Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kizeesh
Aug 1, 2005
Im right and you're an ass.

The Joe Man posted:

Really happy (and appreciative) to see a bunch of interest. I'll post more info when I have it and maybe it'll be a good use for the IRC room when it's time to sort everything out.

I'm also very interested in this. I'd love to work on some different voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Hey voice thread! The publishing company I work for is creating some new audio and video products, and we’re looking for voice talent. Our area is IT so you would have to read code, among other stuff. You don't have to be a professional software developer but you need at least some programming experience.

PM me or post here or ozha at manning dot com

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Malaver posted:

Hey voice thread! The publishing company I work for is creating some new audio and video products, and we’re looking for voice talent. Our area is IT so you would have to read code, among other stuff. You don't have to be a professional software developer but you need at least some programming experience.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for posting here!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Doctor Malaver posted:

Email sent! Thanks for posting here! :)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I should do method acting more often

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

So I stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd jump in.

I have a fairly long history of radio announcing and I've also done some commercial voice work, as well. My quaint little site is located at http://voicefromhale.com/ but the pieces on there are incredibly outdated. I really need to get another demo together, badly. I uploaded a few things that I've done a little more recently (and show a little more range)onto everyone's favorite site http://tindeck.com/users/Bunnybread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmr2cwSFvs8 This was a fun little animation that was done with some members of the podcast that I'm a part of.

Just wanted to say this is a very useful thread with lots of great info.

Also, if The Joe Man's RPG project is still open for submissions, I definitely want in on that since deep, booming voices is kinda my thing.

Bunnybread fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 5, 2014

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Bunnybread posted:

Also, if The Joe Man's RPG project is still open for submissions, I definitely want in on that since deep, booming voices is kinda my thing.
I got paid but I'm still waiting on lines.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Earlier this year I started managing some VO talent (mostly some of my more professionally prepared/competitive students, as well as some friends/acquaintances who I thought I could help book gigs) on a very casual, very freelance basis--primarily because I wanted a way to monetize the myriad VO opportunities that were coming my way but weren't right for me. Mostly small-ish gigs from family and friends who needed VO work done. But last week, the day after she finished my weekly VO class, one of my management clients (and students/friends) booked a sweet looping/ADR gig on a major feature film through me. Sooooooo you'll be able to hear one of my students in The Giver (starring Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep) next month!!

I generally try to refrain from bragpost-ing but I'm still digesting this one--it still seems really surreal that I facilitated this! Especially approaching managing in general as "passing along whatever comes my way to the right people" rather than a GOIN' OUT AND MAKIN' MONAAAAAAAYYYYYYY kinda thing. And especially since The Giver is one of my favorite books!!! But that, a new partnership with a lovely studio in midtown, and my own audition for a big network TV show this past week gave me a much-needed reminder that even when it feels like I'm not progressing, as long as I'm taking steps in my career, they're always forward steps, and that you NEVER know what's waiting just around the corner.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Congratulations blinkeve and thank you and everyone who contacted me. Going from traditional publishing to audio/video is a significant step for us so please have patience - it will probably take some time until everything is ironed out and the work starts.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hey The Joe Man, what's the best way to get a hold of you outside the forums? I might have some free time coming up, and I want to get more into VO locally, and you seem like the guy to talk to. I don't have PM cuz I'm a major cheapskate.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

Hey The Joe Man, what's the best way to get a hold of you outside the forums? I might have some free time coming up, and I want to get more into VO locally, and you seem like the guy to talk to. I don't have PM cuz I'm a major cheapskate.

You can shoot me an email or look me up on Facebook, I'm retardedly easy to find. Not sure if I can help you with the local scene in particular though because there ISN'T one. Most of the work I score involves actually searching for a need and then offering it directly (and it's usually international). I haven't seen a voice job come through the local acting lists in a long, long time and if I have, they've been unpaid. So, no, don't do those unless you're really desperate for the slightest exposure.

I'm more than happy to chat over some beers & burgers and help you out with whatever, but our kind of work in the TC is super slim.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Some news (and to prevent this thread from going into archives), the game I did 95% of the voices for just got a Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570/

They sent me the trailer script obviously but I'm still waiting on those lines for you guys.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Joe Man posted:

Some news (and to prevent this thread from going into archives), the game I did 95% of the voices for just got a Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/296570/

They sent me the trailer script obviously but I'm still waiting on those lines for you guys.

Thanks for keeping up with it. I've been looking forward to reading for it.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Okay, wow. So, here are some things.

-I just found out that I'm one of the top 5 finalists for Favorite NYC Voiceover Teacher in the Backstage Reader's Choice Awards! If you have a moment, please visit http://offers.backstage.com/readers-choice-2014 and vote for me for "New York: Favorite Voiceover Teacher"! (You don't need to vote for any other category if you don't want to do so.) I'm seriously flattered and honored, and also a bit in awe that I've reached that after only "officially" teaching classes for a little over a year.

-FIVE of us (including me) were called in to audition for a major animated TV series this month! There's only so much I can say about it at this point, but I am sure you have all heard of it. They're about to begin casting for a new season, and so we'll all be reading for a number of roles. SUPER exciting!

-I'm directing The LTM Audio Players, a ridiculously cool ensemble of voice actors who perform audio plays live, and I'm producing and performing in our ridiculously cool thing at the end of the month: a live voice acting performance of audio plays performed on the Off-Broadway stage! Our show is Wednesday, August 27th at 7PM, and if you're local to NYC I would LOVE to see you there. We're currently seeking sponsors, so if you know any business owners who would be interested in a advertising with us (or performing-arts-supporting individuals!) please have them get in touch! We have some great sponsorship arrangements set up. (Also, fun fact: Half of our group makes up 3 of the 5 people called in for the aforementioned animation audition this month.)

-I'm up for consideration for a role (on-camera) in a feature film at the moment. Again, can't say too much about it, but the person producing and starring in it is one of the most popular people in Hollywood right now. Things are up in the air right now and I honestly don't know what will happen with it, but even getting to this point is a bit mind-blowing.

It's important to recognize that most of these things are all happening "behind the scenes"; none of it is booking news yet. It's easy to get discouraged after submitting audition after audition, not hearing back, wondering if anything will ever happen, etc. Often, things are happening around you and you don't even know it! From having been on the casting, teaching and acting ends of things, I've seen firsthand that many more people can be discussing you and your work than you even know, so not hearing anything or booking anything for a while doesn't mean nothing's happening. In fact, it can mean that plenty is happening and is on its way to you at this very moment.

I WILL say, however, that every one of those five people who were called in for that animation audition is not just a good actor, not just good at "doing voices", and not just someone who "really wants it", but is actively, regularly, consistently involved, practicing, training, taking classes (with me and otherwise), meeting people, networking, making connections, and staying up to date with their crafts. Including me--I just signed up for a VO class at the end of the month and private VO lessons with a coach myself. There is always something to learn, and always some way to improve. It is those same people who are consistently putting themselves out there who are getting calls and having people talking about them. I've had a few opportunities in the past few months to send people auditions for things, and I would inevitably think first of those I'd worked with most recently. Even those I worked with less than a year ago, even if they were great, I'd wonder...have they been sticking with this, or have they given up on it? Are they even interested anymore? Are they in practice enough to tackle this with the skill needed to give a good audition? Especially when I have a bi-weekly voiceover "workout group", a low-cost, casual group feedback type class, there's no reason I shouldn't have heard from someone in SOME capacity in at least the past six months or so. Keeping up correspondence regularly and training regularly! So important!

Moral of the story: If this is what you want to do professionally, keep at it, be training and practicing regularly, get your stuff together and get out there and GO. If you're not moving forward, you're not going anywhere. That said, if you ARE taking a step, it is ALWAYS a step forward. This stuff is all possible. Not easy, and not immediate, but indeed possible. I'm watching it happen for me and my students and friends and it's just incredible!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Oh my goodness. It keeps coming. And the nice thing is, I can potentially share this one.

Can we have a roll call of those of you who are local to the NYC metro area (and/or live close enough to travel to NYC if you wanted to, to work on something cool)? If this is you, please shoot me an email at casting@listentomelanie.com with your real name, SA name, phone number, email address (if you prefer one that is different from the one from which you're emailing me for whatever reason), a little about yourself if you'd like, and LINKS to samples of your work. (No attachments, please!) Please include "from SA VO Megathread" in the subject line of your email.

Of COURSE I can't say anything about it yet, but. If you're local to NYC and are interested in a VO casting opportunity, please make sure I have your info!

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
I would jump on this, but I am in serious need of practice.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Understanding posted:

I would jump on this, but I am in serious need of practice.

Email me! Just be specific/honest about where you are in your process. (And FYI: on-mic practice is something my bi-weekly Voiceover Workout Groups are perfect for. :) )

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
Alright, i sent you an email.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

UPDATE: Finally got the lines. I'll need a few days to figure everything out and how we're going to do this effectively.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

blinkeve1826 posted:

Email me! Just be specific/honest about where you are in your process. (And FYI: on-mic practice is something my bi-weekly Voiceover Workout Groups are perfect for. :) )

I just started out but I sent you an email as well.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Okay! I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED to finally share this: I will be voicing the female lead role of Vella in the upcoming video game Y2K by Ackk Studios!! The game is scheduled for release in 2015 on PC, Mac, Wii U, PS4, and more, and everything about it that I've seen and heard so far is SO. FREAKIN'. COOL. The art is fantastic, the story is compelling, and THE MUSIC IS SOOOOO GOOD, largely owing to the folks behind the game are serious musicians. See for yourself! You can hear some of the music from the game on their Soundcloud page. My favorites are the Frankton Arcade Music and Random Encounter, as well as the piece they just put up today, the Chapter One Overworld Theme.

Interestingly, while this isn't the project for which I initially requested samples from those local to NYC, the casting director is a friend of mine and I know they will be casting for NPCs and the like at some point. I can't make any promises, but if you're local to NYC (well, actually their studio is in northern NJ, about 90 minutes from New York Penn Station), have some great character voice samples and have the right sound for something they're casting, I'm happy to pass along stuff from you guys.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

:frogsiren: TO ALL WHO WERE INTERESTED IN VOICING SOME ONE-LINERS :frogsiren:

Alright, I figured that the simplest way to do this would be for me to dump the lines here so you'll be able to pick and choose what you'd like to audition for. I'm currently assuming that if you choose to audition for something, you'll nail it and it'll be good to go, but I'll post semi-frequent updates on what lines still need to be finished.

PRINCES

Lord Nengorth
Mature, Male, Altive, Proud, Solemn. He is the bearded one on the Prince's picture....
You expect him to address you, but instead the Lord of Nabros stands watching you silently…

"Who dares to address the Lord of Nabros, heir to the South-Eastern Kingdom, Protector of Velegarn, and Custodian of the Temple of Febret?"

Lord Khornil
Feminine & charming voice, seductive, peaceful,.
He is the first on the right with long hair on the Prince's picture....
With a smile and a gesture of his hand, he offers you a seat and a cup of wine. He does not seem hostile or dangerous, so you decide to sit down, but you decline to go so far as to drink his wine. The Prince begins to speak in a smooth and sweet voice, seeming almost to caress each word...

"So, you are the explorer from beyond the Great Sea? I was not previously aware that there were lands and kingdoms on the other side of the world. Why did the Lords of Xulima hide these works of theirs from us?"

Lord Darthenos
He is a big Brute, sanguinary, and evil warlord. He is the first on the left on the Prince's picture....

"So, you are the man who murdered my brothers?"

Lord Ovengel
He is a old, but incredibly smart. He is tormented,paranoid and a bit crazy. He is the one on the throne in the Prices picture.

"I SEE YOU! HAHAHA HOW DARE YOU APPROACH MY DOMAINS, YOU WILL FEEL YOUR BONES BURN! HAHAHA"

HERALDS
Deep and demonic voice without sentiment. Similar to the Nazgûl in Lords of the Rings. JOEMAN NOTE: Might be lowering pitches on some of these too but these should be a bit more "human-evil" (think cultists/liches). Let your cruel personality shine.

"Servant of lies…"

"Your soul is strong… it would please the Guardian if you were to jump into the Well…"

"… The new order approaches..."

"HAHAHAHA, you dare challenge me? You? A soul who is bound to a mission that carries it into the abyss? HAHAHA!"

"There was only one way to enter the abode of Nalaet, but… it's impossible… How could a mortal defeat a Titan?"

"Golot's messenger… is finally here… full of lies… and betraying his mortal race…"

"I can feel them… and they hurt us…"

"So you are here… But you're late…"

TITANS
Very Deep Voice as they are DemiGods, without soul and sentiment. JOEMAN NOTE: I'll be artifically lowering the pitch on these (or you can if you know what you're going for) but I'd still like to make them distinctive from each other.

"Go back from whence you came, mortal… no creature in this world can gaze upon a Titan and live to tell the tale…"

"What is a mortal doing in the dominion of a Titan?"

"This is no place for a mortal… your home is far from here, in the west, beyond the Great Sea."

"What kind of creature dares the flames to find me?"

WITCHES
Grotesque, women, old, evil, laughing,..

"Come closer, my young and handsome explorer…"

"Oh… a visitor… What do you want from me, my pretty?"

"Ooh, I love when the food drags itself right to my door...HAHAHA...."

"My crows told me you would be coming…"

--------------------------------------------------

The more you think you can handle, the better. Shoot for 2-3, more if we end up short on actors and see what's left. I'll be getting a Steam key for every actor along with the obvious inclusion in the credits.

IMPORTANT: Don't quote this post, just the parts that you'd like to do and will be sending me. You can send me the finished audio by link through PM or email them directly (include forum/real name) to jgaudio@live.com. By posting which lines you'll be doing, it'll give other actors a chance for the others (since a lot of these are relatively the same "vibe"). I plan on wiping these lines out of the post when we're done to avoid spoilers for any folks that happen to check the thread (this isn't a big deal but eh why not).

Thanks everyone!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

blinkeve1826 posted:

Interestingly, while this isn't the project for which I initially requested samples from those local to NYC, the casting director is a friend of mine and I know they will be casting for NPCs and the like at some point. I can't make any promises, but if you're local to NYC (well, actually their studio is in northern NJ, about 90 minutes from New York Penn Station), have some great character voice samples and have the right sound for something they're casting, I'm happy to pass along stuff from you guys.

I'd be game but are they willing to cast remotely? Thanks for posting regardless!

titties
May 10, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

HERALDS
"Servant of lies…"

"Your soul is strong… it would please the Guardian if you were to jump into the Well…"

"I can feel them… and they hurt us…"

"So you are here… But you're late…"

I intend to send you these ones tonight. Still, I don't mind if someone else wants to take a crack at them and you use whatever you like better.

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

The Joe Man posted:

Lord Khornil

Lord Ovengel

Lord Darthenos

HERALDS

TITANS

Took a shot at each of these and sent you an email! Of course anyone else is welcome to try any of them, not trying to be a ball hog.

Stinkmeister fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 7, 2014

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Got it, thanks. Working full time now so it might take me a bit to follow up with feedback/info.

IMPORTANT: I forgot to mention that Xulima is pronounced Shoo-Leema.

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

The Joe Man posted:

Lord Khornil

"So, you are the explorer from beyond the Great Sea? I was not previously aware that there were lands and kingdoms on the other side of the world. Why did the Lords of Xulima hide these works of theirs from us?"

HERALDS

"Golot's messenger… is finally here… full of lies… and betraying his mortal race…"

TITANS

"Go back from whence you came, mortal… no creature in this world can gaze upon a Titan and live to tell the tale…"

Sending you these.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

The Joe Man posted:

I'd be game but are they willing to cast remotely? Thanks for posting regardless!

The two male leads live in LA and Dallas respectively, and they're flying out here to record. If you can make yourself local to NY/NJ for the recording, you're good, and you fit one or more of the roles they're casting, they'd consider you. Send me your stuff.

The Joe Man posted:

Nengorth, Khornil, Darthenos, Ovengel, Heralds, Titans

Also, a few of my guys are gonna give these a go. I told them to include my name in the subject line when they get in touch with you. I may or may not take a crack at the witches myself.

You had mentioned the possibility of pay at one point, although you did acknowledge that it would be like $5 per line or something. Is this still the case?

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

blinkeve1826 posted:

Also, a few of my guys are gonna give these a go. I told them to include my name in the subject line when they get in touch with you. I may or may not take a crack at the witches myself.

You had mentioned the possibility of pay at one point, although you did acknowledge that it would be like $5 per line or something. Is this still the case?

Cool, I definitely need witches.

A Steam Key (game is $15-$20) & Credit is the most I can do for these one-liners.

EDIT: Just realized there's no reason you couldn't sell the key for like $10 in SA Mart afterwards so there's the payment if you don't want the game.

DOUBLE EDIT: If people would really rather have $5 than a copy, I'll just pay out of pocket. I'll leave it as a choice for everyone who's selected. I can sort that out individually once we get all the lines covered/finished.

The Joe Man fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 7, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Joe Man posted:

Lord Nengorth

Lord Darthenos

HERALDS

TITANS

Will take a crack at these.

Bunnybread
Feb 16, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

Lord Nengorth

Lord Khornil

Lord Darthenos

HERALDS

TITANS

Of course I go away for the weekend at just the wrong time.
I'll give these a shot and send em to you before the end of the day.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks to everyone who's sent me stuff so far! I'll probably start sifting through everything and making decisions in a couple weeks.

(ie, no need to rush Bunnybread)

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Hey everyone, I'm going to give it about one more week to send me your stuff and then I'll start making my selections. I'll post what lines I can comfortably say are finished and then humbly ask for more submissions to clean up the scraps (and/or follow up personally to some folks who've sent me stuff that has potential to be final, but needs some work).

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far; still want submissions from a lot more of you though!

titties
May 10, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

Hey everyone, I'm going to give it about one more week to send me your stuff and then I'll start making my selections. I'll post what lines I can comfortably say are finished and then humbly ask for more submissions to clean up the scraps (and/or follow up personally to some folks who've sent me stuff that has potential to be final, but needs some work).

Thank you to everyone who's submitted so far; still want submissions from a lot more of you though!

I'm still sending mine. My throat has been raw all week, I can't get anything to work.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

The Joe Man posted:

PRINCES

Lord Khornil

Lord Darthenos

"So, you are the man who murdered my brothers?"

Lord Ovengel

"I SEE YOU! HAHAHA HOW DARE YOU APPROACH MY DOMAINS, YOU WILL FEEL YOUR BONES BURN! HAHAHA"

HERALDS

"… The new order approaches..."

"HAHAHAHA, you dare challenge me? You? A soul who is bound to a mission that carries it into the abyss? HAHAHA!"

TITANS

"What kind of creature dares the flames to find me?"

Given these a shot.

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 17, 2014

Camo Guitar
Jul 15, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

PRINCES

Lord Nengorth

Lord Khornil

Lord Darthenos

Sending you these shortly!

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
I might give some of these a go, just because I'm known for blowing up kerbals doesn't mean I can't pretend to be a demi god :)

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hello everyone! I am looking for some pretty decent voice acting for a special FYAD project. We would love to have some of you on board.

Basically, we need a voice actor (or actors) to portray several pivotal voices for this project:

-A mature adult white male who screams "I LOVE HITLER!" well
-A calm, inquisitve white nerd male voice, similar or close to The Fine Brothers in style, to read lines that ask questions about how much kids love hitler
-If possible, a voice that mimicks one of the kids in the Kids React series to say "I love hitler" in a cheerful manner. This could be a female casted role as well.

If you are interested, please drop by and say hello in this thread. If you volunteer, you will be admired by us and given credits in the published youtube video (your real name or username, whichever you are more comfortable with)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666276

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with that.

Which part are you not comfortable with? The kids? We're not even sure if we need the kids part yet.