Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Medullah posted:

I personally enjoy healing on my mercenary more, it's a bit more unique compared to sorcerer.

Hey, we cleared DP HM tonight second try, with me DPSing. So I think that proves

A) I'm a terrible healer
B) Bedinok is a terrible tank
C) Onionbird is a terrible DPS

D) I am and continue to be the best.

Also I never want to mDPS anymore, rDPS supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Still, last night reaffirmed my faith in cartel packs--5 packs netted me the Temple Guardian Robes, Gloves, and Mask, as well as the Recon Walker.

I picked up a couple last night and got two of the emotes, of which the Tihaar dance is my new favorite thing. Every time I think I've made my character as campy as possible, someone at Bioware has to go and raise the bar.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Nipponophile posted:

I picked up a couple last night and got two of the emotes, of which the Tihaar dance is my new favorite thing. Every time I think I've made my character as campy as possible, someone at Bioware has to go and raise the bar.

Until they make a :ymca: emote, I think there are whole reservoirs of camp they have yet to plumb.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wtftastic posted:

D) I am and continue to be the best.

Also I never want to mDPS anymore, rDPS supremacy.

Yeah I'm sure Arsit out parsed me last night but she also had to work for it and couldn't sit in one place with a Razer mouse.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
New dev blog about Strongholds

They're finally starting to tease out some concrete details.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nipponophile posted:

Man now I don't have to play the sims!

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

wtftastic posted:

Man now I don't have to play the sims!

If I could trap Skadge in a 2x1 cell with a stereo blasting 24/7 until he pisses himself to death this would be GotY.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

Gotta catch 'em all.

My guild is sitting on about 100m I'm going to assume that's way, way overkill.

Edit: my concern is the planet conquests are whatever they are. Being a PvP guild with actual standards we are smaller so I'm wondering how much this will hurt us.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 2, 2014

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bedurndurn posted:

If I could trap Skadge in a 2x1 cell with a stereo blasting 24/7 until he pisses himself to death this would be GotY.

"Skadge, get in the punishment closet" said every player ever as they promptly locked him away, never to be seen again.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I mentioned to Oz that I would run them through Oricon tonight, so if any fresh 55s need to run through (or want to do dailies), I'll try to log on around 8pm Eastern. I'm not sure what time that is in criminal penal colony time.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Watching the SWTOR twitch streamabout Strongholds right now. Scantily clad male Twi'lek dancers confirmed as decorations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nipponophile posted:

Watching the SWTOR twitch streamabout Strongholds right now. Scantily clad male Twi'lek dancers confirmed as decorations.

The goon ship is just going to be the functional items and then those filling every other available bit of floor space, isn't it?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Nipponophile posted:

Strongholds look pretty awesome. I can definitely see people farm items to bling out their place.

http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

I have to have tihar. That dance may be the best one yet!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Totally going to fill my garage with tauntauns and put Skadge in a 1x2 cell

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm surprised by the sheer scale. The Nar Shadaa place they showed is HUGE, and I don't think they even went into every room.

I'm also glad that I'll have another tangible reward for my obsessive achievement collecting. They specifically mentioned a couple of items that were rewarded for collecting all the datacrons, and they said there are plenty more like that.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

I'm surprised by the sheer scale. The Nar Shadaa place they showed is HUGE, and I don't think they even went into every room.

I'm also glad that I'll have another tangible reward for my obsessive achievement collecting. They specifically mentioned a couple of items that were rewarded for collecting all the datacrons, and they said there are plenty more like that.

Is your character going to have a special datacron room where you can roll around in datacrons?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
It's going to be across from the room where I roll around in Twi'leks.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

What's wrong with Skadge? (I don't know who that is)

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Dr. Tough posted:

Eight-year-olds, dude.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Dr. Tough posted:

He's a bounty hunter companion. The final one.

Shows up, first scene you meet him he's threatening to rape a woman and talking about how pretty she smells and poo poo. So you tell him to back the gently caress off (if you're not a scumbag). So he threatens to kill you, and then walks off. Second time, he shows up and orders you to do something, then threatens to murder you for being too slow. Third time, he captures and threatens to murder a bunch of engineers into helping you, then threatens to kill you if you don't help him. Fourth time, he tries to kill someone you want to take alive (if you're lightside) and threatens to kill you if you don't let him.

Then at the end of the planet he goes 'well i'm going to just join you on your ship' and if you say 'no you're not' he says 'either you let me on your ship, or i murder you'. And you don't have the option to murder him.

Edit: Also, as part of his companion conversations, you learn about how he was in the Black Suns, and used to love murdering kids and old people for looking at him funny.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

He's a bounty hunter companion. The final one.

Shows up, first scene you meet him he's threatening to rape a woman and talking about how pretty she smells and poo poo. So you tell him to back the gently caress off (if you're not a scumbag). So he threatens to kill you, and then walks off. Second time, he shows up and orders you to do something, then threatens to murder you for being too slow. Third time, he captures and threatens to murder a bunch of engineers into helping you, then threatens to kill you if you don't help him. Fourth time, he tries to kill someone you want to take alive (if you're lightside) and threatens to kill you if you don't let him.

Then at the end of the planet he goes 'well i'm going to just join you on your ship' and if you say 'no you're not' he says 'either you let me on your ship, or i murder you'. And you don't have the option to murder him.

Edit: Also, as part of his companion conversations, you learn about how he was in the Black Suns, and used to love murdering kids and old people for looking at him funny.

haha drat

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Nipponophile posted:

Definitely digging the perks given to achievement hunters and the people who the more off-the-beaten path content. Some of the rewards are really slick like the one for collecting all the holocrons.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

It's going to be across from the room where I roll around in Twi'leks.

I'm confused, wouldn't that be all rooms?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah Skadge is so evil that I bet even sith lords would roll their eyes.

Edit: calling him evil is mean to evil people. He's just disgusting.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Medullah posted:

I mentioned to Oz that I would run them through Oricon tonight, so if any fresh 55s need to run through (or want to do dailies), I'll try to log on around 8pm Eastern. I'm not sure what time that is in criminal penal colony time.

Thanks to Medullah, Desht, and JediBlutarsky for running a completely clueless n00b (me) through Oricon. I may not have known wtf I was doing and got lost a few times, but they took the time to show me what not to do (which I did frequently anyway) and had the patience to deal with me loving up (constantly it felt to me). Much, much respect to you three.

I've got my 5 pieces of Oricon Purps now, as well as a butt-load of Comms etc from my own grinding yesterday, and I am looking forward to raiding with goons soon.. or at least as soon as I figure out how not to suck so badly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OzCavalier posted:

Thanks to Medullah, Desht, and JediBlutarsky for running a completely clueless n00b (me) through Oricon. I may not have known wtf I was doing and got lost a few times, but they took the time to show me what not to do (which I did frequently anyway) and had the patience to deal with me loving up (constantly it felt to me). Much, much respect to you three.

I've got my 5 pieces of Oricon Purps now, as well as a butt-load of Comms etc from my own grinding yesterday, and I am looking forward to raiding with goons soon.. or at least as soon as I figure out how not to suck so badly.

No problems. :) If anyone ever needs a run through Oricon, just post and we can set something up. It's less than an hour of work and it's the first thing you should do at 55.

The next step for you Oz is PVPing enough to get 1400 WZ commendations to get the Obran Relics of Focused Retribution and Serendipitous Assault, which will be best in slot relics for you until you do Hard Mode Dread Palace and get a Dread Forged relic.

Now, the important thing to decide is what to do tomorrow when I'm working at home...I'll have 8 hours with nothing to do but SWTOR!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Now, the important thing to decide is what to do tomorrow when I'm working at home...I'll have 8 hours with nothing to do but SWTOR!

Double XP, time to roll more alts...

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

Double XP, time to roll more alts...

Oh god, my alt addiction!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I can barely run TOR on my laptop but I left my security key at home :negative:.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just got a new computer, patching up and poo poo now. Hopefully it runs this game better than the 4+ year old alienware I was using before.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff

Blhue posted:

Just got a new computer, patching up and poo poo now. Hopefully it runs this game better than the 4+ year old alienware I was using before.

Do not underestimate how bad this game's engine is.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Vildiil posted:

Do not underestimate how bad this game's engine is.

I get a solid 60 fps in warzones and flashpoints with everything maxed, so it's not that bad. And some planets look really nice. I like the color palette improvements they did a while ago.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
As long as entering any new zone more complicated than my ship doesn't take me more than 10 minutes, it'll be an improvement.

Edit: holy poo poo, I was the first person to load in in KDY, rather than the guy who sheepishly initiates conversation last. Gonna like 'dis computer.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 4, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I might actually be on later tonight, despite saying I wouldn't be on Tuesday. So, if there's others on that want to raid or something. I've had a poo poo day at work so the concept of drinking myself to oblivion is very appealing.

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Manually installing Direct X 9.0c made the game run much better. It doesn't update this on its own for some godforsaken reason.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Missed tonight's raid (drat work :argh: ) which is a shame because I've never done Kragga's Palace before... will keep grinding Comms for gear and look forward to Sunday night's (US Time) raid.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
now that it's a double xp week I'm totally unmotivated to level my Vanguard or Juggernaut.

Tanking is boring especially at lower levels.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Humdrum - "Hey lets all do Lost Island!"

<Humdrum disconnects>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
After umming-and-ahhing over starting a new tank character during Double XP week, I decided to transfer a 55 Jugg I had sitting idle on another server... now to set myself up with Oricon etc for that one too and show that not only do I suck as DPS in a raid, but I can suck at tanking too. ;)

• Locked thread