny but occasionally it just dives headfirst into "andy kaufman is alive" territory

e: i swear to god i'm not kidding

quote:

Hyperdimension Neptunia is just a drop in the ocean. Japanese has own point of view about the world and i am 100% sure that their society or hobbies are NOT influenced for jews. TRUST ME.

Experimental D&D Chat Thread: 100% not influenced for Jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

quote:

I was just reading the description of the Orc race on World of Warcraft's website, and it's pretty clear that they represent blacks. Check it:

The savage, green-skinned Orcs are one of the most prolific races of Azeroth. They are commonly believed to be brutal and mindless, possessing no humanity or empathy for other races. Born on the hellish world of Draenor, the Orcs were brought into the kingdom of Stormwind through the dimensional gateway known as the Dark Portal and forced to wage war on the Humans. Although few are aware of their history, the Orcs once cultivated a noble, Shamanistic society on the world of Draenor. Tragically, the proud Orc clans were corrupted by the Burning Legion and used as pawns in the Legion's invasion of Azeroth. The Orcs managed to rebel, however, and they were ultimately able to help turn the tide against their demon masters. Led by the young Warchief, Thrall, the Orcs have reclaimed their strength and honor. Now, the Orcs stand ready to fight not for the sake of conquest, but for their right to survive in their adopted world.

Now change it around a bit to make it fit our world:

The savage, black-skinned Blacks are one of the most prolific races of Earth. They are commonly believed to be brutal and mindless, possessing no humanity or empathy for other races. Born on the hellish continent of Africa, the blacks were brought into the country of America through the water passage known as the Atlantic Ocean and forced to pick cotton for the Humans. Although few are aware of their history, the Blacks once cultivated a noble, Shamanistic society on the continent of Africa. Tragically, the proud Black clans were corrupted by the Jewish slave boat owners and used as pawns in the Jews' invasion of America. The Blacks managed to rebel, however, and they were ultimately able to help turn the tide against their White slave masters. Led by the young Warchief, Martin Luther King Jr., the Blacks have reclaimed their strength and honor. Now, the Blacks stand ready to fight not for the sake of conquest, but for their right to survive in their adopted world, unknowingly doing the Jew's bidding.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

N. Senada posted:

Experimental D&D Chat Thread: 100% not influenced for Jews

I was gonna say "how has that guy never met a Jewish weeaboo", then I remembered it's Stormfront and that guy hasn't met a Jewish anything.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

moller posted:

Daiquiris. It's like a whiskey sour except rum instead of whiskey and lime instead of lemon. Same proportions.

Make it with Cachaça and it becomes a caipirinha!

With gin it's a gimlet - leave out the sugar and top with soda and it's a Gin Rickey.

Cocktails (and highballs) are fun.

Perfect! Thank you.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

loquacius posted:

I was gonna say "how has that guy never met a Jewish weeaboo", then I remembered it's Stormfront and that guy hasn't met a Jewish anything.

I met a Lutheran lady who was kind of like a weeaboo for Judaism. It was weird.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I met a Lutheran lady who was kind of like a weeaboo for Judaism. It was weird.

I knew two girls in my high school class who ended up going to Brandeis. One of them was Greek Orthodox but a Judaism weeaboo for cultural reasons like the dentist from Seinfeld. The other one was Jewish but a Christianity weeaboo for Broadway reasons (she was apparently so into both Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar that she actually took serious offense to Jesus jokes). Basically being from the Northeast where actual Jewish people live (notably including myself) I really don't understand how red-staters can think of Jews as this mysterious reclusive race of supervillains.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I assume by red-staters you mean the fringe borderline illiterate scum who post on Stormfront, and not a third of the country.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

paragon1 posted:

We already know everything they have to say is horrible all the time so I don't see much of a point.

To be clear, I was just making an observation, not soliciting advice on how to go to sleep. Thanks anyway though.

No problem health is a big concern

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I've lived in the South my whole life and the people I met, especially family were usually openly racist but I've only met two people that had anything bad to say about the Jews. Those two people were my cousins. :smith: One lives in a trailer and flies a Nazi flag so what do you expect, he hates everybody including himself and the other just told me a really nasty Jew joke when he was seven (which shocked the hell out of me) and that was it.

Thank goodness I lucked out with my parents.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 2, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I sense...regionalism chat...

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

zoux posted:

Reminds me of that line about how being socially liberal but fiscally conservative is like saying "I hate the symptoms, but I love the disease!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I wasn't trying to say everybody from every red state hates Jews or anything, just that it only seems possible for Stormfronters to say things like "Japanese culture is 100% not suited for Jews" if there just plain aren't any Jewish people anywhere near where they live.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think I've asked this before but the chances of the Republicans getting a veto/filibuster breaking majority in the Senate are slim to none right? I overheard one of my co-workers saying something like, "Well Obamacare will be gone after 2014 anyway" so that's why I'm asking.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't know how accurate it is but someone told once there are less than 100k Jews in Texas.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

edit: I think I've asked this before but the chances of the Republicans getting a veto/filibuster breaking majority in the Senate are slim to none right? I overheard one of my co-workers saying something like, "Well Obamacare will be gone after 2014 anyway" so that's why I'm asking.

Zero percent chance.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Whenever people get pissy at me for making fun of him I just link this picture.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Uh. Is that actually Macklemore wearing a Shylock-esque Jewish-caricature costume? :psyduck:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

loquacius posted:

Uh. Is that actually Macklemore wearing a Shylock-esque Jewish-caricature costume? :psyduck:

Well if you ask him he doesn't know what any of those things are!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
In a rural community (which I assume there are more of in the South) chances are higher there will be a lack of diversity so people will be more likely to share the same opinions. If I had grown up an area with greater diversity my impression is that my views would have been challenged much earlier in life.

The Internet thankfully (long before I came to SA) bridged that gap for me and a lot of people my age as well.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

loquacius posted:

Yeah, that's exactly what that is.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

loquacius posted:

He's got hella Jewish homies though.

Also I don't know about Jews in Texas generally but Houston has a pretty big Jewish community. They even have their own neighborhood!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

Also I don't know about Jews in Texas generally but Houston has a pretty big Jewish community. They even have their own neighborhood!

Wikipedia says 46000 in Houston. Google "jewish population in Texas" and it says there are 140k Texas Jews.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

The blacks and Mexicans skew the average :freep:

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

Tokamak posted:

What the gently caress? This is Di-hydrogen Monoxide levels of stupid. Couldn't the council get a geologist, a scientist or doctor with some expertise with asbestos to certify that the rock is harmless?

We have parts of Australia (Queensland) that are resistant to fluoridation so :downs:

At some point I'd like to read a D&D thread about fluoridation because, living in Portland, I hear a lot that 'scientists' have shown it to be harmful. I don't know much about it one way or the other and there aren't very many places you can search for this information that don't delve into gold-fringe-flag levels of crazy within the first paragraph.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

illrepute posted:

At some point I'd like to read a D&D thread about fluoridation because, living in Portland, I hear a lot that 'scientists' have shown it to be harmful. I don't know much about it one way or the other and there aren't very many places you can search for this information that don't delve into gold-fringe-flag levels of crazy within the first paragraph.

It's fine.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

illrepute posted:

if you attempted to replace oxygen in your life with fluoride, then yes, that would be pretty harmful.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Pretty sure it's a commie plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2bSL5VQgM

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

stormfronter posted:

Some of these Japanese games appear sorta queer. They usually portray males as feminine, and they seem to have a fascination with sexualizing children.

he's not wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I mean, they just banned CP in Japan like, last week.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

zoux posted:

Is this a blanket ban on all CP or are they leaving lolicon out to appease the otaku? (please tell me it's the former)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Is this a blanket ban on all CP or are they leaving lolicon out to appease the otaku? (please tell me it's the former)

Hahaha. What do you think?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

loquacius posted:

The other one was Jewish but a Christianity weeaboo for Broadway reasons (she was apparently so into both Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar that she actually took serious offense to Jesus jokes). Basically being from the Northeast where actual Jewish people live (notably including myself) I really don't understand how red-staters can think of Jews as this mysterious reclusive race of supervillains.

The Japanese are actually pretty weeabo for some Christian imagery, wedding design especially, so it all comes full circle. :)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Swan Oat posted:

I've always liked Meyerland because I really dig mid-century houses. If I ever took leave of my sanity long enough to move back to Houston, I'd consider buying there.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

zoux posted:

I believe they also gave people with it a one year grace period to destroy it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Randler posted:

The Japanese are actually pretty weeabo for some Christian imagery, wedding design especially, so it all comes full circle. :)

Christian symbolism in anime is downright hilarious.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Heh, you lost me at 'Nancy Fagg'. :allears:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Heh, you lost me at 'Nancy Fagg'. :allears:
Next time someone needs a drag queen name I know what to suggest!

Doughbaron
Apr 28, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

SCOTUS legalized virtual and drawn CP in Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition I believe, so Japan isn't the only country to be ashamed of here.

Also, one of my most bizarre experiences in college was watching everyone's head explode as we discussed William J. Brennan's and Thurgood Marshal's opinion that possession of real CP should be constitutionally protected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
We give the Fox News graphics department a lot of poo poo, but sometimes they do good work. :unsmith:

• Locked thread