Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joementum posted:

We give the Fox News graphics department a lot of poo poo, but sometimes they do good work. :unsmith:

On the one hand, of course nobody would see UFOs while working or sleeping, but on the other hand I appreciate the point (THEY'RE JUST DRUNK) and referring to the parts of every day that are not explicitly reserved for work or sleep as "drinking hours" is charming enough to win me over :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Joementum posted:

We give the Fox News graphics department a lot of poo poo, but sometimes they do good work. :unsmith:

NUFORC

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh, what are the weed smoking hours?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
A little past 16.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wrong, it's actually 24/7. Nice try officer.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i live near a railroad and if my window's open i can vaguely hear when a train passes, but it's so quiet it sounds more like there's a large crowd in the distance cheering me on. it's really uplifting.

just thought i'd share.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
How can a train be quiet? Shouldn't it be perpetually blaring its horn and squealing its poorly lubricated wheels along the rusted tracks?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

XyloJW posted:

How can a train be quiet? Shouldn't it be perpetually blaring its horn and squealing its poorly lubricated wheels along the rusted tracks?
Yeah. R. Mute I'm pretty sure that's a UFO.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

zoux posted:

Wrong, it's actually 24/7. Nice try officer.

While we are commanded to smoke weed every day, we aren't necessarily told to smoke weed all day.

XyloJW posted:

Not if it's a stealth train! :tinfoil:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

While we are commanded to smoke weed every day, we aren't necessarily told to smoke weed all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOZeT2W6Bo

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Joementum posted:

There's a hilarious series of Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky audio commentary on Lord of the Rings articles on that topic.
Quoting so I can find this later. :allears:

loquacius posted:

I knew two girls in my high school class who ended up going to Brandeis. One of them was Greek Orthodox but a Judaism weeaboo for cultural reasons like the dentist from Seinfeld. The other one was Jewish but a Christianity weeaboo for Broadway reasons (she was apparently so into both Godspell and Jesus Christ Superstar that she actually took serious offense to Jesus jokes). Basically being from the Northeast where actual Jewish people live (notably including myself) I really don't understand how red-staters can think of Jews as this mysterious reclusive race of supervillains.
Was this recent because I might know these people

Also the summer before I left for brandeis I was invited to a reception thing here in Houston and I literally had no idea there was a Jewish neighborhood in the city

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

XyloJW posted:

I live pretty close (maybe half a mile) from railroad tracks and find the sound somewhat soothing at night. Well, as long as it's the HOOOOOONK HOOOONK and then silence. Sometimes you get a real turd who lays on it like HOO HOO HOOONK HOOONK HOONK HOOO HOO- shut the gently caress up already! The wheels don't squeal, they make kind of a rumbling clackety sound. I don't even notice it most of the time.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I live pretty close (maybe half a mile) from railroad tracks and find the sound somewhat soothing at night. Well, as long as it's the HOOOOOONK HOOOONK and then silence. Sometimes you get a real turd who lays on it like HOO HOO HOOONK HOOONK HOONK HOOO HOO- shut the gently caress up already! The wheels don't squeal, they make kind of a rumbling clackety sound. I don't even notice it most of the time.

Iirc the number of whistles and length are regulated by the train or its length or something. They don't have a choice in the matter.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Can I Marry an Anti-Zionist?

I am an unmarried 32- year-old woman who is very ready to settle down and have kids. At the beginning of this year I met a really great guy. I am okay with his non-Jewishness because it will not interfere with my Jewishness or my kids’ Jewishness. I am not okay with his politics on Israel, which he calls an apartheid state. I tell him he hasn’t read enough, but he says the military occupation, settlements and large numbers of Palestinians who have died are all he needs to know. I am a Zionist, my father was born in Israel, and I am wondering if this should be a dealbreaker, or if that is ridiculous and I should just get over it.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
As a Masshole the idea of Jews as this sinister evil baffles me, it's like claiming that all Italians are secret mobsters or the Irish are all part of a nefarious papal plot.

Then again I also think mayonnaise and marshmallows don't mix so maybe as a coastal elitist I just don't get the American heartland.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

Holy loving poo poo a Fox graph/chart that starts at zero. Now I have seen everything.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

As a Masshole the idea of Jews as this sinister evil baffles me, it's like claiming that all Italians are secret mobsters or the Irish are all part of a nefarious papal plot.

Then again I also think mayonnaise and marshmallows don't mix so maybe as a coastal elitist I just don't get the American heartland.

Welcome to American racism pull up a seat and RUN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FLEE THE COUNTRY RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

McDowell posted:

The blacks and Mexicans skew the average :freep:

Sadly true. It should go without saying that this is a damning indictment of the regions lovely history and continuing practices on race, and not an inherent quality of minorities or whatever.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Even her family goals are Zionist. The husband would be a Palestinian.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Well, they were just as poor before the north came down and burned them. So, help them with resources you have aplenty?

But no, we mask our own dissatisfaction into mocking and narratives.

Seriously look at wages. Lowest is food.

So the main advantages of a rich agriculture land is valued the least, ergo they are poor because by they are racist?

Femur fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 2, 2014

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

You haven't lived until you've tried my home-made Pickles n' Marshmallow sandwich. (with mayonnaise!)

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'What are you spraying me with!?!'

"RUM! So no one will believe your story! hahahaha!"

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
Crosspost from the US politics thread, because this is probably better here:

Joementum posted:

But the funniest thing about Santorum's movie company is that it was co-founded by the owner of an anime production company and the two businesses share office space.
:roflolmao: Ahahahahahaha holy poo poo this is funniest hypocrisy I've ever seen! EchoLight's co-founder is Gen Fukunaga, aka the president and CEO of FUNimation. That means that the money for Santorum's films is coming directly from not just DBZ, that violent, unwholesome children's show where God is just a green alien (and not very strong at that), it's also coming from other violent and/or sex filled Funimation licensed shows such as Future Diary, Deadman Wonderland, Black Lagoon, and loving Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt:

Rick Santorum's income posted:

The show revolves around the exploits of the Anarchy sisters, Panty and Stocking, angels who were kicked out of Heaven due to their bad behavior.

[Panty] does not take her Ghost-hunting duties as seriously as her sister Stocking, instead preferring to fulfill her personal goal of having sex with one thousand men on Earth before returning to Heaven.

Whilst [Stocking] doesn't have the same level of interest in sex as her sister, she does show sexual urges and interests, and is generally more interested in masochistic activities, such as bondage and electrocution.

[Garterbelt] relays missions from Heaven to Panty and Stocking, and is constantly annoyed by their erratic behavior and lack of commitment to tasks at hand. Though vocal about keeping order in Daten City, he practices bondage and displays interest in young males, particularly Brief, and uses a masked alias called "Master G" to disguise himself while undertaking such hobbies. In his youth, he was a brutal thug who committed a wide array of crimes including robbery, prostitution, selling drugs and murder.
Seriously, the show reads like a checklist of something designed to make Santorum break down in horror and declare America's morality dead; it's literally the antithesis of everything he believes in. And yet, he's apparently just fine with getting money from it, so enjoy your smut money Ricky.:allears:

And yes, anime trap sprung. I haven't actually seen Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt though, I'm just aware of it being an insanely raunchy show, which makes it so funny that it's funding something Rick Santorum's doing.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: PSG was great. you should watch it.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You haven't lived until you've tried my home-made Pickles n' Marshmallow sandwich. (with mayonnaise!)

Some day I will die cheerfully, knowing that I never lived.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Matoi Ryuko posted:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

(gag ooooout loud)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

fade5 posted:

Crosspost from the US politics thread, because this is probably better here:

:roflolmao: Ahahahahahaha holy poo poo this is funniest hypocrisy I've ever seen! EchoLight's co-founder is Gen Fukunaga, aka the president and CEO of FUNimation. That means that the money for Santorum's films is coming directly from not just DBZ, that violent, unwholesome children's show where God is just a green alien (and not very strong at that), it's also coming from other violent and/or sex filled Funimation licensed shows such as Future Diary, Deadman Wonderland, Black Lagoon, and loving Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt:

Seriously, the show reads like a checklist of something designed to make Santorum break down in horror and declare America's morality dead; it's literally the antithesis of everything he believes in. And yet, he's apparently just fine with getting money from it, so enjoy your smut money Ricky.:allears:

And yes, anime trap sprung. I haven't actually seen Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt though, I'm just aware of it being an insanely raunchy show, which makes it so funny that it's funding something Rick Santorum's doing.

Panty & Stocking is sort of like an anime Robot Chicken. I guess I have to vote for Rick Santorum now that he is cool. :shrug:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

pangstrom posted:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

(gag ooooout loud)

It's Antarcitca's preferred sandwich!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I would be a lot more perturbed at this if I didn't know that all through grad school my dad apparently subsisted on a steady diet of grilled cream cheese sandwiches.

To be honest I gave that a try when I got to college myself and it's not bad; better if you add some Spam though.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW
So what's the endgame of the d&d chat thread, anyhow? You've gotta know we're just going to turn back into LF and march on the rules thread before getting banned to the last poster.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

illrepute posted:

So what's the endgame of the d&d chat thread, anyhow? You've gotta know we're just going to turn back into LF and march on the rules thread before getting banned to the last poster.

I think you just answered your own question.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chantilly Say posted:

I would be a lot more perturbed at this if I didn't know that all through grad school my dad apparently subsisted on a steady diet of grilled cream cheese sandwiches.

To be honest I gave that a try when I got to college myself and it's not bad; better if you add some Spam though.

All of those things are delicious, they're just not usually served in a single sandwich. It's a yet to be acquired taste. :D

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

illrepute posted:

Once we all reach level 60 we're going to raid Molten Core.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Another thing John Adams was wrong about : today.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

illrepute posted:

Well I'll gas it if it ever gets that bad.

D&D is a community. We see each other in a lot of the same threads. So people talk about their lives and their day and whatever, and then people complain "this is the SCOTUS thread, stop talking about Mexican food." The endgame of this thread is that less non political derails in political threads, because if I need to I can ask Reindeerf about Thai cuisine here or Randler about German cuisine here instead of whatever random thread I see them posting in.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Plus it's nice to have a thread where people aren't constantly at each other's throats. That poo poo gets super tiring.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

illrepute posted:

And what's wrong with that? Even if that happens, it'll be a fun ride all the way there. Besides, I never got to see LF in it's prime firsthand.:getin:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Panty & Stocking is sort of like an anime Robot Chicken. I guess I have to vote for Rick Santorum now that he is cool. :shrug:
Yeah, I'm well aware the show's satirical as all hell; Santorum's chronic inability to get/take a joke has been plastered (you might even say splattered:v:) all over the internet thanks Dan Savage and the greatest troll ever, so more jokes at Santorum's expense are always good.

Seriously, the fact that that Santorum's "Google Problem" was actually relevant to his presidential campaign is absolutely loving hilarious, you can't get much more famous or national than that.:allears:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Mayo and marshmallows what the gently caress

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Swan Oat posted:

Mayo and marshmallows what the gently caress

Just the midwest being the midwest, I guess. :shrug:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So is it kosher to say "hey, let's take this boozechat to the chat thread" then?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
You can remind people yeah, just don't be a jerk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Just the midwest being the midwest, I guess. :shrug:

This is what happens when you add mayonnaise to things :nms:

• Locked thread