Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Taff posted:

He's a diddler.

Its the end of days, expect Noel Edmonds to be next

Oh I thought the diddling allegations came out a while ago, I was expecting something newer/worse.

It wouldn't surprise me if Edmonds was a diddler, after all he believes some psychic nonsense about the people who do or dont deserve to win deal or no deal. That ken barlow guy believed in all manner of psychic nonsense and I think he was a rapist/diddler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Paladinus posted:

It'll be Chuckle Brothers, mark my word.

Please no :(

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Crankit posted:

Oh I thought the diddling allegations came out a while ago, I was expecting something newer/worse.
He was found guilty.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

My parents always thought they were creepy. I can kind of see it these days what with them getting pretty old.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Akuma posted:

I met them when I was a child. I don't think I was diddled... :(

"To me."

"To you."

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Sorry chaps, Neil Buchanan is next on the list.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
As long as Edd the Duck and that sheep thing aren't implicated I can remain at peace with my childhood.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Crankit posted:

As long as Edd the Duck and that sheep thing aren't implicated I can remain at peace with my childhood.

They were victims, they constantly had a blokes hand up their arse.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

stevey666 posted:

Dude's in a heavy metal band. Maybe he's had some groupies.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I'm just gutted there'll be no more re-runs of Animal Hospital.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Not even the ones where he's stroking baby goats?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

stevey666 posted:

Not even the ones where he's stroking baby goats?

Or holding a pair of Cyanistes caeruleus' with a look of glee.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
I was a member of Rolf's Cartoon Club back in the day and have always loved the bugger. Really is pretty upsetting news.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I used to like the show because he used Amigas on it and I'd say to my PC owning friends that that was the reason why they were good.

"Rolf uses them! And on the X-Files! And Babylon 5!"

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

stevey666 posted:

gently caress that!
I liked Rolf but you could always tell it was a persona (not that I expected his real personality to be into feeling up his kid's mate.) but Art Attack guy just seemed like a nice dude like he could be your dad's mate but would show you how to draw a shark out of water on the path.

Also Noël ripped down that park with all the fibre-glass statues of cartoons in Morecambe that I used to live so he may as well have molested me .

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 1, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

gently caress that!
I liked Rolf but you could always tell it was a persona (not that I expected his real personality to be into feeling up his kid's mate.) but Art Attack guy just seemed like a nice dude like he could be your dad's mate but would show you how to draw a shark out of water on the path.

Tell us where on the doll Neil touched you.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

stevey666 posted:

Well there was a rumour going around about this during my schooldays... d'you reckon The Head was in on it?

(In googling Art Attack I have just found out that The Head has been replaced by a talking palm tree in the new version of the programme. Sacrilege)

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I'm not sure the delicate youth of the 21st century could comprehend The Head without having some sort of psychotic break.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Daius posted:

I'm not sure the delicate youth of the 21st century could comprehend The Head without having some sort of psychotic break.

Honestly, I kinda had to run out of the room whenever it appeared on-screen. I was only "single-digits" years old and I got used to it, but gently caress that thing.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The best remnant of Art Attack was the twitter feed for Neil's Jumper.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jul 1, 2014

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtI7bVc5HQ

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Here's the Art Attack pilot episode from 1989.

With full TVS VT clock for presentation nerds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC4U1tBLErw

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Szmitten posted:

Honestly, I kinda had to run out of the room whenever it appeared on-screen. I was only "single-digits" years old and I got used to it, but gently caress that thing.

For me it was the hands from Bitsa... I wonder if they were related?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

thehustler posted:

Here's the Art Attack pilot episode from 1989.

With full TVS VT clock for presentation nerds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC4U1tBLErw

Looks like he's hoovering up photocopy toner.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Sherlock will be back in 2015

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

thehustler posted:

Dude's in a heavy metal band. Maybe he's had some groupies.

This doesn't bode well for Dr Karl Kennedy...

DrNewton
Feb 27, 2011

Monsieur Murdoch Fan Club
I have been re watching some old Art Attacks. The early seasons, where there is a guy playing the head is rubbish. He kept moving hsi shoulders up and down. Also, at times you can see the hole the actor sticking his head through. Still, he was a dark and cheecky sort of head. I like him.

The robot/puppet head is pretty awesome too.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

When I was a kid, I used to find the head terrifying.

But then, when I was a kid, I found my wallpaper terrifying. I was a timid kid.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Quite the opposite:

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 3, 2014

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?
Perhaps he sensed something using his Chuckle-vision.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I wonder if it was Paul or Barry he heard. It never states whether he heard a "to me" or a "to you"

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

You need to watch Claudia Winckleman on 8 Out of Ten Cats Does Countdown. She's useless at the game, but so genuinely delighted to be on the show it's sort of adorable; it's like watching a panda cub try to do calculus.

Plus, she appears to be scaring Jon Richardson to the point where he's now visibly twitching every time she squeals in his ear.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Winkleman always seems genuinely overjoyed to be on TV every time she's on screen. A few years back she was interviewed by Graham Norton and she told this adorable story about how her little boy did a duet with her of A Whole New World from Aladdin and she absolutely would not concede that it was weird because she's his mum.

She's no Fearne Cotton though.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Winkleman always seems genuinely overjoyed to be on TV every time she's on screen. A few years back she was interviewed by Graham Norton and she told this adorable story about how her little boy did a duet with her of A Whole New World from Aladdin and she absolutely would not concede that it was weird because she's his mum.

Yeah she's not. I think Winkleman is attractive and I really enjoy her voice.

She always reminds me of your friends mum who you fancied when you were young

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
But that fringe. That fringe.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010

Ponce de Le0n posted:

This doesn't bode well for Dr Karl Kennedy...

Look we all know Dr K only started his poo poo cover band to get some sweet daytime tv watching fanny.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I certainly can't argue with you there.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Irisi posted:

You need to watch Claudia Winckleman on 8 Out of Ten Cats Does Countdown. She's useless at the game, but so genuinely delighted to be on the show it's sort of adorable; it's like watching a panda cub try to do calculus.

Plus, she appears to be scaring Jon Richardson to the point where he's now visibly twitching every time she squeals in his ear.

Thanks, I didn't even know there was a new series.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Is it time for a new thread title yet? Piers is so old hat and irrelevant, mentioning him in any context is like a bit from one of those "I love the 90's" programmes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Pablo Bluth posted:

Is it time for a new thread title yet? Piers is so old hat and irrelevant, mentioning him in any context is like a bit from one of those "I love the 90's" programmes.

Didn't the yanks get rid of him? The thread title is probably just in time for his triumphant return to British televsion, now that the whole phone hacking thing has been swept under the carpet.